• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

What in the blue hell is Auto Limit +1

So you can admit that your hard work in academica is for naught?

You must enjoy what you do to stay with it then. Seems like you need a jump start, someone to jump into your life and completely take you out of what you're comfortable with and to change your seemingly deeply engrained perceptions.

Well maybe not change them, you're free to believe whatever the hell you like but at the very least offer irrational, nonconformist, perspective!

I want to delete the thief I pulled out of spite!!

Auto Limit +1 = Equipped unit gains 1 free LB crystal at the end of their turn. Generally considered to be a lukewarm to poor TM.

So far, yeah. Academia = proof of incredible potential, but to date have continually failed to turn that potential into reality (which is mind-boggling in scope how this is even possible given that my resume has more academic accolades than should even be possible for a person). I've had more jump starts and restarts than I'm embarrassed to admit. Personally, I've long run out of continues to keep playing the game of life, but I've been given one last round of credits from unlikely sources to buy-in for one final chance to escape my seemingly predestined fate. I don't deserve another chance, but interested parties are paying good money for me to earn my fourth college degree. Very scary stuff.

What I need to break out of this is some form of success. I need a "win" in life, to be honest. Time is not on my side, however. In actuality, I roll my dice and play my hand for perhaps the very last time next Friday. To say that I am a bit scared is a severe understatement. As everyone jokes with me in real life to make me feel better, "No pressure, right?"

Sorry if I went too deep in the woods there.

Agreed. Only real exception would be if you had the perfect team at the moment. Then again, the perfect team is always evolving, so there is always a need to level up new units.

At the moment I need a bit more to max out Leo then all my great units will be maxed out unless I pull something awesome from future pulls

Auto Limit +1 = Equipped unit gains 1 free LB crystal at the end of their turn. Generally considered to be a lukewarm to poor TM.

So far, yeah. Academia = proof of incredible potential, but to date have continually failed to turn that potential into reality (which is mind-boggling in scope how this is even possible given that my resume has more academic accolades than should even be possible for a person). I've had more jump starts and restarts than I'm embarrassed to admit. Personally, I've long run out of continues to keep playing the game of life, but I've been given one last round of credits from unlikely sources to buy-in for one final chance to escape my seemingly predestined fate. I don't deserve another chance, but interested parties are paying good money for me to earn my fourth college degree. Very scary stuff.

What I need to break out of this is some form of success. I need a "win" in life, to be honest. Time is not on my side, however. In actuality, I roll my dice and play my hand for perhaps the very last time next Friday. To say that I am a bit scared is a severe understatement. As everyone jokes with me in real life to make me feel better, "No pressure, right?"

Sorry if I went too deep in the woods there.

Is it worth it to put all your eggs into one hopefully sturdy basket? Hmm.

Yay TM farming, Terra style!

Lyrian

I am so pissed off right now. Just realized I have been baking cakes inefficiently for the entire event. I could have been done with this ages ago :/

I am so pissed off right now. Just realized I have been baking cakes inefficiently for the entire event. I could have been done with this ages ago :/

How so?
I didn't know there was a effective way of doing it. I just bought the premium deal and baked 4 slots twice a day.

Valus

I'm done with the event. Got everything except the rabbit foot and LB pots, don't care for either.

Efficiently baking would mean getting 4 slots and baking 12 sets a day. Lyrian, don't feel too bad, even if you didn't bake every eight hours you'll likely have enough time to get what you want.

chrono01

How so?
I didn't know there was a effective way of doing it. I just bought the premium deal and baked 4 slots twice a day.
This is what I did.

I think once or twice, I managed 12 baking in a single day, but the rest of the days I just went with the standard eight. It allowed me to get everything that interested me, aside from the LB Pot which I don't care about. Everything else of worth though, will be mine (once I finish the baking over the next few days).

Lyrian

How so?

:(

Inefficient how so?

That is the most resource efficient way to craft cakes.

I incorrectly prioritized time and used a combination of the rare + premium recipes to minimize time lost. As a result, I just realized how inefficient the rare recipe is compared to the premium recipe in terms of flour used. I could have had the entire table cleared and then some, if I added in all the lost cakes.

As someone who did many Master's level projects on supply chain efficiency, I can't believe it took me 13.8 days into this event to realize my error. I **know** better than that make such a silly error than that.

/facepalm

chrono01

That is the most resource efficient way to craft cakes.

I incorrectly prioritized time and used a combination of the rare + premium recipes to minimize time lost. As a result, I just realized how inefficient the rare recipe is compared to the premium recipe in terms of flour used. I could have had the entire table cleared and then some, if I added in all the lost cakes.

As someone who did many Master's level projects on supply chain efficiency, I can't believe it took me 13.8 days into this event to realize my error. I **know** better than that make such a silly error than that.

/facepalm
Mistakes were made.

I hope you were able to grab at least a few of the items that interested you. There's still a few days left for baking too so there's that (assuming you have the ingredients to do so).

Lyrian

Mistakes were made.

I hope you were able to grab at least a few of the items that interested you. There's still a few days left for baking too so there's that (assuming you have the ingredients to do so).

Yup. Lesson learned for next time.

At this point, all I have left are 7 pots, the HP+15% and the Rabbit Foot that can still be obtained.

Trying to keep my brain awake long enough to make it through 2 more DF runs so that I can end up with 90k more cakes for the pots and the HP ability. Hopefully, I can stay awake that long.

Lyrian

Apparently, we just did hit the final milestone in the last hour.

For 5 BILLION mogcakes before the server downtime in 2 hours:

100 Lapis
50 Energy Potion
1 "set"?? of megacites
5 metal cactaurs

1 Summon Ticket

Perhaps sent to inbox when the servers come back up, I think?

chrono01

Apparently, we just did hit the final milestone in the last hour.

For 5 BILLION mogcakes before the server downtime in 2 hours:

100 Lapis
50 Energy Potion
1 "set"?? of megacites
5 metal cactaurs

1 Summon Ticket

Perhaps sent to inbox when the servers come back up, I think?
Nice! I asked about this yesterday, having remember something about it, but I wasn't sure if my mind was playing tricks on me or not. 100 Lapis and one Summon Ticket is...eh, not much, but free is free!

Malakhov

Banned
Anyone else playing with two accounts? I feel that I might not be able to go through two accounts in the future if it gets as complete as the JP release.

tuffymon

That's only cause you have two accounts that are both rocking~ Would you even consider this if one was severely lacking to the other?

Malakhov

Banned
That's only cause you have two accounts that are both rocking~ Would you even consider this if one was severely lacking to the other?

No I wouldn't. It's true that my second account is also pretty damn nice and I was even able to keep up the cake farming for both accounts in this event. Maybe one of the accounts will get lightning and the other wont and this will be the final factor in giving one up.

So I'm all alone? :(

tuffymon

I've had enough of a struggle with one party (and my amazing pull powers), I'd personally hate myself if I had the same luck on both accounts...

Malakhov

Banned
Just read in the thread that in the future we will be needing two tanks? Why's that?

I have two Leos sitting in my TM waiting line, should I level one up this weekend to go with WoL?

tuffymon

It comes and go. Been extremely unlucky since last week on both accounts besides one pull.

I've had some luck, just... most of it has been used on mage types >.>; I'm not a fan of them... 2x kefka, 2x golbez, exdeath, terra, and 5 shantotto's waiting to give their tm goodness. Whereas combat wise I have a firion, at least he's not picky with his gear.

Malakhov

Banned
I've had some luck, just... most of it has been used on mage types >.>; I'm not a fan of them... 2x kefka, 2x golbez, exdeath, terra, and 5 shantotto's waiting to give their tm goodness. Whereas combat wise I have a firion, at least he's not picky with his gear.

I get you, at least with the upcoming banner you can maybe get your hands on Chizuru or CoD.

UrSuLeTzU

Maint kicked in, the NIGHTMARE is over! I guess If I bake all my cakes I could get close to 200k, guess I'll be gettint that trust rat after all, smh.

Kouriozan

Not even doing daily summons for the FB banner since I got every unit with even a second Chizuru for that Blade Mastery.
Next week will be Brave Frontier collab I guess, then our first 6* for October.

Malakhov

Banned
Not even doing daily summons for the FB banner since I got every unit with even a second Chizuru for that Blade Mastery.
Next week will be Brave Frontier collab I guess, then our first 6* for October.
Our first 6*? They release them one by one? And are the awakening materials already in the game?

I want Garland to awaken to 6* so badly, he will finally have ability slots and I will slap him barrage, he'll be a monster.

Zafir

I might as well for CoD(and WoL but like I'll get him).

I'm sure it'll increase my Kefka and Lenna armies, but oh well! Easier Rods and Ribbons I guess....

Malakhov

Banned
Looking at the 6* units, Firion with dual wield and barrage will be great. He has a ton of new killer skills like dragon killer, legend killer etc.. And pretty much all weapon masteries.

desverger

Looks like Lands of Plenty is coming back. I suppose this event was held during the soft launch period of the game - how grindy was it and can someone lay down the basics of the event?

Just read in the thread that in the future we will be needing two tanks? Why's that?

I have two Leos sitting in my TM waiting line, should I level one up this weekend to go with WoL?
You won't need two tanks, it'll just make some things (mainly certain mission objectives) more convenient. The only time I've used two tanks was to get the no death objective in the Dark Siren/Dark Ifrit trial.

I guess I technically used two tanks in the FFXIV event with Charlotte and WoL, but that's only because I needed Charlotte's aoe esuna.

Razmos

That shining splendor sword is pretty good.

Really worries me that the flavour text for the damn thing makes mention of how tedious and expensive it is to craft, great. More grinding.

Malakhov

Banned
You won't need two tanks, it'll just make some things (mainly certain mission objectives) more convenient. The only time I've used two tanks was to get the no death objective in the Dark Siren/Dark Ifrit trial.

I guess I technically used two tanks in the FFXIV event with Charlotte and WoL, but that's only because I needed Charlotte's aoe esuna.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom