• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-murph

Yeah, I'm going to try it out tonite for the first time. This game is a huge drag to unlock all the cool prizes. I have a whole team of Zidanes, Lunas, and Shantottos that are getting no luv. Might as well put them to some use so I can buff my team out.

I don't understand at all how they expect any one to unlock any of the TMs without working away for hours for like an entire year... or buying a shit tonne of lapis and hoping for multiples.

Lyrian

Yeah, I'm going to try it out tonite for the first time. This game is a huge drag to unlock all the cool prizes. I have a whole team of Zidanes, Lunas, and Shantottos that are getting no luv. Might as well put them to some use so I can buff my team out.

I don't understand at all how they expect any one to unlock any of the TMs without working away for hours for like an entire year... or buying a shit tonne of lapis and hoping for multiples.

That's the point. The incentive is to spend money to get the cool prizes. Of course the prizes are technically obtainable via grinding, but that is all but impossible without macroing. A few trust moogles here and there reward the faithful to earn some TMs over time, but its all about incentivizing paid crystal drawing.

I've done some sloppy macroing to a light degree, so I have some percentages here and there. Still nowhere near earning my first premium TM though.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I don't understand at all how they expect any one to unlock any of the TMs without working away for hours for like an entire year... or buying a shit tonne of lapis and hoping for multiples

They are purely luxury items. The entire idea is a long term goal or one you devote a long period too.

Problem is Macros.

Rather than running it all day. I didn't just log into my laptop and burn through it every few hours while at school and work.

TM wise, I'm getting closer to my first one done.

Bartz is at 83%. Totto and Cecil are hitting 70, with Chizzy at 45%, and Zid at 33%, but he'll be getting a 10% at the end of the month

Did my half banner pull and got my 3rd Kefka. Also got my Terra to 5 star. Finally got a party full of 5's. Spending all my energy on Cactuar Dunes and will level up Kefka, Chizuru or my Locke.

I've been playing this game casually with like no regard for anything. Today I destroyed over 1600 flour and other mogcake things before learning what mogcake was.

I don't get the point of this game in the slightest.

I have 5 star Kefka, 5 Star Rosalina [I think this is why everyone friends me?], and a 3 star Terra. I have a 4 or 5 star Zidane.

It's not that it's a bad game, it's just that I don't care about it in the slightest.

Lyrian

On an average night how much would you say you get in TM farming for a character?

A couple percent, maybe?

I think I've seen threads with a general consensus that if you have only 1 of a unit, that casual night macroing will get you the TM in about 45 days give or take. Or course that rate speeds up considerably when multiples of a unit a macro farmed. After all, it is much easier to get 5 units to 16% than 1 unit to 100%.

c-murph

A couple percent, maybe?

I think I've seen threads with a general consensus that if you have only 1 of a unit, that casual night macroing will get you the TM in about 45 days give or take. Or course that rate speeds up considerably when multiples of a unit a macro farmed. After all, it is much easier to get 5 units to 16% than 1 unit to 100%.

Ah, awesome. Thanks for the info!

Lyrian

I've been playing this game casually with like no regard for anything. Today I destroyed over 1600 flour and other mogcake things before learning what mogcake was.

I don't get the point of this game in the slightest.

I have 5 star Kefka, 5 Star Rosalina [I think this is why everyone friends me?], and a 3 star Terra. I have a 4 or 5 star Zidane.

It's not that it's a bad game, it's just that I don't care about it in the slightest.

The game is what you make out of it, for better or for worse.

There is a story to the game and there are optional side events that occur to earn additional equipment for your units that are not available in the story mode. Generally, instructions about each event are sent to the in-game news board. There will be a new event starting in a few hours, called Land of Plenty. Instructions about that event are already posted there.

That said, there is absolutely no obligation to follow the story or participate in the events. As a general, broad rule of thumb, I guess the long-term goal of the game is simply to see how powerful each player can make their team of units.

The problem is the legit way isn't an example of making a grind remotely fun and pushing the player to explore the game more. The literal only efficent way is to run the first quest over and over again on auto. I could see if 15 energy quest gave a higher chance or even a .2% increase, but no... same thing if you the 1 energy quest or the 15 energy one.

Trust Mastery doesn't feel like it was well thought out even as a months long grindfest.

What the heck is up with the Pro version of this event?
When you go to exit theres an ameoba that jacks all your MP, then a hill gigas thats super beefy, THEN an ogre that just killed my party because I have no MP left. Like, this is WAY to difficult to farm.

leehom

Lands of Plenty pro is no joke. I barely killed ogre (he can blind your whole team and has ability to stun) with no mana left. If you don't have a strong team, you're not going to be able to clear this map. After you kill Ogre, walk to the next room and there's 3 loot spots you can grab before exiting the map.

Cavern ore seems pretty generous. First run got 9, second run got 19!

Second fight was a pita. Nearly blinded my whole team 3x. Had to use an elixir to win.

scarlet

Is it just me or actually the hill gigas and ogre in pro are actually hard? And they're immune to full break.

Edit: Yup, actually hard. Thought it was bug. There's no way I could get 80 cavern ores with this difficulty. Always bring tent guys. Without it I'd have been died.

tuffymon

What the heck is up with the Pro version of this event?
When you go to exit theres an ameoba that jacks all your MP, then a hill gigas thats super beefy, THEN an ogre that just killed my party because I have no MP left. Like, this is WAY to difficult to farm.

Well, good to know that I'm not the only one, that second fight was hard enough and to have another boss fight like that? sheeeessh~ I was excited to have like 8 ore up to this point, I don't think I can farm this.

Here's pictures of the second and third boss, first was easy enough (minus that mp drain)... the second and third have some form of damage resistance too~ Hopefully these help someone.

14383422_10154160945787885_838274095_n.jpg

14397898_10154160960087885_492514916_n.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thought the new event would start after Cactuar - damnit. Still need to finish leveling Terra...hope ill have time enough to get the new sword.

tuffymon

Part of me wants to pay the 100 lapis just to finish off this boss and complete this... but part of me says would I be willing to pay 1000 lapis to finish 1 sword... (I was up to 8/80 without touching the last 3 points)... A nice weapon, but I don't think it's that amazing~ Maybe I'll try again when more is known.

scarlet

I was really lucky with the 1st try. Thought there were only 1 boss, luckily I have tent and I used it before Hill Gigas

Have no idea what kind of team to bring, but I love this event is challenging.

Part of me wants to pay the 100 lapis just to finish off this boss and complete this... but part of me says would I be willing to pay 1000 lapis to finish 1 sword... (I was up to 8/80 without touching the last 3 points)... A nice weapon, but I don't think it's that amazing~ Maybe I'll try again when more is known.

Don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's not worth it. Maybe you should craft barstonra. That's what I'm trying now.

tuffymon

I was really lucky with the 1st try. Thought there were only 1 boss, luckily I have tent and I used it before Hill Gigas

Have no idea what kind of team to bring, but I love this event is challenging.

Don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's not worth it. Maybe you should craft barstonra. That's what I'm trying now.

I decided not to, i have barstonra made, its just only firion can equip green magic in my party, and barstonra is 4 green which is 1 higher than he can use...

I think its just simply put, you have to blind them or have a redonk power party to have a chance at this. My party doesn't have any blind moves, and my current party isn't super redonk. I'll try again in a few days and see if I fair better~

desverger

Yeah this event is tough. Not entirely sure what gumi was thinking when slapping 3 bosses with huge hp at the end of the exploration..

Luckily it seems like you don't have to run it too many times. I got 9 cavern ore in one run. Not sure if that was lucky or not.

The bosses aren't immune to breaks (or Fencer's Manastrike), but occasionally they resist some effects from those. Like I hit the Hill Gigas with FB, and got the defense reduction to stick, but not the other ones..

Bring tent and mp restoratives.

scarlet

I decided not to, i have barstonra made, its just only firion can equip green magic in my party, and barstonra is 4 green which is 1 higher than he can use...

I think its just simply put, you have to blind them or have a redonk power party to have a chance at this. My party doesn't have any blind moves, and my current party isn't super redonk. I'll try again in a few days and see if I fair better~

Sorry for the exclamation marks

I actually typed only one, but just found out I typed a lot -_-"

I got 11 in my 1st try, so another 7 runs.

Use provoke! it helps

tuffymon

Double Cura party wasn't enough~ and the one with Provoke is also one of the healers... I'll be making adjustments, and If I can level my stuff fast enough, I'll give it another shot before the event runs out.

chrono01

You guys weren't kidding, Pro is tough. Thankfully I managed to get through it, since I knew there were three bosses in a row so I could plan accordingly.

Zafir

I regretted not bringing my Vaan with me. It was so ridiculously tough without it with 3 barrage users...

I had to waste items because I wasn't prepared .
Edit: they're immune to full break? Fml

cw_sasuke

Havent tried the event yet but im kinda glad that its difficult...i means why else put that much work into our units/equipment when everything is easy. The sword is worth the struggle.

linkent

First boss sucks... MP....
That is really annoying.

The other are really easy with Cecil+Provoke.

Kefka's Escape is really nice, just use it till the boss.

So overall just need to spend 1 Tent every run,
It is purchasable from Felicitas town if you need it fast.

Zafir

I found the first boss the easiest didn't really get my mana sucked that much.
Havent tried the event yet but im kinda glad that its difficult...i means why else put that much work into our units/equipment when everything is easy. The sword is worth the struggle.
When you try it you won't say that imo.

It's beyond just tough. It's pretty ridiculously so. I've got a pretty solid team and I was struggling.

tuffymon

I agree that the sword is worth the struggle (kinda ironic that they have an innate blind on the sword...), I just hope that I can prepare myself enough before the week is over to take on that challenge again.

bryt

So glad you can buy turbo ethers and tents are easy to make. These two items were a must have for me in Pro. Ran a physical team with Lenna as a healer and it probably took 20 turns each to kill both the Hill Gigas and Ogre.

cw_sasuke

When you try it you won't say that imo.

It's beyond just tough. It's pretty ridiculously so. I've got a pretty solid team and I was struggling.

Maybe you are right but then again pretty much everyone here was able to clear it on the first try - seems like you just have to prepare a bit.

Beyond though for me means that we arent able to clear the stage at all - without spending Lapis or pulling some better/newer units. Seems pretty okay for the best non TM sword in the game.

Zafir

Maybe you are right but then again pretty much everyone here was able to clear it on the first try - seems like you just have to prepare a bit.

Beyond though for me means that we arent able to clear the stage at all - without spending Lapis or pulling some better/newer units. Seems pretty okay for the best non TM sword in the game.
Well yeah I beat it first try too but people on GAF aren't exactly average players. Most people here have fairly top teams and still struggled - I had to use some elixirs and phoenix downs which I didn't want to do. What hope do other people have?

I mean I'd say it's tougher than any other content so far that I've experienced and you have to run it multiple times. :x

chrono01

I'm running:

Fencer
Chizuru
Cloud of Darkness
Kefka (as mentioned, his Escape is extremely useful for just powering through the encounters)
Lenna

+ A Strong Ally

I can clear it with a single Tent, I'm so glad those are purchase-able. I feel bad for those with lesser luck than I, though. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom