• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yu Narukami

This game is trying so hard not to give me the last mystic ore that they are now dropping items I have never seen before in my entire time since launch.

...how the hell does a bird drop a DRAGON'S HEART? Im also realizing now that there is no consistentcy between what drops what. Sometimes I get metal parts/flowers from ghouls and shit.

Yeah I hate it that a monster can drop one of 10 different items, same with their stolen items.

Kouriozan

Upgraded my friend list to the max with Lapis, we're not getting rates up event until official launch and then we'll get 10 free summon tickets anyway.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think that's the next area. I sometimes get then as trust rewards but it's very random

Oh okay...good to know - thought i had missed some obvious farming spot. Guess we will all have to wait.
Upgraded my friend list to the max with Lapis, we're not getting rates up event until official launch and then we'll get 10 free summon tickets anyway.
Sound like the right decision.
What is the Friend max....100 ?

Visceir

Maxed Garland -- 247 atk. Was hoping for more :eek:

I can probably still hit 300 with +10 atk accessories, some extra atk from headgear/armor and with ifrit maxed.

RalchAC

Today my Heaven Ash stuggles became worth it. I hit a really nice lucky streak.

1. Got 3 Heaven Ashes in an Vortex INT run.
2. Got another Heaven Ash in the next run.
3. Thanks to those drops I evolved both Rain and Lasswell to 4* (finally).
4. Used the 10 Moustache Cactuars I had saved on them.
5. Got a Great Success twice.
6. Both are over level 50.

Yu Narukami

Today my Heaven Ash stuggles became worth it. I hit a really nice lucky streak.

1. Got 3 Heaven Ashes in an Vortex INT run.
2. Got another Heaven Ash in the next run.
3. Thanks to those drops I evolved both Rain and Lasswell to 4* (finally).
4. Used the 10 Moustache Cactuars I had saved on them.
5. Got a Great Success twice.
6. Both are over level 50.

Now you need 16 Heaven Ashes for both 5*.

Vex_

Banned
Yes, you can add 100 slots max, with rank up bonuses it should be 130 friends.

you can already go over the friends limit with facebook friends. Ive been doing this so far. currently 52/32.

Edit: ALSO IS HE TALKING TO ME???!!

FP5SFzQl.jpg

Wtf??!

Now you need 16 Heaven Ashes for both 5*.

I know this struggle well. One more and I will have the 16 needed to 5* Rain and Lasswell. This is also after I just 5* Cecil which I believe took 10 of them. Basically it's been 2 weeks of farming Heaven's Ashes. At least I now have a ton of other rare materials that will be used when I get some characters that awaken with those.

Any reason I'd want to keep some old gear ?
(for a quest, mat req, etc.)

Starting to get full on it. Not sure if worth upgrading that box for future.

Rixa

^^ I decided, when I get Steal trophy done I use that 500 to slots. Going to use them prolly Unit & Item slots, since I have already 115 friend slots.

Poor Abhorrent One (S4 boss): Stunned, poisoned, full breaked. Was easy fight, poison did 14k damage per turn (wasnt poisoned all the fight tho). I think in BE poison ticks 10% hp per turn.
I have mats to awaken Cyan to 4* but not sure if I do it yet. Cause it eats 3 Earth Cores and I only have 6 of them.

^^ I decided, when I get Steal trophy done I use that 500 to slots. Going to use them prolly Unit & Item slots, since I have already 115 friend slots.

Poor Abhorrent One (S4 boss): Stunned, poisoned, full breaked. Was easy fight, poison did 14k damage per turn (wasnt poisoned all the fight tho). I think in BE poison ticks 10% hp per turn.

I have mats to awaken Cyan to 4* but not sure if I do it yet. Cause it eats 3 Earth Cores and I only have 6 of them.

Yeah thats cuz status effects are hard locked at lasting 3 turns

Would be nice if infliction was variable and based on character stats

That saidits a simple game and its already kind of unbalanced as it is lol

Rixa

Yeah thats cuz status effects are hard locked at lasting 3 turns

Would be nice if infliction was variable and based on character stats

That saidits a simple game and its already kind of unbalanced as it is lol

And thats why Shantotto was casting Bio every turn. Success rate is somewhere 10-20% I think(?). Bio Blaster would be nice but meh dont wanna pull for Biggs.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Game's lovely, but the movement in dungeons and towns is terrible :(

Touch controls for sprite-based games never seems to work properly.

Game's lovely, but the movement in dungeons and towns is terrible :(

Touch controls for sprite-based games never seems to work properly.

I love the exploration stuff, but yeah it took some getting used to. Once I got used to swiping to automatically move in that direction it became a lot easier. Definitely better than constantly tapping or holding the direction I want to go.

Brazil

SE should've used Kingdom Hearts UX's engine for the exploration maps.
It's pretty fluid in that game.

It kinda sucks that Square has completely different teams and developers working in each of their hundred gacha games. It seems to me that they don't talk to each other at all.

So on the main map I have the "NEXT" arrow of Lodin Port, but all I seem to find is side quests to do.

What exactly am I supposed to be doing?
If you've already beaten Ifrit then you are done with the current content. If not, then talk to one of the guys in the area with the boats to do a quest that will allow you to board the ship and get to the Volcano.

Visceir

It kinda sucks that Square has completely different teams and developers working in each of their hundred gacha games. It seems to me that they don't talk to each other at all.

Ironically FFBE just recently adapted the KHU mission challenges system where you got lapis each time you completed a stage with specific criterias.

I'm rather glad they don't share much, last thing I'd want is all games to feel/look the same. I also vastly prefer FFBE looks over KHU's.

Rahvar

I love the exploration stuff, but yeah it took some getting used to. Once I got used to swiping to automatically move in that direction it became a lot easier. Definitely better than constantly tapping or holding the direction I want to go.

I much prefer to use the virtual d-pad option for this game

RalchAC

Did 2 pulls. Got Russell and Clyne. Both are mediocre units, but unless he doesn't have Cura, Clyne should be much better as a healer than my 2* friend pull White Mage.

Ironically FFBE just recently adapted the KHU mission challenges system where you got lapis each time you completed a stage with specific criterias.

I'm rather glad they don't share much, last thing I'd want is all games to feel/look the same. I also vastly prefer FFBE looks over KHU's.

I prefer KHUX movement, tbh. I've got used to the D-Pad, but it feels a bit weird.

Blazed

Hey all, I recently decided to max my friend slots , so anyone with a free slot , you're welcome to use my 5 star Bartz :p. My ID is 020180865

RalchAC

Best spots for Esper's Tears and Talmonite of life?

Not having much luck for these in vortex.

I get a lot of them doing the Granshelt Catacombs - Exit. Or however that city is named lol.

The fact that it has the best EXP to Stamina ratio just makes the deal even more enticing.

Edit:I think that stage drops Esper's Tears, it might be Esper's something else. I don't know about Talmonite of Life.

Rootbeer

Banned
I just need 1 more heaven's ash and all of my main team will be at max stars... for now.

time to recruit some more characters and start boosting them.

Brazil

I agree that they should keep stuff like art style apart, but it'd be for the best if they could share at least interface know-how.

I mean, I couldn't play more than an hour of Record Keeper because of its shitty, clunky interface, despite loving the game's concept. Meanwhile, Uχ's interface is delicious.

fester

Banned
Started playing a couple days ago but having very little luck. The best I've been able to pull is a 4* Sabin (which isn't even listed as one of the top options). Getting tired of rerolling and worry that I'm going to get sick of the game before I even get started. Is a 5* top character really worth all this trouble up front?

forgrim

must admit, game is getting pretty boring without release (s-4, white dragon dead)

only really things to do is farm for ifrit2/siren2 and try to beat s-5, which is most likely impossible for my team (cecil, anzelm, maria, rain, lasswell, all max star, and almost all max leveled, with a paralyzer and poisoner friend point units)

the events so far have been really lackluster (cactuar and this stupid exploaration one), so hoping it releases soon so more things to do.

Vex_

Banned
must admit, game is getting pretty boring without release (s-4, white dragon dead)

only really things to do is farm for ifrit2/siren2 and try to beat s-5, which is most likely impossible for my team (cecil, anzelm, maria, rain, lasswell, all max star, and almost all max leveled, with a paralyzer and poisoner friend point units)

the events so far have been really lackluster (cactuar and this stupid exploaration one), so hoping it releases soon so more things to do.

Why did you feel the cactuar event was lackluster? Like, how could that event even be done better? A potential to get 60k-90k exp per run isn't lackluster imho.

forgrim

Why did you feel the cactuar event was lackluster? Like, how could that event even be done better? A potential to get 60k-90k exp per run isn't lackluster imho.

lackluster probably isn't the word for the event, its so early, i pretty much maxed out my core team so didn't really need to run it after filling my unit limit with cactuars.

Vex_

Banned
lackluster probably isn't the word for the event, its so early, i pretty much maxed out my core team so didn't really need to run it after filling my unit limit with cactuars.

Oh. Yea. That'll do it. It is very easy to reach the "end" of the current game and max out your mains so you have nothing else to do.

This is why I try not go ham like i know i could lol.

blackflag

I get a lot of them doing the Granshelt Catacombs - Exit. Or however that city is named lol.

The fact that it has the best EXP to Stamina ratio just makes the deal even more enticing.

Edit:I think that stage drops Esper's Tears, it might be Esper's something else. I don't know about Talmonite of Life.

It drops Esper's shard. Still no luck with the tears in a long while on advanced. Just need 2 more.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
spent 6 summon tickets and got 2 lunas, Shadow, Rydia, and Vivi.
now I hate myself :(

Vivi and Rydia will be useful down the line - Rydia already has a 5* version in JPN and Vivi will likely also get one. Those are good pulls.

Rixa

Bundles are back and they are really bad. Magicite event has started. Next week we have new event.

Remember to do Mondays friend point shares after event has started (even tho they say its only for friends in battle, you never know about Gumi).

Edit: I did run ADV Magicite 3 times (autobattle worked ok), drop rate aint great, got around 2 Megacites per run and 2-3 magicites. I have 60 nrg inbox and I will use them to rank exp rather than Magicite vortex. Those Megacites are for Espers that I dont have (different elements) thus saving them.

So it may better to run Grandsheld Catacombs - Exit (GC-E) for rank exp rather than Magicite Vortex.

Yu Narukami

Bundles are back and they are really bad. Magicite event has started. Next week we have new event.

Remember to do Mondays friend point shares after event has started (even tho they say its only for friends in battle, you never know about Gumi).

Edit: I did run ADV Magicite 3 times (autobattle worked ok), drop rate aint great, got around 2 Megacites per run and 2-3 magicites. I have 60 nrg inbox and I will use them to rank exp rather than Magicite vortex. Those Megacites are for Espers that I dont have (different elements) thus saving them.

So it may better to run Grandsheld Catacombs - Exit (GC-E) for rank exp rather than Magicite Vortex.

I may regret it later but I'm putting everything on Ifrit except the blue ones. You "only" lose 50% bonus.

Visceir

The more time goes by the more generous all those magicite events will get. Eventually all the other events will be dropping magicite too.

Currently in the JP FFT event I'm getting 4 - 5 large magicite with each run and have hundreds of them.

If you've already beaten Ifrit then you are done with the current content. If not, then talk to one of the guys in the area with the boats to do a quest that will allow you to board the ship and get to the Volcano.

That was it, thanks. I didn't talk to the boy to unlock the Volcano.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom