• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

Pulled a 3* Bartz.

I already have a maxed 5* Bartz in my team. Was tempted to merge them, but as I need another dps unit I'm going to have him in my main team too.

This really helps my team, although I am a little disappointed.... Just wanted more variety..

You do know that merging great units is kinda bad way to go. They add only 5% tm. Depending how much you sacrifice nrg & time its like 2-5 days tm work. Dont ever merge good unit to other unit for that lousy 5% tm.

Chinner

Banned
You do know that merging great units is kinda bad way to go. They add only 5% tm. Depending how much you sacrifice nrg & time its like 2-5 days tm work. Dont ever merge good unit to other unit for that lousy 5% tm.
Oh yeah, I know. As I said, I'm just gonna have a double Buttz team as dps is currently one of my team let downs. Obviously isn't worth the 5% boost it gives!

CCIE

Banned
I use Locke for the Megacrysts - farm them at the same time as working on flour. He's also still great for sacred crystals from what I've seen

Zafir

I use Locke for the Megacrysts - farm them at the same time as working on flour. He's also still great for sacred crystals from what I've seen

There's been some debate of whether it actually helps you get Sacred Crystals as well. Since they're on a separate loot table, just like the mogcakes/mats.

bonkeng

tCdy6ei.png

3* Cecil LB maxxed, now he can wake up to 4* LB grinding.

No LB pots used or claimed yet.

Valus

Daily pulls for me so far have been:

Sabin
Cyan
Anzelm

And finally today...CoD! Not a fan of the character at all but good to have her in my back pocket should I need another Barrager in my lineup.

No banner characters yet. I'm gonna keep doing the daily pulls until Thursday and then maybe drop ten tickets or so chasing Leo, Terra, and Locke. Really want them :(

Lyrian

I use Locke for the Megacrysts - farm them at the same time as working on flour.

{Editted out line as it was proven as factually incorrect by Gumi}

LOL at Gumi announcing global server rewards by inducing extreme obesity for King Mog. The rewards are not spectacular, by any means, but a nice bonus I suppose (top prize is a single summon ticket).

To date, Global has fed King Mog ~850 million cakes in the 4 days the event has been running. (Note: for the purposes of this contest, cakes created after the mats stop dropping do not count.)

Grats bonkeng on the LB10 Cecil! I'm starting to feel reasonably confident that my Rydia will reach LB10 as well by the end of the event (although she may need those pots to get there because I am currently not actively macroing TMs)

Daily Pulls:

Krille (meh)
Terra (dupe, but yay for making Ultima a bit more reasonable to obtain)

ExVicis

Daily Pull was another Luna. So that's a two possible Barrages coming my way!

Finally got 30,000 Mogcakes and I'm wondering if I want to get the Trust Moogle now or if I should just grab the Pestle instead. Or maybe I should just not buy anything and just save it all up for later and buy everything all at once.

Kouriozan

Next week will be Kefka +
Trance
Terra +
Setzer + Gau
and everyone will freak out.
It's not happening but the reactions would be glorious x)

tuffymon

Locke will just shine when we have units that can evolve to 6 star right? It looked like different mats that we don't have access to yet.

Daily pulls for me so far have been:

Sabin
Cyan
Anzelm

And finally today...CoD! Not a fan of the character at all but good to have her in my back pocket should I need another Barrager in my lineup.

No banner characters yet. I'm gonna keep doing the daily pulls until Thursday and then maybe drop ten tickets or so chasing Leo, Terra, and Locke. Really want them :(

God damnit I need her!!

You can have one of my Terras >.>

Has the new banner been announced?

Vashetti

Banned
I'm not pulling for a while, none of the units interest me, think I'm going to save my lapis for a while.

Tidus for English territories when?!

SeanTSC

So, instead of rerolling like people yelled at me to, I just kept going. >< Didn't get anything good for a while, then a couple days ago I did a 10 at once draw since I hadn't used any of my Lapis. Managed to pull a 5 Star Warrior of Light and a 5 Star Garnet, so I've been pretty happy.

Currently using a 5 Star Warrior of Light/Garnet and 4 Star Tellah/Xiao/Krile.

I've also got 4 Star Bedile, Miyuki, Maria, Kain, Fran, Clyne, and Galuf. And 3 Star Sabin, Edgar, Rydia, Cyan, Anzelm, Luna, Russell, Gilbert, Lani, and Shantotto.

Celegus

Nah the coast is a pain in the ass with all the twists and turns and caves and shit. You can make nice little circuits on the forge, jolly good.

There are super easy horizontal sections in both areas of the beach, just swipe left and run all the way to one side, then swipe right and go back. Feels like hatching eggs in a Pokemon game. No area transitions or anything funny, just straight back and forth.

There are super easy horizontal sections in both areas of the beach, just swipe left and run all the way to one side, then swipe right and go back. Feels like hatching eggs in a Pokemon game. No area transitions or anything funny, just straight back and forth.

WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST DWARVES OMG

Valus

There's two spots in forge like that as well but it's vertical swipes instead of horizontal. As far as grinding goes I think it doesn't matter which place you pick. The only real differences are:

Forge has fire megas and Grenades so you have to micro manage the game slightly more to avoid self destructs

Coast has ice megas

That's it!

Celegus

Yeah Forge is the last area so far. I keep switching back and forth depending on which megacrysts I need. Got a few more hero rings with the event, so that's a bonus.

Lyrian

More bad news about Locke, per Gumi CS.

Treasure hunter **only** affects primary chest drops (not bonus drops like cake components or crystals in Awakening vortex). It does NOT affect collection nodes nor stealing attempts.

Therefore, the only useful application is when a mob naturally has a rare and valuable drop on its primary loot table (aka the sacred crystal drop on Chimera in PF) and increases the chance of it dropping by 50% per Locke; chance modifier is additive per Locke.

Ex: Assume the Chimera has a 5% chance to drop the sacred crystal per run. One Locke increases the drop rate to 7.5% (5% *(1+50%)), 2 Lockes to 10% (5% *(1 + 50% +50%)), and so on.

Thus, bringing Locke to the Beach and DF is absolutely pointless, as no mobs in either zone can drop rare materials.

Now, data on bringing 6 Lockes to PF for sacred crystals might actually be interesting to read...

Pejo

Locke news is a major bummer, as he's one of my favorite FF characters, and I thought he had a niche even without a 6* form, and with awful abilities. Guess not.

Also, this event is slowly killing me. At first I loved it, but man this is more demanding than my real job, getting these 4 synths going every 8 hours.

Is there any story dungeon that's pretty good with dropping flour that I can just spam instead of doing exploration? I think i'm carving paths into the screen on my phone by dragging my finger around hitting encounters. It's really not fun and it's very time consuming.

desverger

Locke news is a major bummer, as he's one of my favorite FF characters, and I thought he had a niche even without a 6* form, and with awful abilities. Guess not.

Also, this event is slowly killing me. At first I loved it, but man this is more demanding than my real job, getting these 4 synths going every 8 hours.

Is there any story dungeon that's pretty good with dropping flour that I can just spam instead of doing exploration? I think i'm carving paths into the screen on my phone by dragging my finger around hitting encounters. It's really not fun and it's very time consuming.

I just do two full explorations per day and the rest of the stamina (outside of dailies) I spend on story stages, usually second to last stage of the dwarven forge. Keeps me going with 3 slots. The flour drops from story stages are pretty random, but you can get over 100 flour with just one story stage in the forge, if you're lucky.

Also, there's still over a week to go to gather materials. Having 4 full crafting slots all the time is probably overkill :p

Ristlager

Is the Lunar Pestle worth the 30 000 mog cakes? I have no interesse in farming TMs, so the rod seems like the obvious choice.. up to 20 000 mog cakes now.

Broseybrose

I just added 10 slots to my friends list and am trying to get only daily gaffers. Add me plz!

Right now I have a lvl 59 (soon to be 5*) Locke as my companion. Also have 4* max lvl Tellah, Artemios, Leo, Terra, and Lenna

Lyrian

Man... They just straight up dicked one of my alltime favorite characters

Give Locke a Buff please

Not necessarily.

Depends on the context in which encounters are scripted.

If event drops will be second chest drops in the future, then yes.

If event drops are rare spawns in the future (like hearts from the Hell Rider on INT difficulty), then Locke(s) still have value.

Valentus

Good - did the same, no time for Gacha and time limits while im relaxing on vacation lol.
Have Fun - the grind will still be here once you come back !!

Thank you Sir - i will follow your lead. Tickets and Moogle first.

About Star Quartz,...i dont think i have ever used them for a purchase before - are we expecting some new more interesting gear from the Fat Chocobo soon ? This will decide if its worth the cost for me...otherwise ill try to go for the Mace or Shield instead.

Dont use it now.

In the 4th island i think theres another fat chocobo that gives you earrings (+3 def +20% MAG) for 50 star quartz

And then in future towns you can buy:

Trust moogles for 300 SQ (in JP there are 3 fat chocobos with 1 trust moogle each)
Man-Eater Materia for 200 SQ
Equip Rod Materia for 100 SQ
Force Shield for 50 SQ (heavy shield, 40 def, 8 SPR, +10% resist to fire ice lightning)
Holy Lance for 100 SQ (Lance, 82 Atk, holy element)
Cat Ear Hood for 100 SQ (hat, 25 MAG/SPR, +20% resist fire ice lightning)
Auto Refresh Materia for 200 SQ (+5% MP refill each turn)

So, everyone that dont plan to buy star quartz, you will regret it later.

Lyrian

Is the Lunar Pestle worth the 30 000 mog cakes? I have no interesse in farming TMs, so the rod seems like the obvious choice.. up to 20 000 mog cakes now.

-- Short answer:

Do you have a character than can use maces? Do you have access to a mace with more than 60 ATK? (If not TM farming, then no you do not). Would you want a 60 ATK weapon for a character in the future?

If any of these are true, then the answer is "yes".

-- Pointless random answer because I am moderately bored:

The Pestle is priced at 30,000 cakes. Cakes can be sold for 50 gil per. That would mean that the vendor price for the pestle is 1.5 million gil.

Would you rather have a nice and shiny blunt weapon or 1.5 million gil?

Hmm... Feeling less happy about the Locke I got a week ago now that I know his ability is sorta useless

Not entirely

Its just that this event has bonus drops that arent effected by his skill

He still snags you more rare normal materials.. Which may become a hot commodity when 6 star characters hit....

I dunno. Im already swimming in all the rare mats from using him this long.

I hope he stays relevant

Broseybrose

For new page:

I just spent 200 lapis to get 10 more friend slots. Im a daily gifter as well. Add me gaffers!

Right now I have a 4* max lvl Locke as my companion. Also have 4* max lvl Tellah, Artemios, Leo, Terra, Lenna, and more - plus Rain Laswell and FIna. Im about to go on an awakening spree!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom