• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

udca

You guys just now learning about Chain Experiments?

Makes you look at multihit characters a little differently doesnt it!

Also Setzer DA GAWD

I've seen videos, but I'm not sure I understand how it works. Does it just increase the damage multiplier the more hits there are?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHKmX1oPu10

First 11 pulls

Setzer
Gau
2 Chizurus
Ovelia
Amarant
Agrias
Leo
Kain
Vivi

Next 11 pulls

Garnet
Chizuru
Summer Fina
Rosa
Luca
2 Cecils
Gau
Medius
Galuf

Next 11 pulls

Setzer
Zidane
CoD
Summer Lid
Gafgarion
Terra
Gau
Lawrence

Next 11 pulls

WoL
Garland
Terra
Faris
Xiao

Final 11 pulls

2 Setzers
Summer Fina
King
Lawrence
Locke
Ramza

Im about to never pull ever again until Gumi gives me the summon rebalance JP has now.

Good lord!

Yeah we getting taken for a ride over here LOL!

ExVicis

Well I did a couple of pulls to get a Locke. No dice there.

But I did get a second Leo with more stars! So at least my TM farming for Leo can really get started.

GG-Duo

Has it been proven that Locke helps with the ingredient drops? My impression from the posts that I've read yesterday was that he doesn't change anything.

Valentus

Setzer has one skill that has a random chance of getting:

7 damage
77 damage
777 damage
7777 damage
77777 damage

That damage is "fixed". Fixed damage means that is damage unrelated to ATK of the attacker or DEF of the target.

As i read, That setzer has dual wield, so he can cast twice the skill, so the chances of getting the 77.777 damage are more likely to happen. Also, he has Demon Killer equiped, that does 50% more damage.

The 2 Edgars with chansaw are just "chain combo blanket" so the setzer attack can chain. A chained attack does 20% more damage, and a "elemental chain" does 40% more damage i think.

So that setzer hit an 77.777 damage elemental chained with demon killer. BOOM.

Kouriozan

How do you do that? Is it a special ability of Edgars? If so, I won't complain when pulling him anymore.

The 2 Edgars are there to increase combo and element chains with auto bowgun or chainsaw, they can be very weak the results would be the same. You just need multiple weapons of the same elements.

See this gif :

mDiyVPdFhr2cU.gif

CCIE

Banned
Kouriozan - I cannot read Japanese... so what you are saying is that if Edgar has a fire based weapon, as does Edgar #2, and Firion. Then you can stack some insane damage through the use of an "Elemental" chain. What if you use Firaga on top - does that stack?

Do I have the idea right?

Zafir

Hah, typical. Just as I got one tank finally the other day(Amarant), today I get Cecil and Leo both 4* from ticket pulls.

It was balanced out by getting two 3* Shadows shortly after. Such is gacha life.

Shouta

Dunno about the chances of hitting 77777 but you either die or a lot or win by luck with that setup, lol.

They're using Edgar for chainsaw because I assume it has quite a few hits making it easier to land the Element and Spark chain.

Valentus

Kouriozan - I cannot read Japanese... so what you are saying is that if Edgar has a fire based weapon, as does Edgar #2, and Firion. Then you can stack some insane damage through the use of an "Elemental" chain. What if you use Firaga on top - does that stack?

Firion does that insane damage because he has 4 plant killers equiped, that is 200% damage, plus elemental chain that is 40% more damage, and weakness of the plant to fire, thats another 50% more.

You wont get always that kind of damage. Gilgamesh and Dark Ifrit/Siren trials (pre-Setzer) would have been piece of cake since always, and its not like this.

Dunno about the chances of hitting 77777 but you either die or a lot or win by luck with that setup, lol.

They're using Edgar for chainsaw because I assume it has quite a few hits making it easier to land the Element and Spark chain.

Yep, Brave Exvius uses the same fundamentals of Brave Frontier (both are "Brave" lol) so its like you said, SPARK BLANKET, like good ol' Brave Frontier.

Kouriozan

It's exactly that.
The trick is that your most powerful unit should have the same elemental weapon and you time his attack to be right after the combos.
An appropriate Killer ability would boost the damage even more, probably why Firion is used in my example (he gets a lot more at 6*)

CCIE

Banned
I'm getting tired of farming this cake recipe. I have over 12K flour saved up so that should get me through four days of cake baking, I think - I have three slots. I'll do some more in awhile, but right now, I just want to run TMR farming for a bit

Valonquar

FInished off the crafting & limit break trophies...tips for grinding the item usage trophy? Does it count out of battle item use via menu in explorations?

FInished off the crafting & limit break trophies...tips for grinding the item usage trophy? Does it count out of battle item use via menu in explorations?
Go to wherever they sell those elemental dmg items as they do shit dmg. I think theres some in the snow village place and buy a shit ton of those.

Take it into a strongish story battle or regular exploration and have your whole party shoot them out. That's 6 items in 1 turn, repeat x amount of times and done in no time

Did 6 ticket pulls:
Locke x2
Edgar x2
Luna
Vaan 5*

Been wanting a full break, so this was great. Got Locke to 80, so if any one wants another on their friends list, add me.

Takuan

First 250 Lapis ticket pool got me a 5* Leo.

notbad.jpg

Still trudging through story to unlock the farming areas for cakes... probably too late to get everything, but I can at least get some of the good ish.

Freed up some friend spots; got max Locke on share. Add me if you want teh l00tz (and daily gifts :) 310,752,313
Been wanting a full break, so this was great. Got Locke to 80, so if any one wants another on their friends list, add me.

Hit you both up.

Bork

Neo Member
Freed up some friend spots; got max Locke on share. Add me if you want teh l00tz (and daily gifts :) 310,752,313

Xion86

Cheers guys, might grab the premium one. Tempted to use my tickets as I really want Locke! But saying that, ivegot a lot of Locke friends which I'm making good use of (thanks guys!) so maybe that will do.

Kouriozan

One thing I like with the new JP summon rule, is that you won't get big holes anymore in your (home screen) menu->guide->unit list when you get for example WoL at 5* directly.
Once again it bother me as a completionist, but I guess most players don't even know about that menu.

Xion86

Oh my god!! Used 3 tickets, got Fran, Cyan and Edgar decided I'll leave it...did a few other bits and was about to finish for the night when I used one more ticket randomly.....and got Locke!!!! :D *happy* (3 star).

Crazy luck.

One thing I like with the new JP summon rule, is that you won't get big holes anymore in your (home screen) menu->guide->unit list when you get for example WoL at 5* directly.
Once again it bother me as a completionist, but I guess most players don't even know about that menu.
How can u function as a completionist in a gacha game

Zafir

Hmmm. Are we sure that Miranda consistently gives more flour?

I'm not convinced. I think they both vary massively. Sometimes I get more in Miranda, sometimes I get more in Forge.

I'm just kind of rotating them, though if I can't pay full attention to the game I do coast just because there's no risk of characters dying due to bombs.

Jeffrey

been just hugging the right side of forge going up and down and autoing while working, and now watching tv.

whats annoying is the bombs that blow themself and kill units :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom