• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

tariniel

I did the daily, an 11 pull, and used 10 tickets in the hope of getting at least CoD, or best case Chiz, since I already have tons of magic units and a maxed out WoL.

I ended up with an extra 4* WoL, 2 Kefka, 2 Lenna from on-banner, and the rest off-banner. Some of the off-banners were MORE magic units, Kuja, Exdeath... man. The game wants me to use magic. I also got a Leo, Cecil and Miyuki that I kept. The rest were garbage that I immediately sold.

I have 15 tickets left but I'm going to hold onto them and do daily pulls until last day of banner. I really need a CoD to replace Lasswell on my phys team although looking at the stats Leo would be better then Lasswell potentially... I guess there's that if I can't pull CoD or Chiz.

What should I do with my extra WoL, Kefka and Lenna though? Are they worth keeping around for TMR eventually?

bonkeng

His rank (via F2P) suggests either loads of hours or a trainer via emulation.

Well, you're right that i did use emulation. Farming TM via Nox.

My rank is nothing special. I think most here are around the same rank. My main and alt are both rank 47 currently.

What should I do with my extra WoL, Kefka and Lenna though? Are they worth keeping around for TMR eventually?

Kefk and Lenna's TM are good. Least you can do is farm and fuse for atleast 1 TM. WoL's TM is borderline trash, but still better to keep him around than fuse him.

I did the daily, an 11 pull, and used 10 tickets in the hope of getting at least CoD, or best case Chiz, since I already have tons of magic units and a maxed out WoL.

I ended up with an extra 4* WoL, 2 Kefka, 2 Lenna from on-banner, and the rest off-banner. Some of the off-banners were MORE magic units, Kuja, Exdeath... man. The game wants me to use magic. I also got a Leo, Cecil and Miyuki that I kept. The rest were garbage that I immediately sold.

I have 15 tickets left but I'm going to hold onto them and do daily pulls until last day of banner. I really need a CoD to replace Lasswell on my phys team although looking at the stats Leo would be better then Lasswell potentially... I guess there's that if I can't pull CoD or Chiz.

Once tougher content comes out you will absolutely want to tanks. Ideally one WoL and one Cecil but.

Fe3TWKu.jpg

Yes, got WOL after only using 3 tickets. Now I can take it easy and just do half off pulls since I got what I wanted and have left over resources for next banner.

CCIE

Banned
I've made a few mistakes with this game - going all in on WoL was the worst one by far. I will continue on with what I have at this time, but there is a piece of me that wants to Reroll. I may do so when the Lightning banner comes - haven't decided yet. Then I could maintain two accounts until one distinguishes itself

I have every single DPS unit, and every single mage. Somehow, Zidane, Locke, Garnett and a tank of any sort has eluded me, along with a few other TMR notables. However, if we could trade I could outfit people here with attacking power in SPADES.

Valus

I'm using this quote as a springboard, not directing everything at you, so hopefully you don't feel singled out - but I confess to not quite understanding all the people who are doing, or considering doing, multiple pulls on day 1 of a banner.

An 11 pull is 5000 Lapis. You get 10 standard pulls and 1 guaranteed 4 star pull, which is potentially nice, I suppose. But for 1750 lapis you can do a daily half-off pull every day of the banner, and then "catching up" to the 11 count only costs you another 2k lapis. You're still coming in under the 5k, for the tradeoff of the guaranteed 4-star.

If you're hard chasing Fencer or WoL or whichever other 4* base unit then maybe the 11-pull is worth it, but if you're just hoping to grab a CoD or a Lenna or (etc.) then I don't see a real advantage in not simply doing daily pulls each day and then deciding on the last day whether you want to drop more lapis (or tickets) into the banner.

I've done half-off pulls literally every day since they were implemented. I'd peg my luck at a bit above average - notables are Zidane, Firion, Vaan (2), Leo, Kain (2), Locke (4), Garland, Shantotto (2), Celes (3). No huge short-term power increases (then again, they aren't even remotely needed right now), but some valuable TMs and some units that will be handy at varying points in the future. Thing is, I'd be way in the red if I'd tried messing with 11 pulls to get those units, but instead I'm taking the slow road and just making cheap daily pulls and rolling with what comes my way. As a F2P player that seems like the wise call in the long run, but I'm definitely open to an argument for a different tactic.

I have 40 summon tickets stored up (I spent 5 on the FF6 banner chasing Celes, Leo, and Terra, and got the first two) and even with doing daily pulls, I've managed to keep my lapis above 5k - while buying the premium mogcake pattern and expanding my inventory and unit slots - through rank ups as well as the handy-dandy Facebook lapis infusion.

Outside of the guaranteed 4*, a pull is a pull is a pull. Cheap pulls > expensive pulls. Save your expenditures for the final day!... I think.

You're generally right that daily pulls are the way to go, but you should understand that most people get really excited about a new banner they were waiting for and don't want to just pull one a day. That's not exhilirating at all, especially after waiting x days/weeks/months for it to finally arrive. It doesn't help that they are on forums like this where people are posting about their pulls, tempting them to pull more.

That's all there is to it, really. It's exciting and fun for people to pull on banner release day when everyone else is pulling so they can share their success/failures together.

Pejo

I've made a few mistakes with this game - going all in on WoL was the worst one by far. I will continue on with what I have at this time, but there is a piece of me that wants to Reroll. I may do so when the Lightning banner comes - haven't decided yet. Then I could maintain two accounts until one distinguishes itself

I have every single DPS unit, and every single mage. Somehow, Zidane, Locke, Garnett and a tank of any sort has eluded me, along with a few other TMR notables. However, if we could trade I could outfit people here with attacking power in SPADES.

Only since I know you are the other grieving WoL'less person on this board, what are you doing this time? Daily pulls? Gonna throw some tickets at it? I dropped too much money last banner, don't want to do that again.

CCIE

Banned
I threw some tickets at it - not all of them. And I am doing daily pulls. Will probably go all in on Cecil when FFIV banner comes. Reroll then if I still cannot get a tank, because this is crazy. My account has literally everything but a few TMR units and a tank of any sort. Even a crappy one. My PVP team will probably end up being two CoD, Garland with Barrage, Chiz, and ExDeath. If it lasts for more than a round I'm effed

So with everyone having so much luck, I decided to throw 500 more lapis at the game and did another pull.

Got another Shadow.

Which means of my five pulls today, I got 3 Anzelms and 2 Shadows.

I mean... WTF. Either I am officially the most unlucky SOB of all time or my game is glitched. I know it's probably the former, but this is getting absurd. I'll do a couple more daily pulls, but I might be getting close to calling it quits on this game. I've enjoyed it for the most part, but the random pulls standing in the way of getting a party I'm happy with is infuriating.

tariniel

So with everyone having so much luck, I decided to throw 500 more lapis at the game and did another pull.

Got another Shadow.

Which means of my five pulls today, I got 3 Anzelms and 2 Shadows.

I mean... WTF. Either I am officially the most unlucky SOB of all time or my game is glitched. I know it's probably the former, but this is getting absurd. I'll do a couple more daily pulls, but I might be getting close to calling it quits on this game. I've enjoyed it for the most part, but the random pulls standing in the way of getting a party I'm happy with is infuriating.

I got a ton of Anzelm and Shadow too. In my 22 pulls I got 3 Shadow (one of them 4*), 3 Anzelm (also 1 4*).

I really feel like buying that $25 chest so I can do another 11 pull. I've been considering spending some money on the game to show support since I've been playing it for almost 2 months now, but if I do I think I'll save the Lapis to do daily pulls rather than blow it all on this banner. We'll see.

Is there any way to view time played on iOS games? I'm curious if it records it in hours.

Shouta

I'm using this quote as a springboard, not directing everything at you, so hopefully you don't feel singled out - but I confess to not quite understanding all the people who are doing, or considering doing, multiple pulls on day 1 of a banner.

An 11 pull is 5000 Lapis. You get 10 standard pulls and 1 guaranteed 4 star pull, which is potentially nice, I suppose. But for 1750 lapis you can do a daily half-off pull every day of the banner, and then "catching up" to the 11 count only costs you another 2k lapis. You're still coming in under the 5k, for the tradeoff of the guaranteed 4-star.

If you're hard chasing Fencer or WoL or whichever other 4* base unit then maybe the 11-pull is worth it, but if you're just hoping to grab a CoD or a Lenna or (etc.) then I don't see a real advantage in not simply doing daily pulls each day and then deciding on the last day whether you want to drop more lapis (or tickets) into the banner.

I've done half-off pulls literally every day since they were implemented. I'd peg my luck at a bit above average - notables are Zidane, Firion, Vaan (2), Leo, Kain (2), Locke (4), Garland, Shantotto (2), Celes (3). No huge short-term power increases (then again, they aren't even remotely needed right now), but some valuable TMs and some units that will be handy at varying points in the future. Thing is, I'd be way in the red if I'd tried messing with 11 pulls to get those units, but instead I'm taking the slow road and just making cheap daily pulls and rolling with what comes my way. As a F2P player that seems like the wise call in the long run, but I'm definitely open to an argument for a different tactic.

I have 40 summon tickets stored up (I spent 5 on the FF6 banner chasing Celes, Leo, and Terra, and got the first two) and even with doing daily pulls, I've managed to keep my lapis above 5k - while buying the premium mogcake pattern and expanding my inventory and unit slots - through rank ups as well as the handy-dandy Facebook lapis infusion.

Outside of the guaranteed 4*, a pull is a pull is a pull. Cheap pulls > expensive pulls. Save your expenditures for the final day!... I think.

Depending on timing, it's better to pull using the regular banner than the half-priced one.

At least for JP, currency drops during events are increased by having the featured units in your party when you do the dungeon. The more units you have the bigger the drop. If you wait for the half-priced pulls, you'll lose a day or more trying to get the units to do it. You can do the dungeon without them but gathering the currency will be slower meaning you may not get all the rewards etc.

In addition, if they end up doing the promotion every you get a Trust Moogle with every summon, how many of the moogles you can get will be limited if you do only the Half-Price summons. It's every summon so a 5000 Lapis/11 Pull gets you 11 Trust Moogles. etc

Japan rate change also seemed to make the 11-summon much better now too so there's more incentives over doing just the half-priced one.

Zafir

I regret pulling so much on the previous WoL banner as well. I did around 20 and got barely anything out of it besides Lenna. It's meant I can't really mass pull at all after that as I've only got a small amount of lapis and tickets. Any lapis I've gained has been used in daily pulls so it's been staying around the same amount.

tariniel

Fun fact

Ive never pulled a 5 star

I first started playing the game during the last time WoL was on a banner, the day before the banner I rerolled like 4 or 5 times but decided to wait until the banner started before doing more. My first two pulls on that banner were a 5* WoL and a 3* Tellah, and that's what I rolled with. I haven't got another rainbow since though.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Managed to get CoD and WoL (and three extra Kefkas, but I already have like 4 of those).

(Also Zidane)

I wanted Chizuru, but I think I'm done with this banner. Only used 15 tickets and didn't have to touch my lapis, so I'm happy :p

Xion86

Hmm not sure if I should try pull this banner to get Chiz, already have the other units and don't want dupes...may save up as my tea, is pretty good right now :). I was going to post an update on how I'm getting on with the game so far and what I have etc.

tuffymon

Only since I know you are the other grieving WoL'less person on this board, what are you doing this time? Daily pulls? Gonna throw some tickets at it? I dropped too much money last banner, don't want to do that again.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, back up, there's more than just two without a WoL :(

On a serious note, can we have a little cap on pictures? Literally taking up the ENTIRE screen and pushing page down isn't enough to get out of some (cough chilly). Don't get me wrong, I'm happy whoever pulls great stuff, but there is excessiveness.

Did a half banner pull. Got Kefka again. I'll take another Ribbon. So how long are we going to get Mogcake ingredients? Is it until the claim period is over?

I only want WoL and CoD. Oh well, the rates look shitty, but I'll still pull for the half banner.

creid

At least for JP, currency drops during events are increased by having the featured units in your party when you do the dungeon. The more units you have the bigger the drop. If you wait for the half-priced pulls, you'll lose a day or more trying to get the units to do it. You can do the dungeon without them but gathering the currency will be slower meaning you may not get all the rewards etc.
They do something similar in KHUX which bothers me a little, but I feel like KHUX is a lot more generous with giving out gacha currency. Not looking forward to needing to pull to keep up with the current event.

chrono01

1/2 pull and 5 tickets used this morning.

3* Firion (new)
3* Leanna
3* Cloud of Darkness (new)
3* Sabin
3* Russell
4* Chizuru (new)

Whelp, done with this banner! Already have Kefka and WoL.
Nice set of pulls!

Cod!! Favshevhwuscaacbshscs
Congrats! So what's you next target? Orlandu, of course, but anyone else besides that?

Thanks. If I didn't get Chizu and WoL, I would have abandoned this account.

Well, my main is no slouch either. Cecil, WoL, Chizuru, Exdeath, 2xCoD, and a bunch of useful TM (Zidane, 2x Amarant, Miyuki) that my alt doesn't have.

Although my alt have all the confirmed 6* upgrade except Garland.

I'm going to keep playing both until one leaves the other behind lol.
Man, two nice accounts for sure. Can't go wrong with either!

Did 10+1 pulls. Got 2nd CoD, 2nd Lenna, Garland and Chizuru. Still missing a tank and full break unit. I really want that WoL :( Still have 11 tickets and few lapis so decisions hmmmm...

Edit: Forgot to do a daily pull. Got a gold crystal and wait for it..... 4* Fran. I almost had a heart attack, geez
Garland and Chizuru are nice, especially when the former gets his 6* awakening. Good job.

3 star Lenna on fb half pull daily. I'm done with banner saving for lightning now. Finally have dedicated healer who can 5 star for now. Should be able to try and do more trials now.
Congrats on the Lenna, she's amazing.

Wow.

I pulled a 5-star Warrior of Light from the daily pull this morning.

I......already had a WoL. Not sure how I feel. Feel like I just used up someone else's luck.
Save some WoL for the rest of us! :mad:

3* Lenna from daily. Eh, think I'm done. Only one I don't have is Chizuru who I don't care to get and I have more than enough TMs to farm. Why couldn't Exdeath or Bartz be on this banner instead.
Yeah, if you're chasing a 4* base, skipping this banner might be wise. It's what I'm doing (just need WoL). I'll just go in on the Cecil banner and hope for the best.

Congrats on the Lenna, BTW.

Got Chizuru, CoD, and Terra of note.

Not bad.
Excellent pulls.

Two pulls (daily and ticket) CoD and Maria.

Lucked out on this one as CoD was really my main target as I have no heavy hitter on my team of supports and mages.
It's nice when you hit thr target you were after. Congrats on the CoD!

WoL get! From the daily pull!
Jealous!

Also, congrats.

Did a single pull...

wew!

CseOMWIW8AA_SbD.jpg:large

Now I have Kefka, Bartz, Lenna, WoL and CoD!
Insane. Congrats, man. Love those 1/2 daily pulls that result in something incredible.

I have not pulled a tank yet. I will try a few more dailies, but it seems the game really wants me to play without one. I pulled 2 CoD's and a third Kefka, with a couple of trash units earlier
I'm thrilled with the CoD's, though I have every single DPS unit now, some in double, and every mage - some now in triple. So I shouldn't complain. Just like a young man, my team will be quick to climax, but lack stamina ;)

I will not go hog wild this time, as I think the Cecil banner may be my lucky one. (crosses fingers)
Yeah, I really need a tank too. Well, that and a Full Breaker, which is why WoL would be perfect. Considering his rate is at a little over 2%, I'm not about to pull this banner. Similar to you, I'm waiting for the Cecil banner. I might do a few 1/2 daily pulls on this one, but definitely not every day. I'm saving that for banner where I don't have 4/5 of the characters already.

Took about 20 tickets, but I finally got Warrior of Light. Phew, glad that wasn't a waste.

Really happy with my characters now. I've got Exdeath, Kefka, WoL, Cecil, Bartz, CoD, Garland, and Lenna. All I'm really missing is Zidane for dual wields, but hopefully that'll come in time.
That's a great line-up, congrats!

After today's haul, this is what my alt account looks like:

0rFua2Z.png
So many...nice...units...

Half cost pull this morning: CoD

So let me get this straight. I'm going to dump a ton of lapis and tickets into the previous banner, get trolled with 4 Jugglers (yes, 4 of them) and the last one is a 5* Thief. Never get Fencer. Then I do a single half price pull the next morning for the new banner and get CoD?
RNG works in mysterious ways.

Got Cloud of Darkness on my 1/2 cost pull. Got a bunch of shit on the following 8 ticket pulls.

I have 7800 lapis on my account. Debating pulling one of the 5000 lapis pulls.
It's not a bad banner to pull on, assuming you need several of the characters. Still, with the base 4* characters being so low, things could end poorly for you. :/

That's my rank and I started in July.

So whose is going to challenge my rolls.

Kain
Russel
Bedile
Luna
Clyne
Ouch. I'm so sorry.

You have poor luck so the rest can thrive. :(

Fe3TWKu.jpg

Yes, got WOL after only using 3 tickets. Now I can take it easy and just do half off pulls since I got what I wanted and have left over resources for next banner.
\o/!

So I was gonna quit the game but I said 'eh, fuck it, gonna pull once'

Result: Cecil

lol

I think I'm back.
The game knew and gave you what you wanted! Now you're re-invested all over again.

/insert maniacal laughter

Wow, I did 10 pulls and got some great units. 3 Kefka, 1 Lenna, and 1 COD. really wanted Chizuru but this is just as good!
Yes, those are great pulls. You did good.

Is Kefka better than Ex Death as a 6 star?
Kefka is better as a 5*, but Exdeath is better as a 6* (IMO).

Managed to get CoD and WoL (and three extra Kefkas, but I already have like 4 of those).

(Also Zidane)

I wanted Chizuru, but I think I'm done with this banner. Only used 15 tickets and didn't have to touch my lapis, so I'm happy :p
Congrats to you!

Got 2 CoD, 3 Lenna, Kefka, and no one else worth mentioning.

CoD with two hero rings is a beast. Still was hoping for Chiz and WoL.
Assuming all three were new (at least initially), you did good. CoD, Lenna, and Kefka are all great characters to have.

And yes, we all want WoL. :(

All I got was a bunch of garbage, 4 Kefkas and a 5-star Golbez

FUCK EVERYTHING
Hey, maybe Golbez will get a super-amazing, game-destroying, 6* evolution? We can hope!

eggydoo

I did 5 pulls including the daily 250
I got a 3 star Kefka
4 star Luna (already have)
3 star Clyne (already have)
4 star Lenna (already have)
and a 4 star Bedile (F me)

chrono01

Everyone in here, celebrating their new pulls, and I'm just happy I finished leveling/equipping my Fencer.

BTW, I just checked my Friend List, and I see a few GAF members who haven't logged in for 20+ days. I don't want to remove them to make room for more, but...

Lyrian

Ah thank you!

And how were your pulls today?

Gilbert and troll gold Lenna.

Only really aiming for CoD, which by all accounts should be drawn rather easily by the end of the banner (barring extremely crappy luck).

Kind of getting pissed off about all the free mogcake material still being sent out. It's a nice gesture. But dammit, I could have gotten several more hours of sleep that night if I knew that was going to happen, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom