• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Right. Put them both in a party and train them alongside one another

That makes sense! But I don't know why I'd want two of the same thing?

Nope

Decide how many shields you want and focus on farming TM with dupes

If you only want 1 copy of each TM then get as many as 5 dupes if you can

Easiest way to go. Getting units to 16% with nox is relatively painless

This doesn't make sense to me yet:
-- What's TM?
-- 16% what?
-- Nox?

Apologies for the noobery, which I'm sure I'll cringe at later. Thanks for the help.

Azuran

Banned
Woo daily pull Locke! I only wanted him because I want his TM for Cloud of Darkness (pls :_;)

That makes sense! But I don't know why I'd want two of the same thing?

This doesn't make sense to me yet:
-- What's TM?
-- 16% what?
-- Nox?

Apologies for the noobery, which I'm sure I'll cringe at later. Thanks for the help.

TM stands from Trust Master. It's probably easier to check this link out:

https://exviuswiki.com/Trust_Master_Reward

Anyways, since you're new to the game, I wound't worry about it yet. TM farming is what you do when you have nothing else while waiting for new content.

Nox is a program that allows you to play the game and set macros so you can play and TM farm without touching the game.

Leo is good because reaching 100% on his TM rewards you with the Aegis Shield which is one of the best gear in the game right now.

I feel like 5 unit to 16% is the most painless path to TM. Rewards

Sure you could go for more copies buy as F2Play why bother

We seem to get enough units with dailies and banner pulls over time

Im just gonna pace myself honestly

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Woo daily pull Locke! I only wanted him because I want his TM for Cloud of Darkness (pls :_;)

TM stands from Trust Master. It's probably easier to check this link out:

https://exviuswiki.com/Trust_Master_Reward

Anyways, since you're new to the game, I wound't worry about it yet. TM farming is what you do when you have nothing else while waiting for new content.

Nox is a program that allows you to play the game and set macros so you can play and TM farm without touching the game.

Leo is good because reaching 100% on his TM rewards you with the Aegis Shield which is one of the best gear in the game right now.

thank you, this helps a lot. Think I just need to finish the story first.

Grats!!

Well the issue you run into when using multiple units for TM is that for the rarer TMs youre going to want more than one. Like Aegis shield, Ultima, Dual Wield, Doublehanded, Excalibur etc

Want? For sure

Need? Debateable

Micro Managing sanity seems equally important to enjoying a gacha game lol

Can you use Nox for Android? If so, is there a guide to setting it up? I've avoided any TM farming and there is no way I am manually doing it, that grind is insane.

Valentus

Why would you want more than 1 ultima?

the only unit that do good use of it is kefka, all the other mages

A.- Dont Have Black Magic lvl 8
B.- Will have equal (meteor) or better skills (Kafizzle) that putting a Ultima will be wasting a slot in other MAG+30%

And doublehanded only Garland can give a really good use of it.

With 1 ultima and 1 doublehanded you are good.

B.- Will have equal (meteor) or better skills (Kafizzle) that putting a Ultima will be wasting a slot in other MAG+30%

Kuja may need it though ; ;

Oh and for The Emperor too ^^

ExDeath with 3 Mag +30 and Ultima when he gets dual cast is gonna blow shit up. I agree you only need one though.

Valentus

ExDeath with 3 Mag +30 and Ultima when he gets dual cast is gonna blow shit up. I agree you only need one though.

I dont know exactly numbers, but i think a meteor with 4 MAG+30 does more damage than a Ultima with 3 MAG+30

Kuja may need it though ; ;

Oh and for The Emperor too ^^

Emperor has Starfall (230% unmitigated damage that ignores 50% SPR (meteor is 250% / 25% SPR and Ultima is 280% / 25% SPR))

Got Terra from my daily pull today, finally!

Can stop bothering with this banner for now.

Grats man!!

Finally got a 2 Star Esper thanks to this event lol. Ifrit is the first to upgrade and I snagged the innate killer skills while I was at it

I wonder if I should farm Maranda coast now to work on Shiva. Im a little bummed at how stingy these explorations are with magicite though

I]

Emperor has Starfall (230% unmitigated damage that ignores 50% SPR (meteor is 250% / 25% SPR and Ultima is 280% / 25% SPR))

Alright well Terra can fuck off then, I'll fuse away.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

Grats man!!

Finally got a 2 Star Esper thanks to this event lol. Ifrit is the first to upgrade and I snagged the innate killer skills while I was at it

I wonder if I should farm Maranda coast now to work on Shiva. Im a little bummed at how stingy these explorations are with magicite though

PHANTOM FORESTU

2* Maxed all espers in that damn forest!

Xion86

All you have to know is get cecil to 6* and level it up >.<

Oh okay, I don't have Cecil :(
Just caught up with the last 4 or 5 pages. Gutted about the Locke news! Haven't been able to farm flour during the day due to work (anything I can auto I can do though but explorations are a bit tricky), but hoping to get as many of the items as I can. When does the event end for collecting flour?

Azuran

Banned
10%?!? Is that it?? Screw that :( thought it would be way more.
I don't understand the limit break points though? :/

All they do is increase the modifiers of your LB as they level up. Honestly not a big deal and probably not worth grinding for unless you're planning on using Cecil.

Lyrian

PHANTOM FOREST

2* Maxed all espers in that damn forest!

This. Exactly, this.

Phantom Forest is love, Phantom Forest is life.

IQHs1Xk.png

Lyrian

10%?!?
I don't understand the limit break points though? :/

Look a unit's stat screen.

On the bottom of the screen, in the limit break section, the limit break is described as:

-- The level of the limit break currently (current level / max level for rarity of card)
-- A red/black graphical bar describing progress to next limit break level.
-- A numerical representation of the black portion of the bar to next level (listed as: next [number])

That number represents the amount of limit experience needed to upgrade that unit's limit break one level. One use of a limit break equals one point. A mini pot equals using the limit break 100 times, and thus gives 100 points of experience.

826 124 838, if not already on my friends list. Tend to keep Artemios up for barrage and killer goodness, as most players tend not to put one of him up for friend use.
Already full. :(

Alas, I freed up some slots, so send the requests my way GAF. Sharing Chizuru, I also have Cecil and Firion for when they get their 6*s. :D

Quote for code.

Are we on the FFXI banner right now? So the new one will truly be new info? My mini vacation threw me off ;p I've only logged in to send/receive gifts and knock out a few dailies if I have the time lately. Thankfully only missed logging in one day and it was the least significant of the daily gifts so far, the mini/or medium metal cactuar haha I guess it is exciting being on a different banner path than Japan, after an FFXI banner they didn't get, who knows what's next? ;p

Also, sucks we have to waste mat space for these event items, hoped they'd have their own section. Gave in and increased mat cap again, at 90 now.

Are we on the FFXI banner right now? So the new one will truly be new info? My mini vacation threw me off ;p I've only logged in to send/receive gifts and knock out a few dailies if I have the time lately. Thankfully only missed logging in one day and it was the least significant of the daily gifts so far, the mini/or medium metal cactuar haha I guess it is exciting being on a different banner path than Japan, after an FFXI banner they didn't get, who knows what's next? ;p

Also, sucks we have to waste mat space for these event items, hoped they'd have their own section. Gave in and increased mat cap again, at 90 now.

Don't feel bad. When I was farming Megacities and now that I TM farm....max materials is now 160 >.<!1

Don't feel bad. When I was farming Megacities and now that I TM farm....max materials is now 160 >.<!1

I don't let myself keep more than two full stacks of anything. Megacrysts get top priority and I kept two full stacks of Farplane Souls since I remember you guys having to farm it just in case it crops up again. Then I just randomly guess what else is worth two stacks like Dragon Hearts haha

Was able to look up we're on the VI banner right now so next one will be new info, nice! Although it's probably just going to be the voted banner :/ Any chance they run two at the same time since this is kind of a special thing? Probably not haha dang it. On the other hand, it'd be good if I could get to 10k lapis before the next banner I really want to pull from hits for two mega pulls. I'm in the 7 thousands right now.

Lyrian

Same way I did, Phantom Forest over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

And I guess you could also buy megacite from King Mog but that wasn't an option IN THE OLD DAYS

Damn straight.

Seriously, though. PF still remains to this day the single best spot to farm magicites. Although the magicites are off-color there, for some strange reason, an insanely high number of them drop per run (over the long run, dry runs can happen). Even so, the sheer quantity dropped from the three nodes far outpaces drops from every other zone out there period.

Bonus points for only costing 8 energy to run and can be completed trivially in like 2 minutes per run. Super fast, super easy. Which is good, because leveling espers 1* 25-30 sucks, and doubly so for 2* 30-40.

Lyrian

Was able to look up we're on the VI banner right now so next one will be new info, nice! Although it's probably just going to be the voted banner :/ Any chance they run two at the same time since this is kind of a special thing? Probably not haha dang it. On the other hand, it'd be good if I could get to 10k lapis before the next banner I really want to pull from hits for two mega pulls. I'm in the 7 thousands right now.

Gumi is stalling because they can't push any farther without introducing 6* units.

Look at the upcoming banners:

Next non-collab: 6* Lightning
FF4: 6* Cecil, Dark Cecil
FFT: 6* Ramza, Delita

Only thing they could do is the Brave Frontier crossover, but Gumi seems to be lukewarm on doing crossovers in Global.

So, here we are dragging our feet, because it is too soon for 6*s. That is what happens when you push units like crazy, but not the content to match up with them (see: Intangir).

chrono01

I did my first daily pull since I pulled Garland a few weeks back (from a rainbow crystal).

Gold...

...Then Rainbow...

Garnet.

I have Lenna, so I'm not sure if she's viable for me, but I can't complain about a new character. Not just that, she's already at 5*, so I don't need to evolve her. Maybe one day she'll get an amazing 6* evolution or something.

I might stick to the daily pulls. I'm still planning on saving whatever tickets I get for Lightning (just for fun), and enough for a single ten-pull, but other than that, I'm going to spend some on daily pulls. Not sure why I didn't do so sooner, you're getting each for 1/2 off. All those missed summons. ;_;

Celegus

Wow that's some crazy luck. I've seen a total of one rainbow crystal and that was from when I was rerolling. None since I actually started playing. I must be saving it for something good!

Lyrian

I did my first daily pull since I pulled Garland a few weeks back (from a rainbow crystal).

Gold...

...Then Rainbow...

Garnet.

I have Lenna, so I'm not sure if she's viable for me, but I can't complain about a new character. Not just that, she's already at 5*, so I don't need to evolve her. Maybe one day she'll get an amazing 6* evolution or something.

I might stick to the daily pulls. I'm still planning on saving whatever tickets I get for Lightning (just for fun), and enough for a single ten-pull, but other than that, I'm going to spend some on daily pulls. Not sure why I didn't do so sooner, you're getting each for 1/2 off. All those missed summons. ;_;

Wow, that luck. Quite jealous atm.

The next time FF9 rolls around in Japan, she should surely receive a 6* upgrade as she is a 4* base character.

Coming from PAD, I'm still not quite used to all the F2P pulls given by the game. There, a F2P gets maybe 4-5 free pulls per month, if all the possible rewards are achieved.

Here, I'm taking 2 pulls a day. That's borderline insane in comparison. Yeah, F2Ps will get burnt on 5* bases in general, but the amount of solid mid-tier units that everyone gets is incredibly generous.

chrono01

Wow that's some crazy luck. I've seen a total of one rainbow crystal and that was from when I was rerolling. None since I actually started playing. I must be saving it for something good!
Incoming Lightning on a single pull.

I believe in you!

Wow, that luck. Quite jealous atm.

The next time FF9 rolls around in Japan, she should surely receive a 6* upgrade as she is a 4* base character.

Coming from PAD, I'm still not quite used to all the F2P pulls given by the game. There, a F2P gets maybe 4-5 free pulls per month, if all the possible rewards are achieved.

Here, I'm taking 2 pulls a day. That's borderline insane in comparison. Yeah, F2Ps will get burnt on 5* bases in general, but the amount of solid mid-tier units that everyone gets is incredibly generous.
Yeah, I seem to be decently lucky at daily summons. It kind of makes me wonder why I stopped. It's a pretty decent value for your Lapis, since if you stick to that (and not standard-priced summons), you're basically getting double the amount of characters than you normally would have. Granted, you won't be able to partake in that nice *guaranteed 4* base character) Japan currently has with their multi-pulls, but it'll likely be a while before Global receives that anyway.

I'm glad to hear that her potential for a 6* is high. Given that she's a core main character (and from a popular installment of the series), I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Here's hoping she gets something good.

How are you getting two pulls per day, as a F2P? I know the half-priced summon is one, but what's the other? Tickets via the current event maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom