• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

I have to be careful when auto battling and not looking at my screen while at work while farming all these cake mats. This is the second time my healer died and I had to scrape by using my zidane with the cure ability to heal everyone. Those stupid bombs in Dwarves' forge are the worst.

Pejo

Does anybody know which areas are segmented off in the Forge level? Like for the Coast it's easy, because there's 2 areas, you farm one until it dries up then move to the second. But the Forge has so many areas, I'm not sure where the cut-offs are. The boss room and the entrance don't seem to have any enemies at all, other than that, I'm not sure.

Mipcgamer

Does anybody know which areas are segmented off in the Forge level? Like for the Coast it's easy, because there's 2 areas, you farm one until it dries up then move to the second. But the Forge has so many areas, I'm not sure where the cut-offs are. The boss room and the entrance don't seem to have any enemies at all, other than that, I'm not sure.

I think this is what you are looking for. It is as easy as Maranda, just stay in zone 1 close to the exit to zone 2 until you get 3204 Gil, then proceed to zone 2 and keep fighting in the hallway before the boss until you have 7888 Gil.

The only reason to go off the central path, is for the collection points. Even if you do, you will be spending most of the time in the central hallway to get all your battles.

For people that don't understand you need to do a full run of the exploration your items should look like this at the end (With Locke).

This means you need to full kill all the encounters possible in the exploration. Usually there are 2 to 3 zones in an exploration where only so many encounters will spawn. The picture below is a good example of what Dwarf fortress looks like.

yQvKuR5.png

Hope this helps some people.

EDIT: Miranda Coast and drop rates https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...on_megathread/d759lsx?st=iskg5lnf&sh=83942f1d
1hwTty3.png

Pejo

I think this is what you are looking for. It is as easy as Maranda, just stay in zone 1 close to the exit to zone 2 until you get 3204 Gil, then proceed to zone 2 and keep fighting in the hallway before the boss until you have 7888 Gil.

The only reason to go off the central path, is for the collection points. Even if you do, you will be spending most of the time in the central hallway to get all your battles.

Cool, easy enough. I'll grab the 4 easy-to-get-to nodes, and just leave that one at the bottom corner of the map.

Thanks!

CCIE

Banned
I'll probably do another pull or two tomorrow in search of characters like Locke. Locke, Zidane - I'm not picky. And if I were to pull a tank, I'm going out and buying a lottery ticket ;)

I finally have space in my unit inventory, as I have leveled both ExDeath and Firion up to almost max 4*. I freaking love Firion - his animation is off the charts. I think I'll be giving him the bow from the next trial to go with all the passives he already has.

ExDeath was simply a pleasant surprise. Haven't been chasing him, but I'm pretty sure I can find room somewhere

Is the max for the event 9999? I'm fixing to hit that in flour...

Lyrian

Geh! Anyone have a lower level exploration and/or story level that is good to grind for cake materials? I've only been playing for a week, so I'm only on the second island still ㅠㅠ

So far, I've been doing the phantom forest exploration and feeding pool.

Thanks.

Just play the most expensive exploration that you have unlocked. In general, the farther in the story you have unlocked, the better the cake material drops.

cLOUDo

in which items are you using the cakes?
i farming for the vit+15 and the limit/trust master units

using it in ticket is a misuse imo

CCIE

Banned
Congrats Lyrian! Everyone with good luck today... I might push it tomorrow, and I might not. Would like Locke or Leo, but we will see if it feels right tomorrow morning. Rates seem to be pretty good again.

I

Lyrian

More solid Reddit survey results (over 1k surveys) pretty much indicate a fair banner for a change. 7.5% chance at each of the 4 featured units.

Although there will surely be some hiccups in the road from time to time, most of the featured units should be relatively easily pullable (outside some truly horrible luck) in the 7 day banner window.

CCIE

Banned
Forgot I don't have CoD either... perhaps eventually. I might pull on the FB banner in search of the elusive WoL or CoD. I think having multiple units in a banner is the key, and not being hung up on any of them.

At least for me. When I really want a unit, it doesn't seem to work out that often.

Im hoping to get some dupes in the Daily but am SUPER pumped that I completed the FF6 roster

Cant wait to casually do crazy shit with all of them. Normidors Shadow is an inspiration. Im sure I can eventually make all my favorite characters god tier with TMs

Most of all.... Locke and Celes are finally reunited at long last

#thefeels #feelsgoodman

Lyrian

Congrats Lyrian! Everyone with good luck today... I might push it tomorrow, and I might not. Would like Locke or Leo, but we will see if it feels right tomorrow morning. Rates seem to be pretty good again.

I

Calm before the storm on the next banner.

Rough odds are 1 in 13.3 for each unit.

So, at the minimum of 1/2 price + 1 ticket daily, that's 14 pulls in the banner window. That would yield slightly over a 50% chance to pull all 4 featured units.

It would be uncommonly poor luck, if all of them are not acquired in 20-25 pulls.

Glad everyone is getting good pulls...also glad I can sit back and not pull a single time on this or the FB banner. So when the next new batch of stuff comes I can go nuts if it has some good stuff in it. Should have over 30 tickets and probably close to 25-30k in Lapis by then. Feels good.

Pbae

Glad everyone is getting good pulls...also glad I can sit back and not pull a single time on this or the FB banner. So when the next new batch of stuff comes I can go nuts if it has some good stuff in it. Should have over 30 tickets and probably close to 25-30k in Lapis by then. Feels good.

Whoa.

Are you F2P acct?

Pejo

I got caught up in the hype from everyone getting good pulls today, and saw the banner and thought "man, I sure wouldn't mind a Celes, just for nostalgia", so I threw my 250 lapis in the grinder......

Celes!

FFVI is confirmed my luckiest realm. I did a single pull on the first Locke banner and got one of him too.

Man I'm really happy, now I have another unit to xp and awaken too. Let's hope this luck sticks with me til the next WoL banner.

I got caught up in the hype from everyone getting good pulls today, and saw the banner and thought "man, I sure wouldn't mind a Celes, just for nostalgia", so I threw my 250 lapis in the grinder......

Celes!

FFVI is confirmed my luckiest realm. I did a single pull on the first Locke banner and got one of him too.

Man I'm really happy, now I have another unit to xp and awaken too. Let's hope this luck sticks with me til the next WoL banner.

Grats!

I snagged her today too! So Happy to have all the FF6 crew

Ourobolus

Banned
Quick question with the explorations and zones:

Is there a number of battles/XP per ZONE? Or is it just exploration? Like above it says 14 battles for Zone 1 and 14 Battles for Zone 2. Can I do 28 battles in one zone, or does stuff stop spawning in one zone and then I have to switch to the other?

Nohar

I only connect for daily rewards... I guess I should try to finish the new continent, at least.

Anyhow, decided to pull one character, and got 4* Kefka. Heh, not bad, although I really could use more physical units right now.

Pejo

Quick question with the explorations and zones:

Is there a number of battles/XP per ZONE? Or is it just exploration? Like above it says 14 battles for Zone 1 and 14 Battles for Zone 2. Can I do 28 battles in one zone, or does stuff stop spawning in one zone and then I have to switch to the other?

It's definitely per zone. Your example of 14 for zone 1 and 14 for zone 2 is the correct way to look at it. Some areas supposedly are sectioned off in even stranger ways, according to Reddit. like particular hallways having a certain number of encounters. I think there's a spreadsheet on reddit that shows you by gil (used as a measurement) when you're at "max" for any given area. I don't go that deep into it personally, I usually just count to 20 seconds between encounters and if I don't get a fight, I move on.

Anyone have any suggestions for just amassing a shitload of Flour? I have so many extra of every other material but flour is killing me.

Ourobolus

Banned
It's definitely per zone. Your example of 14 for zone 1 and 14 for zone 2 is the correct way to look at it. Some areas supposedly are sectioned off in even stranger ways, according to Reddit. like particular hallways having a certain number of encounters. I think there's a spreadsheet on reddit that shows you by gil (used as a measurement) when you're at "max" for any given area. I don't go that deep into it personally, I usually just count to 20 seconds between encounters and if I don't get a fight, I move on.

Anyone have any suggestions for just amassing a shitload of Flour? I have so many extra of every other material but flour is killing me.

Huh, ok. Thanks.

I've personally run into a terrible luck streak with my pulls over the past couple of weeks, especially with the discount pull. I only seem to pull magic units, but I already have a full maxed Kefka, Tellah, and Exdeath. All I'm looking for at this point is a somewhat decent physical character. I'm still using Laswell and Amarant as my attackers, and that's not quite cutting the cheese.

What's a guy gotta' do to get a WoL or Chizuru around here???

Did 4 more pulls and finally got some of the banner characters. Pulled a Celes and Terra.
So far for this banner I pulled Hayate, Penelo, Luna, Vivi, Cyan, Fran x2, Celes and Terra. Not very good, but I'll take it. The base 4* units still elude me.

ExVicis

So I'm not quite following still but...how does Locke help out in the exploration farming? I have only one Locke friend so I can't really test and find out, but what's his role when people take him along?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Easiest to do, farm mats enough, put it to owen, wait 8h and rinse & repeat. Premium is the way to go.

Thanks !!

Can you also just run regular Story stages and get all the materials ? From what i read Exploration is obv. better if you have the time to run them...but are the Story stages enough for people with limited playtime ?

Dont have the Lapis for the Bundle but ill try to get the Premium one this weekend.

Coppanuva

Thanks !!

Can you also just run regular Story stages and get all the materials ? From what i read Exploration is obv. better if you have the time to run them...but are the Story stages enough for people with limited playtime ?

Dont have the Lapis for the Bundle but ill try to get the Premium one this weekend.

Not really if you want every item. It may be enough for some stuff (you could at least make 4 summon tickets easily, which is roughly 1000 lapiz if you value them at the cost of the 1/2 daily pull). Might be able to get more, I haven't done the math.

Lyrian

So I'm not quite following still but...how does Locke help out in the exploration farming? I have only one Locke friend so I can't really test and find out, but what's his role when people take him along?

Locke's special at 5* 80 increases the number of drops from monsters and nodes. The big question is how much of a benefit Locke generates, as there is no in game cue when his skill procs. His skill seems to duplicate drops, but no one knows by how much and how often exactly.

Valentus

Now that i know that my locke can solo Maranda just with 1 friend (another locke) i can tell you all that i build a power-leveling locke for leader so all of you if you want to collect materials in maranda and also want to power leveling characters (one unit can get 50k-60k exp in 1 run)

The build of my locke is this:

Weapon: Rising Sun / Excalibur
Head: Green Beret
Armor: Brigandinne
Accesories: Ribbon / Hero Ring

Materias:

Dual Wield
Esuna
Cure
MP+20%

I put esuna because in maranda you can get poisoned easily, so this might help you. Cure because it will be only 2 characters and you could need to cure your unit. I equipped my locke with a ribbon so he cant get any status ailments. The MP+20% is for more MP to cure and Esuna.

I put brigandinne to give him more defense.

With my locke you will not any problem to collect materials and power leveling your unit.

Cheers.

ExVicis

Locke's special at 5* 80 increases the number of drops from monsters and nodes. The big question is how much of a benefit Locke generates, as there is no in game cue when his skill procs. His skill seems to duplicate drops, but no one knows by how much and how often exactly.
Oh well crap the Locke I have access to is nowhere near 80 or even 5 stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom