• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

ffx_banner.png

Where's Lulu?

Gonna chronicle my dailies for this banner, after getting absolutely hosed on the last one.

Day 1: Super Troll Shadowette
Joy? No, it's a tear of despair. Gold Crystal Trolling at it's evilest. Technically a new unit, but who cares?

tuffymon

Just as a knowledge thing, since we don't actually have this yet... You HAVE to get a rainbow to get Tidus? If so, ouch, I've yet to pull a rainbow >.>;

hitmon

I accidentally wasted some (500) lapis instead of using tickets today, but I was able to join the WoL club so not a total loss. I'm not sure if I'll keep pulling to try to get a CoD or Chizuru.

chrono01

Just as a knowledge thing, since we don't actually have this yet... You HAVE to get a rainbow to get Tidus? If so, ouch, I've yet to pull a rainbow >.>;
Correct.

Accidentally wasted some lapis today, but I was able to join the WoL club so not a total loss. I'm not sure if I'll keep pulling to try to get a CoD or Chizuru.
Congrats! Funny how those "mistakes" can work out for you, huh?

Oh! Update on the NicoNico stream.

- As mentioned earlier, Wakka (maximum 5*) and Rikku (maximum 6*) will be released.
- New Esper (Lakshimi), a support-type Esper
- FFXII event coming soon
- Daily Rainbow Rate-Up pulls (not sure what the percentage is, but should be a decent way to obtain those 5* base characters over time)
- FF VII and FF VIII characters soon to come (no time-frame given, just that they're being worked on)

hitmon

Correct.

Congrats! Funny how those "mistakes" can work out for you, huh?

Oh! Update on the NicoNico stream.

- As mentioned earlier, Wakka (maximum 5*) and Rikku (maximum 6*) will be released.
- New Esper (Lakshimi), a support-type Esper
- FFXII event coming soon
- Daily Rainbow Rate-Up pulls (not sure what the percentage is, but should be a decent way to obtain those 5* base characters over time)
- FF VII and FF VIII characters soon to come (no time-frame given, just that they're being worked on)

My fault on the confusing wording. I ended up with Kefka and Edgar on the accidental lapis pulls. WoL came from using a ticket. In the end not bad. Lenna ended up being my daily half-off pull.

I really want some FF VII and FF VIII characters. I hope I'll still have some lapis around by then being a f2p player.

chrono01

My fault on the confusing wording. I ended up with Kefka and Edgar on the accidental lapis pulls. WoL came from using a ticket. In the end not bad. Lenna ended up being my daily half-off pull.

I really want some FF VII and FF VIII characters. I hope I'll still have some lapis around by then being a f2p player.
Oh, I gotcha. Was Kefka new, at least? He's a pretty nice unit if you didn't, and his TM is useful if you already had one. Edgar though...I know that pain. >_>

Still, happy to see you get a WoL, at least!

That Wakka sprite tho! Awesome

The two FFs that give me proper nerd chills are FFX and FF7, sod any meta, whenever in the future they ever release enough characters for full themed teams I'm gonna roll with those all day..
Yeah, the sprite is great (for both him and Rikku). They showcased it during the stream.

When FF7 is released, it will bankrupt so many people haha.

scarlet

Got Terra from daily. Not that I want or need. Have too many mages now.

2 exdeaths
2 tellah
2 celes
2 terra

And only 1 physical, Chizuru -_-"

Got my DQ 7 copy. Time to take a break from this.

desverger

Did a couple of pulls, got the usual suspects and my 3rd Chizuru >_>

Seems like I can't pull a CoD to save my life.

edit: Also no more cake mats. I'm annoyingly sitting at 52k cakes, meaning I can't get both the shield and mace.

Flambe

Penelo..

Ah well, just doing the daily 250 lapis pulls until the very last day and if I haven't gotten WoL/Chiz by then maybe I'll drop some tickets. No sense blowing tickets now if you can manage to get them on the cheap!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Leanna.

That puts me in a nice spot for my TM grinding. I now have two Celes and two Leanna
5x Kain(1 Week)
Followed by 2x Lenna, 2x Celes, and 1x Kefka(Month +Change)

CCIE

Banned
Golbez today... Getting a little annoyed now. Is it too much to ask for one freaking tank?

Should I grind Meteor or Ultima for next set of TMR?

J0dy77

Pulled my fourth Kefka from this banner, excited for the first one but this is getting ridiculous. Really want cloud of darkness or chizuura.

Zafir

I have 4 Kefkas.

Still not quite as high as the 5 Lennas I have, or the 6 Tellahs.

Tis the problem with pulling for 4 stars, you just end up getting a boat load of the other units on the banner.

Can't decide what to do. I have a pretty future proof team. Chiz, CoD, WoL, Kefka, Leanna.

Trying to decide if i should continue daily pulling for TM units or what. Currently working on Zidane, Luna, Shantatto. Have Locke to do after that.

Zafir

Balthier, duh :)

Also, 5* Fran for giggles as well.

Second troll gold day in a row. Troll gold Fran today. Woot.

At what point do you start fusing the trash together "just because"?

I've already been doing that. :D Eventually they'll get full TM.

Celegus

I have 4 Kefkas.

Still not quite as high as the 5 Lennas I have, or the 6 Tellahs.

Tis the problem with pulling for 4 stars, you just end up getting a boat load of the other units on the banner.

Wow! Never got a Tellah either, my best mage is still Golbez haha.

Valentus

surely the FFXII event would be something like:

Vaan upgrade to 6star
Balthier 4-6 stars
Ashe 3-5 stars
Gabranth or Vayne 5-6 stars
Fran/Penelo upgrade 3-10 stars

Also i dont have high hopes for Vaan 6star. Lets remember that he without full break, he only has thief skills and some low level magic. His 6star surely will be focused in very good stealing skills, but no mindblowing attack skills or whatsoever

bonkeng

surely the FFXII event would be something like:

Vaan upgrade to 6star
Balthier 4-6 stars
Ashe 3-5 stars
Gabranth or Vayne 5-6 stars
Fran/Penelo upgrade 3-10 stars

Also i dont have high hopes for Vaan 6star. Lets remember that he without full break, he only has thief skills and some low level magic. His 6star surely will be focused in very good stealing skills, but no mindblowing attack skills or whatsoever

No way Ashe is 3-5*.

Rikku got 4-6*.

Ashe is 4* base or even 5*.

Hopefully Vaan gets a Fullbreakga.

Valentus

No way Ashe is 3-5*.

Rikku got 4-6*.

Ashe is 4* base or even 5*.

Hopefully Vaan gets a Fullbreakga.

I said this because lately all new batches in JP had one 5star one 4star and one 3star.

Balthier no way is gonna be 3star

And Ashe no way is gonna 5star because FFXII still doesnt have an antagonist, so Gabranth or Vayne is a sure bet that will appear now.

So i think Ashe is gonna be the jobber of the batch.

Gonna chronicle my dailies for this banner, after getting absolutely hosed on the last one.

Day 1: Super Troll Shadowette [Lani]
Day 2: Barrage #2, \o/

I quickly got her to 5* via Gigantuars. I even had 3 Great Success in the process.

I'm conflicted about if I should continue pulling for Warrior of Light or not. I'm sitting on 5.9k Lapis + 10 Tickets and have all of the other banner units: Chizuru x1, Cloud of Darkness x1, Kefka x2, Lenna x1. I also have 2x Cecil for tanks (one at lvl 80, the other at 3* LB grinding) and Vaan for FB.

bonkeng

I said this because lately all new batches in JP had one 5star one 4star and one 3star.

Balthier no way is gonna be 3star

And Ashe no way is gonna 5star because FFXII still doesnt have an antagonist, so Gabranth or Vayne is a sure bet that will appear now.

So i think Ashe is gonna be the jobber of the batch.

It's either Gabranth/Vayne 5* and Ashe 4* or vice versa. Balthier gets the 3* slot.

That's my guess anyway.

Or Gabranth/Vayne gets the Golbez treatment lol.

Pbae

I told myself I wasn't going to pull this banner since I had all the characters except CoD and wanted to save up Lapis but I did a half off pull and in a freak miracle, got a CoD.

WOOOOOOOOW THIS FREAKING GAME!

I now have all the characters I really want so I can just focus on saving lapis, clearing events, and TM grinding.

Hopefully, Firion or Cecil will drop in the future for me, but I won't go out of my way to try and pull for them as they're currently overshadowed by other units.

across

I'm conflicted about if I should continue pulling for Warrior of Light or not. I'm sitting on 5.9k Lapis + 10 Tickets and have all of the other banner units: Chizuru x1, Cloud of Darkness x1, Kefka x2, Lenna x1. I also have 2x Cecil for tanks (one at lvl 80, the other at 3* LB grinding) and Vaan for FB.

First off, grats on your CoD! I pulled my first one today as well, which I'm pretty happy about.

I'm in a similar boat to you in terms of lapis quantity & unit count (Chizuru, CoD, Lenna, 3 Kefkas, Vaan and Cecil). I think I'm going to cease daily pulls, personally. Pulling on, say, the FF6 banner was "fine" because duplicates just meant TM progress, but no one needs even one of CoD's TM and Lenna/Kefka's TMs are... nice, but not as immediately relevant as a Rising Sun or a Minerva Bustier. At a 3% chance to pull WoL, I'm thinking it might be better to build up the reserves a little instead.

A friend of mine just pulled his second Chizuru. I'd be a little salty if that was my 4* banner pull, I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom