• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

My daily pull. Blue crystal...to GOLD...

Juggler.

Not Fencer, who I was after, but a banner unit so I can't complain. The TM seems useful, anyway.

Whizkid7

There's stuff I still want to get (the shield, mostly) but I'm totally checked out of this event now, pretty horrible idea for an event and not fun at all.

Maybe it's just me, since I was barely through the second island, but this event was a great incentive to plow through to the end of the current story and enjoy the game again after I'd felt turned off from wasting so much lapis to try and get WoL. Not to mention that being that far back meant the event rewards were considerable upgrades for my characters. Plus Dwarf Forge has been a solid source of XP for them.

Lyrian

Whoah what? Is this his 6* form or just a random Kuja buff?

Buff to Thundaga, in his 5* form.

Newest JP patch, which allows certain characters to upgrade certain skills with new materials. More character buffs will be added over time with future patches.

Upgrade list from 1st wave of ability buffs --> Here

Iceman829

Wednesday the 21st is the final day for mogcake redemptions.

Ah okay. I knew it was sometime next week. I think I have about an extra 12 or so mogcake 8hr recipes to cook after the event expires. I'll decide what's worth picking up on the list then.

Right now I'm trying to hustle Chizuru up to lvl 80 so I can try and beat Intangir before that event runs out as well. I'm thinking I might be able to do it with Cod, Chizuru, Kefka, Terra and I guess Golbez. I can borrow a maxed out WoL or a 416 damage Chizuru. The last time I tried my team was weaker and I had Zidane in the lineup

Ah okay. I knew it was sometime next week. I think I have about an extra 12 or so mogcake 8hr recipes to cook after the event expires. I'll decide what's worth picking up on the list then.

Right now I'm trying to hustle Chizuru up to lvl 80 so I can try and beat Intangir before that event runs out as well. I'm thinking I might be able to do it with Cod, Chizuru, Kefka, Terra and I guess Golbez. I can borrow a maxed out WoL or a 416 damage Chizuru. The last time I tried my team was weaker and I had Zidane in the lineup

Intangir isn't a timed event is it? Thought it was just a Trial and will always be there.

creid

I'm pretty sure Intangir is here to stay, not a limited time thing.

Zafir

Been super slack this week with mogcakes, but finally finished the last two main things. (HP/MP +)

Any left overs are probably just going to go into the magicite. I did grab quite a bit but not all. Besides that there's only really limit potions of importance which I haven't already bought, but they're just so expensive for what they are.

Doubt I'll be farming in BE for a bit unless the next event is amazing. Rather tired of explorations for the time being, need a break. :p

chrono01

Been super slack this week with mogcakes, but finally finished the last two main things. (HP/MP +)

Any left overs are probably just going to go into the magicite. I did grab quite a bit but not all. Besides that there's only really limit potions of importance which I haven't already bought, but they're just so expensive for what they are.

Doubt I'll be farming in BE for a bit unless the next event is amazing. Rather tired of explorations for the time being, need a break. :p
I agree completely.

I'm actually excited to go back to doing simple magicite runs, or running through the coast/forge for more Megacrysts, and not needing to clear the place of all encounters. I have quite a few Fire/Ice Megacrysts now, thanks to cake ingredient farming, so at least I'm set there for a few more rings. You can never have too many though, so I'll have to venture back and farm some more eventually.

As for the Mogcake items, I have all of the event-exclusive equipment (even the Rabbit's Foot, since I'm a collector), the Summon Tickets, Quartz, Screamroot, Fine Alcryst, Trust Moogle, and quite a few Gigantuar. I'm not sure if I'll bother going for the abilities or not (these are craft-able later on and aren't exclusive, right?) or just use the rest on all of the Megacite and Gigantuar, to finish leveling all of my lesser characters. Are the others items, such as Phoenix Down, X Potion, etc. worth it at all?

tuffymon

We probably burned ourselves out due to actually having a good event for once. I'm also looking forward to just blitzing through the collection points, since we can't have enough megacrysts.

chrono01

No, they won't be craftable, but they should show up again in future events.
Thanks, appreciate it.

I'll grind out as many Mogcakes as I can and then decide, I guess. No real hurry to choose now, since the redemption period lasts beyond the time for the event. I'll just gather as many ingredients as I can and see how many Mogcakes I'll be able to craft.

c-murph

So i just burned two tickets on this banner cuz Nomidors Fencer is so legit i had to try and get one

Got a Bartz and Rydia

Hot damn happy about Bartz

I know I'm so Jelly. Help me beat Intangir in one turn.

I want Fencer so bad. I got like what? Three monre dailies to go?

I know I'm so Jelly. Help me beat Intangir in one turn.

I want Fencer so bad. I got like what? Three monre dailies to go?

Yeah man

I kind of want her for fun but im not sure how bad i want to invest with FFT on the horizon

Ill make the executive decision after my dailies dry up

Well that is not what I expected at all with last pull. Pulled the trigger on 11 unit pull on banner. 5 star fencer 4 star chizuru 3 star Bartz 3 star garland 3 star kain and a couple duplicates like vivi and shantoto to tm farm. Have top 5 rated physical damage units now but definitely need healer and mage unit now. Best healer I have is terra.

Edit forgot got 4 star juggler too.

Well that is not what I expected at all with last pull. Pulled the trigger on 11 unit pull on banner. 5 star fencer 4 star chizuru 3 star Bartz 3 star garland 3 star kain and a couple duplicates like vivi and shantoto to tm farm. Have top 5 rated physical damage units now but definitely need healer and mage unit now. Best healer I have is terra.

Damn man

That might be the best 11 pull on the board

chrono01

Insane luck. Like, seriously

Congrats!

Today in my daily pull a Fencer, I am happy, right now have 2/3 of the banner units (juggler being the other one).

.n_n.
Congrats to you too! I really want Fencer. I have Juggler, but...Fencer... ;_;

Celegus

Thanks I've had a couple of really good dailies but this really helped my lot. I was so shocked at results. Expected 10 shadows lol. Chizuru friends alone were what got me through the early Forge runs when festival started, had nothing of significance other than zidane and Locke.

Hope you have enough sacred crystals for that haul, what a catch!

I've gotten deep into Mobius... so much to do in that game! At first I didn't think I liked it much, but it sure has grown on me. Been kind of nice that Exvius hasn't had a ton to do in lately, been burning most of my energy on TM grind.

Hope you have enough sacred crystals for that haul, what a catch!

I've gotten deep into Mobius... so much to do in that game! At first I didn't think I liked it much, but it sure has grown on me. Been kind of nice that Exvius hasn't had a ton to do in lately, been burning most of my energy on TM grind.

Only enough to awaken chizuru and another unit to 5 star lol. I would be farming my zidanes tm now but just grinding for mogcakes. It is unreal but it is no where near as bad as dokkan battle world tournament. Ffbe is such a better change of pace than that game I'm just crashed and burnt out from dokkan so this is a very fun game at the moment

Lyrian

Wow,

I haven't pulled anything but 4* garbage all banner. So jealous of everyone who pulled a Fencer.

Grats on the awesome pulls.

For the Player's choice banner, I have Lenna and Warrior of Light, should I pull? I don't really have a good dps and I've mostly been getting by with Krile and Shantoto and borrowing Chizuru from friends.

Zafir

Wow,

I haven't pulled anything but 4* garbage all banner. So jealous of everyone who pulled a Fencer.

Grats on the awesome pulls.

I've not even got a single 4* this banner, lol. xD

But yeah gratz to those who have been getting decent luck.

Lyrian

For the Player's choice banner, I have Lenna and Warrior of Light, should I pull? I don't really have a good dps and I've mostly been getting by with Krile and Shantoto and borrowing Chizuru from friends.

Care for or need a CoD or a Kefka? Draw rates should be fairly good for those two.

They both seem good, especially Cloud of Darkness because he has Barrage. I'm just wondering if I should dump a lot of summon tickets into this banner or just do the half-cost pulls and wait.

Celegus

They both seem good, especially Cloud of Darkness because he has Barrage. I'm just wondering if I should dump a lot of summon tickets into this banner or just do the half-cost pulls and wait.

Just do halfsies until the last day and then decide if there's enough you didn't get to warrant some tickets. That's what I do. I'll just do the daily on this one though, itching for some actually new characters. Only have CoD and Lenna from the list, WoL would be my top pick though.

chrono01

I have Chizuru, CoD, Kefka and Lenna. The only one I want/need is WoL, and since he's a 4* base, I'm not too hopeful.

I haven't decided whether or not I'll continue doing 1/2 pulls, or just saving them for the next batch. I know the gatcha will be littered with Kefka and Lenna, and since I have them, I don't need more. Well, a few more Kefka would be nice (for the ribbon), but I'm not going to pull specifically for that. I'm sure I'll get duplicates of him naturally through the pulling process, I don't need to go out of my way for that.

Valus

Will likely pass on the next banner. Got Lenna and Vaan chasing WoL last time, and I pulled CoD with a daily during FFVI banner. I don't really care about Chiz and I don't think I'm going to spend just to chase Kefka or WoL.

Bring on FFT!! My 40 summon tickets are ready!

Malakhov

Banned
Crap, had all planned my mogcakes farming with having in mind that the event ended on 09/16...Just found out I only have about 24 hours left.

CCIE

Banned
OT/// There are a lot of guys on here. What is it about guys that think they can get a girl drunk and they will sleep with you? If anything I'm inclined to call hubby and have phone sex with him. Out of town on business, and guys were trying to get me drunk (succeeded) and have sex with them (not a prayer). Do they really think women are that stupid?

On topic - I'd really like to pull WoL on the next banner

Malakhov

Banned
OT/// There are a lot of guys on here. What is it about guys that think they can get a girl drunk and they will sleep with you? If anything I'm inclined to call hubby and have phone sex with him. Out of town on business, and guys were trying to get me drunk (succeeded) and have sex with them (not a prayer). Do they really think women are that stupid?

I've found that some women are really horny after a few glasses of wine. But completely drunk? Not really unless you're some kind of weird rapist.

Lyrian

The Biological Imperative combined with immature mens' brains equaling this type of behavior.

Men are horny; often quite frequently. They can't help it (not that this behavior is excusable in a public location). See half the threads on gaming-side here. Doesn't help that social influences (media, culture, etc) encourage this type of behavior, either.

That's problem 1.

Next, is that mens' brains don't fully mature until around age 35. This is why men do stupid things most of the time. Most men literally can't act at a level over being a teenager for most of their early adult lives.

So, given male teenager logic:

1) I'm horny.
2) I know that attractive women gather at clubs and bars.
3) I know that a woman I like at a bar/club will not have sex with me at first glance.
4) To overcome this, I will work on her to make her drunk, so that her mental defenses become impaired.
5) If her mental defense are impaired, I have a better chance at getting her to have sex with me.
6) Therefore, I won't be horny anymore.

Sadly, the logic is often never any more complicated than that. :/

Fun fact: Female brains reach full maturity in their early 20s, allowing them to see through this easy chain of logic (if they want to; some like the indulgence of giving in).

TL;DR Yes, men are THAT stupid.

Malakhov

Banned
Well, giving up on the stupid farming since I thought it was ending on 09/16. Got everything I wanted besides the pestle even though I didn't really need it.

scarlet

Will likely pass on the next banner. Got Lenna and Vaan chasing WoL last time, and I pulled CoD with a daily during FFVI banner. I don't really care about Chiz and I don't think I'm going to spend just to chase Kefka or WoL.

Bring on FFT!! My 40 summon tickets are ready!

Braaah. I'm down to 25 from 32. Don't be like me. I'm weak. Save your ticket for Orlandu

Lyrian

Braaah. I'm down to 25 from 32. Don't be like me. I'm weak. Save your ticket for Orlandu

Won't be too much longer. FFT will come reasonably fast after the Lightning banner.

End of October, max. Maybe before that, as there is going to be a Halloween banner for Global.

desverger

I guess I should finally begin to calculate how many cakes I'm still going to be able to make in this event.

I've bought all the tickets, screamroot, fine alcryst, the trust moogle and magicite. I haven't bought any of the gear yet, and probably can't afford both of the pestle and the shield. Maybe.

edit: If I stopped farming *now*, I would have 35k cakes, which is enough for the mace. Do you guys think it's worth to go crazy over the shield or +15% hp?

leehom

Your situation reminds me of females who wear short skirts or shirts that reveal cleavage, but don't like it when guys look at them.

If you don't want the attention, don't encourage it. Basically it means don't drink with them or if you do, let them know up front you're married and absolutely will not sleep with them. If they try, leave.

Some guys might take that as a challenge and continue to pursue it because some females say that, but don't mean it. It's all part of the game and they think you're just playing hard to get.

If these people are strangers, it's understandable they would try. If these are coworkers, you need to put your foot down and let them know this is strictly business.

Rixa

I guess I should finally begin to calculate how many cakes I'm still going to be able to make in this event.

I've bought all the tickets, screamroot, fine alcryst, the trust moogle and magicite. I haven't bought any of the gear yet, and probably can't afford both of the pestle and the shield. Maybe.

edit: If I stopped farming *now*, I would have 35k cakes, which is enough for the mace. Do you guys think it's worth to go crazy over the shield or +15% hp?
Are you sure that you wont pull Exdeath in the future? How many other easily obtainable +mag shields there is? Better mace you get from trial, what about shield? About mace my guess is that CoD isnt first unit to get dual wield ability thru tm farming. Grab the shield.

Stider

Well, currently sitting on 106k mogcakes and 7k flour and only grabbed some of the tickets so far. Need to work out what to grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom