• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExVicis

So is the stellar shield decent for Golbez or s to t a tank shield? Who is it ideally for?

I read that bit earlier about the LunarPestle not really Heng good for anyone outside of CoD and was wondering if the shield was the same. I've gotten a few of the cake rewards I really want so now m reviewing what I need and what is a luxury.

Zafir

FFXIII springs to mind. I'm sure there would be niche situations where it would be useful :p

For all it did wrong, I was always pleasantly surprised how debuffs were actually useful in that game. Most JRPGs just give bosses too much immunity to them.

chrono01

My last three daily 1/2 pulls:

Garland (5*)
Garnet (5*)
Celes (3*)

...I'm sticking with these and not bothering with full-priced pulls. I'll use my tickets on the full-priced ones, but my Lapis will be held for these daily draws.

Razmos

For all it did wrong, I was always pleasantly surprised how debuffs were actually useful in that game. Most JRPGs just give bosses too much immunity to them.
Yeah, first time I played the game I brute forced it and it kinda sucked, second time I went strategic with buffs and debuffs and it was a lot more fun

Pejo

Hmm, not pulling on that new banner, though I do like the design of the 5* Fencer's aura.

Anyways, is there any reason to keep these mogcake boxes or can we safely sell them?

Kouriozan

Hmm, not pulling on that new banner, though I do like the design of the 5* Fencer's aura.

Anyways, is there any reason to keep these mogcake boxes or can we safely sell them?
It's just a way for the game to know how much cakes to give after a craft, since this event is Global only and something like it never happened on JP iirc, Gumi had to find a way for crafting event currency.
So yes, you can safely sell the boxes, they contains nothing anyway.

What's the deal with exploration unit exp?

I'm only getting like 27k-30k in Golzas Canyon, but the wiki says it should be 44k. After 15 minutes or so, I simply stop encountering monsters anymore, or it take a very long time to encounter one. Should I really stay for a while longer to maximize the unit exp? It's not just for Golzas Canyon, but every other exploration maps as well.

NomarTyme

What's the deal with exploration unit exp?

I'm only getting like 27k-30k in Golzas Canyon, but the wiki says it should be 44k. After 15 minutes or so, I simply stop encountering monsters anymore, or it take a very long time to encounter one. Should I really stay for a while longer to maximize the unit exp? It's not just for Golzas Canyon, but every other exploration maps as well.
There are different zones for exploration. You must have not max out one of the zones. Check out wiki for the zones.

Find the zones on wiki under experience.
https://exviuswiki.com/Kolobos_Marsh/Exploration

Lyrian

My last three daily 1/2 pulls:

Garland (5*)
Garnet (5*)
Celes (3*)

...I'm sticking with these and not bothering with full-priced pulls. I'll use my tickets on the full-priced ones, but my Lapis will be held for these daily draws.

Grats on the very nice pulls :)

Valentus

tickets, moogle, quartz and shield done.

Im burned out, i dont know if i can keep farming flour anymore. At least i got what i wanted,

chrono01

Grats on the very nice pulls :)
Thanks. :)

I got Celes today too, woot! Just missing Terra now!
Congrats to you!

I'm still aiming for Terra too, but I doubt I'll get her in-time. I only have one more 1/2 lapis chance on this banner, so things aren't looking good.

Im burned out, i dont know if i can keep farming flour anymore. At least i got what i wanted,
Nice!

I have Trust Moogle and Lunar Pestle done. I have something like...16k cakes, so I could grab something now but I'm kind of saving for the shield first (since it's my last high-cost item). After that, I'll do the tickets and the quartz, then...maybe the rabbit foot accessory since it's likely exclusive? I don't know.

Lyrian

I see! I think I missed that part about exp unit guide.

There isn't one for Golzas Canyon, I guess it's divided into the top and bottom part of the map?

Thanks!

I think so.

If I remember right, the zone transition point is the exit of the curve on the left side of the map that gives the straight run to the right for the third node of the zone.

Lyrian

I think I've come to the realization that it is relatively easy to get all of the valuable prizes over the event period, especially if you ignore the mini burst pots. Most of us have probably severely overfarmed at this point.

I've already cashed in the mace, the shield, the trust moogle, screamroots, crystals, quartz, and I'll probably have all the summon tickets done by tomorrow night. That just leaves the really frivolous stuff to go, with cake mats still dropping for another week still.

Bought all the SQ available from the Mog King. Will spend it on tickets or maybe the shield next??

The Hero Ring progress bar just popped up on my Trophies section. So I need 10 more random trophies for that recipe?

Folstern

Sadly I need those LB pots for my Cecil so I will be farming until the end. The grind actually isn't so bad considering how much I'm farming at the same time. The efficiency makes it worthwhile. Plus I got Celes yesterday so I am in a good mood.

Lyrian

Bought all the SQ available from the Mog King. Will spend it on tickets or maybe the shield next??

The Hero Ring progress bar just popped up on my Trophies section. So I need 10 more random trophies for that recipe?

Yes, 30 trophies grand total to unlock the hero ring recipe.

Yes, you want them. There will be powerful accessories and equipment you'll be able to buy later.

Like, powerful enough to also spend $50 on that bundle that comes with Lapis , tickets and 19 of em? It seems there's a finite amount in the games story/exploration, but will we keep being able to acquire enough without spending real money?

Umibozu

I remember star quartz randomly dropping during an exploration. It's not common and I don't remember the location, so I don't think it's finite.

Lyrian

Like, powerful enough to also spend $50 on that bundle that comes with Lapis , tickets and 19 of em? It seems there's a finite amount in the games story/exploration, but will we keep being able to acquire enough without spending real money?

Right now, quartz is fairly rare. But, I believe others have said that quartz becomes much more common later on because of power creep (for example, this is the first event where some quartz is directly buyable). So, that shouldn't be a problem in the long run.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Does the lack of energy ever get easier to maintain? At rank 18, I'm sitting on 28 total and logging in 2x per hour and can barely do anything at all. I know this is the initial conceit of every freemium game but please tell me it gets easier to manage.

Shouta

I wouldn't buy the bundle for them specifically. They're a nice bonus but if you buy a bundle it's for the Lapis/Tickets, lol.

http://altema.jp/ffbe/debuchokobo-1860 - List of items in JP that you can get with them.

The ones you want to take note of are the Status Ailment protection accessories, the Earring, and the Rune Bangle. Null ailments is very nice for some of the harder fights. The earring is 20% boost to Magic stats and the Rune Bangle is +50 MP.

Does the lack of energy ever get easier to maintain? At rank 18, I'm sitting on 28 total and logging in 2x per hour and can barely do anything at all. I know this is the initial conceit of every freemium game but please tell me it gets easier to manage.

Energy gain rate stays the same but your pool of energy grows as you level up. I'm at 84 right now at level 74, for example.

Well now, apparently I just reached the limit on the friend points. I didn't even know there was a limit. Not sure if I should start using them or just accept them and let the points disappear.

I'm at rank 41 and often I find myself just doing random vortexes just to burn energy. So yea it does. But then again, there isn't a ton for me to do right now in the game. I mainly just farm TM's and farm flour.

tuffymon

Well now, apparently I just reached the limit on the friend points. I didn't even know there was a limit. Not sure if I should start using them or just accept them and let the points disappear.

Why not use them? You can get 10% hp, dragon killer, stone killer, and aquan killer.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
12.3k more Flour to go, before I have enough for everything I want. I can always drop the Elixirs and PDs to reduce it to about 10.8k

Of course, this doesn't account for all the received cakes.

leehom

How many premium mog cakes has everyone baked?

I've made 68 so far.

68 @ 1440 = 97,920

Got all the tickets/weapon/shield/almost all the giant xp guys, and almost all the star quartz so far. Tallied up everything else I wanted and roughly need about 30k.

Don't care for lb pots, TM or the rabbits foot. Might buy them cuz I'll definitely have extra cakes in a couple of days.

Valus

Leo's cuz SHOCK!

^ I'm also at 68. Should've been 72 but I messed up my rotation on Sunday. Oh well. I still have around 10k flour left, not sure if I'm going to grind more or not.

Lyrian

Ke ke ke ke ke keeeee Kefka!
But it has been turned off since this whole farming event.

Kefka's limit break is soooooooooooo sllllooooooooooowwwww though.

Most of the good ones are already taken, lol.

So, I'll go with Medius, simply because the guy does not know when to stop shooting the target. It's like someone in the party has to tell him... dude, its's already dead, you can stop now...

So, I'll go with Medius, simply because the guy does not know when to stop shooting the target. It's like someone in the party has to tell him... dude, its's already dead, you can stop now...

Bahahaha

Kuja's is pretty cool too even though like you've said before, he and Kefka are so similar. At least he transforms >.>

Lyrian

How many premium mog cakes has everyone baked?

I've made 68 so far.

68 @ 1440 = 97,920

Got all the tickets/weapon/shield/almost all the giant xp guys, and almost all the star quartz so far. Tallied up everything else I wanted and roughly need about 30k.

Don't care for lb pots, TM or the rabbits foot. Might buy them cuz I'll definitely have extra cakes in a couple of days.

Premium 56 (x1440) = 80640
Rare 48 x (x540) = 25920
---------------------------
Total = 106560 (just picked up a batch a few seconds ago)

Mace, Shield, TM, Quartz, Screamroot, Crystals, 6 of 9 Summon Tickets (in progress).

Might go cactaurs next and then magicites (love how there are no black magicites for Diabolos), but that is only going to take 2 days at most to clean all that out. Then, I guess I'm down to the pots unless I want the MP +20%.

Lyrian

*High five*

Originally was going to slap myself for buying both rare recipes before researching them thoroughly, but I've made it work pretty well.

2 cycles of premiums, followed by 2 cycles of rares to make up for lost time and not checking in on time to setup the timing for the first premium run of the next day while sleeping. Works surprisingly well, more so than I ever thought it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom