• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ourobolus

Banned
Anyone experiencing a little burn out after the mogcake event?

Might calm it down for a bit. Luckily Ios has let me set up a easy Tm farming macro.

Definitely. After today I'll be done with it though, so I'll spend my NRG TM grinding since macros can take care of that for me.

Kouriozan

I agree the event is too long for a crafting event, it gets tiring to play the game at certain time or else you lose precious cakes.
But I got all I wanted, and only 8 limit pots left to claim. I can stop now and don't miss much since I have all limited equips.

RedZaraki

Banned
So I got Nox installed on my laptop and set it up to auto-farm some Trust Mastery for me.

Thing is, I just kinda slapped together my own macro I just made. It seems to work okay, had it running for 4 hours yesterday. I cleared morning stuff today and left it running before work. We'll see what happens when I get home later.

Does anyone have a good "official" macro file for Earth Shrine? Or does everyone just make their own? It'd be cool if one could handle connection errors or the daily message popping up.

Yeah me either.

I believe you can just drop the file into the drectory where macros are stored but im not sure

https://mega.nz/#!2NZ2SSTC

That should be my macro file

Copy and paste it into this directory %LOCALAPPDATA%\Nox\record

And hope it pops up (i just have it named record 3)

Pbae

Diving ever deeper into the insidious ruins of Dirnado, our friends and a useless Lido venture in search of finest flour to pay tribute to the rotund Mog King. Enemy waves after wave are slaughtered by our Warriors of Light and Chaos. In this desperation, these sacred souls work hand in hand to bring resolution to the struggle of this unknown world. Though they might have been great spirits in their previous life, they still struggle to grasp the dangers of this new world.

Deeper into the chasm they are surrounded by a mob of volatile Grenades simply named A, B, and C. Our heroes automatically attack; cleaving through the swarm as if instinct! Yet, their mana dwindles and in a moment of hesitation, party member Xiao's furious knuckles manages to only graze her opponent leaving it with one last attack. This will be her final move, her first and last mistake. In an instant, an explosion can be seen. A flash of light, the smell of burning flesh. Xiao is down.

Clenching his teeth, the stalwart Zidane starts vividly glowing. Enraged that he was unable to protect another friend his limit is reached. Visions of his past engulf him. Memories of Kuja when he wasn't a scrub. Memories of Garnet, when she had some purpose! It all converges in this moment, and with a faint whisper it can be heard..."grand...LETHAL!"
A grand swirl of fluorescent pink light encases Zidane. In moments, a large ever encompassing explosion the likes this world has never seen! So momentous, so incredible devastating the power of his Limit Break that a torrent of pure rage washes over not one but all the enemies.

As the dust clears, the party emerges. The color from Zidane leaves his body so that only a gently smirk remains. He has given everything for his remaining party members... but...it is not enough. The enemy Grenades still stand with just vapors remaining of its health; it seems that you've only done marginal damage even though your attack animation is the length of the critical acclaimed, Spirits Within. BOOM. Game Over.

Pejo

Diving ever deeper into the insidious ruins of Dirnado, our friends and a useless Lido venture in search of finest flour to pay tribute to the rotund Mog King. Enemy waves after wave are slaughtered by our Warriors of Light and Chaos. In this desperation, these sacred souls work hand in hand to bring resolution to the struggle of this unknown world. Though they might have been great spirits in their previous life, they still struggle to grasp the dangers of this new world.

Deeper into the chasm they are surrounded by a mob of volatile Grenades simply named A, B, and C. Our heroes automatically attack; cleaving through the swarm as if instinct! Yet, their mana dwindles and in a moment of hesitation, party member Xiao's furious knuckles manages to only graze her opponent leaving it with one last attack. This will be her final move, her first and last mistake. In an instant, an explosion can be seen. A flash of light, the smell of burning flesh. Xiao is down.

Clenching his teeth, the stalwart Zidane starts vividly glowing. Enraged that he was unable to protect another friend his limit is reached. Visions of his past engulf him. Memories of Kuja when he wasn't a scrub. Memories of Garnet, when she had some purpose! It all converges in this moment, and with a faint whisper it can be heard..."grand...LETHAL!"
A grand swirl of fluorescent pink light encases Zidane. In moments, a large ever encompassing explosion the likes this world has never seen! So momentous, so incredible devastating the power of his Limit Break that a torrent of pure rage washes over not one but all the enemies.

As the dust clears, the party emerges. The color from Zidane leaves his body so that only a gently smirk remains. He has given everything for his remaining party members... but...it is not enough. The enemy Grenades still stand with just vapors remaining of its health; it seems that you've only done marginal damage even though your attack animation is the length of the critical acclaimed, Spirits Within. BOOM. Game Over.

Well written! I, too, hate when I auto the 3x grenade battles and this happens. I pretty much keep a full esper bar and just tap on Shiva when I see more than 1 bomb in a group now. It works pretty well.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It will run eather shrine and use up 1 nrg every 5 minutes

Just burn all your energy and set ut and forget it overnight

It will get through any connection and daily pop ups

Thats sounds cool - i would like to give it a try.

Is the link still active ? Its asking for a download key or something lol.

J0dy77

I'm really starting to enjoy the game after this last event and trying to do the more indirect items. What's the best use of Magic Key's? I've got 4 of them and trying to decide what chests to open.

Valentus

Interview with Brave Exvius Producers

Taken from reddit:

-No current plans for it to go to any other systems (PC, 3ds etc) but it's something they'd love to do eventually

-Talk about "favorite character polls" and adding them as summons.

-Possibility for a FF15 event upon launch but nothing concrete

-Global will be getting an exclusive Halloween event that wasn't done in JP

-They compared it to the swimsuit event held recently in JP as well as the valentines event.

-Brave Frontier collab confirmed along with the FF IV and FFT events

-Lighting banner "very soon"

-Pvp confirmed for global

-SE will continue to make premium games but feels like the mobile community prefers F2P (so so very wrong)

-Looking for more ways to make people want to give the game a dollar or two instead of relying on whales to keep it afloat.

H3xum

What's the step after hero ring?

How many quests do you have to complete for the recipe/are the stats 20%/what mats are required?

Valonquar

Yep, it's 50/60/70 for the next 3 ring steps. That reddit thread that did the math on how long it takes to make ONE Exceed Ring is daunting to say the least.

Every time a person on my FL has Fencer I die a little inside. Then get tempted to pay money for some lapis to try and (fail) to summon her.

Then I come to my senses.

chrono01

Every time a person on my FL has Fencer I die a little inside. Then get tempted to pay money for some lapis to try and (fail) to summon her.

Then I come to my senses.
I love her art/sprite more than anything else. It's why I want her so bad. :(

I'm not doing my daily pulls though, since you can't earn enough from in-game content to pull each day without going into the negative. I want to save my Lapis/Tickets for characters that are future-proof. As nice as Fencer is right now, eventually she will become outdated (not having a 6* evolution), although that TM will always be useful.

Personally, I'm waiting for the above-mentioned Global-exclusive Halloween character. If it's anything like Brave Frontier was, Global-exclusive units are pretty damn powerful. I'll also pull on standard banners with character rate-up's (like Cecil, Warrior of Light, etc. I NEED A TANK!), but I'll probably pass on the Facebook banner since I only need WoL form it (have all of the rest). I'm trying to be as patient as I can with my Lapis-pulls, since I know (eventually) it'll become more and more difficult to obtain some without opening your wallet.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So if the three events are coming.

FFIV - I have no reason to roll on this one. Already got Cecil and the rest leave a lot of be desired.

FFBF - So this is the Tilith banner. While the other two suck, good news is the other two are also 4* base. So it makes rolling on it a pretty good idea.

FFT - I would assume Orlandu isn't being included the first time through. So it doesn't seem particularly worth it to me.

Feels like the only banner I'll be giving it a shot at will be the FFBF

So if the three events are coming.

FFIV - I have no reason to roll on this one. Already got Cecil and the rest leave a lot of be desired.

FFBF - So this is the Tilith banner. While the other two suck, good news is the other two are also 4* base. So it makes rolling on it a pretty good idea.

FFT - I would assume Orlandu isn't being included the first time through. So it doesn't seem particularly worth it to me.

Feels like the only banner I'll be giving it a shot at will be the FFBF

Bro

... BRO! Its FF Fucking T

You have to collect them all on principle alone! :p

Folstern

Bro

... BRO! Its FF Fucking T

You have to collect them all on principle alone! :p
Nah, man. You gotta keep up to date on the power-creep and only roll for characters that the JP community deems appropriate for the meta. To do otherwise would be insane. It's all about numbers. You gotta have the highest numbers!!

tuffymon

Yep, it's 50/60/70 for the next 3 ring steps. That reddit thread that did the math on how long it takes to make ONE Exceed Ring is daunting to say the least.

I think that's outdated now, with having coast and forge as newer farming spots that overlap most mega's (no light/dark). It'll still suck~ but its not nearly as bad as originally established. Please correct me if wrong...

Nah, man. You gotta keep up to date on the power-creep and only roll for characters that the JP community deems appropriate for the meta. To do otherwise would be insane. It's all about numbers. You gotta have the highest numbers!!

Yeah

Im pulling hard for those guys

Gotta have my faves. I can TM surge anyone who falls behind so whatever

scarlet

I guess we're gonna get our 1st 6* at the FF IV event. And afterwards the beginning of 6* banners

The 1st FFT banner has great TMs IIRC

I think that's outdated now, with having coast and forge as newer farming spots that overlap most mega's (no light/dark). It'll still suck~ but its not nearly as bad as originally established. Please correct me if wrong...
The main problem is the unique material you need to get that randomly comes from crafting the other three rings. I think all of the posts that tried to total up the cost of going for exceed rings put the chance of getting those materials at 20%, but the actual chance of getting them is far lower than that. Pretty much no one goes for exceed rings, including whales. You'll get a better return just farming TMs.

Ironically, the people I've seen pushing this notion the most are people who don't even play JP or people who've been playing for like a couple of weeks or something. Seems like everytime I read someone analyzing JP units or future awakenings, you'll have like 3 or 4 people who actually know what they're talking about with the rest just blindly following Altema ratings or something (most of them don't even know the basis as to why the units have the ratings they do, they just look at the numbers...).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I guess we're gonna get our 1st 6* at the FF IV event. And afterwards the beginning of 6* banners

The 1st FFT banner has great TMs IIRC

I did take a peak.

Delta has another Excalibur quality sword, yet he is a 5*. And Ramza has the 15% Attack Magic, but again 5*. I've already left hope of ever getting a 5*, so at best, I'd rather settle for a 4*

chrono01

I saw people getting Fencer with their daily pulls (both here and other forums), felt lucky, did my half-off daily...and no luck. I did get Golbez, who's new at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom