• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

This banner is really tricky, because they will give us not 1 but 3 units base 4star.

That means the chance of summon will be 10% each unit, but only if you get a gold crystal, that means in general, the chances of getting one of them is very low (not zidane-fiasco low, but very low indeed)

Talking about units, what we see here is:

Fencer: The best unit of this batch, will be the unit with highest attack when comes to global, and her skills are not bad. When equipped with sword (enhacer) you will get a nice +30% ATK bonus, and with ATK +20%, in total you will get +50% ATK bonus. She doesnt have barrage or full break, but has mana strike that debuff 30% of enemy defense (higher than full break) And checkmate (50% KO enemy) is a fun skill.

Her TM is one of the best for attackers and tanks. +20% ATK/DEF and +10% MP is very nice.

Juggler is a unit with a high attack grow rate too, and have a less powefull barrage (5 random hits, 60% each, for a total of 300%), and can tank too with his provoke (70% chance of getting hit).

The big drawback i see here: Only can equip daggers and projectile. So, unless you have a rising sun, you wont do big damage.

His TM is the best for healers. +20% MAG/SPR and 10% MP is great for cure more strong and dont run out of mana quickly. Its not good for Mages because we have shanttoto TM (a more common unit to summon so her TM is more common to get than Juggler TM)

Thief is a upgraded version of locke. Avoid.

So, TL;DR:

If you are a collectionist: Summon
If you want so bad Fencer or Juggler's TM : Summon
If you want to calm your summon addiction: Only do daylies.
If you dont give a fuck about those units: Keep saving tickets and lapi for Ramza-dono and King Delita

Outside the TMs they are pretty lame

And since they have such a low drop rate you wouldnt be expected to get 5 dupes

Ill likely skip this banner

Trying to decide if I want to pull more for the FF6 banner for dupes

Outside the TMs they are pretty lame

And since they have such a low drop rate you wouldnt be expected to get 5 dupes

Ill likely skip this banner

Trying to decide if I want to pull more for the FF6 banner for dupes
I used 8 tickets trying to get Terra this morning.

Leo, Lani, Luna, Penelo, Sabin, Kuja and 2 that I can't recall atm. Got Locke, Leo, and Celes with this banner. Think I'm going to hoard my tickets/lapis for awhile now. My team is pretty set for the future and have some good characters I can alternate if I need for abilities for some bosses.

Ok guys

Maranda Coast is THE spot to recoup Eggs/Sugar when you get low (Just got 172 eggs and 128 sugar)

Dwarves Forge for Flour (seen it drop as high as 800 and low as 375)

Lotus seed paste drops from everything like crazy

There ya go

Makes sense to alternate between the two as needed

So is the mace something that I should get even though I don't have a char to equip it really? Something good to have for the future? I'm not going to make enough cakes to get everything, so I'm trying to decide what to snag.

H3xum

This 11 ticket deal they are promoting...is this the guaranteed BASE 4* that JP just got or is this the same as before?

So is the mace something that I should get even though I don't have a char to equip it really? Something good to have for the future? I'm not going to make enough cakes to get everything, so I'm trying to decide what to snag.

It is basically a CoD weapon if you don't want to grind the Rising Sun TM. Otherwise meh. Get Tickets/Quartz/Trust Moogle first

SOLDIER

If I have a 3 star character that I've been leveling but later obtain a lvl 1 4 star unit of the same character, do I feed the 4 star unit to the 3 star, or the other way around?

And what do I do if the two units have different abilities? This is the only part of the game I'm scratching my head over.

RedZaraki

Banned
FINALLY pulled my first Terra! And she's 4 star! :)

Now all I really want is Cecil, Zidane, and Exdeath and I will be more or less done with all current characters.

According to Reddit the upcoming banner is not worth because:

1) All the units are 4-star base, so pretty rare.
2) All the units are 5-star max, even in Japan, so not future proof.
3) The best is Fencer, but you'll want a Barrage TM to give. Her TM is ok too.

I'll be doing the daily 250 pull but that's all. I can see why they sweetened the deal for 11 pull on this banner.

Zalasta

Ok guys

Maranda Coast is THE spot to recoup Eggs/Sugar when you get low (Just got 172 eggs and 128 sugar)

Dwarves Forge for Flour (seen it drop as high as 800 and low as 375)

Lotus seed paste drops from everything like crazy

There ya go

Makes sense to alternate between the two as needed

So sick of seeing paste, ridiculous drop rate compared to everything else (almost 3x as much). I am farming Maranda because I need ice megacryst too, but unfortunately it is not flour friendly. I wish there is a way to trade ingredients because at this rate I will have thousands of unused pastes.

Daily pulls suck for me but at this point I'm already resigned to never get anything worthwhile.

CCIE

Banned
I had a late day with work yesterday, so was unable to farm cake ingredients - just baking and dailies. I may pull one more time off this banner, but definitely not the next. Will be glad when the baking is done...

I doubt we see six star until done with Dinardo from what I understand

Lyrian

I doubt we see six star until done with Dinardo from what I understand

Good point.

According to the JP schedule, 6* units were not released until Dirnado was released in full. Gumi could be following the same logic here.

But, they are severely running out of units to give us. The Crystal Defenders banner is really, really reaching here, as it was released towards the end of the 5th island and is the very last time a banner (chronologically, at least) that a banner was released without 6* units in it.

If Gumi is going to follow the 1-a-month island release schedule, then there are 3 weeks left to go that somehow need units to be pulled. The options are really limited here on what is left.

So, my thoughts on what is coming, given this premise:

9th to 15th - Crystal Defenders (known)
16th to 22nd - Facebook Player's Choice - Get players to whale for Chizuru/WoL "2nd chance"
23rd to 29th - Brave Frontier Collab (1st incarnation) - Get players to whale for Tillith
30th + Release of Dirnado Part 2, First Lightning banner OR FF4 Event OR FFT Event and 6* units.

After the BF Collab, this is literally, objectively, **nothing** left for Gumi to release, so they will have to release 6* units at that point.

-- Struck out again today with my 2 pulls: Bedile + Anzlem. :(

Good point.

According to the JP schedule, 6* units were not released until Dirnado was released in full. Gumi could be following the same logic here.

But, they are severely running out of units to give us. The Crystal Defenders banner is really, really reaching here, as it was released towards the end of the 5th island and is the very last time a banner (chronologically, at least) that a banner was released without 6* units in it.

If Gumi is going to follow the 1-a-month island release schedule, then there are 3 weeks left to go that somehow need units to be pulled. The options are really limited here on what is left.

So, my thoughts on what is coming, given this premise:

9th to 15th - Crystal Defenders (known)
16th to 22nd - Facebook Player's Choice - Get players to whale for Chizuru/WoL "2nd chance"
23rd to 29th - Brave Frontier Collab (1st incarnation) - Get players to whale for Tillith
30th + Release of Dirnado Part 2, First Lightning banner OR FF4 Event OR FFT Event and 6* units.

After the BF Collab, this is literally, objectively, **nothing** left for Gumi to release, so they will have to release 6* units at that point.

-- Struck out again today with my 2 pulls: Bedile + Anzlem. :(

Jeez man

I hope we get those pull updates relatively quick... Like I know the Bsae 4 pool is super small and we dont have any base 5 but....

Constantly pulling the same low tier units is so annoying. There should be a much more varied spread among the 3 stars

At least give the game a balance comb over so all these units arent essentially useless

Lyrian

Jeez man

Constantly pulling the same low tier units is so annoying. There should be a much more varied spread among the 3 stars

At least give the game a balance comb over so all these units arent essentially useless

Too early in the game's life :/

There aren't enough units in the general pool to be able to that. Once there is, then the rebalance will happen and the artificially created scarcity for units will go away (see the recent JP gacha rebalance).

Be happy(ish) that this isn't PAD pre-gacha rebalance. In that game, enemies from story stages could drop as low-tier units (pre-rebalance) from premium pulls. Now, imagine the hate generated by spending 500 lapis and pulling something like a Zombie or a Bomb. Those were dark, dark days in that game.

I'd expect them to draw out FB banner, maybe with 24 hour rate-ups for each character/cagegory

Yeah they could really drag things out with 24 hour character rate ups

Im cool with it

I still have a lot of Espers to grind and TMs to score to keep me busy. Plus I wouldnt mind a lull so I can just put in a hour or so of daily play and focus on other things

This current event is a tad more intensive than Id like

SOLDIER

If I have a 3 star character that I've been leveling but later obtain a lvl 1 4 star unit of the same character, do I feed the 4 star unit to the 3 star, or the other way around?

And what do I do if the two units have different abilities? This is the only part of the game I'm scratching my head over.

Anyone?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You can't sit here and blame Gumi, when almost everyone in here has been using the JPN release as insight. We already know which characters are useful, which TMs to go after, which upcoming characters will have 6*. When all of this was unknown when it was released then.

Otherwise, the chick with big boobs in this one would be a top 2 physical damage right now and everyone would be screaming over her.

Lyrian

What happens if they have different abilities?

They don't. Even if named differently (like limit breaks), the higher rarity has the better version of the limit break.

If for some strange reason that a situation would develop that this would be the case, the higher rarity unit would also **always** have the superior skill set.

So, fuse lower rarity versions of a unit into the highest rarity of that unit that you possess.

Valus

In JPN, where does Buttz stand as a unit? At the moment he's arguably top 3, I'm guessing he's pushed to top 10.

He's always going to be a solid dps but at 6* he gets Sacrifice, which if combined with a unit that can raise/dualcast, essentially makes him an unlimited elixir. That's where he really shines, as utility. His solid dps stats is just icing on the cake.

Lyrian

You can't sit here and blame Gumi, when almost everyone in here has been using the JPN release as insight. We already know which characters are useful, which TMs to go after, which upcoming characters will have 6*. When all of this was unknown when it was released then.

Otherwise, the chick with big boobs in this one would be a top 2 physical damage right now and everyone would be screaming over her.

This is why Global needs to break away completely from JP and do its own thing instead of being a clone of JP.

Otherwise, the gacha model in general mostly falls apart when everyone has precognition about what is going to happen. The Reddit community in general is a perfect example of this, as their mantra is "we have seen the divine future and know the only possible path forward in this game, so ignore 75% of everything that is released because it is not optimal content."

Seriously doubt Gumi would do that, however, as the general masses do not check Reddit and thus would not be aware of any such knowledge of the future of the game.

Lyrian

I'd expect them to draw out FB banner, maybe with 24 hour rate-ups for each character/cagegory

That's an idea, but aren't there only 5 featured units from the FB poll? What would be used for the other 9 days that need to be covered?

This is why Global needs to break away completely from JP and do its own thing instead of being a clone of JP.

Otherwise, the gacha model in general mostly falls apart when everyone has precognition about what is going to happen. The Reddit community in general is a perfect example of this, as their mantra is "we have seen the divine future and know the only possible path forward in this game, so ignore 75% of everything that is released because it is not optimal content."

Seriously doubt Gumi would do that, however, as the general masses do not check Reddit and thus would not be aware of any such knowledge of the future of the game.

I agree and would love to see this

But if they DID break away I WANT to see mechanical changes, balance patches, updates to the meta so that the pool of characters and abilities all make more sense

Highly doubt they will go this route when translating JP content is that much easier

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Does anyone have a good / handy guide on team construction?

Related, but different question -- I only have one unit (hi Fran!) with Cura atm and Fina's is two awakenings away. Suggestions?

Rixa

That's an idea, but aren't there only 5 featured units from the FB poll? What would be used for the other 9 days that need to be covered?

2 days each and 4 days all in rate up :p
*ThereGumiIfixedIt.jpg*

In Global Chain Chronicle, Gumi released Global only character (quite a many actually). This might the case here too.

Related, but different question -- I only have one unit (hi Fran!) with Cura atm and Fina's is two awakenings away. Suggestions?

^^ What Gacha chracters you have? Lets start from there.

Valus

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

There's a list of units with their accompanying ranks. Generally for content right now all you need is one healer and 4 dps, physical or magical. Tanks will be needed eventually but there's no content out right now that needs one.

As for the cura issue, keep using Fran until Fina is able to cast an AoE heal herself. There's also a staff you can get from the lost village of marlo from fat chocobo that gives whoever equips it the ability to cast cura. You also get the recipe to craft cura from the colosseum rewards eventually so make sure you're doing that.

Lyrian

As for the cura issue, keep using Fran until Fina is able to cast an AoE heal herself. There's also a staff you can get from the lost village of marlo from fat chocobo that gives whoever equips it the ability to cast cura. You also get the recipe to craft cura from the colosseum rewards eventually so make sure you're doing that.

Quick add on to this:

Bake some cakes (even with the common recipe) and turn in the cakes for Metal Gigantaurs to the Mog King in the Farplane. 100 cakes per Gigantaur, which is 30k XP for Fina. A few of those will get Fina up to speed (at least to Cura, which is a 4* skill for her) fairly quickly.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
2 days each and 4 days all in rate up :p
*ThereGumiIfixedIt.jpg*

In Global Chain Chronicle, Gumi released Global only character (quite a many actually). This might the case here too.

I have to admit I don't know what Gacha characters are!

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

There's a list of units with their accompanying ranks. Generally for content right now all you need is one healer and 4 dps, physical or magical. Tanks will be needed eventually but there's no content out right now that needs one.

This is super helpful, thank you.

Quick add on to this:

Bake some cakes (even with the common recipe) and turn in the cakes for Metal Gigantaurs to the Mog King in the Farplane. 100 cakes per Gigantaur, which is 30k XP for Fina. A few of those will get Fina up to speed (at least to Cura, which is a 4* skill for her) fairly quickly.

Oh good call! I've been saving up and using them for rare summon tickets.

creid

I have to admit I don't know what Gacha characters are!
When you summon a new character using Lapis or a summon ticket, you draw from a better pool of characters. Those are the gacha characters. The weaker characters are summoned using friend points (FP).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

When you summon a new character using Lapis or a summon ticket, you draw from a better pool of characters. Those are the gacha characters. The weaker characters are summoned using friend points (FP).

Ok! Here's who I have:

Garland -- 3* lvl 25
Fran -- 4* lvl 38
Locke -- 3* lvl 24
Leo -- 3* lvl 11
Cyan -- 3* lvl 21
Kain -- 3* lvl 20
Kuja -- 3* lvl 11
Fina -- 3* lvl 1
Terra -- 3* lvl 8
Sabin -- 3* lvl 1
Celes -- 3* lvl 1
Shantotto - 3* lvl 1
Anzelm -- 3* lvl 18
Lani -- 3* lvl 13
Anastasis 3* lvl 29

I also have a dupe Leo and Locke. So yeah, I'm still working on the story but am just thinking ahead about team construction. Any guides or advice you have is totally welcome!

Ok! Here's who I have:

Garland -- 3* lvl 25
Fran -- 4* lvl 38
Locke -- 3* lvl 24
Leo -- 3* lvl 11
Cyan -- 3* lvl 21
Kain -- 3* lvl 20
Kuja -- 3* lvl 11
Fina -- 3* lvl 1
Terra -- 3* lvl 8
Sabin -- 3* lvl 1
Celes -- 3* lvl 1
Shantotto - 3* lvl 1
Anzelm -- 3* lvl 18
Lani -- 3* lvl 13
Anastasis 3* lvl 29

I also have a dupe Leo and Locke. So yeah, I'm still working on the story but am just thinking ahead about team construction. Any guides or advice you have is totally welcome!

Roll Leo, Garland, Terra, Celes, and Shantotto

So mostly magic focused since you dont really have a Barrage user

Youll want to element Chain with Celes or Terra depending on the enemy and have the back up heal.

Razmos

I really hope I get Fencer. Her abilities sound awesome. A physical attack that procs poison, another that procs blind. A single target strong attack, a bladeblitz clone, an instant KO move, a strong armour break. 50% attack boosting passives and a 40% attack increasing buff for 3 turns that also negates a single physical attack. Oh and a bardarkra move

She sounds awesome.

I really hope I get Fencer. Her abilities sound awesome. A physical attack that procs poison, another that procs blind. A single target strong attack, a bladeblitz clone, an instant KO move, a strong armour break. 50% attack boosting passives and a 40% attack increasing buff for 3 turns that also negates a single physical attack. Oh and a bardarkra move

She sounds awesome.

When has an instant KO move EVER been good >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom