• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

Finally got Siren lvl2, im leveling up for getting skills

I dont plan to honor summon in this event. I prefer to save friend points for trust moogles in the future.

dragn

i hope we get those 10 summon tickets, im rerolling jp with nox script and just got snow exdeath garland rydia and 2 other 5* new chars

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I feel like the game is registering only like 10% of my facebook friends, if that. Any way to fix that?

All of your facebook friends play the game ? I dont how it works but i would assume it only adds/shows people playing the game.

dragn

yea facebook friends are bugged, i got it to the 3rd lapis reward and now its back to the 2nd. over 100 players added

Euphor!a

Banned
All of your facebook friends play the game ? I dont how it works but i would assume it only adds/shows people playing the game.

Well the facebook account I made was specifically for the game, and it is in a couple of groups dedicated to the game. So I assume they all play the game, but who knows.

cw_sasuke

Well the facebook account I made was specifically for the game, and it is in a couple of groups dedicated to the game. So I assume they all play the game, but who knows.

Ah okay that makes sense - thought you were talking about your personal FB account.

Rootbeer

Banned
The A3 boss is pretty hard compared to all previous bosses.

I read poison and blind can help. I don't have a blind unit though. Guess I gotta start using more FP.

The A3 boss is pretty hard compared to all previous bosses.

I read poison and blind can help. I don't have a blind unit though. Guess I gotta start using more FP.

I had that same struggle.
My current team is 5* 41/80 Cecil, 4* MAX Lasswell, 4* MAX Rain, 4* MAX Krile, 4* MAX Bedile. I can't beat the A3 boss. His AoE blind completely decimates me and the team's magic is too weak to kill him.

After some good advice, I changed up some accessories, crafted Blind and was victorious. I cruised through the rest of the A ranks and just hit S1. I imagine the difficulty will be ramping up shortly.

Rootbeer

Banned
Alright... I didn't know there was a Blind spell in one of those chests. Just got a key for it.

We'll see how this goes now

Rootbeer

Banned
Ehh something is wrong. I'm tempted to just quit this game now, because I think something is somehow bugged.

So, all my main team is maxed out. I'm bored, and want to experiment with some new units. i have over about 2500 lapis and decided, why not? And before anyone says blah blah don't spend your lapis, yeah, I get it. But if I ran out of in-game currency and liked the game, no problem, I just buy more currency. I'm that kind of player.

Preface this by saying my very first lapis pull was Kain and he's been my main unit on this account.

So, I do a 500 lapis pull and it gives me a Kain. Annoying, and I figured it was just bad luck.

Frustrated a bit, I say fine, I'll just pull again. Gives me Kain again.

At this point I just close the game. But then I thought, hmm, would the game really give me the same unit... AGAIN? what are the odds?

Third pull. Another Kain.

Well, fuck.

bonkeng

Hmm, it's surprising there's no party cost limit in FFBE.

First time i've played a gatcha game without it. Is this also the case with Brave Frontier?

Shirke

Hmm, it's surprising there's no party cost limit in FFBE.

First time i've played a gatcha game without it. Is this also the case with Brave Frontier?

Brave Frontier does have a party cost limit, at rank 135 you can have enough cost equip 4 6 star units and 1 seven star unit.

Shouta

Ehh something is wrong. I'm tempted to just quit this game now, because I think something is somehow bugged.

So, all my main team is maxed out. I'm bored, and want to experiment with some new units. i have over about 2500 lapis and decided, why not? And before anyone says blah blah don't spend your lapis, yeah, I get it. But if I ran out of in-game currency and liked the game, no problem, I just buy more currency. I'm that kind of player.

Preface this by saying my very first lapis pull was Kain and he's been my main unit on this account.

So, I do a 500 lapis pull and it gives me a Kain. Annoying, and I figured it was just bad luck.

At this point I just close the game. But then I thought, hmm, would the game really give me the same unit... AGAIN? what are the odds?

Well, fuck.

You should grind their trust master to get gungnir then!

linkent

That's really not something I care about doing at this point. I wanted something new. It's really disheartening to me that it would happen 3x in a row.
That is Gacha game.
What happened to me this week is even worst.
Bleach 1650 orbs (63 pulls for 1 5*)
One Piece 50 gems (10pulls for 9 dupe 1 new 0legend)
GBF 45 pulls 0 SSR

Cant imagine how i will handle if couldnt get Gogeta with 550 in dokkan battle.

Time to quit all gacha games.

cw_sasuke

This game is still in softlaunch mode so there is no need to overreact. Then again if 3 unlucky pulls outside of an event are already bothering you this might not be the game for you.

Also having multiple Cain units isn't the worst thing in the word, considering how man enemies are Dragons in the game... with 2-3 Cains + Dragon Slayer you should be able to clean up some stages. There are way worse pulls then Cain.

Rootbeer

Banned
Not even a hint of empathy? The stockholm syndrome is strong.

I think I am reacting justly, thanks. It's clearly broken.

I've seen worse pulls on reddit, too. But the mods have removed some of the images showing really bad pulls due to "low quality content"... right

Falk

that puzzling face

Before you make some sweeping generalizations you have to realize that many of us are vets that have been around long enough to see absurd streaks and strokes of luck (good or bad). Not necessarily in BE, but at least with other gacha games.

It might or might not be. I think disappointment with something like that is completely justified, but let's not jump to conclusions. If low probabilities never happened no one would win the lottery.

I've seen worse pulls on reddit, too. But the mods have removed some of the images showing really bad pulls due to "low quality content"... right

And just like every gacha game, if everyone on reddit posted their shitty pulls it drowns out everything else.

also here is someone pulling Kimahri's spear (lol) three times on a FFRK festival, on stream because why not

This game is still in softlaunch mode so there is no need to overreact. Then again if 3 unlucky pulls outside of an event are already bothering you this might not be the game for you.

Gonna echo this advice. Not to sound snarky but if you have a low stomach for RNG, especially ones that affect your progression, you should avoid gacha games like the plague, regardless how well put together (or not) they are. That shit can eat at your soul.

won't deny stockholm syndrome - gacha is really a terrible mechanic to build games on yet here we are

Cybaster

Well, fuck.

Try 4 Kain, 1 Cecil? The enemy can only attack Cecil half of the time, and the other half, Cecil will protect them 30%(75% at 6*) of the time.

That reminds me of the pulls I did in the last FFRK fest. While failing to get a Wall, one of my pulls had 3 rainbow orbs. I got all excited, only to be greeted with 3 of Steiner's Ultima Sword
(I ended up with 6 total by the end of the banner)
. I was livid.

cw_sasuke

I mean it's all random... the same way a f2p will be able to pull 2 Top Tier units in 4 pulls the a pop whale might not pull a single food unit in +20 pulls. It sucks of course but that's the game, we know what we signed up to.

Comparison would be lottery numbers... they are also random BS and you would never say the numbers or system are broken because of ridiculous that got drafted.

At the end its all about expectations... if you pull 3 times outside of an event you are likely to get screwed over, also the unit pool is still relatively small so dupes are even more likely.

I also pulled a bunch of times already just to expand my Roster but it seems are easier satisfied than most Gaffers xD Yiu can't lose too much with lowered expectation - I'm happy for units like Vivi or Cyan... while not Top Tier they open up new skills/options for my whole gang. It also helps that you know the characters from the main game.

PS. I think you would be more pissed of you had pulled someone like Bedile... Kain will be getting a nice 5* version down the line.

Rixa

hope global catches up fast. jp is pretty fun, after the first island i had 5000k lapis and got cecil ;<
GieF me 10% of your Lapis thank you :).
PS. I think you would be more pissed of you had pulled someone like Bedile... Kain will be getting a nice 5* version down the line.

I decided I could use another gacha unit instead of Lasswell, thus having 5 gacha units in team to collect TM. Pulled once. Got Cyan (dupe), yeah not adding second Cyan for team :). Oh well rng is rng and I still got over 5k Lapis (baseline for me atleast til we get official release).

Dandte

We could ship your 3 kains with My 3 rydias. It really is rng, nothing more than that. I'm a vet optc player since day 1 And it Took me over 460 days to get My First legend. So far i pulled Every sugo at least one or two namis. Your pulls could really be worse, you Should be happy.

RalchAC

My tip is a combination of what Sasuke said and the fact that you are pulling too early.

Just wait a bit! The smaller the hacha pool the higher your chances go keep getting the same unit.

Being able to save your gems and pull only on the events where you think you're actually getting cool shit is the rule number one of the F2P players.

Soon we are getting 10 summon tickets, once the game launches. And there would be events with rate ups and stuff. Wait until then!

cw_sasuke

About to encounter Europa (i think).

Any think i should prepare for ? The last couple bosses all were immune to poison, paralyze/sleep etc. - i guess it the same with her.

Edit:

Oh wow...just tried and got destroyed real quick. Not even 1/4 of the HP down. Ouch....
I decided I could use another gacha unit instead of Lasswell, thus having 5 gacha units in team to collect TM. Pulled once. Got Cyan (dupe), yeah not adding second Cyan for team :). Oh well rng is rng and I still got over 5k Lapis (baseline for me atleast til we get official release).
Heh yeah - Cyan is probably not the dupe you wanna pull...xD
On my team he has been quite the MVP with Blade Bash though - really helps out to dominate/manage the mobs.

If leveling units wasnt such a drag i probably wouldnt mind another attacker with Blade Bash.
We could ship your 3 kains with My 3 rydias. It really is rng, nothing more than that. I'm a vet optc player since day 1 And it Took me over 460 days to get My First legend. So far i pulled Every sugo at least one or two namis. Your pulls could really be worse, you Should be happy.

At least here you actually can use dupes in your team - in OPTC you only can have a single version of a character in your group ...making it quite worse.

Soon we are getting 10 summon tickets, once the game launches. And there would be events with rate ups and stuff. Wait until then!

...yep, thats the main point as well - no matter how much you screw up yet we all are getting 10 free Premium Pulls down the line anyway. If you really get nothing useful after that 10-pull during an event...okay yeah than you probably should be pissed xD

Valentus

dude, i pulled 5 lunas. Can you imagine how i feel? lol.

But, instead i look to the good side. I can farm those 5 lunas to get rampage, one of the best phys skills in the game.

And, i have 5 kains too. And i gonna farm them to get gungnir.

Now, imagine a Kain with gungnir, rampage and ifrit lvl 40. That's the good thing about this game. Any unit can be powercreep with TMs

Visceir

Beat the A3 boss just now. Was somewhat easy with the anti poison/blind ring and glasses. Rather curious how my team will do vs S5 boss, but I'll still got long a long way to go, I guess.

I'd be stoked if I had pulled 4 Kains, haha. Would so get that Gungnir. 90 atk weapon yes please.

Don't pull during no rate-up expecting good results. I guess this is also why rerolling is somewhat important. It's the only time when you really have control over what you'll get.

You guys think we'll actually hit that milestone?

We'll get it for sure

Edit: Using 10 tickets when there's no rate-up will probably get you 3 more rydias, 2 bediles, penelo and 4 more Kains tho. Just have some self control, lol.

Valentus

About to encounter Europa (i think).

Any think i should prepare for ? The last couple bosses all were immune to poison, paralyze/sleep etc. - i guess it the same with her.

Edit:

Oh wow...just tried and got destroyed real quick. Not even 1/4 of the HP down. Ouch....

Heh yeah - Cyan is probably not the dupe you wanna pull...xD
On my team he has been quite the MVP with Blade Bash though - really helps out to dominate/manage the mobs.

If leveling units wasnt such a drag i probably wouldnt mind another attacker with Blade Bash.

At least here you actually can use dupes in your team - in OPTC you only can have a single version of a character in your group ...making it quite worse.

...yep, thats the main point as well - no matter how much you screw up yet we all are getting 10 free Premium Pulls down the line anyway. If you really get nothing useful after that 10-pull during an event...okay yeah than you probably should be pissed xD

I defeated europa with this lineup:

Vaan lvl 80
Terra lvl 75
Cyan lvl 60
Edgar lvl 60
Kuja lvl 37

Kuja used barthundara and thundaga
Cyan spammed blade bash
Edgar used sunray and chainsaw
Terra used firaga the first turn and then just cura lol
Vaan with the full break and raging fists

I was very lucky but barthundara and full break made europa attacks not devastating.

Kouriozan

Only a few mystic ores left and Exdeath will be my first 5stars units.
He seems pretty OP at 6 stars with double cast Meteor, but we've got a lot of time before it drops.

forgrim

I defeated europa with this lineup:

Vaan lvl 80
Terra lvl 75
Cyan lvl 60
Edgar lvl 60
Kuja lvl 37

Kuja used barthundara and thundaga
Cyan spammed blade bash
Edgar used sunray and chainsaw
Terra used firaga the first turn and then just cura lol
Vaan with the full break and raging fists

I was very lucky but barthundara and full break made europa attacks not devastating.

Dont think its doable with my core team of cecil rain lasswell anzelm and maria, just too much dmg, and dont think i can use friend point fillins... guess this is where i stop til i cam roll some premium units, probably focus on ifrit and siren 2.

Game needs to laaaaaunch

Visceir

With Vaan you could further lower his attacks by casting Focus and get that party +40% SPR bonus,

Decided to do a pull to fill in the last spot and gor Krile, another healer might not be such a bad thing. Will focus on leveling rank instead of her though until I actually get stuck on a boss.

Kouriozan

Game needs to laaaaaunch
Yes, I want to finally be able to make purchases, I'm sad I missed the early bird bundle, I even looked for some Sweden iTunes gift cards but no luck.
Hoping for a launch promotion.

By the way, I heard colosseum is getting replaced by PvP down the line, so we should rush it to get everything?

Visceir

Yes, I want to finally be able to make purchases, I'm sad I missed the early bird bundle, I even looked for some Sweden iTunes gift cards but no luck.
Hoping for a launch promotion.

By the way, I heard colosseum is getting replaced by PvP down the line, so we should rush it to get everything?

Colosseum is still there. Just when you tap on the Colosseum icon you'll get pvp first and then have to tap another icon to get to colosseum.

Yu Narukami

I wanted to reroll my JP account but I only got one ticket in the beginning. One month ago I think I got 10 tickets when I started a new game.

blackflag

Help who should I work on next?

Terra 5. lvl55
Shantotto 4 Max
Rosellia 4. Lvl 37
Kain 3 lvl 37
Anzelm 3. Max
Rain 3 max
Laswell 3 max
Rydia 3 lvl1
Bedile 3. Lvl1
Galuf 3. Lvl1
Penelo 3 lvl1

Really should have stopped wasting all these free lapis.

Euphor!a

Banned
So I've been selling some fresh accounts, but I wanted to start clearing out some boxes since they are piling up. So if anyone is interested I'm giving away a few fresh accounts. I have a 3 star Cloud of Darkness, a 3 star Bartz and a 3 star Exdeath I'm looking to get rid of.

If you're interested in any one of those 3 just send me a PM of which you are interested in and the info of the facebook account you want it attached to.

All this talk about pulling make me want to.

Gonna do a single pull right now.

Got a second Edgar who came in as a four star. I got all excited for a moment. Do I combine them or level another to put two in my team?

Lmao did three more pulls because whatever I don't care any more. Got Sabin, Fran and......... Another Edgar!!!!

Hit Rank 25 earlier today.

Was stuck on S4 but I JUST beat it. Poison and Paralyze really helped.

Currently, I'm leveling up Duane (Dark Knight). He's LV 52, 5* right now. Going through Chamber of Experience ADV. After that, I'll level up Lasswell. He's at LV 46, 5*.

Ifrit is LV 18, 2*. I put him with Duane when leveling but other times, I attach him with Edgar. I have Raging Fist and Beast Killer. Will aim for Plant Killer and ATK + 60 then decide where to go from there.

1600 Lapis and I think I've pulled maybe 4 or 5 times total? Trying to save them but I end up recovering energy, but all this talk about pulling also makes me want to try my luck, lol

Definitely looking forward to future content.

Valentus

All this talk about pulling make me want to.

Gonna do a single pull right now.

Got a second Edgar who came in as a four star. I got all excited for a moment. Do I combine them or level another to put two in my team?

Lmao did three more pulls because whatever I don't care any more. Got Sabin, Fran and......... Another Edgar!!!!

you should farm with a team of the 3 of them to get his TM

Help who should I work on next?

Terra 5. lvl55
Shantotto 4 Max
Rosellia 4. Lvl 37
Kain 3 lvl 37
Anzelm 3. Max
Rain 3 max
Laswell 3 max
Rydia 3 lvl1
Bedile 3. Lvl1
Galuf 3. Lvl1
Penelo 3 lvl1

Really should have stopped wasting all these free lapis.

Try to max terra. Graviga and Raise are nice pulls, and she could be a nice magic damage user with firaga.

Then if you only have that units, max Laswell. He with Murasame and Ifrit should be your main nuker (210+ atk).

Your team could be a solid Terra, Laswell, Roselia, Kain, Shantotto.

blackflag

you should farm with a team of the 3 of them to get his TM

Try to max terra. Graviga and Raise are nice pulls, and she could be a nice magic damage user with firaga.

Then if you only have that units, max Laswell. He with Murasame and Ifrit should be your main nuker (210+ atk).

Your team could be a solid Terra, Laswell, Roselia, Kain, Shantotto.

Thanks! Yeah I'm maxing her then trying to figure out who is next. I didn't actually know she gets graviga. Guess it's Laswell.

Dawg

What's a good place to farm God's Reliquary and Scripture of Time?

It's all I need for my first 5* character, Medius :$

What's a good place to farm God's Reliquary and Scripture of Time?

It's all I need for my first 5* character, Medius :$

I think you can get both stealing from colosseum C5 (T-rexes have God's Reliquaries for sure), with the bonus that you can also stock up on Heaven's Ash for other characters' 4* and 5*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom