• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fought intangir

seemed like a pushover at first, easily got him past half health, then he launched a meteor in my face and wiped out everyone but Lenna.......

im guessing im gonna need a friend with full break......

Flambe

Fought intangir

seemed like a pushover at first, easily got him past half health, then he launched a meteor in my face and wiped out everyone but Lenna.......

im guessing im gonna need a friend with full break......

Yup a friend's full break and Lenna's cheer let me take him down in 3 turns or so while healing through his meteors no prob

Did my daily and instantly my game crashed.

Loaded it back up and Juggler was in my unit inventory.

Not even sure if I need any of these units to be honest. Might just try to begin saving up Lapis.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
2.75k more Flour to go. ^_^

Then it's just crafting for about 5 more days to get everything I want. Not bad if I say so myself. Since I'm about done with the farm, I want to say it was a pretty successful week and a half.
+ Mats for 7 Hero Rings
+Got Chizzy from 5* 50 to 80.
+Got Lenna from 3* Lvl 1 to 55 5*.
+Got Tellah, Zid, Goblez, Locke, and Garland from 3* Lvl 1 to in their 40s or 20's in 4*.
+Finished off the last few levels for my Celes.
+Added on about 1.5Mil Gil + more to come.
+Max out my Ifirt to lvl 40, without still buying the mats from the Event.
+Also pushed Golem and Ramuh to their two star forms with just mats from farming.
+Got Limit Break Gold, Awakening Gold, Add on about 3k Spells used.

These are all additional benefits, not from the Moogle King awards. ^_^

Zafir

So far I've got the mace, shield, accessory, tickets, quartz, most of the cactuars and the trust moogle.

Just missing the +HP/+MP really. After that I guess I'll just spend the excess on the limit potions.

Wishing now that I went through the work for the mats to create the HP +15% during the last event. I can't make them now can I? If so where would I find the mats?

Just got the one from this event and coupled with the +10% TM from Rizer so now my Amarant is soaking up everything with his high chance of getting hit and his 4,400 HP. If only I could get that Rising Sun from my Locke TM.

I really hope he gets a 6* someday. I really like his skill setup.

Lyrian

2.75k more Flour to go. ^_^

Then it's just crafting for about 5 more days to get everything I want. Not bad if I say so myself. Since I'm about done with the farm, I want to say it was a pretty successful week and a half.
+ Mats for 7 Hero Rings
+Got Chizzy from 5* 50 to 80.
+Got Lenna from 3* Lvl 1 to 55 5*.
+Got Tellah, Zid, Goblez, Locke, and Garland from 3* Lvl 1 to in their 40s or 20's in 4*.
+Finished off the last few levels for my Celes.
+Added on about 1.5Mil Gil + more to come.
+Max out my Ifirt to lvl 40, without still buying the mats from the Event.
+Also pushed Golem and Ramuh to their two star forms with just mats from farming.
+Got Limit Break Gold, Awakening Gold, Add on about 3k Spells used.

These are all additional benefits, not from the Moogle King awards. ^_^

Nice progress! That's pretty awesome!

In this event, I'm down to just the mini burst pots and maybe the MP +20% if I somehow have leftover cakes by the end of the event. Long, long grind time for the next 100k cakes. Meh.

100 Jumbo Cactaurs maxed out Xiao and Medius, so I can chalk them up as finished. Moved onto to Freya next.

And then there's this:

JR3mVA7.png

One more to go and I can finally move onto the next phase of the project.

This event is starting to overstay its welcome. I'm ready to move on already.

EDIT: Welp. Just did some number crunching. I already have far more magicites than I need to max out Diabolos at 2* 40 on Day 1, just from off-color magicites and **not** relying on PF at all (almost all from farming Beach and DF + Mog King). Not sure how I want to feel about that....

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Kuja has the best regular battle animations -- they are so dang good.

Fuck Cyan and his extra long / dramatic samurai sword re-sheathing animation, btw.

linkent

Damn just realised that there are claiming period after the events.
Does that mean that we can continue crafting once the event ended?
dont think i could keep on farming anymore.
Naruto+dokkan WT and this is seriously tiring.

Do you guys bought they rabiit foot accessory? Seems useless but dont think there are any similar to it.

Lyrian

Damn just realised that there are claiming period after the events.
Does that mean that we can continue crafting once the event ended?
dont think i could keep on farming anymore.
Naruto+dokkan WT and this is seriously tiring.

Do you guys bought they rabiit foot accessory? Seems useless but dont think there are any similar to it.

Correct. Materials stop dropping after the 14th. However, if you have materials remaining, you can still craft cakes and turn them in up to the 21st to the Mog King.

Rabbit foot: Yeah, its unique for Global currently, but it's not very good. Just read the story in the item description. That should tell you all you need to know about the item. :)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
That moment you realize Kefka cant even use the Event +Mag Shield....lol.

desverger

So what are you supposed to do after clearing colosseum? Which stage is the best to repeat? A-rank INT has X-potions as repeat rewards, I can't think of anything else.

tuffymon

I've only switched recently to C-1 Beg, supposedly you can RARELY steal elixirs from him. Although no idea if that's still the case or not... I've went 0/9 so far /shrugemoji

Whoops, him being the boss of course

CCIE

Banned
Scarlet -

Did you really quit? I hate the majority of my pulls as well, and the game is beginning to piss me off. However, I've learned to take it with a load of salt. I now cringe every time I get a gold crystal, because I know it will be garbage.

Not spending a dime, so who really cares anyway. Back up over 4K lapis, after that horrendous disaster on the WoL banner. Yay for me!

Half cost pulls continuing to give me awesomeness.

GARNET 5 star GET!

So far the half daily pulls have been giving me
Zidane
Amarant
Garnet
Kuja

scarlet

Scarlet -

Did you really quit? I hate the majority of my pulls as well, and the game is beginning to piss me off. However, I've learned to take it with a load of salt. I now cringe every time I get a gold crystal, because I know it will be garbage.

Not spending a dime, so who really cares anyway. Back up over 4K lapis, after that horrendous disaster on the WoL banner. Yay for me!

Nah not for now and I might be inactive when DQ VII is released.

I have a bad habit of getting bored very easily. And I'm already at my limit. That's why I keep pulling eventho it was shit. Just to keep me excited. But seriously I really need new content ASAP.

I have 4 inactive friends. Wanna remove them but they're strong. Dual wield and stuff lol.

GARNET 5 star GET!

So far the half daily pulls have been giving me
Zidane
Amarant
Garnet
Kuja

My Marias, Bedile and Rydia say hi

Xion86

Okay got the mace, shield and all Star Quartz, still got loads of stock. Don't know if I should bother with the Trust Moogle or grab the other bits hmm. When does the event end?

Oh and Garland or Firon? :p

H3xum

How does limit break leveling work? It says level 1/20 but on the wiki it only shows three levels of power. Do you have to get to level 20 before you are technically level 2 of 3 on power?

That would be unattainable bananas if that were the case

leehom

Galuf and galuf...

Sometimes I wonder if what time you pull matters. Been getting the same pulls on both accounts too frequently.

Zafir

Daily pull was a Luna. X.x

Already have like 6 of her.
Okay got the mace, shield and all Star Quartz, still got loads of stock. Don't know if I should bother with the Trust Moogle or grab the other bits hmm. When does the event end?

Oh and Garland or Firon? :p

Event ends on Thursday. Well the gathering of mats ends then anyway. You can turn in your cakes until the following week I believe.

Rixa

Daily pull was a Luna. X.x

Already have like 6 of her.

Event ends on Thursday. Well the gathering of mats ends then anyway. You can turn in your cakes until the following week I believe.

Grats for your Luna :p. Atleast you get Barrage faster if you ever going to go to it.

Iam glad that it ends Thursday. Traveling abroad Thu - Sun and fairly sure I dont have much time to use hotel wlan :p.

c-murph

Shes cool

Sprite and animation are super fun

She isnt a bad unit in global by any means. I kind of wish 6 star and balancing around six star characters didnt spoil the meta so much

Its kind of shitty when you think about it

I got Bedile... Up to 20% TM with that one.

Hopefully, I can snatch her up in a Daily before the banner closes. I used up all my Freebies on the VI banner to get a full team of Lockes, Terra and Celes.

I'm cool with her not having 6*. I don't really look to much into that kind of thing right now. I just want my favorites and worry about beating content later when it happens. Odds are I'll just be able to get an OP Friend List to one hit kill most things.

Zafir

Grats for your Luna :p. Atleast you get Barrage faster if you ever going to go to it.

Iam glad that it ends Thursday. Traveling abroad Thu - Sun and fairly sure I dont have much time to use hotel wlan :p.

Thanks. I guess I should farm out a Barrage for my Vaan or something, lol.

Shes cool

Sprite and animation are super fun

She isnt a bad unit in global by any means. I kind of wish 6 star and balancing around six star characters didnt spoil the meta so much

Its kind of shitty when you think about it

Least Brave Exvius is pretty good for it in that they've buffed old characters to 6* as well as making new 6* able chars.

A lot of gacha games seem to release new power tiers of characters, without even bothering to go back and buff old units. Which means more $$$$$ needs to be spent.

Lyrian

However, I've learned to take it with a load of salt. I now cringe every time I get a gold crystal, because I know it will be garbage.

I've got the same viewpoint currently.

Collabs are a significant trap (they are in PAD as well), and I'm more than fine with not pulling during this banner to let lapis stockpiles recover.

Given that I've recently had not one, but two, streaks of 8+ garbage pulls before even getting an off-banner 3* character that can go to 5*, I'm almost immune at this point to bad pulls. I expect them, and if I get something different, then I am pleasantly surprised.

robertsan21 said:

GARNET 5 star GET!

Bah, jealous. Need one to partner with my Rydia.

Xion86 said:
When does the event end?

Materials stop dropping after Thursday the 14th. Baked cakes can be turned in for rewards until Thursday the 21st.

H3xum said:
How does limit break leveling work? It says level 1/20 but on the wiki it only shows three levels of power. Do you have to get to level 20 before you are technically level 2 of 3 on power?

That would be unattainable bananas if that were the case.

That's unfortunately fairly close to how the system works.

There are three power tiers for level breaks for rare summons (4 in JP, as 6*s are not out on Global yet).

3* can reach limit level 10.
4* can reach limit level 15.
5* can reach limit level 20.
(6* can reach limit level 25).

In the weird system in this game, the LB system generates a very steep penalty for awakening a unit early. This penalty is cumulative for every level that was not reached at the lower rarity before awakening.

A 4* unit has a 450 limit use penalty per level over 3*s.
A 5* unit has a 700 limit use penalty per level over 4*s. (1150 penalty over 3*s)
A 6* unit has a 950 limit use penalty per level over 5*s. (1650 penalty over 4*s, 2100 over 3*s)

Hence, leveling my 3* Rydia from level 9 to 10 (700 points) is CHEAPER than 4* Garnet's level 1 to 2 (300 + 450 penalty = 750).

Global is far, far, away from being at the point where raising limit break levels somewhat easily is even a possibility. JP just this week finally got a buff to a farming dungeon (that Global doesn't even have yet) that allowed limit burst post over the 100 point ones to finally be farmed (they are worth 3000 points each). So, maybe in 6-ish months, Global might be able to farm limits without being completely insane.

Fortunately, many of the early units in the game are not worth raising their LB level. The ones that are worth it are those that either provide an increasing percentage benefit to the party or against the enemy instead of just direct damage (ex: Cecil's defense buff, Exdeath's increased chance to land status debuffs) or as a more fringe case hastening the rate at filling the limit bar (Garnet, Rydia for esper trophy farming).

Zafir

I've had my 4* Cecil running with me while doing this event. Unfortunately I pulled him at 4* so I couldn't just farm it at 3*. I'm only just about to hit the level 2 limit. :|

Lyrian

That LB system is bullshit considering if you get your rare drop of a 4* or 5* character.

Completely agree with you. It is absolute bullshit.

For example, robertsan21's 5* Garnet pull will cost him (15 levels * 700 penalty) = 10500 extra limit break xp to reach the same point (limit level 16) that he could have obtained if he had drawn 4* Garnet.

Ten fucking thousand penalty for having the audacity to draw the rare version of Garnet.

/doublefacepalm

Someone wake me up when the 3k limit break pots reach global somewhere around February or March. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom