• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So i have two questions - first off is their anyway for us to create Magic Keys to open up those locked up treasures ? Read about some people using Silence Blade skill which can be obtained via a chest.

Second..i havent done the Magicite quest yet - how many 15 stamina runs would it take me to get a Esper like Ifrit to level 30 ? Would a whole day of running the stage be enough ?
I defeated europa with this lineup:

Vaan lvl 80
Terra lvl 75
Cyan lvl 60
Edgar lvl 60
Kuja lvl 37

Kuja used barthundara and thundaga
Cyan spammed blade bash
Edgar used sunray and chainsaw
Terra used firaga the first turn and then just cura lol
Vaan with the full break and raging fists

I was very lucky but barthundara and full break made europa attacks not devastating.

Thanks for the information - guess i will have to wait a bit to take Europa on again.
I dont have Access to Full Break - but Power and Armor Break so that should be solid enough...but considering how hard the boss hits - i dont think it makes sense without Barthundara.

Rixa

So i have two questions - first off is their anyway for us to create Magic Keys to open up those locked up treasures ? Read about some people using Silence Blade skill which can be obtained via a chest.

Second..i havent done the Magicite quest yet - how many 15 stamina runs would it take me to get a Esper like Ifrit to level 30 ? Would a whole day of running the stage be enough ?

Thanks for the information - guess i will have to wait a bit to take Europa on again.
I dont have Access to Full Break - but Power and Armor Break so that should be solid enough...but considering how hard the boss hits - i dont think it makes sense without Barthundara.

1, You can craft keys with very rare components (3 screamroot and other stuff).
2. One MegaCite gives under 1 level to Esper.
-> ADV drops 2 random Megacites and 1-3 magecites.
->> Can take shitload of runs in that dungeon.

3. I have gotten Europa to around 15% hp left. I know I can do it when my units are at max level and Lasswell is at 5*. But Iam not going to use JumboCactuars (got 47) to fast level them. So my Europa clear will take time, cause units get so little exp when running GC-E (round 200 exp per unit per run).

cw_sasuke

1, You can craft keys with very rare components (3 screamroot and other stuff).
2. One MegaCite gives under 1 level to Esper.
-> ADV drops 2 random Megacites and 1-3 magecites.
->> Can take shitload of runs in that dungeon.

3. I have gotten Europa to around 15% hp left. I know I can do it when my units are at max level and Lasswell is at 5*. But Iam not going to use JumboCactuars (got 47) to fast level them. So my Europa clear will take time, cause units get so little exp when running GC-E (round 200 exp per unit per run).

Thanks.

I have gotten only 1 Screamroot so far but i dont know when or where i obtained it. Is there a farming spot or Coli enemy that drops it ?

2 Megacites per run sounds actually quite nice - i think i should have gotten my Ifrit to level 2 this weekend...meh, hope the event comes back soon.

For Europa i will get also get back to her once i have leveled my crew and unlocked some useful abilities. The challenge isnt going away so there is no need to rush it.

Thanks.

I have gotten only 1 Screamroot so far but i dont know when or where i obtained it. Is there a farming spot or Coli enemy that drops it ?

2 Megacites per run sounds actually quite nice - i think i should have gotten my Ifrit to level 2 this weekend...meh, hope the event comes back soon.

For Europa i will get also get back to her once i have leveled my crew and unlocked some useful abilities. The challenge isnt going away so there is no need to rush it.

Screamroot drops from the Minicactuar enemies in Fulan Pass. It's a super rare encounter though and you might get a Star Quartz instead. Best to just buy a key if you really want a silver chest. I've read it has become easier to craft keys in the JP version though, so probably best to not buy too many keys right now.

Also, maintenance seems to be over and I have some NRG in my mailbox for compensation. Not sure how much it is yet though.

cw_sasuke

Screamroot drops from the Minicactuar enemies in Fulan Pass. It's a super rare encounter though and you might get a Star Quartz instead. Best to just buy a key if you really want a silver chest. I've read it has become easier to craft keys in the JP version though, so probably best to not buy too many keys right now.

Also, maintenance seems to be over and I have some NRG in my mailbox for compensation. Not sure how much it is yet though.

Man this must be ridiculous rare since i always run Fulan Pass for my Daily missions and i only gotten a single drop in like +20 runs ? Crazy...

Do you buys Keys for Lapis ? I have to check it out - prolly wont buy them and just wait until they get easier to farm/create.

PS. 30stam/energy compensation.

Man this must be ridiculous rare since i always run Fulan Pass for my Daily missions and i only gotten a single drop in like +20 runs ? Crazy...

Do you buys Keys for Lapis ? I have to check it out - prolly wont buy them and just wait until they get easier to farm/create.

PS. 30stam/energy compensation.

Yeah, I've run Fulan Pass 20+ times as well, maxing out encounters, and have only seen one. Not even worth trying to farm for.

You can buy keys for lapis in the shop. 100 per key or you can by multiples for a discount lapis cost.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hey guys I tried to download this from the Sweedish iTunes store and over and over I was unable to create the account. I kept getting the same "Contact Apple for support message".

Anyways could someone just give me their fake login info so I can download it? I assume nobody has a credit card attached to a dummy account. Shoot me a PM if you don't mind!

Visceir

Hmm, Lightning won't be a rates up banner I guess, I saw 4 japanese videos of people pulling for her, they did at least 10 pulls each, only one got it.
I feel like it's going to be like Ramza's Platinum Sword in Record Keeper (it was the next power creep), haha.

Lightning is a 5* minimum, so even if there's a rate-up you'd still have to pull a rainbow crystal, which is super rare.

Gumi could be doing things entirely differently though.

I've been running Ifrit 2 battle for exp and it seems to be better than running Granshelt Catacombs - Exit for me so I might stick to that. Plus the fight is a piece of cake thanks to the units I have and friend helpers.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Bear with me!! Almost there!!

ME7zOyX.jpg

Visceir

Congrats!!

p.s. do you see yourself using Orlando after this event? Not too sure if I should pull more just for him when i have Lightning :/

JP version talk.

Definitely not worth doing anything but Daily pulls for Orlandu.

I was slightly surprised to see he has absolutely no area attacks, that has screwed me over a couple of times when I've encountered chocobos.

I've still got high hopes that 6* Firion will be a new powerhouse physical character, expecting him to show up a day after FFT event ends.

I've been getting a lot of chocobo encounters, got close to 50k jewels in the last day or so, pretty much done with the event now and doing the story quests.

Valentus

maintenance 9/6 to implement Gilbert and FUCKING GENERAL CELES

Celes isnt that great in late game though, but if you want to pull for her, her skills are:

Magic:

Cure Lv.8 (★3)

Poizona Lv.8 (★4)
Blizzard Lv.8 (★3)
Scan Lv.18 (★3)
Protect Lv.26 (★5)
Shell Lv.40 (★5)
Blizzara Lv.48 (★4)
Faith Lv.52 (★4)
Blizzaga Lv.72 (★5)

Abilities:

Rune Sword Lv.1 (★3)
INT + 10% Lv.22 (★3)
Magic Break Lv.32 (★4)
Focus Lv.80 (★5)

TS: Minerva Buster (Armor - DEF 47 - SPR 45 - Fire/Light/Ice/Earth resist +30%)

Rune Sword (absorbs the next magic played - enemy or ally (so use it last of turn)) Blizzaga and Focus are the stars of Celes. Good pull, but not in higher tiers.

Gilbert is a clown.

hope they release it for reals at e3. I'm just doing dailies now after maxing all my units a week ago.

Does Square have a press conference of any sort next week? Could we get a "download the game now!" moment? I would love to see it released next week. I'm SO ready for more content. This is the first game of this kind that really grabbed me and I'm surprised I'm still so into it even doing the same stuff over and over again these past few weeks.

Is the friend point thing live yet?
Yeah, it's live.

Valentus

some people are already at rank 40+.
at 25, and been wasting my stamina pretty much everyday.
(although no fully efficiently)

The best way to grind now is fighting the white dragon in vortex.

10 stamina - 250 exp - 25 exp / point

Im just getting TS of luna (barrage) and then i will try to get gungnir (TS of Kain) because i have 5 copies of both.

Vex_

Banned
ya know what I just realized? I never see the news section like you guys? it is always blank which is weird.

How do you guys always pull it up on your phone/tablets like that?

Jeffrey

some people are already at rank 40+.
at 25, and been wasting my stamina pretty much everyday.
(although no fully efficiently)

whats the point though? It's not like the game is a race lol.

And unlike other games rank isn't tied to how many high rarity units you can have in a party?

I think?

Pejo

Just about done leveling up my main 5* team to max level, then on to grinding rank xp. I probably should have done this process in reverse, now that I think about it, but oh well.

Just saw the news for the week, that Celes sprite looks awesome. Might drop a few pulls and test my luck. Honestly I'm still fishing for another good dps unit to go along with Bartz on my team. Hopefully one with power break or full break while I'm at it. It'll be nice to finally have Zidane's boost to stealing for speeding up Colosseum runs though.

LowParry

Man, I need Sabin replaced so hard. I just dont' want to spend the crystals yet. Isn't there a double rate sort of thing coming up soon?

SAFCDan

Neo Member
Started playing this a couple of days ago with a 4* Bartz...then did a Lapis bundle with the aim of getting a decent team from the start.

Think I ended up getting pretty lucky looking at the roll luck in general!

Party currently looks like :

Bartz 4*
Cecil 3*
Vaan 4*
Cloud of Darkness 3*
Rydia 4*

Added my ID to the Google doc, sent friend requests to all those who weren't full too :)

cw_sasuke

Started playing this a couple of days ago with a 4* Bartz...then did a Lapis bundle with the aim of getting a decent team from the start.

Bartz 4*
Cecil 3*
Vaan 4*
Cloud of Darkness 3*
Rydia 4*

Added my ID to the Google doc, sent friend requests to all those who weren't full too :)

Wow - awesome pulls - congrats !!!

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Congrats!!

p.s. do you see yourself using Orlando after this event? Not too sure if I should pull more just for him when i have Lightning :/

well i dont have Lightning.

My Orlando have dual wield materia + 2x Excalibur.

I will be using it until i pull Lightning some day.

forgrim

Bartz 4*
Cecil 3*
Vaan 4*
Cloud of Darkness 3*
Rydia 4*

you essentially will never have to roll again lol.

maybe just for a healer. but still.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but it's such a huge thread already...

Do we have any idea when the next rate up for premium pulls event is gonna be?

I haven't done a single premium pull yet. I'm just saving the lapis up.

chrono01

Maybe the official launch will take so long, when we finally get it Lightning will have already been released, and I can just re-roll for her. >:)

Rixa

Are you supposed to just sell the gil turtles?

Yes, I heard they dont give much Gil tho. Dunno since I havent pulled in this event at all.Saving my FP for something in the future and doing pulls only when Iam close to 99999. Currently 54625 FP so it will take some time :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom