• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valus

Why would you do that when a way better banner is right around the corner? Fencer shouldn't be worth 20 pulls no matter what. Is a half naked bunny girl really that big of a deal?

Based on how thirsty some people in this thread are for her, I'd say yes she is a big deal.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thinking of my plan for the next month or so.

I'll definitely roll a few dailies on the upcoming banner. Kefka, Chizzy, Lenna, and CoD would all be welcomed. Lenna's staff would be great for any healer and another one would cut my time in half. Kefka, same thing for the Bow. Even though my current is at 60%, getting it much earlier would free up another spot. Chizzy would be the same thing. There is no reason for me to have two of her. I have Buttz, Garland, and Artz. And honestly. her limited selection of equipment make it too hard for me to equip her anyways. And I would love a CoD. WoL, I have 2 and a Cecil. I got enough to tank through anything.

I may hold off on additional pulls till Tuesday the following week to see what's the next banner. If it is the tactics or FFIV, I'll probably do another pull or two since I don't have much interest in those. If it's a banner with Lightning, Lud, and Char. I'm in for it. If it is the FFBE with Tilith, I'm in it too.

Unit wise, overall I feel like I'm sitting in a nice spot. The only thing I'm lacking is a 6* healer. Where hopefully Refia or Tilith can eventually fill. Possible a 6* Fina.

Upcoming items I have coming too, are another two Tickets and some additional lapis from the giveaways. So I'll be back in a good position. About 15k Lapis and 10 Tickets by month's end.

Looking at TMs. My current list is Chizzy, Cecil, Buttz, Zid, and Totto 1.

After, I'll probably finish off Kefka and do 4x Kain's to clear out for a Gungair. I figure that should be my next two to 3 months.

Events will be whatever appeals to me. If the Ore is easy enough, I'll get the sword, but I'm in no rush.

Why would you do that when a way better banner is right around the corner? Fencer shouldn't be worth 20 pulls no matter what. Is a half naked bunny girl really that big of a deal?
Of course, she's a half naked bunny girl :D

In all honesty I would not have been broken up about not getting her since there is better units out there or coming up.

This games gatcha is kind of weird to me. Ever since I acquired a team that will eventually 6* I haven't cared to pull. I just don't see needing anymore units. I don't tm grind so the TM rewards aren't even intriguing me either. Until a unit comes along that inherently is more powerful than mine, I don't feel the need to pull.

Kouriozan

This games gatcha is kind of weird to me. Ever since I acquired a team that will eventually 6* I haven't cared to pull. I just don't see needing anymore units. I don't tm grind so the TM rewards aren't even intriguing me either. Until a unit comes along that inherently is more powerful than mine, I don't feel the need to pull.
Gumi's fault for delaying base 5* units so much :p

Pbae

I'm in a similar situation but I do have a soft spot for specific characters. Like, I don't need a Fencer at all but I still want her b/c her animation is nice and has a lot of personality.

If Quistis Trepe were to ever come out, I'm fairly certain she'll be on the same tier as Shadow but I'll pull for her regardless.

Well its partially the fault of how the game works too

Since you do everything in a single turn and have to take a volley of damage in a single turn the priority of min/maxing and burst damage takes priority in the rankings

Even though some of the highest level fights require utitlity to get through. Look how valuable debuff and status effects are in the FD fight

Either way though I dont see preferences changing when JP players continue to be easily successful with the best of the best

Now that this event is over I can farm light megacrysts for crafting the HP 15% but there seems to be no good place to do that. They are pretty rare and inefficient to mine in Lanzelt Highlands and Golzas Canyon. I think I got most of mine from TM bonus drops in Phantom Forest but maybe I am misremembering, what is the best place to farm these?

Zafir

Well it's also trying to maximise your lapis as a F2P person isn't it. Fencer will eventually fall off due to not being able to compete with 6* later down the line, however characters that do have 6* forms will hold up much better and thus are considered a better investment.

Andvary

I did my daily pull earlier today, blue crystal, then turned golden... Fencer! So happy! , it's my first 4 star base unit.

Valus

Curious if the event is going to drop a ton of mats or if it'll be gravity rod levels of bad again. It being 4 days long is bizarre given the requirements. Was the old land of plenty event exploration events?

Pejo

Curious if the event is going to drop a ton of mats or if it'll be gravity rod levels of bad again. It being 4 days long is bizarre given the requirements. Was the old land of plenty event exploration events?

I didn't find the Gravity Rod event to be all that offensive personally. It definitely seemed shitty at first, but when you actually played, it wasn't hard to get enough mats for a single rod without micromanaging stamina or anything.

I'm planning on doing enough farming for 2 of these swords since it's such a common weapon type, unless they have additional gating of some sort, or the cave ore rate is abysmal.

Pejo

Wait, Bartz' auto-potion doesn't count towards the item use trophy? What the heck? It definitely uses up potions.

Yep, just like stealing in the Colosseum doesn't count towards the steal trophy. Some of these decisions are just weird.

Caim

FINALLY GOT FENCER

Been doing every 250 lapis pull and got crap and I was just like "Ehhh might as well do another single pull."

Now I can go back to saving lapis.

:p

EDIT: If I didn't already have the majority of the characters getting rate ups in the next banner I would have saved for sure.

chrono01

Congrats to the new Fencer owners!

My daily pull gave me (yet another) Rydia. Blizzaga TM here I come!
Kill me now.

I have just under 8k Lapis and 8 Tickets, and am tempted to try more for Fencer, but really...she wouldn't serve much use in future content for me (unless she gets a 6* which, if she does, will be back in another gatcha so I'll have another chance at her). I'm already pretty set with physical attackers (Zhizuru, CoD, Garland, Juggler), I just want Fencer because she's cute and has a useful/unique TM. :(

I must resist.

Edit:

Heh, another one as I was posting that. Congrats, Caim!

chrono01

Man, not sure what to do. I want Fencer, don't really need her though. I have 7500 Lapis and 8 Tickets. I won't be pulling during the FB banner, since I have all but WoL. I do want to save Ticket for FFT though, not to mention the Tlith banner (and Lightning).

Ugh.

Choices.

scarlet

Another fucking Kain! I swear this has been my worst banner of the game!

I take that gungnir over my esuna

Man, not sure what to do. I want Fencer, don't really need her though. I have 7500 Lapis and 8 Tickets. I won't be pulling during the FB banner, since I have all but WoL. I do want to save Ticket for FFT though, not to mention the Tlith banner (and Lightning).

Ugh.

Choices.

Save it

CCIE

Banned
I'll do daily pull tomorrow. After the disaster that was the last WoL banner where I spent EVERYTHING, I am back up to 5K lapis and 16 tickets. I'll probably spend a ticket with daily pull to see if I can get a banner unit

Lyrian

Phase 2: The Rydia Report
----------------------------------------

Insane farming last night led to maxing out 4* Rydia, which gave her EVO MAG +20%

As recap, here is a screenshot of maxed 3* Rydia.

FoG1Wwsm.png

So, by wiki definition, the expected value for her damage at 4* max should be 20% over what is pictured.

Drum roll please....

hCwA2hr.png

Hrmm...

777138/577557 = 1.34556, or a 34.556% damage increase. That's not 20%.

Also, for comparison, measuring against a unit with no EVO MAG at all:

777138/449328 = 1.72956, or a 72.956% damage increase. Not bad for "+30% damage".

*** Interestingly, Golbez with EVO MAG+30 alone, yields 794,032 damage. This would suggest that there is a LevelCorrection factor of the summoner in play in deriving esper damage.

So, what happened? It is very likely that like the melee damage equation, esper attack ratings are squared and divided by the target's SPR. I'm reasonably sure that espers use some proportion of MAG and SPR in their attack calculations, but I am unsure of the proportions at the moment.

At 5*, with the addition of EVO MAG +30%, I am expecting her to easily shatter the target objective of breaching 1 million damage and then some (maybe as much as 1.2 million?).

NEXT: With Diabolos coming out in two weeks or so, that would provide an excellent opportunity to work with a fresh esper and figure out damage weighting and proportions.

/end nerdrant

Folstern

I'm probably the only one excited to have a tank sword. After only a day of on and off farming the Earth Shrine I have probably 75% of the materials I need to craft one. Might make two. Still need to get Dragon Scales for the HP+15% though...

chrono01

I had 8 Tickets and told myself that I would use a few up and end on 5, to try for Fencer a few more times. It just seemed like a nice number to end on.

Ticket #8 gave me Edgar.

Ticket #7 gave me Shadow (of course it did).

Ticket #6 gave me...

I...I actually did it? Bunny Waifu obtained. \o/

Lyrian

I'm probably the only one excited to have a tank sword. After only a day of on and off farming the Earth Shrine I have probably 75% of the materials I need to craft one. Might make two. Still need to get Dragon Scales for the HP+15% though...

Lanzelt Highlands is your best friend for that. I still need farm Light Megacrysts to finish off my remaining HP +15% abilities.

Lyrian

I had 8 Tickets and told myself that I would use a few up and end on 5, to try for Fencer a few more times. It just seemed like a nice number to end on.

Ticket #8 gave me Edgar.

Ticket #6 gave me...

Congrats!

Must.... not... pull...... /babbles incoherently

chrono01

Congrats!

Must.... not... pull...... /babbles incoherently
Thanks. I honestly can't believe it, I never expected it to work out I just felt like I needed to try. That makes both Fencer and Juggler obtained, which means both unique TM too. Should be fun.

If it helps, what changed my mind were the summon statistics on Reddit. It was just under 5% or so for Fencer (the other two sitting at something like 4%), so not entirely terrible. Having seen quite a few in here pull her, as well as on Reddit, made me give in and do a few more pulls. Maybe set a number in your head (preferably low) like I did and see how things work out?

CCIE

Banned
Congrats Chrono! I am waiting for the FB banner to do a few pulls. Probably a daily, and a ticket each day for a couple of days to see what I can get. I would like to get WoL, or CoD, but dupes aren't too bad for TM farming. My Kains have almost produced Gugnir in very little time. My first decent TMR is probably a week or so away depending on the event and the amount of time dedicated there

I think I'm going to run Shrine Exploration the next few days to get ahead on lumber - I have no need for the Gigantaurs unless I pull one of WoL or CoD. You need by my count 480 lumber for the new sword. I already have 180 lumber, so may not be too bad. All I know is that the HP+15% crafting requirements may simply be too high. I'll go ahead and craft the Stonra Blade, because I have everything, and can get rid of those mats. But the megacrysts and dragon scales for HP+15% are starting to piss me off a little.

tuffymon

Ticket #8 gave me Edgar.

Ticket #6 gave me...

Nice! Congrats on pulling and actually snagging her.

chrono01

Congrats Chrono! I am waiting for the FB banner to do a few pulls. Probably a daily, and a ticket each day for a couple of days to see what I can get. I would like to get WoL, or CoD, but dupes aren't too bad for TM farming. My Kains have almost produced Gugnir in very little time. My first decent TMR is probably a week or so away depending on the event and the amount of time dedicated there

I think I'm going to run Shrine Exploration the next few days to get ahead on lumber - I have no need for the Gigantaurs unless I pull one of WoL or CoD. You need by my count 480 lumber for the new sword. I already have 180 lumber, so may not be too bad. All I know is that the HP+15% crafting requirements may simply be too high. I'll go ahead and craft the Stonra Blade, because I have everything, and can get rid of those mats. But the megacrysts and dragon scales for HP+15% are starting to piss me off a little.
Thanks!

Man, I really hope you can manage WoL next banner. I'm skipping on it myself (not enough needed for me to try), but I know you went through hell during WoL's debut, so you definitely deserve him. Here's hoping you can get either him or CoD.

Nice! Congrats on pulling and actually snagging her.
Thanks! :)

Lyrian

Thanks. I honestly can't believe it, I never expected it to work out I just felt like I needed to try. That makes both Fencer and Juggler obtained, which means both unique TM too. Should be fun.

If it helps, what changed my mind were the summon statistics on Reddit. It was just under 5% or so for Fencer (the other two sitting at something like 4%), so not entirely terrible. Having seen quite a few in here pull her, as well as on Reddit, made me give in and do a few more pulls. Maybe set a number in your head (preferably low) like I did and see how things work out?

Gave it a few more tries...

All 4* max units.

Welp, I tried, without busting the bank. Wasn't meant to be. At least as a minor consolation prize, I now have all the 4* max units. Yay?

chrono01

Gave it a few more tries...

All 4* max units.

Welp, I tried, without busting the bank. Wasn't meant to be. At least as a minor consolation prize, I now have all the 4* max units. Yay?
There's a positive side to everything!
Except probably this.

I'm sorry. :(

Ticket #8 gave me Edgar.

Ticket #6 gave me...

Congrats on the bunny waifu pull :D

Lyrian

I'm in the FB banner until I pull a CoD. That should be rather quickly as the 2 4*s should make for a rather large chance at the 3 3* base units.

Dragon scales are a pain in the ass. I got mine through a combination of farming/stealing from Tyrannosaurs in Lanzelt Highlands Exploration and Colosseum INT-A-5. They are still quite rare though :/

Light megacrysts outright suck. At least you can kind of hope for a few from the nodes in Lanzelt Highlands while trying for the 1 scale per run there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom