• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomarTyme

The exploration for the opening beach zone in Dirnado pays a significant tier of flour above Kolobos Isle or earlier. As a benefit, the beach is a very easy exploration with very minimal chance of losing by autoing. Dwarven Forge is three dungeons after the beach and pays out more flour, but its considerably more difficult. Grenades there can cause accidental wipes if a player is not careful (or running ridiculously OP units).

Yeah I 've doing the forge and yes the Grenades has kill a couple of my units after a complete auto run. I bring my strongest yet and couple of units for leveling up.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The exploration for the opening beach zone in Dirnado pays a significant tier of flour above Kolobos Isle or earlier. As a benefit, the beach is a very easy exploration with very minimal chance of losing by autoing. Dwarven Forge is three dungeons after the beach and pays out more flour, but its considerably more difficult. Grenades there can cause accidental wipes if a player is not careful (or running ridiculously OP units).

I feel like people are doing Dwarven Forge wrong. Rather than using a Locke. Take a, Celes, Kefka, Golbez, Tellah, or ExDeath. Get a friend with another of the following. And just chain Frost every encounter. Then take your Lockes with them or just level up other characters.

Create a macro for selecting the frost spells and create a macro for repeated movement. I've been working on getting two to run in union. You're doing no more work than an auto run. Instead of hitting Auto, I just hit my Macro 1 and 2.

Lyrian

Yeah I 've doing the forge and yes the Grenades has kill a couple of my units after a complete auto run. I bring my strongest yet and couple of units for leveling up.

I have to pay semi-attention to the fights in DF.

If no grenades spawn, then auto.
If a lone grenade spawns in an encounter, target it first and then auto.
If 2 or 3 spawn, then you pretty much have to Blizzara/ga the encounter or you risk losing party members.

Lyrian

I feel like people are doing Dwarven Forge wrong. Rather than using a Locke. Take a, Celes, Kefka, Golbez, Tellah, or ExDeath. Get a friend with another of the following. And just chain Frost every encounter. Then take your Lockes with them or just level up other characters.

Create a macro for selecting the frost spells and create a macro for repeated movement. I've been working on getting two to run in union. You're doing no more work than an auto run. Instead of hitting Auto, I just hit my Macro 1 and 2.

Some people actually play the game instead of macroing everything on Nox, you know :)

Grinding TMs are one thing, but macroing explorations? C'mon man....

For the record, I do that (manually), depending on how much attention I need to devote to the game at a given point in time. If I'm barely engaged (because I need to be doing other things of priority), then I will mostly auto, with the caveats in the previous post. If I'm paying at least half-attention, then I'll chain ice spells throughout the dungeon.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Some people actually play the game instead of macroing everything on Nox, you know :)

Grinding TMs are one thing, but macroing explorations? C'mon man....

I think it's more fun to work on a macro and soon to be scripts for running it. Rather than just hitting auto. :p

I love me some explorations

But the nice thing about this game is having various activities to work on to break things up

When an event pigeon holes you into doing one thing too long it gets rough

This event is better than most since it allows you to get materials from a bunch of places but lets be honest

Most of us are compelled to shoot for all of them goodies :(

Hence the bitching lol

scarlet

Got 2 hero's rings while doing this event.

I'm really burned out, but I have too much energy to spend. Don't wanna waste it

Azuran

Banned

I'm really burned out, but I have too much energy to spend. Don't wanna waste it

Energy is pointless in this game. The explorations take so long if you do a full run that you're almost back to full by the time you're done.

I always do a couple of explorations then I TM farm the rest of it.

Lyrian

I think it's more fun to work on a macro and soon to be scripts for running it. Rather than just hitting auto. :p

Auto works well when you are LB farming though...

DrROBschiz said:
I love me some explorations

But the nice thing about this game is having various activities to work on to break things up

When an event pigeon holes you into doing one thing too long it gets rough

This event is better than most since it allows you to get materials from a bunch of places but lets be honest

Most of us are compelled to shoot for all of them goodies :(

Hence the bitching lol

QFT.

scarlet said:

Azuran said:
Energy is pointless in this game. The explorations take so long if you do a full run that you're almost back to full by the time you're done.

I always do a couple of explorations then I TM farm the rest of it.

Seriously. At some point, when I am just too tired to care about another lap of the Beach or DF, I've been dumping my energy into awakening vortex in the hopes of sacred crystals. I know I'll need them sooner or later, and at times looking at an empty energy bar is nice because then I can put the damn phone down for at least a few minutes.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Still working my way through the story but effed around with summons and tickets and got Locke, Garland, and Fran. Pretty good team IMO

scarlet

My flour stucked at 4200. I did 2 exploration and got around 900 in total, but it didn't add to my total flour 💀💀

creid

The producer of the global version is at PAX, so I asked about DQ and Mana events. Mana they are planning on doing at some point. They haven't yet decided on DQ since DQ games haven't been released worldwide (?). He said it's actually a collab with DQ Super Light, and since DQ Super Light hasn't been released outside of Asia they weren't sure about doing it. I'll post up a bit more when I get home.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Auto works well when you are LB farming though...

In the Macro. I have it set up in the following pattern.

Kefka 1 -> Select Blizzara
Kefka 2 -> Select Blizzara
Auto

The only ones not auto-ing are those two. So my Leanna and Cecil are building up their LB.
I'm seeing if I can combine multiple macros to allow that move above, with every 7th being just a pure auto. To use Kefka's LB.

But right now, I have it down to 2 button, which makes farming fairly effective rather than having to pay attention to it through Marcos. I've also got the first section of Maranda done on a custom script for inputs. And a completely, but still fairly buggy Macro input for the entire section. Reminded me of Goof Troop as a kid, where I had to base my movements on a full line.

To me, learning to code and puzzle solve effectively is far more fun than mindlessly grinding. I also read, watch movies, and do work while doing it ^_^

On the game, I've resorted my priorities a bit. I don't think I'll go after the Pestle as mentioned earlier. If I had CoD, I could see myself using it. As of now, my DPS are Garnet, Bratz, ChizzyChan, and Artemos. I have 3 Kains so a Gungair won't take long. An Exaculibur 50% of the way done, Marasume and The Enhancer already. Even if I got a CoD. I'm in no rush to get him up since my tank can take my Enhance, Bartz with Exaculibur and Gungair with Dual Wield, Chizzy with Marasume + Double Hand and Blade Mastery. But I'm also sitting on two Lockes right now, so worst comes to worst. I;ll start to work on one after I finish up my current batch.

Good news is, not going after the Pestle means I'll have to grind only 25k more Flour since I have a reserve of 9k. Averaging 300 per Run, means only 83 more runs! So only 8 runs a day if I want to.... Hmmm. Q_Q

Lyrian

In the Macro. I have it set up in the following pattern.

Kefka 1 -> Select Blizzara
Kefka 2 -> Select Blizzara
Auto

The only ones not auto-ing are those two. So my Leanna and Cecil are building up their LB.
I'm seeing if I can combine multiple macros to allow that move above, with every 7th being just a pure auto. To use Kefka's LB.

But right now, I have it down to 2 button, which makes farming fairly effective rather than having to pay attention to it through Marcos. I've also got the first section of Maranda done on a custom script for inputs. And a completely, but still fairly buggy Macro input for the entire section. Reminded me of Goof Troop as a kid, where I had to base my movements on a full line.

To me, learning to code and puzzle solve effectively is far more fun than mindlessly grinding. I also read, watch movies, and do work while doing it ^_^

On the game, I've resorted my priorities a bit. I don't think I'll go after the Pestle as mentioned earlier. If I had CoD, I could see myself using it. As of now, my DPS are Garnet, Bratz, ChizzyChan, and Artemos. I have 3 Kains so a Gungair won't take long. An Exaculibur 50% of the way done, Marasume and The Enhancer already. Even if I got a CoD. I'm in no rush to get him up since my tank can take my Enhance, Bartz with Exaculibur and Gungair with Dual Wield, Chizzy with Marasume + Double Hand and Blade Mastery. But I'm also sitting on two Lockes right now, so worst comes to worst. I;ll start to work on one after I finish up my current batch.

Good news is, not going after the Pestle means I'll have to grind only 25k more Flour since I have a reserve of 9k. Averaging 300 per Run, means only 83 more runs! So only 8 runs a day if I want to.... Hmmm. Q_Q

Well, much respect for pulling off those macros. I am quite sure it is paying dividends for you.

I like to actually tinker with mechanics, which requires a hands-on approach (even if it conflicts with other activities). Macroing or other automation processes, tends to conflict with that goal. I only conceded maybe 2 days ago to actually turning on Auto LB in fights, as running auto results in a loss of control (not so useful when collecting data). Yet, like everyone else, real life stuff needs to get done so auto is kind of a semi mandatory requirement for this event.

Still, grats on the milestone achievements with your macros. :)

Celegus

The producer of the global version is at PAX, so I asked about DQ and Mana events. Mana they are planning on doing at some point. They haven't yet decided on DQ since DQ games haven't been released worldwide (?). He said it's actually a collab with DQ Super Light, and since DQ Super Light hasn't been released outside of Asia they weren't sure about doing it. I'll post up a bit more when I get home.

Would love if DQ came to the west, I love that series way more than SoM.

Lyrian

Bad news, everyone.

Over on Reddit, the sane-ish portion of the forum is discussing an interesting piece of information from Gumi about Locke.

Locke does **not** add drops to chests. Rather, Treasure Hunter works to "upgrade" the rarity level of a mob's drops from its loot table. In other words, instead of rolling 1* trash drops, Locke's skill increases the odds of the 2*, 3*, or higher drop occuring (should the mob in question have higher rarity drops). Gumi did confirm that multiple Lockes do stack, but explicit percentages were not given.

Thus, Locke does not generate additional flour on exploration runs. Sorry, everyone :/

scarlet

Bad news, everyone.

Over on Reddit, the sane-ish portion of the forum is discussing an interesting piece of information from Gumi about Locke.

Locke does **not** add drops to chests. Rather, Treasure Hunter works to "upgrade" the rarity level of a mob's drops from its loot table. In other words, instead of rolling 1* trash drops, Locke's skill increases the odds of the 2*, 3*, or higher drop occuring (should the mob in question have higher rarity drops). Gumi did confirm that multiple Lockes do stack, but explicit percentages were not given.

Thus, Locke does not generate additional flour on exploration runs. Sorry, everyone :/

Yup. I can confirmed this. Using Locke or not the marshmallow monster in Forge still giving extra items.

bonkeng

Bad news, everyone.

I noticed this myself yesterday. I keep getting 150-300 flour per run at Maranda with Locke. Without Locke, i get 400-575 per run.

Azuran

Banned
Bad news, everyone.

So basically it works the same way it does in FFXI.

The funniest part is that 15 years later, people are still not completely sure how it actually works and it seems SE will never share that information.

Anyways, I'm glad Locke is not needed. I can now add someone that can actually kill stuff in one hit to make the farming even faster.

KeRaSh

Two and a half week vacation starts now. Left my work phone with BE at home. What will I do without my daily half price Lani pulls? I no longer have to craft fucking Mog Cakes every 15 minutes. My life has no meaning anymore...

HAHAHAHA! I'M FREE! I'M FINALLY FREE!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Two and a half week vacation starts now. Left my work phone with BE at home. What will I do without my daily half price Lani pulls? I no longer have to craft fucking Mog Cakes every 15 minutes. My life has no meaning anymore...

HAHAHAHA! I'M FREE! I'M FINALLY FREE!

Good - did the same, no time for Gacha and time limits while im relaxing on vacation lol.
Have Fun - the grind will still be here once you come back !!
If its worth, my priority to the cakes is this:

Tickets
Moogle
Star quartz
Shield

Everything else (i will not pick the rabbit foot and the mace)

Thank you Sir - i will follow your lead. Tickets and Moogle first.

About Star Quartz,...i dont think i have ever used them for a purchase before - are we expecting some new more interesting gear from the Fat Chocobo soon ? This will decide if its worth the cost for me...otherwise ill try to go for the Mace or Shield instead.

CCIE

Banned
Remember, you have days after the event to finish baking. I've farmed everything I need for tickets,TM,shield,pestle,megacite (don't need red because of forge),Quartz,scream root, and a little extra (probably gigantaurs from what is left. Don't have Cecil so can't be bothered with pots.

Just baking away - got 2/3 of tickets and pestle so far. Buy the shield soon, TM, then the rest of the tickets and it's all downhill from there. Bought the pestle because I can tangibly use it now, and even most mages can do so. Care less about how long it lasts...

Zafir

Bad news, everyone.

Yeah I saw people were discussing it the other dya, and it finally got confirmed by a CS rep.

I've still been using him because, well, I might as well. I can auto everything regardless.

Kettch

Well, my half price pulls started off well. I got Celes and Locke the first two days.

Last two days I've gotten 4* Shadow and 4* Bedile. :/

Think I might just call it there, even though I'd like to get Terra.

Another Terra >.<

That's disappointing about Locke. I suppose he really is useless in his own special way lol

Like Valentus said, it is worthwhile to snatch up the star quartz from the Mog King as well for later, fat chocobo rewards!

Rixa

Yesterday Vivi 4* today Shantotto 3*. Sofar no units from Banner. First pull from this banner was Roselia tho, hopefully she will get 6* at some point.

Chinner

Banned
Pulled a 3* Bartz.

I already have a maxed 5* Bartz in my team. Was tempted to merge them, but as I need another dps unit I'm going to have him in my main team too.

This really helps my team, although I am a little disappointed.... Just wanted more variety..

Daily with 4 Star Krile!

Thats crazy about Locke. Explains why i am swimming in heaven ash and earth cores

Hmm so now that we know how he actually works I wonder what applications his ability will actually be useful in

I imagine there will be content and a events that focus on high rarity drops?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So all the Locke's was a fool's game. LOL.

Much excite, new banner.

My guess is it being the fan favorites for a week or two, Followed by new characters after.

Eidjinn

Youbguys are overselling the grenade threat

Just manually take them out one at a time

They never blow up at full health

This strategy works!

I got 2... and find quite nice to be farming flour and coincidentally farming for rings.

Man... only farm for mega crysts of whatever sucks... but when you have a good weapon or free units... the feeling improves a lot!

3 half pulls so far: 2 Celes and one Terra,,, and I wanted 2 Lockes and 2 Leos... damm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom