• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

And this is what we call a slow news night. I can hear the crickets in here.

Kicked out a couple slackers off my friends list, because I was slacking myself in maintaining the list.

826 124 838, if not already on my friends list. Tend to keep Artemios up for barrage and killer goodness, as most players tend not to put one of him up for friend use.

chrono01

For new page:

I just spent 200 lapis to get 10 more friend slots. Im a daily gifter as well. Add me gaffers!

Right now I have a 4* max lvl Locke as my companion. Also have 4* max lvl Tellah, Artemios, Leo, Terra, Lenna, and more - plus Rain Laswell and FIna. Im about to go on an awakening spree!

And this is what we call a slow news night. I can hear the crickets in here.

Kicked out a couple slackers off my friends list, because I was slacking myself in maintaining the list.

826 124 838, if not already on my friends list. Tend to keep Artemios up for barrage and killer goodness, as most players tend not to put one of him up for friend use.
Added you both!

Lyrian

This must be what a baker feels like, like the life one who bakes.

Constantly horrified and worried about how much flour they have.

Indeed. I've developed the very bad habit of routinely checking to see if I am generating more flour than I am spending each crafting cycle :/

Demacabre said:
I am not leaving the Miranda Coast hunting for flour during this event, am I? Four slots all making premiums.

As someone who is also running all four slots, I can tell you concretely that running Miranda only will almost never allow you to reach terminal velocity and escape the beach. Only way to generate surpluses each crafting cycle for sure is to be running Dwarven Forge.

I tend to mix the two to try to avoid staleness as much as possible, but I generally can only hope to break even per cycle running only Miranda (although it is a much, much easier [and mindless] zone to run than the Forge).

bonkeng

I take back what i said about the Forge.

Easy to macro-farm.

Manually, I'd still prefer Coast.

Macro, Forge is better because it drops more flour.

Got enough for two more Hero Rings in my runs to get a surplus of supplies for cakes. Got up to 4k flour but I feel that if I slack off and stop running I will run out quickly since I am running 4 premiums which takes 1,200 flour. Forge just started to get light with the flour so I'm switching to Maranda to see if that starts giving me more

Rixa

Dont use it now.

In the 4th island i think theres another fat chocobo that gives you earrings (+3 def +20% MAG) for 50 star quartz

And then in future towns you can buy:

Trust moogles for 300 SQ (in JP there are 3 fat chocobos with 1 trust moogle each)
Man-Eater Materia for 200 SQ
Equip Rod Materia for 100 SQ
Force Shield for 50 SQ (heavy shield, 40 def, 8 SPR, +10% resist to fire ice lightning)
Holy Lance for 100 SQ (Lance, 82 Atk, holy element)
Cat Ear Hood for 100 SQ (hat, 25 MAG/SPR, +20% resist fire ice lightning)
Auto Refresh Materia for 200 SQ (+5% MP refill each turn)

So, everyone that dont plan to buy star quartz, you will regret it later.

Buy your Star Quartz fellow players.

(My daily was crap again: Anzelm, useless TM is now 20%).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dont use it now.

In the 4th island i think theres another fat chocobo that gives you earrings (+3 def +20% MAG) for 50 star quartz

And then in future towns you can buy:

Trust moogles for 300 SQ (in JP there are 3 fat chocobos with 1 trust moogle each)
Man-Eater Materia for 200 SQ
Equip Rod Materia for 100 SQ
Force Shield for 50 SQ (heavy shield, 40 def, 8 SPR, +10% resist to fire ice lightning)
Holy Lance for 100 SQ (Lance, 82 Atk, holy element)
Cat Ear Hood for 100 SQ (hat, 25 MAG/SPR, +20% resist fire ice lightning)
Auto Refresh Materia for 200 SQ (+5% MP refill each turn)

So, everyone that dont plan to buy star quartz, you will regret it later.

Thanks - looks like we are getting some essential upgrades down the line. Guess you really wanna get as much SQ as possible. Glad i didnt waste them yet.

As nice as the sprites are, all of your attacks are essentially covered up by flashing numbers and text, as you're encouraged to attack all at once. : /

As nice as the sprites are, all of your attacks are essentially covered up by flashing numbers and text, as you're encouraged to attack all at once. : /

Yeah i share that small pet peve

Would be cool if a game like this had adopted an ATB system (which would be easy to implement) but they would have to rethink everything with mobile time investment in mind.....

Lololol

Zafir

Whenever I make a mog cake box now, it's telling me I have x999 mogcakes and it doesn't seem to be going up. Is that normal?

The UI on the crafting screen doesn't seem to display over 999. Be it the mats required for mogcakes, or the mogcakes themselves after you've crafted them.

If you go to the shop you'll find you do have the right amount.

Vashetti

Banned
The UI on the crafting screen doesn't seem to display over 999. Be it the mats required for mogcakes, or the mogcakes themselves after you've crafted them.

If you go to the shop you'll find you do have the right amount.

That's what I thought, thanks :)

H3xum

I was gone for the holiday weekend so I haven't had a chance to check this thread much. Have a question about 30k mace from the mogcake event....

Who is it meant for? Is it for a mage? I don't have a CoD and my Bartz has the Energizer or whatever.

I don't know if I want to buy it....

bonkeng

I was gone for the holiday weekend so I haven't had a chance to check this thread much. Have a question about 30k mace from the mogcake event....

Who is it meant for? Is it for a mage? I don't have a CoD and my Bartz has the Energizer or whatever.

I don't know if I want to buy it....

It's best suited for CoD since she's equipment-limited.

If you have many dps units who can equip a wide range of weapons like Bartz and Firion, it's a good idea to get it.

If you're contemplating, get the tickets first.

H3xum

It's best suited for CoD since she's equipment-limited.

If you have many dps units who can equip a wide range of weapons like Bartz and Firion, it's a good idea to get it.

If you're contemplating, get the tickets first.

Yeah I think I am just going to do the trust moogle + tickets + quartz first and see how much I have left. Leave the equipment for last if I want em

Valentus

Tickets, Moogle and Quartz Done.

I hope tomorrow have enough cakes for the shield and i will have everything worth.

Fucking king moogle, i hope diabetes kills you slowly.

Zafir

I've managed to get the tickets and the moogle done.

Slowly getting more and more sick of those explorations though. :D

No banner announcement so far, or is it tomorrow?

Add screamroot to your list.
Screamroots is only for magic keys right? Cause after getting all the keys from those bundles summer bundles and screamroots from a few minitaurs I still have a bunch of keys.

Only chest I have opened so far is Mag 10% so for me idk if screamroots is even anywhere on the priority list

H3xum

Is there some solid Mythril equips coming down the line? Because I have 3 slots of Mythril ore and it is clogging me up. I am thinking of selling some

Is there some solid Mythril equips coming down the line? Because I have 3 slots of Mythril ore and it is clogging me up. I am thinking of selling some

Yeah I have so much material and very little to use it on lol

Im ready for some grindy crafts that use all these mats ive stockpiled

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Still new to this but finally figuring things out.

NOT a fan of using the awakening vortex for materials on my 3*+ units. But what other choice do I have?

Valonquar

Putting "Daily Gifter" in your flavor text seems pointless to me. Everyone gifts... it's linked to a trophy and we need every easy trophy we can get.

Putting "Daily Gifter" in your flavor text seems pointless to me. Everyone gifts... it's linked to a trophy and we need every easy trophy we can get.

That and like half the people on my list that had that are people i removed because they hadn't played in like a week or more

Adeptrain

Relatively new to the game and I powered through the content to get to miranda coast and oh my, the difference it makes in flour...ㅠㅠ

Seriously, seeing some of the fights in the exploration giving me 50 flour is beautiful!

Im hoping to get 5 dupes of any great unit I can

Anything i can do to limit TM farming the better

Hitting 16% is much easier on my brain lol

scarlet

Im hoping to get 5 dupes of any great unit I can

Anything i can do to limit TM farming the better

Hitting 16% is much easier on my brain lol

I don't think I can do a 50 days of grinding with a single unit.

At this point I don't mind having dupes
with great TMs.

It seems the new Banner announcement is tomorrow. Hopefully it's new unit or FF IV. I want Cecil and excalibur.

Lyrian

Struck out today:

-- Penelo
-- Gold Sabin

Added as many gaffers as I could. One person is still on the waiting list through a random roll (Lyfe), and will be added as soon as I am able to punt someone off the list. Stupid artificially low 130 friend limit :/

Struck out today:

-- Penelo
-- Gold Sabin

Added as many gaffers as I could. One person is still on the waiting list through a random roll (Lyfe), and will be added as soon as I am able to punt someone off the list. Stupid artificially low 130 friend limit :/

Better than be... yet another Shadow.

I swear I will get enough for his TM.

I have two General Leos now -- people in here saying it is better to NOT fuse them, correct?

Nope

Decide how many shields you want and focus on farming TM with dupes

If you only want 1 copy of each TM then get as many as 5 dupes if you can

Easiest way to go. Getting units to 16% with nox is relatively painless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom