• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
I'm giving up on WoL... Saving my 12 tickets and going all in on Cecil down the road. Do another couple of daily pulls on the banner, but seriously not worth the effort. Every four star I get is a damn troll by the game. Considering rerolling when Lightning comes. I'll reroll until I pull her and a tank unit

Whizkid7

Daily pull was a FOURTH CoD. That's two in a row, too.

This is some weird kind of trolling, game. I mean, it's a good unit, but I don't need FOUR, now do I?

Celegus

I'm giving up on WoL... Saving my 12 tickets and going all in on Cecil down the road. Do another couple of daily pulls on the banner, but seriously not worth the effort. Every four star I get is a damn troll by the game. Considering rerolling when Lightning comes. I'll reroll until I pull her and a tank unit

DON'T DO IT!!!

Third CoD on today's 1/2 pull.

Went 0/10 on the past banner (7 1/2 pulls and 3 others). None of them. Not a scrap,

I really don't need to pull on this banner, I already have 4/5 of them.

Please someone tell me to stop

hitmon

Oh, I gotcha. Was Kefka new, at least? He's a pretty nice unit if you didn't, and his TM is useful if you already had one. Edgar though...I know that pain. >_>

Still, happy to see you get a WoL, at least!

Thanks, I already have a Kefka so I'm not sure if I should just fuse him to get the ribbon quicker or try to grind a second ribbon out eventually.

Is it worth having multiple of Lenna's staffs or is best to just fuse her for one staff?

1/2 - off summon today was a 4* Luna. First time I've pulled her so not too shabby, plus she has the TM barrage.

bonkeng

Thanks, I already have a Kefka so I'm not sure if I should just fuse him to get the ribbon quicker or try to grind a second ribbon out eventually.

Is it worth having multiple of Lenna's staffs or is best to just fuse her for one staff?

1/2 - off summon today was a 4* Luna. First time I've pulled her so not too shabby, plus she has the TM barrage.

I think 1 staff is enough. Or 2 max. You're not gonna bring a 5 healer party.

As for Kefka, ribbons are good gears, so you should farm a few.

bryt

Wow I just got so lucky on the INT-S Frost Dragon fight. Beat it for the first time because I got a paralyze in at ~30% hp then as soon as paralyze was about to end I silenced him and that was the end for him.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Why would you ever need two? It's a pure healer item and it's better to bring a secondary healer(Cecil, support, etc), rather than another squishy healer.

Nor would I say multiple ribbons are worth it unless you have multiple Kefkas for each. You only really need one for your healer or your debuff cleanser.

If you got 6 Kefkas, sure go for it. But even 2, I feel like it would be better to get a piece of armor or weapon over it.

Pejo

Got my Fencer up to lv 80 and 373 attack, not too shabby. Set her as my new friend unit since Locke was confirmed junk. I'm only a few weeks out from getting Barrage TM, so she should be pretty useful soon.

Did the daily pull again, got a Galuf this time. I'll probably do a few more dailies and give up. WoL just isn't meant to be for me, and I don't want to throw away all my lapis to chase him again.

Pbae

I honestly think Locke helps with Sacred Crystal drop rates in Awakening dungeon.

Everytime I take a friends max Locke, I get a minimum of 1 but usually 2-3, and on a few occasions 4-5.

Aurizen

Who should I replace for COD? I have Lasswell, Vaan, Lenna, Cecil, and Kefka? Probably Lasswell. But lets say I get Chizuru who do I replace then?

Pbae

Who should I replace for COD? I have Lasswell, Vaan, Lenna, Cecil, and Kefka? Probably Lasswell. But lets say I get Chizuru who do I replace then?

I would replace Lasswell and later on replace Cecil.

Current content can be easily cleared with Fullbreak (Vaan) and sheer DPS. Lenna's Cheer ability also shoots up the DPS for all units.

hitmon

Why would you ever need two? It's a pure healer item and it's better to bring a secondary healer(Cecil, support, etc), rather than another squishy healer.

Nor would I say multiple ribbons are worth it unless you have multiple Kefkas for each. You only really need one for your healer or your debuff cleanser.

If you got 6 Kefkas, sure go for it. But even 2, I feel like it would be better to get a piece of armor or weapon over it.

Thanks for the advice. Does anybody know how to find that code (tied to your account) that appears during the tutorial?

Is WoL's LB worth leveling?

chrono01

1/2 daily pull - second Kefka. Eh, another Ribbon could be useful.

I really want WoL (or any tank, really), as I need a Full Breaker too. Since I own 4/5 of the banner characters though, I won't do a daily pull each time it comes up. Maybe every second day or so. I just don't have much hope, pulling specifically for a 4* base character. :(

Lyrian

Thanks for the advice. Does anybody know how to find that code (tied to your account) that appears during the tutorial?

Is WoL's LB worth leveling?

Inquiry Code: Title Screen --> Info --> Customer Support

WoL's LB: Most will say that it's not worth it because it only does pure damage and nothing else until 6*. As a 4* base, his limit break is going to be extremely expensive to level up until larger LB pots are released.

1/2 daily pull - second Kefka. Eh, another Ribbon could be useful.

I really want WoL (or any tank, really), as I need a Full Breaker too. Since I own 4/5 of the banner characters though, I won't do a daily pull each time it comes up. Maybe every second day or so. I just don't have much hope, pulling specifically for a 4* base character. :(

Yeah I want Vaan so bad! I do feel bad for you and CCIE, you both seem to have everything you need but a tank :(

Worry not, these silly little fools with their WoL love do not understand the power that is Cecil; you too will soon join his fold.

chrono01

Yeah I want Vaan so bad! I do feel bad for you and CCIE, you both seem to have everything you need but a tank :(

Worry not, these silly little fools with their WoL love do not understand the power that is Cecil; you too will soon join his fold.
Yeah, I'm lucky in the sense of having everything else, just not a tank (and a Full Breaker, which is why WoL would be perfect). I can't complain too much though, I know there are plenty of other people out there with worse luck than I, so I'm thankful for what I do have.

I do plan to go "all-out" on the Cecil banner, though. Him being a 3* base gives me hope in obtaining him, as long as they don't flood the banner with a bunch of other unnecessary units. :(

hitmon

Inquiry Code: Title Screen --> Info --> Customer Support

WoL's LB: Most will say that it's not worth it because it only does pure damage and nothing else until 6*. As a 4* base, his limit break is going to be extremely expensive to level up until larger LB pots are released.

Thanks. What do you think about Lenna's LB? I have 3* Lenna and mostly mages so I'm curious if the boost in MAG for all allies is worth going for or if it's just better to awaken her.

CCIE

Banned
Gumi isn't doing the same thing. Cecil will be on the FFiV banner, because he doesn't get his own individual rate-up. I just don't understand why the game is so unwilling to give me a tank... currently, I intend to run two CoD's once the boss mace becomes available, Chizuru, Garland with Barrage (6*), and Vaan. If Vaan gets a 6* (very, very likely), I guess I don't really need a tank for awhile...

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I do plan to go "all-out" on the Cecil banner, though. Him being a 3* base gives me hope in obtaining him, as long as they don't flood the banner with a bunch of other unnecessary units. :(

The FFIV banner will probably be as big as the FFIX one.
Goblez, Tellah, Cecil for sure.
Good chance to bring in 5* Kain and Rydia too.
With Edge, Rose, and Dark Knight Cecil being on it.

I think it will be a two week event. New characters for one week, then adding the old ones in the next with new forms.

Remember people, RNG, RNG. Just because you didn't get something, also means you're probably sitting on a lot someone else didn't get. I still have yet to get a CoD, ExDeath, Vaan, Firion, Terra, and a bunch of others. While I managed to get Kefka, WoL, Chizzy, Cecil, Buttz, Leanna, Garland, etc. It's the reason why some people are sitting on 4 Zids and others have zero.

chrono01

The FFIV banner will probably be as big as the FFIX one.
Goblez, Tellah, Cecil for sure.
Good chance to bring in 5* Kain and Rydia too.
With Edge, Rose, and Dark Knight Cecil being on it.

I think it will be a two week event. New characters for one week, then adding the old ones in the next with new forms.
Ugh, I was afraid of that. I already have Tellah (x3), Rydia (x2), Golbez, and Kain. :/

I guess I'll just keep pulling my daily pulls and hope I manage either WoL or Cecil as an off-banner pull.

WarAdept

It's up to you.

Kefka and CoD are 3* base units and are pretty amazing, so you're odds are decent you'll get them. You have the more difficult-to-obtain ones (in theory), by having WoL and Chizuru.

Well I did a half price pull. Got CoD.

Now I have 4/5 of the banner. Maybe I can get Kefka tomorrow.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ugh, I was afraid of that. I already have Tellah (x3), Rydia (x2), Golbez, and Kain. :/

I guess I'll just keep pulling my daily pulls and hope I manage either WoL or Cecil as an off-banner pull.

Well, if they put Cecil on it. They will put Tellah and Goblez for sure.

If they bring in new units, expect all three of them.

If they decide to upgrade, expect Kain and Rydia.

It's not like Kain and Rydia 5* are bad characters either, the issue is people are only looking for the 6* stars now.

I think people overestimate the rate increases from banners. Almost all of my best pulls were characters that weren't on the banner, and I don't even pull that much, just dailies really but I failed pretty bad with tickets trying to get the fencer :/ I have gotten 2 Leo's, 2 WoL, and a Cecil on random pulls before that, so I think these tanks have to have decent odds and you should get one by the time you actually need one.

BTW Leo is great for a lazy auto-attack exploration party.

Lyrian

Thanks. What do you think about Lenna's LB? I have 3* Lenna and mostly mages so I'm curious if the boost in MAG for all allies is worth going for or if it's just better to awaken her.

Moderately interesting, which a chance of being great later, **if** the datamined 6* Lenna awakening comes into reality and gives her a better limit break (like WoL).

The logic here is that at 5* max (level 20), Lenna's LB only provides 9% more MAG then Focus. That's an awful lot of work for a minimal gain. However, should a 6* form happen, I would think that her MAG buff gets stronger (and maybe gains additional attributes), which may make the effort worth it in the long run.

That said, as someone who is already grinding up the LB of a unit (Rydia), it is a really, really, **really** long grind right now. You are going to have to commit to leveling to leveling her LB up and no one else (outside of auto-limits on the team she is on). Also, she is going to be fairly useless in her 3* form until you reach LB level 10 (meaning that she is complete dead weight on a team) and can then awaken her to 4* and continue the grind. If you are okay with this, then you can give this a shot if you like.

Lyrian

It's not like Kain and Rydia 5* are bad characters either, the issue is people are only looking for the 6* stars now.

But... Future Proofing!

I'm ready for the meltdown within the next week and half over the dawn of the 6*s.

5* Kain looks like an objectively better version of Freya with some nice +ATK mods to boot.
5* Rydia gives everyone a unit someone who can cast Meteor natively, which isn't bad either.

That's power creep in a nutshell, though.

no lie i really hate how the knowledge of the JP version and future proofing shapes so much about how to play the game. No fun discovering things as they come, it's like everything is already laid out.

... my physical inability continues to a hilarious degree. About 10 pulls on the Facebook banner, and the results: 3 Kefkas, including a 5* (I now have 4 total...); 3 Shantottos; a 4* Luna; and another Leo.

Along with relative trash like Galufs, Edgars, and Cyans.

I need to accept my fate.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
... my physical inability continues to a hilarious degree. About 10 pulls on the Facebook banner, and the results: 3 Kefkas, including a 5* (I now have 4 total...); 3 Shantottos; a 4* Luna; and another Leo.

Along with relative trash like Galufs, Edgars, and Cyans.

I need to accept my fate.

That's actually not bad at all.

3 Shantottos is pretty sold. Luna and Leo both offer excellent TMs. Multiple Kefkas is good. And Edgars are some of the best trash units you can get since the Machine Killer TM.

Lyrian

no lie i really hate how the knowledge of the JP version and future proofing shapes so much about how to play the game. No fun discovering things as they come, it's like everything is already laid out.

You don't know have to follow the hivemind about the "optimum team" to enjoy the game. I personally think the game is more enjoyable when a player can clear challenges and content with "trash tier" units (which most are definitely not).

That said, in this day and age of wikis, anything that is undiscovered will be laid bare for all to see in very short order. I'm half expecting the wikis to have full data on the event starting in the morning and the PRO difficulty that was not on the Japan server by the time I roll out of bed. The Internet moves that fast these days.

Azuran

Banned
My 5th Kefka in this banner with daily pull

/sigh

Third CoD on today's 1/2 pull.

Went 0/10 on the past banner (7 1/2 pulls and 3 others). None of them. Not a scrap,

I really don't need to pull on this banner, I already have 4/5 of them.

Please someone tell me to stop

The rate-up on CoD must be pretty high, because I didn't have her two days ago, and now I have two..

IpDpMPr.gif

Any one using macros to farm or we all doing the long and "legit" way of leveling TM and LB?

Haven't started but I'd use the macro. If they allowed individual battles in exploration mode to count towards it and upped the chance for a ,1% increase, I'd consider doing it the legit way. As it is right now, way too grindy and I secretly like good grinds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom