• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

So wait, is the fencer stronger than Chizuru?

Clyne, Amarant, and Ansem -.-

Not my day.

Chizuru with double Sakurafubiki, blade mastery, black cowl, black belt gi, 2 hero rings and Atk +20% and ATK +10% materia can get 585 ATK

A fencer with the same equip but with 10% less atk (because that materia slot you will use it to give barrage) should do less than that.

Chizuru still queen but for little.

Chizuru with double Sakurafubiki, blade mastery, black cowl, black belt gi, 2 hero rings and Atk +20% and ATK +10% materia can get 585 ATK

A fencer with the same equip but with 10% less atk (because that materia slot you will use it to give barrage) should do less than that.

Hmmm. Physical attackers are so obnoxious.

Damnit why is everyone pulling!

Ugh I kind of dont want to bother. I mean having Fencer would be cool and all but I probably wouldnt use her a whole lot

c-murph

Yeah... but Fencer is waifu.

Man, I am not awakening Cecil to 4 stars until I get his limit break leveled up some. We are grooming him to be awesome support tank.

Need to get still:
Exodeath
Kefka
WoL
Chizuru
Tellah
Vaan

And that's it until Lightning.and 6 stars start rolling out.

Edit: Is Duane good? I heard from some people he isn't bad and underrated for what he does.

Chinner

Banned
Guys, I have buttz, Buttz, Leo, lenna and tellah.

Should I reroll? I read reddit and buttz is useless as hes just a glorified exlier.

leehom

Should I reroll? I read reddit and buttz is useless as hes just a glorified exlier.

Bartz is great. He gets 6* and is rated 91 overall on altema. His TM is very good too.

I'm assuming you meant bartz...unless there's really a character named buttz.

Man, I am not awakening Cecil to 4 stars until I get his limit break leveled up some. We are grooming him to be awesome support tank.

Need to get still:
Exodeath
Kefka
WoL
Chizuru
Tellah
Vaan

And that's it until Lightning.and 6 stars start rolling out.

Edit: Is Duane good? I heard from some people he isn't bad and underrated for what he does.

Duane has a bunch of breaks and elemental sword skills right?

He isnt horribe stat wise and equipment wise. Works in a pinch if you dont have his particular role filled

Duane has a bunch of breaks and elemental sword skills right?

He isnt horribe stat wise and equipment wise. Works in a pinch if you dont have his particular role filled

That's what I am thinking. He has magic break which is pretty handy.

I mean ideally I'd rather have full break.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Daily Pull - Maria dupe....someone kill me lol.
At least she get a 5* down the line...thats something i guess.

Lyrian

Early Reddit polling suggests a 90% miss rate on the banner. Each of the three 3 banner cards appear to be split evenly across the 10% banner hit rate (3.33% per).

condigy

Did 2x 11 Pulls

1st Pull was basicly no new chars(2xkain,lena,shadow,lanni,...)This pull was followed by a couple of Tickets with no good outcome

2nd pull was more favorable; 2x Fencer and Thief (and a couple of other chars)
More or less happy with the outcome.

bonkeng

What if you equip the Fencer with Sakurafubuki+Enhancer instead? Equiping her with a Sword gives her additional 30% atk.

She should be able to surpass Chizu's atk.

EDIT: Well, seems like Fencer is 2 atk short against Chizuru if both are fully geared.

Chizuru: Sakura, Excalibur, Black Cowl, Black Belt, 2x Hero Rings, Dual Wield, Blade Mastery, 10% and 20% atk materia, ifrit = 559 atk

Fencer: Sakura, Enhancer, Black Cowl, Black Belt, 2x Hero Rings, Dual Wield, Barrage, Blade Mastery, 20% atk materia, ifrit = 557 atk

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Early Reddit polling suggests a 90% miss rate on the banner. Each of the three 3 banner cards appear to be split evenly across the 10% banner hit rate (3.33% per).

That's not actually a bad rate and bolds pretty well for future 4* only banner.

Lyrian

Reddit also reporting that with today's JP patch, character unique abilities (aka Hyperdrive, etc.) now possess awakening levels.

xFPkVNn.png

Awakening abilities can be very expensive though. The example given was one of Lightning's attacks, which cost new materials plus 1 million gil to upgrade.

mlgT3Ko.png

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I tried the rerolling, got tried of it and went with my first account since I accidentally linked it first. All I had was a single Buttz. I got a Kefka a bit later.

I managed to clear everything to the new Trial boss with just those as my "Good" characters. The other lot was Fina, Rain, and Edgar.

Right now, I'm sitting on WoL(2x), Chizzy, Artemios, Garland, Lenna, Tellah, Zid, Cecil, Another Kefka. All fairly useful characters and some going to be even better later on.

I also got Goblez, Locke(2x), Celes(2x), Hayate, Krile,

Reddit is a great source of info if you have a good foundation to base it off, but I would highly advise not to take it as a bible. It's especially unfriendly to newer players.

My opinion on what you have right now. I don't really think it's worth rerolling. Unless you haven't linked it to your facebook and if you're still on the first Island. Sure. But I feel like you've probably put significent progress so far and I don't think it's worth it. In the end, it should balance itself out.

creid

Where would the Lunar Pestle be useful? My mages already have fire and ice rod which have 11 more MAG than the LP, and I shouldn't care about physical attack on my mages (right?).

Where would the Lunar Pestle be useful? My mages already have fire and ice rod which have 11 more MAG than the LP, and I shouldn't care about physical attack on my mages (right?).

Useful for Dual Role mages

Namely Exdeath, Golbez, Terra, Celes

Otherwise use rods

#Edit How did I miss the obvious Candidate CoD

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Reddit also reporting that with today's JP patch, character unique abilities (aka Hyperdrive, etc.) now possess awakening levels.

Awakening abilities can be very expensive though. The example given was one of Lightning's attacks, which cost new materials plus 1 million gil to upgrade.

The farming never stops...scary times ahead xD

Against my better judgement decided to do a daily pull and use 2 tix. Sabin/Shadow/Maria....standard. Good news is though I got my first TM done! 1 Shanttoto down!

Vashetti

Banned
I feel like a noob, but any tips on beating the Mahadeva in the Colosseum?

Beginner A-3
55000 HP
65 MP

My current team:

Rain 5* - Level 52
Lasswell 4* - Level 52
Vaan 5* - Level 70
Cloud of Darkness 4* - Level 28
Exdeath 4* - Level 48

Also my ID if anyone wants to add me: 611,178,918

Beginner A-3
55000 HP
65 MP

My current team:

Rain 5* - Level 52
Lasswell 4* - Level 52
Vaan 5* - Level 70
Exdeath 4* - Level 48

I am not judging, actually curious? Any reason you are keeping Rain? I ditched him early on for better attacks/Jack of all Trades. Am I missing something that makes him awesome? I kinda like him visually on my team.

Valentus

What if you equip the Fencer with Sakurafubuki+Enhancer instead? Equiping her with a Sword gives her additional 30% atk.

She should be able to surpass Chizu's atk.

EDIT: Well, seems like Fencer is 2 atk short against Chizuru if both are fully geared.

Chizuru: Sakura, Excalibur, Black Cowl, Black Belt, 2x Hero Rings, Dual Wield, Blade Mastery, 10% and 20% atk materia, ifrit = 559 atk

Fencer: Sakura, Enhancer, Black Cowl, Black Belt, 2x Hero Rings, Dual Wield, Barrage, Blade Mastery, 20% atk materia, ifrit = 557 atk

Chizuru needs 3 materia slots for dual wield and equip great sword and blade mastery with this configuration. Thats only 1 materia slot left and you are giving her 2 ATK materias. (still with only one +20% atk you got 559 ATK)

Chizuru:

120 base atk
+20% ATK (innate)
+50% ATK (blade mastery)
+20% ATK (materia)
+20% ATK (Fencer TM)

Total Base ATK = 252

+98 Sakura 1
+98 Sakura 2
+28 black cowl
+8 black belt gi
+24 hero ring x2
+53 ifrit

Total ATK: 561

Fencer: 557

Now, if you discard barrage for another 20% ATK materia, Fencer ATK go up to 581, but fencer without barrage would do less damage than chizuru's barrage

Still is impressive for fencer.

Vashetti

Banned
I am not judging, actually curious? Any reason you are keeping Rain? I ditched him early on for better attacks/Jack of all Trades. Am I missing something that makes him awesome? I kinda like him visually on my team.

Keeping Rain and Lasswell just because they're the original two you start with. I'd feel weird with a team full of characters that didn't originate in Brave Exvius.

Beginner A-3
55000 HP
65 MP

My current team:

Rain 5* - Level 52
Lasswell 4* - Level 52
Vaan 5* - Level 70
Exdeath 4* - Level 48

Get Vaan to 80 and use full break

Plus you should really have a healer. Level up Fina or something

Beginner A-3
55000 HP
65 MP

My current team:

Rain 5* - Level 52
Lasswell 4* - Level 52
Vaan 5* - Level 70
Exdeath 4* - Level 48

How DARE you reach your friend capacity before adding me!! Insolence!!

ExVicis

Beginner A-3
55000 HP
65 MP

My current team:

Rain 5* - Level 52
Lasswell 4* - Level 52
Vaan 5* - Level 70
Exdeath 4* - Level 48

I had a lot of problems with that boss too, I think they way I took care of it was with a lot of paralyzes every chance I got.

Also I'll add you if you'd like access to a max level Tellah.

Should I replace Exdeath with Fina? I've been using him for Cure spells.

Heck no, Exdeath is the best Mage there is. Try to keep him in there if possible.

chrono01

Did 6 pulls got Fencer and CoD happy with that.
I'm jealous! Congrats. I have CoD but I want Fencer for reasons.

I'm not sure if I'll bother doing the 1/2 Lapis pulls, or save them for banners that have 3* base units as a rate-up. I'm definitely saving my tickets, not sure on the Lapis.

Vashetti

Banned
How DARE you reach your friend capacity before adding me!! Insolence!!

I had a lot of problems with that boss too, I think they way I took care of it was with a lot of paralyzes every chance I got.

Also I'll add you if you'd like access to a max level Tellah.

Just cleared 11 friend slots if you'd like to add me :)

My unit is a Level 71 5* Vaan

Here's all the units I have, would like suggestions on a good team please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom