• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

This is why I personally believe that Lightning will be the first 6* banner we get. The fact that she'd be our first 6* character, would mean more hype, and more people pulling for her. Then, soon afterwards, they release another 6* banner with a character the majority of people like more, and hope to get some more money out of it.

If they do it in the opposite way. people would probably blow all of their Lapis/Tickets on the Cecil 6* banner (for instance), and then if Lightning came afterwards (a character they might not particularly care for), they wouldn't feel the need to purchase more Lapis. Basically, use the hype for "THE NEW 6* CHARACTER!" to get more people to try for Lightning that they might not otherwise had done if she came second.

Using that logic,

Cecil is first, as you mention. Big draw here.
Then, FFT comes second. There is absolutely no way people do not whale for this collab, no matter when it arrives and how much is spent on the previous collab.
Lightning would then be the cooldown "event", as her original appearance was not tied to the FF13 collab, which came later.

Global's director is already on record stating that he is very shaky about Lightning coming first and was seriously considering re-ordering the 6* launch order. In terms of Western popularity, Lightning is far behind FF4 and FFT.

chrono01

Using that logic,

Cecil is first, as you mention. Big draw here.
Then, FFT comes second. There is absolutely no way people do not whale for this collab, no matter when it arrives and how much is spent on the previous collab.
Lightning would then be the cooldown "event", as her original appearance was not tied to the FF13 collab, which came later.

Global's director is already on record stating that he is very shaky about Lightning coming first and was seriously considering re-ordering the 6* launch order. In terms of Western popularity, Lightning is far behind FF4 and FFT.
I didn't think of placing FFT after FF4, good call. That would work.

Lyrian

Also, didn't see anyone mention this:

Stellar Shield got a spec bump from 10 MAG to 15 MAG. There was a typo on the original banner description of the shield, so Gumi decided to honor the typo.

Woot for free MAG points.

Why are people saying Lightning is less popular than Cecil or FFT characters in America? Is there a survey u guys are basing this on or is this just anectdotal?

Valentus

If you want hype, then Gumi should give us Tidus right now xD

Yeah, Lightning sucks because her games sucks, but everybody that is playing the game knows or at least had heard that Lightning is a beast in japan so her announcement to Global will be big in the community, so i dont think gumi will release other character than Lightning as the first 6star unit.

chrono01

Why are people saying Lightning is less popular than Cecil or FFT characters in America? Is there a survey u guys are basing this on or is this just anectdotal?
Mostly anecdotal.

Personally, I don't mind Lightning, despite hating FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns. I actually didn't mind the original FFXIII, for what it was. It's why I'm going to try for her when she's released, but I don't expect to be successful.

Zafir

If you want hype, then Gumi should give us Tidus right now xD

Yeah, Lightning sucks because her games sucks, but everybody that is playing the game knows or at least had heard that Lightning is a beast in japan so her announcement to Global will be big in the community, so i dont think gumi will release other character than Lightning as the first 6star unit.

Man I'd use everything I've got in game to pull for Tidus, just for that sweet sprite.
Mostly anecdotal.

Personally, I don't mind Lightning, despite hating FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns. I actually didn't mind the original FFXIII, for what it was. It's why I'm going to try for her when she's released, but I don't expect to be successful.

Yeah I don't really mind her. Far from a great character, but she doesn't out right annoy me like Vanille. Hell, I'd say I prefer Lightning to Serah, but I'm a minority in that one I'm sure.

Lyrian

Mostly anecdotal.

Same.

I don't mind Lightning as a character personally (I like Fang better to be honest), but she does not come across well to Western audiences. This can be reflected by the nosedive in sales for 13-2 and 13-3. Hell, just look at half of threads on Gaming-side here that even bring up Lightning.

In addition, Lightning has to complete against nostalgia. FF4 (FF2 at the time in the West) was the first Final Fantasy to really gain recognition, so most Gen X + gamers (ie, those with money and careers by now) remember them fondly.

Nostalgia is tough competition to overcome.

No Lightning is a bitch and I hope your eyes implode.

I cant decide if I want to pull tomorrow...I don't really want any of the units and should wait until the PC Banner comes out but...IDK

I just want to know when we are getting The Emperor!!

Zafir

Same.

I don't mind Lightning as a character personally (I like Fang better to be honest), but she does not come across well to Western audiences. This can be reflected by the nosedive in sales for 13-2 and 13-3. Hell, just look at half of threads on Gaming-side here that even bring up Lightning.

In addition, Lightning has to complete against nostalgia. FF4 (FF2 at the time in the West) was the first Final Fantasy to really gain recognition, so most Gen X + gamers (ie, those with money and careers by now) remember them fondly.

Nostalgia is tough competition to overcome.
I'd say that's more America than the west, honestly.

In Europe, I'm not sure that many people have nostalgia for the titles before VII, just because they didn't come out till it was too late. VI wasn't til the PS1 and it paled a bit in comparison to VII, VIII, and IX which were already out. Same with IV.

I'm surprised they haven't done either VII or VIII in that respect, I mean those would sell like hotcakes.

Celegus

Lightning is pretty average to me, don't really like her but don't hate her either. XIII-2 was a freaking awesome game and infinitely better than the other two (and also had hardly any Lightning).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Lightning has been one of the figure heads for the series for the past 10 years. Outside of Cloud, Squall, and Tidus... and maybe even not those last two. She is big in the West. Much bigger than anything before 7 and in 9 and 12.

ExVicis

Well... I'm upset at myself. Went to do a ticket pull and accidentally did the 5k on without noticing... Really really annoyed.

Good news is I guess I finally got my Terra and another Leo. Bad news is everything else was garbage.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
What's the current most efficient way to level units if I haven't passed Wolfsfang Peak yet? Chamber of Experience is dividing exp among all my units and seems kinda inefficient.

What's the current most efficient way to level units if I haven't passed Wolfsfang Peak yet? Chamber of Experience is dividing exp among all my units and seems kinda inefficient.

If you're wanting it for a single unit, set that unit to a solo party and bring along a friend unit capable of handling the Chamber themselves. WoL is good for this because his Bladeblitz hits 3 times (as opposed to 2 for Firion) and if they gave him a decent sword it'll wipe more of the units. Hit repeat until you win!

If you're wanting it for a single unit, set that unit to a solo party and bring along a friend unit capable of handling the Chamber themselves. WoL is good for this because his Bladeblitz hits 3 times (as opposed to 2 for Firion) and if they gave him a decent sword it'll wipe more of the units. Hit repeat until you win!
Edgar is a great choice for this as well. Before nearly everyone was sharing maxed out future 6* characters, I used maxed out Edgar friends a ton due to his AoE DEF Ignore move decimating the vortex enemies. Of course, many of the future 6* characters can wipe out a wave in one attack too (Firaga w/ Exdeath, Barrage w/ nearly any Barrager w/ good gear, etc...).

However, the fastest way to level a unit is to save as much energy pots as you can and then go wild during Cactuar events.

Lyrian

Farm Lanzelt Highlands exploration for cake materials, make cakes, exchange for gigantaurs at mog king.

One rare mogcake box = 5 gigantaurs (150k XP)
One premium mogcake box = 14 gigantaurs (420x XP).

Lyrian

Well... I'm upset at myself. Went to do a ticket pull and accidentally did the 5k on without noticing... Really really annoyed.

Good news is I guess I finally got my Terra and another Leo. Bad news is everything else was garbage.

Sucks on the unintentional 5k lapis spend :/

I really despise how easy it is to burn through lapis, although that kind of the design point of the game. I still have to mentally condition myself from time to time about the dangers of entering any potion of a mobile game's app where financial resources could be spent.

Grats on the two strong pulls though. :)

Aurizen said:
Was Lasswell ability always called Mirror of equity?

A unit's ability name changes with its rarity. 5* Lasswell's ability is called Azure Sky.

That said, there are some reports on Reddit about some ability names being changed for seemingly no apparent reason with that last server maintenance.

Half-price pull, and... 3* Leo! Finally have a physical team (Leo, WoL, Lenna, Cecil (at 6*), and Lasswell) to go with the magic team (Exdeath, Kefka, Tellah, Celes, & Terra or Golbez).

Would love to start leveling that Leo, but there's flour to farm. Almost at rank 40, have 65k cakes baked, and my first Hero Ring cooking.

Jeffrey

So I got the tickets, the shield, the trust moogle, anything else worth buying?

I hear the mace gets outclassed quickly and i dont really have any decent units that can use it anyways.

hitmon

half price pull today netted me a 4* Fran.. At least I was able to get Locke from this banner.

Also, didn't see anyone mention this:

Stellar Shield got a spec bump from 10 MAG to 15 MAG. There was a typo on the original banner description of the shield, so Gumi decided to honor the typo.

Woot for free MAG points.

That is very nice!

Dandte

Why all the hate for ff xiii. :( I liked it, not as good as previous entries in the series but it it had this special vibe. But my orher fav ff game is ix. So maybe i'm strange.

For now i only want tidus and lightning to join my party.

Lightning has been one of the figure heads for the series for the past 10 years. Outside of Cloud, Squall, and Tidus... and maybe even not those last two. She is big in the West. Much bigger than anything before 7 and in 9 and 12.
Yea she is huge period. But not the past 10 years haha, the game came out in 2009 in JP and 2010 in NA I believe.

Anyone who thinks she's not big in NA is being a bit naive. She's clearly a highly polarizing figure in gaming but she's still highly popular of a character regardless

bonkeng

Half-price pull, and... 3* Leo! Finally have a physical team (Leo, WoL, Lenna, Cecil (at 6*), and Lasswell) to go with the magic team (Exdeath, Kefka, Tellah, Celes, & Terra or Golbez).

Would love to start leveling that Leo, but there's flour to farm. Almost at rank 40, have 65k cakes baked, and my first Hero Ring cooking.

That's a Tank team. You'll have some trouble clearing future content with that as it doesn't have enough firepower. Leo WoL and Cecil will just cover each other to oblivion.

Your mage team is amazing though.

Razmos

18 pulls. (1 daily, 16 tickets , 1 500 lapis)

Daily got me Galuf
1: Zidane (!)
2: Edgar
3: Fran
4: Cecil (!)
5: Miyuki (!)
6: Galuf
7: Juggler (blue to gold)
8: Sabin
9: Shadow
10: Edgar
11: Miyuki
12: Miyuki
13: Juggler (blue to gold)
14: Zidane
15: Shadow
16: Galuf
500 Lapis: Cyan

Didn't get Fencer but Juggler seems fun and I'm set for TM farming for a while. (I now have 5 Miyuki with one already at 10%) and I have 3 Zidane

Rixa

I expect to see a lot of people with ultima on a 300+ mag Kefka or Ex-death in 1.5 months. :D

It'll be glorious (and terrifying).

Expect to see one Exdeath to blast everything to oblivion with Meteor enhanced 120% MAG in ability slots rather thant ultima in ability slot.

Ok I need them to announce Exdeath 6* + mats for awaken from some event it first :p

Hooray for the +15 MAG shield, grabbing it to my Exdeath then its time to swap leader from Kefka to Exdeath again.

Rixa

11 tickets all 3*
250 Lapis ended up being 3* too
All dupes except Krile
I just wanted Fencer T_T

RIP

Base 4*, there is so small chance to pull one, when there is 2 other 4* in banner.
If Chorizo & WoL that were only 4* in their banner had 2% pull rate. What do you think that pull rate will be for Fencer?

Bork

Neo Member
Expect to see one Exdeath to blast everything to oblivion with Meteor enhanced 120% MAG in ability slots rather thant ultima in ability slot.

Already putting work in on my OP Exdeath :D (random Cactuar infuse last night caused this!)

Dusky

Well I said I'd pass on this banner, but some folks said it would be easier to get other units from outside the banner because the drop rates would be very low for the new units...so I thought why not.

And...

zf3cDkK.jpg

I guess I'll farm her TM?

Rixa

Already putting work in on my OP Exdeath :D (random Cactuar infuse last night caused this!)

What is your ID?
gonna add you so that i can 1 hit all future trial boss. LOL

Mine is not so op :/. But after I get shield and equip (again) Ice Rod I have nice amount of MAG :)

Also purged some ~20-30 days idle players:
My id: 147,899,569
Be sure to have some information about GAF when sending fr or I wont add.

Valentus

i did one 11 summon and spent 5 tickets.

In the 11 summon i got 3 jugglers and a miyuki

In the 5 tickets i got a 5star juggler and a fencer

Im done.

Now i have a 488 atk fencer leader. Not bad for now. When i got sakurafubiki the fencer should surpass the 500+ atk range.

Kouriozan

I'm a bit mad Gumi decided to release those limited units so soon, I don't have money right now :(
Will do daily pulls until the last day then decide what to do.

Bork

Neo Member
What is your ID?
gonna add you so that i can 1 hit all future trial boss. LOL

Hehe! It's 310,752,313. Unfortunately it was just a rank up screen bug and didn't persist. If you add me I do play regularly and gift lots etc. so there is still some benefit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom