• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have time this weekend to grind out exploration dungeons. What normal stage would be the best event item per energy return?

Yeah I feel ya

thats why I farmed the explorations like crazy beforehand so I can just hit those 8 hour synths without thinking all weekend and farm trust

Zafir

I don't have time this weekend to grind out exploration dungeons. What normal stage would be the best event item per energy return?

Dwarven Forge Northern side in my experience.

I run that when I'm trying to use any NRG and I don't have time for a full exploration.

Dwarven Forge Northern side in my experience.

I run that when I'm trying to use any NRG and I don't have time for a full exploration.

What does it net you on average?

Im wondering if I stock far enough ahead... How far I can coast on simple stuff before I have to farm explorations again

Zafir

Im wondering if I stock far enough ahead... How far I can coast on simple stuff before I have to farm explorations again

On average probably 75 Flour, which isn't great for the NRG, but it's the best I've found. I've seen anything from 50-150 Flour drop from it.

Ourobolus

Banned

I just ran Dwarven Forge (both zones) and got 475 Flour. I'm not seeing a huge difference between Maranda and Forge so far, other than Mogcakes dropping from the Forge.

On average probably 75 Flour, which isn't great for the NRG, but it's the best I've found. I've seen anything from 50-150 Flour drop from it.

Thats not horrible

I mean if you are burned out at least the NRG isnt going to waste

Heck I get 5-15 flour a run from farming Earth shrine for my TMs

Ended up with 600 overnight.... i need to do the math to make sure that checks out

I plan on doing TM all weekend so Ill report my findings for you guys

Yeah it seems to depend on rng; yesterday I was hitting more flour drops on Miranda, today the Forge is dropping them like candy.

Forge feels less repetitive than the coast for some reason.

If I make SURE to complete the Forge i seem to get 500+ flour every time

Its just hard to sit there and get through all of it

takes 20 minutes minimum. At least I can mindlessly do it on my breaks at work and get ahead

Im glad the mats drop in the volumes they do. This would be very fatiguing otherwise. I just do cycles of amassing ingredients and then doing casual stuff to supplement

CCIE

Banned
I'll be running TMR all day today... I have close to 2K flour stacked up so I won't run Dinardo again until much later.. Have stuff to do

Folstern

5 tickets in and 2 daily pulls later and still have not gotten one banner unit. Did get a Shantotto, Zidane and my second and therefore unneeded CoD though? Looks like TM farming is in my future for the next 3 months.

FFVI happens to be my favorite FF and Terra my favorite character, so of course I want her for my team.

Anyways I wasted all my tickets and lapis, including 8 of the 10 you can get from the event.

Now, how does one pull 19 times and not get a single unit on the banner?

I'm annoyed now and this is why I'll never go beyond F2P with this game. I'm sure 19 pulls should at least get one of those features units, but instead I got 2 Rydia, 3 Kain, 2 Penelo, 2 Fran, 2 Edgar, 1 Sabin, 1 Lenna (nice grab but I have her already), 2 Anzelm, 2 Galuf, 1 Cyan and 1 Bedile.

That must be the worst set of pulls anyone has had on this banner so far.

FFVI happens to be my favorite FF and Terra my favorite character, so of course I want her for my team.

Anyways I wasted all my tickets and lapis, including 8 of the 10 you can get from the event.

I'm annoyed now and this is why I'll never go beyond F2P with this game. I'm sure 19 pulls should at least get one of those features units, but instead I got 2 Rydia, 3 Kain, 2 Penelope, 2 Fran, 2 Edgar, 1 Sabin, 1 Lenna (nice grab but I have her already), 2 Anzelm, 2 Galuf, 1 Cyan and 1 Bedile.

OUCH

Thats some rough luck man im really sorry

OUCH

Thats some rough luck man im really sorry

Yeah, I just feel fortunate knowing I don't really need new units yet.

Current team is Vaan, CoD, Lenna, Amarant and Kefka. I steamroll everything.

Also have a full team of Kain, Luna, Russel and Shantotto so I'll just be TM farming.

Remaining F2P is also easy because I'm a long time player of Brave Frontier, so I know better when it comes to Gumi.

Anyone know if there is ever a reason to have more than 1 full team at a time in the future?

I'm annoyed now and this is why I'll never go beyond F2P with this game. I'm sure 19 pulls should at least get one of those features units, but instead I got 2 Rydia, 3 Kain, 2 Penelo, 2 Fran, 2 Edgar, 1 Sabin, 1 Lenna (nice grab but I have her already), 2 Anzelm, 2 Galuf, 1 Cyan and 1 Bedile.

I don't want to say this but I'm going to.

That is the worst ducking set of pulls I think I've ever seen.

I'm so sorry ; ;

CCIE

Banned
I've been running TMR on and off for awhile. I usually average somewhere between 2-3% a day when I actually do so. Chizuru and Kefka nearing 50%, Bartz around 40%, and my Kains are probably going to finish first since I added them recently and they are up to 35% combine already

Zafir

Wow, that's really awful.

At least when I got shit pulls I did get stuff from the banner(Hello 4 Lenna's and 5 Tellahs). Just not the character I wanted from the banner, lol.
Yeah I meant fucking not ducking.

Ducking autocorrect.
Hah, my phone always does the exact same thing.

So ducking infuriating.

What's your TM % avg looking like? This goes for all u TM farmers out there btw

I feel bad for u bud. Were u at least part of the initial re-roll GAF and have a decent team or have u just been boned on RNGesus' timing?

I've been playing since prerelease. My main team is usually Vaan, CoD, Kefka, Lenna and Amarant. Also have Golbez, Tellah, Xiao, Locke, extra Vaan and extra Lenna.

Also have 5 Luna so I'll eventually get a Barrage TM, a team of Shantotto so I'll eventually get a 30% Magic TM, although with him I'm going to try to get at least two of those. Also a full team of Russel for the Bladeblitz AoE physical attack.

Yeah Im currently running 3 Leos and 2 Lunas

I had Hayate, Cecil and Kefka at 20% but I dont have dupes so Ill get back to them whill I try to boost TMs that will come quicker

Razmos

I'm currently at about 97% or something collectively between my 5 Luna's. So close I can taste it, but I should probably hold out and try and get 2 Barrage's rather than just the one

Valentus

My god, that was an awful luck pal.

Dont worry, luck always spins, in the Tactics banner you will get your revenge, and the guys that get bartz, garlands and zidanes like candy now, will be flooded with penelos and shadows in the real important banners.

Dont be sad, thats the game, but gacha always gives a revenge.

ExVicis

Oh god. Now I feel horrible for getting Locke and two Leos pulling on this banner. :(

Sorry about the horrible luck, hope it changes.

Pbae

Yeah, I just feel fortunate knowing I don't really need new units yet.

Current team is Vaan, CoD, Lenna, Amarant and Kefka. I steamroll everything.

Also have a full team of Kain, Luna, Russel and Shantotto so I'll just be TM farming.

Remaining F2P is also easy because I'm a long time player of Brave Frontier, so I know better when it comes to Gumi.

Anyone know if there is ever a reason to have more than 1 full team at a time in the future?

That's...wow, not even one?!

If you want, I have an alt acct. I started two days ago just for kicks and giggles that has,

-Terra, Celes, 5* CoD, 2x Vaan, Locke, Kuja, Garland, Luna, 2x Penelo, Rydia, Clyne DA GOD, ViViViViViViViViiiiiiiii, 2 Professor Shantotto, Gilbert Gottfried.

This acct hasn't reached Grandshelt Castle yet, and I haven't even started the Mogcake event so you should be able to get the additional 10 tickets for the exchange.

Let me know if you want the acct. You can just PM me a dummy facebook and I'll sign you in.

But yeah, I got pretty hammered last night and convinced myself I was going to pull a Terra and it turned out to be a Rainbow Pull but...RAKSHASA! I was PISSED! Almost wasted all my lapis and broke my phone so it could be worse.

Spent some mog cakes to get event summon ticket #9.

Yup, I spent it.

Got Leo. So after 20 pulls I got an event unit.

Doubt I'll use him over my Amarant though for my tank. I enjoy knowing I have revive if needed and the guy is a beast. Everyone targets him and he always counters too. I hope he gets a 6*.

Lyrian

Yup, I spent it.

Doubt I'll use him over my Amarant though for my tank. I enjoy knowing I have revive if needed and the guy is a beast. Everyone targets him and he always counters too. I hope he gets a 6*.

Wow, that's some truly awful luck or one screwed up RNGenerator.

How awful? Missing anything at all on banner (30% chance) 19 times in a row is statistically a 0.114% chance. That's 1 in 877 odds. Ouch.

And that is why I never pull in large consecutive batches. It is possible that the RNG got stuck in a bad rut (because these RNGs are not truly random) and caused this. Or, you were exceptionally unlucky. Sucks either way :/

Glad you at least got something finally from this banner.

ExVicis

Yup, I spent it.

Well at least his TMR is decent. Glad you got something out of this banner.

Damn man

I really hope you get a large swing in the opposite direction with your pulls

I suppose i should feel lucky that i completed my FF6 roster when i did

As far as pulls on this banner ive only scored 2 Leos and a Celes

Already had Terra and Locke from before but im hoping the dailies snag me a few dupes

Nohar

Hum... How are we supposed to "open" the Mogcake boxes? They are stuck in my Materials tab, and I have absolutely no idea how to add them to my actual Mogcake count.

Razmos

Hum... How are we supposed to "open" the Mogcake boxes? They are stuck in my Materials tab, and I have absolutely no idea how to add them to my actual Mogcake count.
They are automatically added to your count when they are crafted. The boxes are nothing, just there as a trigger

I just crafted a Mogcake box. Those new equipment requires 15-30k Mogcakes. Wow.
So how do you craft Mogcakes?? Oh nvm, I'll just keep crafting these boxes then.

Just hit the 1k steal trophy while grinding for mogcake mats. I did the math and I need about 35 more runs of dwarf fortress before I'm done with mats for this event. At least done enough to get everything I want.

Valentus

Its very good that in JP right now you can summon 28 times. Il star rerolling a few rounds as i wait for baking more cakes for that greedy bastard moogle

scarlet

Finally 😭😭

It took me 9 days

Now I can focus on mogcakes

AqHHab6.jpg

DPPq4pu.jpg

Nohar

Yeeeeah... Nope. I absolutely refuse to participate in this kind of mindless, tasteless and boring grinding. This is a complete waste of time.

Congratulations scarlet though.

*sigh* I'll just delete the app. The game isn't that bad, but I loathe games which rely on grinding, gacha and other unfunny time sinks to keep the player on them (ie. most if not all "F2P" and MMOs). I grew out of this.

Yeeeeah... Nope. I absolutely refuse to participate in this kind of mindless, tasteless and boring grinding. This is a complete waste of time.

Congratulations scarlet though.

*sigh* I'll just delete the app. The game isn't that bad, but I loathe games which rely on grinding, gacha and other unfunny time sinks to keep the player on them (ie. most if not all "F2P" and MMOs). I grew out of this.

but you don't need to grind TM to beat content in this game. Also they should be giving out trust moogle a lot more so just save it for dual wield/dual cast and ur good to go.

Valentus

Congratz scarlet. Its your first TM? Magi Staff is excellent for healers (because that big chunk of SPR that gives you) so its a very good item.

Nohar: Just wait for the real events of Alim. We know when gumi does custom stuff, they fuck it up bad (just look at challenge arena in brave frontier) Or play with a JP account, you can summon 27 times now and its super easy to reroll. In JPBE there is so much things to do right now.

leehom

I'd agree that this game is a grind-fest. They should've made it 200 flour not 300 to make it a tad bit easier on us plebians.

I have to spend at least 20 minutes to clear the exploration once. I have to clear it 4 times in 8 hours to have enough mats to bake four mog cakes.

To get everything I want out of this event, I have to invest at least 4.5 hours of grinding every day. That's not including the extra five days we have to bake the cakes. Not sure how many extra hours I need to farm for that.

scarlet

Congratz scarlet. Its your first TM? Magi Staff is excellent for healers (because that big chunk of SPR that gives you) so its a very good item.

Nohar: Just wait for the real events of Alim. We know when gumi does custom stuff, they fuck it up bad (just look at challenge arena in brave frontier) Or play with a JP account, you can summon 27 times now and its super easy to reroll. In JPBE there is so much things to do right now.

Thanks. Actually it's my 3rd one.

But my 1st two were HP+10 from fusing Rizer x)

NccOnl3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom