• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

So I need 90 broadswords to make 18 fine blades to make 3 superior blades to make 1 new sword?

I regret selling my copper ores now

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is this another Grindfest ? Didnt expect it to be another Exploration type of Event hmmm....

Kouriozan

I'm glad the soft launch recipes are back again, but wow I should have started making those superior blade for that new sword, I guess since I already have that recipe I'll do that for now.

Zafir

37 copper ore and 36 lumber, lol.

All my ore is the higher quality stuff.

I'll just farm for the Cavern Ores a bit, and ignore the rest for the time being. I just can't be bothered doing more grinding so soon after the last event.

I'll just farm for the Cavern Ores a bit, and ignore the rest for the time being. I just can't be bothered doing more grinding so soon after the last event.

Im going to shoot for two so i need 160 cavern ore... god help me

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If you hate farming, I have news for you.

Spend money.

Like with the 20% health, I'll get the recipes and the ore. I'm unsure if I want to craft it or not. I can get a Gungair pretty quick for my offhand on my Dual Wield, but a Blind Proc would be nice.

Actually, knowing my schedule this week, I'll probably pass. I have 4 Exams, 2 homework assignments, Two Events, and a Career Fair to run. :( Unless stones drop like Candy.

Valentus

480 lumber, 360 copper, 90 broadswords, 80 iron, 80 silver, 50 mythril and 80 Cavern Stones to get the blade.

Fuck this shit, im not gonna be part of another gravity rod circa.

Valentus

Not worth it. Much better weapons available through TMs with nox. Screw this.

There are no good swords via TM yet. The first really really good sword would be Moon Phase (Delita TM, Sword 117 ATK, Dark Element), but now the best sword of global is still enhacer.

The ores are not a problem because everybody that goes to the mogcake grind should have 99 of each ore thanks to forge, but 480 PIECES OF WOOD???? FUCK THAT

Last half price daily on banner. Pulled 3 star Miyuki. That was the only worth while daily pull I did this whole banner I can remember. Only luck aside from this was 11 pull. More to TM grind. This is gonna be rough lol. Question for all, have 3 lockes , do I just keep all three and grind for 3 rising suns or have all on team to grind to fuse later? Dual wield rising sun cod would be pretty killer though.

Honestly the trick to this event will be figuring out the most efficient way to snag Cavern ore

ALl the other stuff ill just get naturally over time

I cant understand why Phantom forest doesnt drop lumber lol

scarlet

Dude

Im sorry your dice are broken :(

At the very least TM those shantottos and get sweet sweet revenge with a magic burn team

It's alright. It's been like this since the beginning lol.

I don't even have a good TM team.

Kinda lucky with WoL, Exd, Chizu and that's it.

Bork

Neo Member
There are no good swords via TM yet. The first really really good sword would be Moon Phase (Delita TM, Sword 117 ATK, Dark Element), but now the best sword of global is still enhacer.

Excalibur is pretty good..

SELF EDIT: but yeah that's a great sword isnt it... duh!

Ourobolus

Banned
So Lands of Plenty, huh. The sword looks pretty damn good - am I mistaken or am I just going to be grinding the Cavern Ores? The rest of the items are easily enough found from collection points (albeit slowly).

And currently I'm gonna want like 4 of these things...At least for my Bartz/WoL team setup, lol.

So Lands of Plenty, huh. The sword looks pretty damn good - am I mistaken or am I just going to be grinding the Cavern Ores? The rest of the items are easily enough found from collection points (albeit slowly).

Exactly

The event is pretty short so im hoping we can lock down the best way to snag cavern ores quickly

This banner hasn't been too good to me. Mostly garbage and one Shantotto. Just just did my half off pull right now. Blue crystal turns gold but I don't get my hopes up since that is how it's been trolling me. Then....

4rL9xEo.jpg

Feels nice after mostly bad pulls.

leehom

Anyone else playing with two accounts? I feel that I might not be able to go through two accounts in the future if it gets as complete as the JP release.

Two here. Only log in for the dailies and TM farm on the second account (SL). The pulls on my GL account is so much better that I plan on dropping my SL account if it doesn't get Lightning.

Lyrian

God, I'm tired and going to be a train wreck today after farming up to the server downtime.

Took my probable last two pulls:

Juggler (new) --> well, finally something from this banner at least.
Firion (new) --> Huh. Wasn't expecting him of all units.

Not bad at all, I suppose. Would have liked a Fencer, but I know better than to press my luck on this banner after back to back decent pulls.

Lyrian

This banner hasn't been too good to me. Mostly garbage and one Shantotto. Just just did my half off pull right now. Blue crystal turns gold but I don't get my hopes up since that is how it's been trolling me. Then....

4rL9xEo.jpg

Feels nice after mostly bad pulls.

Serious grats on the sweet pull. Very nice!

Lyrian

480 lumber, 360 copper, 90 broadswords, 80 iron, 80 silver, 50 mythril and 80 Cavern Stones to get the blade.

Fuck this shit, im not gonna be part of another gravity rod circa.

Lumber is going to be a real pain...

I have 237 coppers but 19 lumber, here's some grind to do again~

Just farm the Cavern ore and slowly build up to it later

I already own on superior blade and I wish I had made more back in the day

A quick glance here and on Reddit tells me that (especially after my flour planning screwup) that everyone may be missing the actual constraint on the new and shiny sword.

-- How much energy does the PRO difficulty take to run? That little key piece of information is conveniently missing....

BGN: 5, INT: 10, ADV: 15, PRO: 20? 25? 30?

Four days to farm 80 ores from a likely 20+ energy exploration? Uh oh...

I would think that it is a fairly safe assumption that Cavern Ores would only drop from PRO difficulty collection nodes. That's a problem. Also, exactly how difficult is PRO difficulty (no one knows yet)? Does PRO difficulty mean that every trash encounter is Colosseum INT-S difficulty or worse? Is the boss on PRO Frost Dragon difficulty hard or worse on every run?

The skeptic in me sees many, many traps here that are conveniently obscured with the information not being provided in the announcement banner.

It better drop enough damn cavern ores

Or ill be pissed

Im sure it will become very apparent the first day

Im going to shoot for 160 ore but if I only can get 80 i can live with it

scarlet

I probably won't do this event nor playing a lot for the next few weeks other than TM farming. Not because of the grinding stuff, but because of Dragon Quest VII.

Pejo

Or ill be pissed

This is pretty much where I'm at too. Which town sells the base sword in this recipe chain? I can't remember.

Or ill be pissed

I'm just happy I have more than enough other ores from df runs for mogcakes. Started game after first event so don't have any of the recipes yet other than broadsword from story. Would love to craft this sword for my fencer but this may not be something I'll be able to get on first attempt. Especially cause of the lumber needed.

Lyrian

Or ill be pissed

Yeah it will.

I wonder though.... Gumi had some very tongue in cheek comments about crafting the Splendor Blade. I wonder if they saw the comments about people complaining about the lack of difficulty and fast-tracked a new power-creeped difficulty in response.

This is going to be race against time to craft a single sword I think (at least without using energy/lapis refills). If a team can't clear PRO on day 1, I would be highly surprised if it would even be possible to craft the Blade without energy refills.

Got Tellah from the daily half banner. What's up with getting off banner units?
Well, didn't realize ingredients for mogcakes stopped dropping. I guess this is it? Got mostly what I wanted, the shield, all the SQ and most of the tickets. I got enough mogcakes to get either Boost HP+15% or MP+ 20%. Are they worth it?

Azuran

Banned
....i did 20 fucking pulls. No fencer... all shanttoto , luna , maria and all crap. I think im done with this game

Why would you do that when a way better banner is right around the corner? Fencer shouldn't be worth 20 pulls no matter what. Is a half naked bunny girl really that big of a deal?

Lyrian

Got Tellah from the daily half banner. What's up with getting off banner units?
Well, didn't realize ingredients for mogcakes stopped dropping. I guess this is it? Got mostly what I wanted, the shield, all the SQ and most of the tickets. I got enough mogcakes to get either Boost HP+15% or MP+ 20%. Are they worth it?

HP beats MP any day of the week. Extra mana doesn't help if a unit couldn't survive the previous round to cast that extra spell. +15% is as good as it gets outside of TMs, like Amarant.

Most will probably say that +MAG beats +MP for a mage ability in > 95% of circumstances. It's probably only really useful in situations where you are trying to gain extra casts of an extremely expensive spell, such as Meteor or Ultima. The -aga skills are cheap enough that the extra MP really isn't needed on a 5* 80 in most situations.

tuffymon

Why would you do that when a way better banner is right around the corner? Fencer shouldn't be worth 20 pulls no matter what. Is a half naked bunny girl really that big of a deal?

I'd say yes to your question, it's that important to some people. It's like how some will play Dark Souls as fashion souls, and not go for the gear with the best stats because its mismatched...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom