• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

There's a positive side to everything!
Except probably this.

I'm sorry. :(

It's to be expected. I can't whale in this game, so the expectation of pulling the desirable units is completely illogical.

I'm surprised that I even got 1 of the 3 banner units after a week. So, I'll take the wins where I can get them.

It's to be expected. I can't whale in this game, so the expectation of pulling the desirable units is completely illogical.

I'm surprised that I even got 1 of the 3 banner units after a week. So, I'll take the wins where I can get them.

Pretty much this. I'm glad I learned this with another mobile game that I played f2p so I can deal with the crap pulls and not rage like mad

tuffymon

Pretty much this. I'm glad I learned this with another mobile game that I played f2p so I can deal with the crap pulls and not rage like mad

Same, doesn't mean I'm not sad when I get so many undesirables though. Even stacking the numbers in my favor and spiking one event doesn't mean you'll get what you want... I'm at 10800 lapis / 20 tickets, and I'll either have an amazing pull (whenever that is) and hopefully stop early, or I'll want to cut my wrists.

chrono01

Congrats on the bunny waifu pull :D
:)

Yeah, I can't "whale" for these games either. I play a lot of gatcha games, and the only times I purchase currency are if they have a generous bundle on-sale (for a low cost) or if I feel the company deserves a bit of my support for doing a great job. It's part of why I get so excited when I actually get anything good with the currency I earn for free. I'd never spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars going after something specific. At that point, even if I managed to get what I was after, the amount of money spent in doing so would sour the experience anyway. :/

Lyrian

Same, doesn't mean I'm not sad when I get so many undesirables though. Even stacking the numbers in my favor and spiking one event doesn't mean you'll get what you want... I'm at 10800 lapis / 20 tickets, and I'll either have an amazing pull (whenever that is) and hopefully stop early, or I'll want to cut my wrists.

:)

Yeah, I can't "whale" for these games either. I play a lot of gatcha games, and the only times I purchase currency are if they have a generous bundle on-sale (for a low cost) or if I feel the company deserves a bit of my support for doing a great job. It's part of why I get so excited when I actually get anything good with the currency I earn for free. I'd never spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars going after something specific. At that point, even if I managed to get what I was after, the amount of money spent in doing so would sour the experience anyway. :/

And to think the real "fun" starts with the introduction 5* base units next week (or in two weeks absolute max).

Your logic here pretty much explains why I am going through with the whole Rydia thing. Is seriously not optimal? Incredibly so. Am I grinding the absolutely wrong TMs? You better believe it. You make do with what you get. Non-whales are going to get the ideal units, but the mid-tier units are usually workable (just with more effort required). After all, as with real life, money buys power, even in virtual environments.

desverger

I...I actually did it? Bunny Waifu obtained. o/

Congrats! She's a great unit for now, and getting a Barrage TM for her (eventually) will just make her better.

edit: My plan for Fencer is to actually use her as a sort of a tank. Pair her with Golem and combo Provoke / Concentrate.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Glad that i will finally be able to level up some units - was on vacation the last time Cactuars were up so ill use all my stamina for them.

I had 8 Tickets and told myself that I would use a few up and end on 5, to try for Fencer a few more times. It just seemed like a nice number to end on.

Ticket #8 gave me Edgar.

Ticket #7 gave me Shadow (of course it did).

Ticket #6 gave me...

I...I actually did it? Bunny Waifu obtained. \o/

Awesome congrats - man the more she shows up in my friendlist the sadder i get that i dont have her and wont be able to get her after this event lol. They should have made Juggler as OP as he was in PaD when they first were introduced hah.

chrono01

And to think the real "fun" starts with the introduction 5* base units next week (or in two weeks absolute max).
Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to the first 6*, just so I can sit back, relax, and bathe myself in all of the grief/salt over on the FFBE Reddit over people complaining about not receiving a 5* base character with their first five summon tickets? If so, I don't want to be right!

Anyone who's legit expecting to pull a 5* base/rainbow unit is setting themselves up for disappointment, regardless of how much you have saved. I'm going to give it a multi-summon, but nothing beyond that. I expect absolutely nothing. :/

Congrats! She's a great unit for now, and getting a Barrage TM for her (eventually) will just make her better.

edit: My plan for Fencer is to actually use her as a sort of a tank. Pair her with Golem and combo Provoke / Concentrate.
I wanted her mostly for her art and TM, but she's definitely going to get some use right now! I evolved her to 5* already, and will finish off her leveling thanks to the Cactuar Dunes starting shortly (and my stockpile of NRG Bottles). I very much look forward to it.

I wish I had Barrage, though. I do have a Luna (at 10% TMR), but there's no way I'll be getting that one for a while. I don't Nox nor Bot the TM grinding, so it just comes naturally.

Awesome congrats - man the more she shows up in my friendlist the sadder i get that i dont have her and wont be able to get her after this event lol. They should have made Juggler as OP as he was in PaD when they first were introduced hah.
Thanks!

Don't give up! If she ever receives a 6*, you'll get another chance! I know, it's unlikely, given the amount of time that has passed in the Japanese version since her release and the fact that she hasn't gotten one yet, but you never know.

desverger

So are we gonna keep getting those cake mats for a week still? This could put me over 55k, enough for the shield and mace.

Daily pull: Blue turned to gold turned to 4* Russell. WOO!

Dandte

7 pulls

Sabin (dupe)
Maria (dupe)
Lenna (dupe)
Orange...omg...4* fran...nvm (dupe)
Kefka (dupe)
Penelo (dupe)
Cloud of darkness (dupe)

No tickets left for lightning and still no vaan, wol or chizuru

windfish

so glad I re-rolled a dozen times when I started the game, haven't pulled a single top tier unit since kefka during the chiz banner.

as always - new banner new shadow :(
...at least my get go team is pretty good

tuffymon

Well, decided on 10 tickets for the entirety of this banner, and half pulls... Definitely had ups and downs, seems like I have work to do >.>;

Bedile, Locke, 4*Galuf, Kefka, Zidane, 4*Edgar, Edgar, 4*Anzelum, Shadow, Chizuru, Penelo.

Already have a Locke and two Kefkas, one will make a weapon faster, the other a crazy mage party.

Side note, the list shows Kefka > Exdeath. Kefka has a few more magic points over Exdeath, but Exdeath gets a 30% mag passive, Kefka a 20%, using 3x 30% mag / ultima who wins out?

scarlet

Got my 4th rydia. Seriously, I haven't gotten useful unit so far from my daily pull.

Thankfully DQ 7 is here. So I can take a break from this.

CCIE

Banned
Well, the search for a tank continues, but I pulled CoD with my 1/2 daily summon. I'll try a few more times, but it just may not be

Finally a banner I'm excited for. I had 3 tickets and 900 lapis saved up, which I know isn't huge but is quite a stockpile for me as I'm pretty casual about the game.

Daily pull... turns orange! FML, it's another dang Anzelm.

Okay, still have my 3 tickets.

So what do I get?

A Shadow, making it now the 16th I've gotten.

And... 2... more... Anzelm.

That's right. 4 pulls today, and I got 3 Anzelm and a Shadow. I give up.

half price pull....ITS GOTTA BE KAIN

ticket pull cause i had 11 tickets and odd numbers suck.......KEFKA.

Well Golbez, you had a good run, im gonna miss that firaga though

linkent

How do I farm LB?
Pull 4x.
Kain, Rydia, Kefka, Kefka..
Shiiiit i already have Kefka!
Is there any use for many ribbons or should i just TM and fuse them for 1 which will be equiped on healer?

Thinking spending more tickets now zzz.
Since it will last for 1 week, guess i will just half gem pull till last day and see what i get.

chrono01

Sorry for all of those having early/terrible luck. The banner just started, there's more than enough time to turn everything around!

As for the rest of you...

Worth spamming tickets on this banner?

I have WoL, Chirizu and Lenna already.
It's up to you.

Kefka and CoD are 3* base units and are pretty amazing, so you're odds are decent you'll get them. You have the more difficult-to-obtain ones (in theory), by having WoL and Chizuru.

Well, decided on 10 tickets for the entirety of this banner, and half pulls... Definitely had ups and downs, seems like I have work to do >.>;

Bedile, Locke, 4*Galuf, Kefka, Zidane, 4*Edgar, Edgar, 4*Anzelum, Shadow, Chizuru, Penelo.
Congrats on the Zidane and Chizuru!

Well, the search for a tank continues, but I pulled CoD with my 1/2 daily summon. I'll try a few more times, but it just may not be
Hey, congrats on the CoD! Gotta celebrate every victory. :)

Decided to use 1 ticket. Got a fucking CECIL

YAAAAAASSSS

I literally screaming

Excalibur is mine bitches
Congrats, man.

A tank still eludes me, maybe one day...

Half pull of the day... Cloud of Darkness.

. . .

It's my third CoD.
I was about to congratulate you...

Then I saw the rest. :(

Daily pull blue crystal, turns to yellow....Chizuru!
\o/!

Pulled 5x on alt. Got my 2nd and 3rd Firion back to back. Wtf....
That's just broken. :/

half price pull....ITS GOTTA BE KAIN

ticket pull cause i had 11 tickets and odd numbers suck.......KEFKA.

Well Golbez, you had a good run, im gonna miss that firaga though
Kefka is incredible, enjoy.

Pull 4x.
Kain, Rydia, Kefka, Kefka..
Shiiiit i already have Kefka!
Is there any use for many ribbons or should i just TM and fuse them for 1 which will be equiped on healer?

Thinking spending more tickets now zzz.
Since it will last for 1 week, guess i will just half gem pull till last day and see what i get.
I'd save them for multiple ribbons personally, but ultimately the choice is yours!

wilstreak

first daily pull Bartz (dupe)
then decide to pull again, yellow crystal, i have a bad feeling about this (since already got Chiz and WoL)
and Cyan.

the only thing i want is CoD. Hope i get it.

CCIE

Banned
Pulled a second CoD, and a third Kefka... Down to 12 tickets so I will save those - better chance of pulling Cecil than WoL in the future. Do a few more daily pulls on this banner, and see what happens over the next few days. Finally pulled Penelo - amazingly enough I didn't have her in my inventory yet

Cactuars it is after all, so I can level up my new CoD's. I'll be able to barrage the crap out of everything in PvP when it shows

scarlet

I guess I'm done pulling for now. After 10 daily pulls and 8 tickets, finally I got what I want (Cecil). Still want Miyuki and CoD, but I'm not gonna test my (bad) luck. Now I have 2 tanks, WoL and Cecil, gonna make them BFF.

Bye for now Rydia, Bedile, Lani, Shadow, Russell. I hope I won't see you again in the future.

Exploration.

Bring along Fina, Bartz or Galuf if you have them. Use Entrust.

Decided to use ES exit so I can farm TM too. Very ineffective to farm LB but I managed to bought 4 pots, so Cecil's LB already level 2 now.

Pulled a second CoD, and a third Kefka... Down to 12 tickets so I will save those - better chance of pulling Cecil than WoL in the future. Do a few more daily pulls on this banner, and see what happens over the next few days. Finally pulled Penelo - amazingly enough I didn't have her in my inventory yet

Cactuars it is after all, so I can level up my new CoD's. I'll be able to barrage the crap out of everything in PvP when it shows

Just do daily and wait until next banner announcement and decide what would you do with those tickets.

Good to see so many folks getting great pulls on this banner!

Congrats all!

Thanks. Not pulling?

Congrats, man.

A tank still eludes me, maybe one day...

Congrats on your fencer too!

bonkeng

Decided to do 5k multipull on alt since alt lacks WoL and Chizuru.

Result:

3GS5FTS.png

Woot.

1/2 pull and 5 tickets used this morning.

3* Firion (new)
3* Leanna
3* Cloud of Darkness (new)
3* Sabin
3* Russell
4* Chizuru (new)

Whelp, done with this banner! Already have Kefka and WoL.

bonkeng

4/5! That's crazy luck. Congrats! I envy your luck

Thanks. If I didn't get Chizu and WoL, I would have abandoned this account.

Thanks man.

That, right there, is one incredible pull. Nicely done, and congrats!

Wow, CoD, Chizuru, 2x Lenna, and a WoL in one multi-pull... O_O

Is this one of those situations where your alt becomes your main? Haha.

Well, my main is no slouch either. Cecil, WoL, Chizuru, Exdeath, 2xCoD, and a bunch of useful TM (Zidane, 2x Amarant, Miyuki) that my alt doesn't have.

Although my alt have all the confirmed 6* upgrade except Garland.

I'm going to keep playing both until one leaves the other behind lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom