• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

Thanks for all of the tips for FD. I'll give this another attempt during my lunch break. I tried to kill it quick like it was Intangir and too many people got confused and then dead. I'll take my time next try

Chinner

Banned
Frost Dragon is opposite of Intangir

Its a marathon not a sprint

Focus on status inflictions, buffs, debuffs and healing

Having a god tank doesnt hurt either but not required. Just keep power break up at all time minimum and chip away
I agreed, I just used paralysis and sleep for maintenance really. Wasn't too bad in the end.

H3xum

I have been doing TM all day and is it just my imagination or was there some stealth update lowering the chance of getting a ding? I am talking like 60 NRG and I have maybe gotten 2-3 bumps as well as 9-10 times when it goes from the XP screen right to the world screen, skipping the TM all together

I have been doing TM all day and is it just my imagination or was there some stealth update lowering the chance of getting a ding? I am talking like 60 NRG and I have maybe gotten 2-3 bumps as well as 9-10 times when it goes from the XP screen right to the world screen, skipping the TM all together

Mine is working like normal atm. It already has a shitty chance of happening if they made it even lower I could only imagine the negative reactions they would get.

Got burned out from the event. Was able to purchase the TM, Mace, All tickets, all quartz. Sitting at 9k cakes. I'm going to make one last push to make 25k cakes for the shield. Think I can do it?

Has the game been constantly crashing upon defeating Liquid Flame for everyone else? This has been happening all week and is super annoying.

Iceman829

Is there anything that helps Trine / Paralyzing Cold stick better? I casted them every round and once in a blue moon I would get a silence or a paralyze and then my team got rocked before I could apply another status effect.

Also, maybe I should try using Fina as a healer over Terra?

leehom

Is there anything that helps Trine / Paralyzing Cold stick better? I casted them every round and once in a blue moon I would get a silence or a paralyze and then my team got rocked before I could apply another status effect.

Also, maybe I should try using Fina as a healer over Terra?

Yes

bryt

So I have enough mats to make 96000 more mogcakes and have nothing to buy. One stack of 9999 mogcakes sells for barely under 500k. That's 5 million gil if I decide to bake it all. Is there anything in the future that requires a bunch of gil?

chrono01

Fencer finally off the daily.

The Chizuru, Chizuru (2), Fencer, Vaan, Lenna autobattle dream is at hand. Now to wait for the power creep. Just wish there were more good non-TM weapons.
JEEEEEEEEEEALOOOOOOOOOUS!

Congrats.

I did my daily, got a Rydia. Welp. I got Juggler yesterday, so I'm still happy. Really want Fencer, though. :(

Speaking of Juggler, he/she's going to be great for PVP later on. Pandora's Box does 30% chance to cause a random status ailment and 100% chance to petrify to an enemy, so he/she's going to be able to cripple the opposing team pretty effectively. I know I'll leave a slot open for him/her.

c-murph

So I have enough mats to make 96000 more mogcakes and have nothing to buy. One stack of 9999 mogcakes sells for barely under 500k. That's 5 million gil if I decide to bake it all. Is there anything in the future that requires a bunch of gil?

Geezus. I don't even want to know how much grinding you had to do. I could barely do two sets of 1,200 flour a day without wanting to stab a knife in my balls.

Fencer finally off the daily.

The Chizuru, Chizuru (2), Fencer, Vaan, Lenna autobattle dream is at hand. Now to wait for the power creep. Just wish there were more good non-TM weapons.

You basterd. I hate you so much right meow. I want Fencer.

Congrats though. I still hate you. But not really.

aett

I really wanted Fencer, since it was always one of my favorite units in the FFTA games (of which I am a huge fan) but I stopped trying after getting four Jugglers. I've been trying to keep myself satisfied by telling myself that Fencer will never get a 6* upgrade. (I still want one, dammit.)

Celegus

Its weird

Despite being more connected than ever people seem really confused with how to date in our new world. The lack of confidence, fear of rejection are one thing... But add the risk of public embarrassment on social media and just overall fear of anyone you dont know.

Gawd im happy that i found someone great and married her lol. I would not want to try and date in this environment

Same here, it looks like a nightmare out there. Met her when I was 18 and things are better than ever 10 years later. Sorry about some of the crappier examples of our gender CCIE, promise we're not all creepos!

CCIE

Banned
I know - my coworkers are great guys, but I just want to know what kind of idiot hits on a woman with a wedding ring that is obviously out with a bunch of guys at dinner for work. It's obviously a business situation

It could be worse - I could be ugly and unloved, instead of driving my husband wild with desire ;)

Lyrian

Same here, it looks like a nightmare out there. Met her when I was 18 and things are better than ever 10 years later. Sorry about some of the crappier examples of our gender CCIE, promise we're not all creepos!

As someone who currently both works as a professional tutor on a college campus at the same time as being a student there, I can tell you from personal experience that being on campus is incredibly awkward as someone who is not a teenager or early adult anymore.

Because of how culture has changed in the millennial generation, my existence on campus can be perceived as an outright threat to women. Outside of the officially sanctioned tutoring safe space or an academic classroom, if I talk to any typical female student on campus, I could automatically be considered to be a "creeper". All it takes is one woman to misinterpret a single comment and report it to the campus authorities and my future professional life is completely ruined. I have to be a completely mute person out of fear and necessity outside of professional/academic activities and I **hate** it.

I know - my coworkers are great guys, but I just want to know what kind of idiot hits on a woman with a wedding ring that is obviously out with a bunch of guys at dinner for work. It's obviously a business situation

It could be worse - I could be ugly and unloved, instead of driving my husband wild with desire ;)

For men, business is business.... only when being business is "inconvenient" to them. Then, in their eyes, any situation is no longer "business".

Be blessed about your good looks and personality. I know a ton of women who would literally kill to be able to have men faun over them (although that doesn't excuse their behavior).

On-topic: I really got to stop pulling on this banner. Crap pull streak back up to 8. Become introduced for the first time to the Unnameable One today. Only missing Kain now to complete the 4* collection. :/

Lyrian

And now for the fun part of the event, where I get to decide how much pain and suffering I want to go through chasing mogcakes on the last day of the event.... Meh.

I'm glad the mad farming will be over tonight, although the silence on what starts tomorrow is a bit worrisome.

leehom

Because of how culture has changed in the millennial generation, my existence on campus can be perceived as an outright threat to women. Outside of the officially sanctioned tutoring safe space or an academic classroom, if I talk to any typical female student on campus, I could automatically be considered to be a "creeper".

I've had this happen a few times and tbh, yolo. People can perceive/gossip about what they want. I'm not going to let that affect my personality or how I react to other people. If I really have an issue with someone, I will confront them and ask them what's the problem?

Letting others control your behavior isn't a good way to live. Even if there was a report, the administration should listen to both sides rather than make assumptions. Considering you are the higher person of authority, your word should have more sway than theirs. They couldn't be that uneducated to believe in accusations made by just anyone. In this age of social media, I would demand video proof or ask them to gtfo. :D

Being social with your co-workers will add to your credibility. If a situation arises, they can vouch for your character and clear away any misunderstandings sooner rather than later.

Folstern

Decided to drop flour farming yesterday and go for farming for TMs. Got my first premium TM just a few minutes ago: Gungnir!

Hopefully will have Barrage done by the end of the week with my 3 Lunas. Unsure of what to put it on for friends. Vaan, perhaps?

Valentus

Decided to drop flour farming yesterday and go for farming for TMs. Got my first premium TM just a few minutes ago: Gungnir!

Hopefully will have Barrage done by the end of the week with my 3 Lunas. Unsure of what to put it on for friends. Vaan, perhaps?

Congrats for the gungnir

What units do you have?

Iceman829

Well I beat Frost Dragon mainly by pure dumb luck. I was running some explorations on miranda coast and decided to give FD a shot and never changed back to my regular team. I brought Fina and a lvl 43 Leo to the fight and it went well. Fina with Cheer was really helpful and I used Leo to debuff with power/armor break and he even paralyzed FD once. I also finally popped my first Hero's Ring into the oven

I'm looking forward to not having to grind out cake mats. I'm not sure what I will focus on, but it will be nice not to be locked into an event like this.

As someone who currently both works as a professional tutor on a college campus at the same time as being a student there, I can tell you from personal experience that being on campus is incredibly awkward as someone who is not a teenager or early adult anymore.

Because of how culture has changed in the millennial generation, my existence on campus can be perceived as an outright threat to women. Outside of the officially sanctioned tutoring safe space or an academic classroom, if I talk to any typical female student on campus, I could automatically be considered to be a "creeper". All it takes is one woman to misinterpret a single comment and report it to the campus authorities and my future professional life is completely ruined. I have to be a completely mute person out of fear and necessity outside of professional/academic activities and I **hate** it.

Whilst this might sound oddly pretentious, this is an area where being gay actually comes in relatively handy. It's an awful situation of course and the stigmas placed on "older" male faculty members on campuses of higher learning is deplorable but even so...what a maddening position to be placed in.

Yup im on the same trajectory!

I have 3 Leos that im going to combine for the shield

Sure i could go for 3 but i dont think i could take the monotony

Im just going to shoot for one of each thing and only do multiples of the really great stuff (and use trust moogles when i can)

Trust farming is such a bore even with Nox

Folstern

Congrats for the gungnir

What units do you have?
Thanks! Vaan, WoL, Firion and Leo seem like the only candidates. I do have all the Killer abilities from the FP pool so Firion might be a good choice. At this point any of those would be powerful with Barrage/Gungnir though.

That sounds like a solid plan. Aegis Shield going to a WoL or Cecil? I will probably be trying for Excaliburs/Ribbon next after Barrage but that is going to take awhile. TM farming is kinda refreshing after the explorations because of how short the runs are but I'm sure I'll get sick of them in the next few days.

Thanks! Vaan, WoL, Firion and Leo seem like the only candidates. I do have all the Killer abilities from the FP pool so Firion might be a good choice. At this point any of those would be powerful with Barrage/Gungnir though.

That sounds like a solid plan. Aegis Shield going to a WoL or Cecil? I will probably be trying for Excaliburs/Ribbon next after Barrage but that is going to take awhile. TM farming is kinda refreshing after the explorations because of how short the runs are but I'm sure I'll get sick of them in the next few days.

Cecil since i dont have WoL but maybe ill get one on this next banner

I actually kind of want more CoDs. I feel like you could LB farm more effectively with auto limit. Does auto limit stack if you have multiple?!

Im just going to shoot for one of each thing and only do multiples of the really great stuff (and use trust moogles when i can)

You don't want two Ageis Shields!?!

Get 2 shields 2 tanks are basically required later.

Mxrz

I have the characters I want. But is TM farming really required to clear future content? I don't mind farming events like this one for stuff, but doing 1000+ earth shrine missions for dual wield, Ultima, etc. sounds really awful. Are trust moogles going to become common enough to be an alternative?

Not entirely sure the FB banner is worth it for me. Just missing WoL and CoD, and not crazy about either.

scarlet

I have the characters I want. But is TM farming really required to clear future content? I don't mind farming events like this one for stuff, but doing 1000+ earth shrine missions for dual wield, Ultima, etc. sounds really awful. Are trust moogles going to become common enough to be an alternative?

Not entirely sure the FB banner is worth it for me. Just missing WoL and CoD, and not crazy about either.

1.000?

More like 10.000

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You probably don't want to make too big of a TM backlog. The fastest possible time is still 35 days straight of TM farming. That is going 24/7, not including additional energy and rank ups. Nor does it include server downtime.

But think about it like that. For any events, dailies that aren't the lowest levels, etc. You're restricting your energy use quite severally.

So while two shields from Leo sounds great. In retrospect, is it going to be worth farming 2 Leos from 0 to 100? Or one from 0 to 100 and the other two to 47.5%. Instead of one set of 3 to 30% each. The shield isn't Dualwield, Dualcast, Exaclibur, Blade Mastery, etc. It won't be a massive game changer like one of them.

I would say, it's best to take that into account. A more realistic amount of time would be one set of TMs every 2-2.5 months if you're macroing and wanting to still do events and such.

Valentus

Gawdamnit you guys. Ill be farming this same TM team for ages. Lol

You only need one. Youll be fine.

If you want really and OP squad, you can get 3 shields because: 1 for each tank, and the third one for your healer (with charlotte's TM (equip heavy shield) you can equip an Aegis to your healer y give her the +25 SPR.

But, that is only a so ideal setup. With only 1 aegis youll be more than fine.

Lyrian

Are trust moogles going to become common enough to be an alternative?

Given enough time, yes.

But, even the JP server has not really reached that level of power creep. Be wary what you ask for though. TMs are optional and not necessary currently. But, once trust moogles become more common in the future, TMs will become mandatory and not be optional any longer for clearing content.

Lyrian

Whilst this might sound oddly pretentious, this is an area where being gay actually comes in relatively handy. It's an awful situation of course and the stigmas placed on "older" male faculty members on campuses of higher learning is deplorable but even so...what a maddening position to be placed in.

You are quite correct here.

As an "older" male (aka, not a teenager any more), but not "that" old yet, I'm stuck in a paradox between generations.

Late 20th century logic (Gen X dominated), asserted that my biological and sexual orientations were ideal for the time. However, 21st century logic (Millennial dominated) flips that assertion upside down and being cis male is the worst set of attributes of identity attributes possible on a college campus (doubly damning when combined with any racial group corresponding with being White [regardless of origin] on a census).

If I came out and said I was bi or gay tomorrow, I might be able to gain some social status and/or respect. That said, I doubt anyone from the millennial generation would believe me. I somewhat joke with the tutoring front desk intern women that they should list that they identify as lesbians, no matter if they identify that way or not. The mere appearance that they would be would win massive points within their own generation in terms of social status over someone with cis identity.

You are quite correct here.

As an "older" male (aka, not a teenager any more), but not "that" old yet, I'm stuck in a paradox between generations.

Late 20th century logic (Gen X dominated), asserted that my biological and sexual orientations were ideal for the time. However, 21st century logic (Millennial dominated) flips that assertion upside down and being cis male is the worst set of attributes of identity attributes possible on a college campus (doubly damning when combined with any racial group corresponding with being White [regardless of origin] on a census).

If I came out and said I was bi or gay tomorrow, I might be able to gain some social status and/or respect. That said, I doubt anyone from the millennial generation would believe me. I somewhat joke with the tutoring front desk intern women that they should list that they identify as lesbians, no matter if they identify that way or not. The mere appearance that they would be would win massive points within their own generation in terms of social status over someone with cis identity.

We were discussing this in the "share and rate pictures" thread, but are you by any chance attractive?

I ask only because it seems to be a metric that helps cis white males to some extent in situations as you've described.

What the hell is CoD TM reward anyway?

c-murph

I did something dirty. I bought some Lapis and did a couple summons. Ended up with a 4* Fencer finally. Yay!

Also, got a couple Jugglers... :S Not sure how I feel about them.

Now I don't need anything else in this game... Until the next hyped summon event that is.

Lyrian

We were discussing this in the "share and rate pictures" thread, but are you by any chance attractive?

I ask only because it seems to be a metric that helps cis white males to some extent in situations as you've described.

What the hell is CoD TM reward anyway?

Depends on the metric used to describe attractiveness.

Physically? Moderately above average, if I put effort towards that. Probably could achieve well above average if I wanted to, but never have had the desire to go the extra mile for body sculpting. Gyms aren't my thing. Still, I would call myself reasonably fit.

Mentally attractive is where my problems lie. That stems from a combination of being born in to a low social class combined with a lifelong inability to escape my caste despite exceptional intelligence and academic performance. After a decade or so of that, it weighs badly on a person and others perceive that easily.

Also, it is very poor optics on myself when the 18 year olds on campus commonly drive cars and have lifestyles that are orders of magnitude greater than anything I have ever experienced in my life.

CoD TM is Auto Limit +1.

Lyrian

I did something dirty. I bought some Lapis and did a couple summons. Ended up with a 4* Fencer finally. Yay!

Also, got a couple Jugglers... :S Not sure how I feel about them.

Now I don't need anything else in this game... Until the next hyped summon event that is.

So jealous :/

I can't even roll a troll gold crystal to even have a shot at her to save my life.

Depends on the metric used to describe attractiveness.

Physically? Moderately above average, if I put effort towards that. Probably could achieve well above average if I wanted to, but never have had the desire to go the extra mile for body sculpting. Gyms aren't my thing. Still, I would call myself reasonably fit.

Mentally attractive is where my problems lie. That stems from a combination of being born in to a low social class combined with a lifelong inability to escape my caste despite exceptional intelligence and academic performance. After a decade or so of that, it weighs badly on a person and others perceive that easily.

Also, it is very poor optics on myself when the 18 year olds on campus commonly drive cars and have lifestyles that are orders of magnitude greater than anything I have ever experienced in my life.

CoD TM is Auto Limit +1.

What in the blue hell is Auto Limit +1

So you can admit that your hard work in academica is for naught?

You must enjoy what you do to stay with it then. Seems like you need a jump start, someone to jump into your life and completely take you out of what you're comfortable with and to change your seemingly deeply engrained perceptions.

Well maybe not change them, you're free to believe whatever the hell you like but at the very least offer irrational, nonconformist, perspective!

I want to delete the thief I pulled out of spite!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom