• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

YES, the second one is done

My power leveling locke is better now

Now lets harvest some flour

A7s1MxM.jpg

Congrats!

Those Cecil. I want him 😭😭

Lyrian

Grats to everyone on their pulls and TM rewards.

That is absolutely sick, Valentus. Completely disgusting :)

Holy flour, CCIE! I wish I could farm up that much flour so that I don't have to look at DF/Beach anymore.

Got around to installing Nox last night. Maybe I'll poke around with it today if I'm feeling adventurous.

Today's pulls:

Clyne (meh)
Leo (new!)

Leo was the one I was least interested in acquiring, but nice TM there. Still looking for a Locke and a Ceres.

Zafir

How much trust does a trust moogle give anyway?

Considering you can only get one you'd think it would be a decent amount. I don't expect it being massive though since TM grinding is such a chore.

scarlet

Considering you can only get one you'd think it would be a decent amount. I don't expect it being massive though since TM grinding is such a chore.

10%

You save at least 1000 battle or around 5 days

Is it worth it to get either the rare or premium mogcake bundle? Crafting period is longer, but you get more mogcakes, but it requires slightly less ingredients.

I finally got caught up on the story, but I only have the first two Espers. I'm assuming the rest all optional sidequests. Is there a guide on how to get them all?

Lyrian

Adding a pic to Scarlet's post (see TM portion of unit for 10% verification):

vrNb8wGl.png

For now, be happy that TMs are a luxury. If trust moogles were more common and TMs were easily acquirable, they would be considered to the baseline power level for the game (think requiring TMs to clear story mode). The game is nowhere near that kind of power creep yet. Still, it is an odd design choice to enable these ultra-powerful rewards this early in the game's lifespan.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So should i get Lunar Pestle first if i have CoD ? How long will this stay her Top non-TM weapon ?

Zafir

Adding a pic to Scarlet's post (see TM portion of unit for 10% verification):

vrNb8wGl.png

For now, be happy that TMs are a luxury. If trust moogles were more common and TMs were easily acquirable, they would be considered to the baseline power level for the game (think requiring TMs to clear story mode). The game is nowhere near that kind of power creep yet. Still, it is an odd design choice to enable these ultra-powerful rewards this early in the game's lifespan.

Oh indeed.

Just as a perfectionist it rather bugs me it being so tedious to get, hah. :p

Valentus

So should i get Lunar Pestle first if i have CoD ? How long will this stay her Top non-TM weapon ?

Thorned Mace: 78 ATK, Human Slayer + 70% Chance to poison

Where to Find: Defeat Antenora (trial 2-3)

We are now in Trial 2-1 (Intangir) (gumi for some reason didnt give us Trial 1-3 first (Brachiossaur) and just jumps to Intangir), then its Trial 2-2 (Great Demon) and then trial 2-3 (Antenora)

So... 2 months maybe?

Kouriozan

We are now in Trial 2-1 (Intangir) (gumi for some reason didnt give us Trial 1-3 first (Brachiossaur) and just jumps to Intangir), then its Trial 2-2 (Great Demon) and then trial 2-3 (Antenora)

So... 2 months maybe?

Actually trials 2-X are vortex ones while 1-X are in the Farplane, might be why it was confusing.
Japan also got Intangir first then Brachiosaur : https://exviuswiki.com/Update_Schedule

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

So... 2 months maybe?

Thanks man...hmm..tough decision but ill probably go for the Tickets first and if i have enough Cakes left ill get that weapon. CoD with Barrage is awesome, but without a kickass weapon she is lackluster compared to other Phy dmg dealer.

Lyrian

And.... apparently another unspoken "balancing" change between JP and Global has been discovered (I just tested this and verified it as well).

There is anti-LB farming code in the Global version of the game. You can test this by attempting to auto against the Roper/2 wisp boss encounter in Ballen Passage - Entrance - Crossroads in Dirnado. The Roper in this encounter is essentially a Headstone with a massive HP pool, so feel free to beat on it with any non-magic based attacks/limits.

However, after either an unspoken number of rounds (10-12), number of raw LB crystal drops for the encounter, or when the game determines that you are probably trying to farm LBs instead of killing the mob in question, LB crystals simply stop dropping.

Seriously lame.

hitmon

YES, the second one is done

My power leveling locke is better now

Now lets harvest some flour

Congrats Valentus, that is impressive! Are you doing all this grinding manually?

I used another 5 tickets on the JP account and ended up with a Cecil and another Bartz. I'm not sure who I should focus on leveling right now besides the Transform Tina.

Folstern

Got myself Lunar Pestle. And the Megacites helped me max out 2* Ifrit and Ramuh so yay for that. Thank you, you gluttonous moogle.

Congrats Valentus, that is impressive! Are you doing all this grinding manually?

I used another 5 tickets on the JP account and ended up with a Cecil and another Bartz. I'm not sure who I should focus on leveling right now besides the Transform Tina.
I think there's about a 95% chance that if someone is showing off a TMR, it's coming from a macro. U better believe if it was manual that person would make sure to have that noted in the comment

Valentus

Thanks man...hmm..tough decision but ill probably go for the Tickets first and if i have enough Cakes left ill get that weapon. CoD with Barrage is awesome, but without a kickass weapon she is lackluster compared to other Phy dmg dealer.

If its worth, my priority to the cakes is this:

Tickets
Moogle
Star quartz
Shield

Everything else (i will not pick the rabbit foot and the mace)

Iceman829

I picked up the mace and equipped it on my CoD and I'm already seeing the improvement in damage. Now I'm focusing on tickets and some of the other drops.

Also, I couldn't resist a yolo pull because why not. I got a Leo and I'm happy with it. I have no tank units and I'll slowly upgrade him once the event has ended. Right now I'm all about mogcake farming and crystal farming for the espers.

Iceman829

My app is doing that "create an account" screen. I have mine tied to my fb, what's the correct way to restore it?
If you're on android trying clearing your cache for the game. The Facebook button should show up then. Some other people gave me that tip the other day when that happened

Razmos

The amount of flour needed is ridiculous, I have like 10x the amount of other materials than I have flour, and even earth shrine farming overnight is not doing anything.

This event would feel a lot less daunting if they lowered the amount

Yeah i though i had enough to get through the weekend but now im facing having to jump back into explorations again

Flour is a huge pain in the ass right now

Iceman829

I've fallen asleep a few times while I was background farming for flour in dwarves forge. I try to do a few explorations each day to stay stocked up so I can just cover my 3 x3 premium recipes I have running, but it's so boring. I'm going to grind some more since I'm doing a fantasy football draft today and I'll need some time to kill

Zhadgon

So hello again gaffers, been pretty busy with work and stuff but I have been farming like crazy, probably have enough for three days with out the need to get materials, anyway does anyone recommend any place where I can get the facebook rewards? I really want the lapis to upgrade some materials, unit and equipment slots.

.n_n.

Celegus

I've been watching the heroes of the storm NA regional all weekend anyway so it's easy enough to run around the forge collecting flour and not even have to pay attention to it. Sucks that there's just one huge bottleneck and not a way to get just that.

Yeah it's pretty damn clear flour is evil of this event but idk, it still doesn't bother me as much as the Gravity Rod. I mean that was a complete and total RNG based nightmare that you could rarely just blindly tap through. Be it the Demon Herats or the Void Vessels. That seemed like a true grind; at least here you need a ton of flour but it drops frequently.

Ourobolus

Banned
Flour is definitely the bottleneck, but I'm still getting like 350-575 per run of the Forge. I mean it is a bit boring, but each run is usually enough to at least make one Premium Box.

Lyrian

The amount of flour needed is ridiculous, I have like 10x the amount of other materials than I have flour, and even earth shrine farming overnight is not doing anything.

This event would feel a lot less daunting if they lowered the amount

Well, part of the issue here is player expectations towards crafting (not you, talking about the playerbase as a whole) in this event.

A major issue is the "kid in the candy shop" dilemma. If a player wants to pick and choose 1, maybe 2 major items from the prize list, that can be done in the 2-3 week window well enough. But, the problem is that **all** (well, mostly all to be honest) of the prizes are attractive, and thus the desire to win them all.

That decision alone increases the workload for a player many times over. Sure, targeting a 25k cake prize is easy enough. But... the total for most players is probably in the 150k-200k range (and some even more).

Whose fault is that? Gumi, for placing an attractive buffet before players, or the players who want to impulsively gorge themselves at the buffet without considering the consequences of their actions?

Valonquar

Got gold trophies for crafting finished up! and 2 days, 2 1/2 price Clynes MEH

Zidane ate the trust moogle and is up to 70% now. SOOOON.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If this is bothering you, you're not going to be cut out for this game when any real wall hits. This event is probably when one of the best grinds I've experience in a RPG, with how efficient it is. You're grinding rank, levels, Limit breaks, Hero Mats, trusts, and any sort of other material you need. While the event on top of it.

Nor are you forced to do this event to progress either. There is no content required for this event.

Nor do you need to grind constantly and you can also make Macros to do the majority of the work.

There is a lot of effective means you should be picking up and learning now. Priorities, clever strategies, proper time management, etc.

scarlet

If this is bothering you, you're not going to be cut out for this game when any real wall hits. This event is probably when one of the best grinds I've experience in a RPG, with how efficient it is. You're grinding rank, levels, Limit breaks, Hero Mats, trusts, and any sort of other material you need. While the event on top of it.

Nor are you forced to do this event to progress either. There is no content required for this event.

Nor do you need to grind constantly and you can also make Macros to do the majority of the work.

There is a lot of effective means you should be picking up and learning now. Priorities, clever strategies, proper time management, etc.

Grinding in exploration only count as 1 battle. Not a great place for TM farming

Grinding in exploration only count as 1 battle. Not a great place for TM farming

TM farming has been getting me around 400-600 flour overnight so its not too bad

just need to make sure you are still running 3-5 explorations a day to keep the stock in the right place over the next week

Lyrian

Made it to Dirnado. Gonna quest or explore everywhere for flour. Just hitting a couple of the first areas already yield 100 flour. Nice.

The exploration for the opening beach zone in Dirnado pays a significant tier of flour above Kolobos Isle or earlier. As a benefit, the beach is a very easy exploration with very minimal chance of losing by autoing. Dwarven Forge is three dungeons after the beach and pays out more flour, but its considerably more difficult. Grenades there can cause accidental wipes if a player is not careful (or running ridiculously OP units).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom