• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Tell us how you really feel.

Gaf FFBE

Dumpster-non.JPG

I love you guys <3

Kouriozan

Reddit praising the event, I'm actually surprised for once.
But yes, I always said that King Mog events were nice, and this global exclusive one is pretty good.

Iceman829

Can someone be kind enough to summarize what I should be doing for this event and the best way to go? Just woke up and am super confused

Farming materials and crafting

They gift you a free recipe that runs on a 15minute timer. You can purchase 3hr or 8hr special recipes that net that same amount of "mogcakes" but require less babysitting.

You can farm the crafting materials in any world area mission or exploration. The popular ones are Dwarves forge and Maranda coast in the new area

You then take your cakes and trade them to the king mog in the farplane area for items

From what I gather,

These ingredients come from enemies in explorations. I ran the desert, a cactaur dropped an actual cake and so did the boss. Do higher level explorations drop more ingredients? Because I didn't feel I gained that much overall. Where do we even bring the cakes ? Should I buy the bigger cake box for precious Lapis?

Also, are you guys running through explorations until enemies stop spawning ? I saw a post somewhere that one of you is already crafting the 8 hour one in every slot you have. Where do you get the hundreds of flour for that?

NomarTyme

Also, are you guys running through explorations until enemies stop spawning ? I saw a post somewhere that one of you is already crafting the 8 hour one in every slot you have. Where do you get the hundreds of flour for that?
Basically run any of the new island exploration you'll get a lot of material for 8 hr recipe. Pretty much just run through each zone and max out the battle encounters.

The last two explorations

Maranda coast or Dwarven Forge

A full completion of either one should give you enought for an 8 hour craft

Just stockpile items anywhere you can. We could probably do the math to figure out just how many you need so you dont have to do it endlessley

Takuan

I'm confused; bought the premium cake recipe but don't see it as an option in any of the Forge menus. Do I need to do something to be able to activate it?

Edit: Thanks guys!

For people that don't understand you need to do a full run of the exploration your items should look like this at the end (With Locke).

This means you need to full kill all the encounters possible in the exploration. Usually there are 2 to 3 zones in an exploration where only so many encounters will spawn. The picture below is a good example of what Dwarf fortress looks like.

yQvKuR5.png

Hope this helps some people.

EDIT: Miranda Coast and drop rates https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...on_megathread/d759lsx?st=iskg5lnf&sh=83942f1d
1hwTty3.png

Shouta

Someone on my Friend's list has a Trance Terra with 888 Magic Attack. Absolutely disgusting. He has so many TM....

Sounds like this Global event is the same type of currency but you have to bake it. That's so weird, lol. But the rewards are (mostly) the same as a JP event. This is what you guys have to look forward to generally speaking. 10 Tickets + TMs and event specific gear through currency drops is pretty standard. The other type of event that's common is a big exploration dungeon with multiple bosses that you clear once for great rewards.

robotuw

Yes! Got a Zidane! Him plus a Kefka from the daily pull makes this is a damn fine day. Now I got a reason to work for that trust moogle.

Valentus

So, about the new summon gate in JP...

From Reddit:

- Crystal rarity determines which base rarity you will get; Gold will always give base 4, Rainbow will always give base 5

- Everything has been super simplified. No more typing such as common, rare, or several different kind of bases

-Yes, that means Vivi and Cecil have same rate

- Featured unit rate seems to have been decreased to around 25%

- What is interesting is the guaranteed pull chance (the +1 summon you get from 5k Lapis pull or using special ticket), which has ~51% chance to pull a featured unit, 47.5% of which are base 4

- For this banner that means Setzer has 47.5% rate on a guaranteed pull, and 4.75% rate on a normal pull. That's almost a guaranteed Setzer on 10+1 summon

leehom

If I just need a ton of Flour, what should I run? Doing Miranda Coast got me a little lopsided.

You should get enough for one full 8 hour recipe if you farmed every creep.

Make sure you farm all of them on the first and second zone. XP should be a teeny bit over 60k when you complete the map.

Shouta

How much are the ingredients worth if you sell them? Could be a source of gil after you're doing getting cakes, lol

orion434

You should get enough for one full 8 hour recipe if you farmed every creep.

Make sure you farm all of them on the first and second zone. XP should be a teeny bit over 60k when you complete the map.

I have been doing that, maybe it's just my luck, I have more of the other materials. Need flour to balance it :)

CCIE

Banned
Going to be awhile until we get the same deal as Japan has. So if I re-roll Japanese account can probably get Setzer or Esper Terra with zero issue. Interesting

The premium recipe still looks better from a materials standpoint. A yield of 32 times the standard yet you need less than 32 times the ingredients.

Better for your sanity and if you max out your crafting slots you can do 4K every 8 hours assuming you get enough mats

Not bad at all
Yup. The Premium recipe saves 4 Sugar, 36 Eggs, 33 Paste, 116 Flour per craft vs crafting 32 with the Standard recipe. Plus, there is the bonus of them giving you enough mats with the recipe purchase to make it once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom