• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

1st run 11 caverns ores
2nd run 10 cavern ores

No wonder they make it 3 days event. Easy loot, but tough for new players.

And if you have raging fist. It's better to use that than barrage.

Kouriozan

Was a bit scared after reading how difficult it is on Reddit but I did it fine problem with a whale friend and my current TM team (Zidane/Chiz/Bartz/Chiz/Lenna).
Definitely need a tent before the 3rd boss, and summoning Golem helped a bit.

Zafir

Took my Vaan with me this time and it was infinitely easier with full break. Well armor break really I imagine as the power part gets resisted.

Don't envy anyone with a less powerful team lol.

I'm going to setc my shared character to Vaan in case anyone neds break.

scarlet

After 4 runs I have 44 cavern ores

These bosses aren't hard anymore after my 2nd run.

My team: WoL, 2 Exdeaths, Lenna, Chizu

1st boss

Cheer, Full break, Thundaga 2x, barrage.

2nd boss

1st turn Cheer, full break, Raging fist, firaga 2x

2nd turn until finish provoke, raging fist/light shell, cura/curaja/cheer, firaga 2x

3rd boss

1st turn cheer, provoke, raging fist/light shell, firaga 2x

2nd turn until finish cura/curaja/cheer, raging fist/light shell, firaga 2x and attack/provoke after 3 turns.

A chizu companion with raging fist or tank with provoke is very helpful against these bosses.

I prefer raging fist than light shell cuz it's cheaper only 3 mp.

chrono01

Took my Vaan with me this time and it was infinitely easier with full break. Well armor break really I imagine as the power part gets resisted.

Don't envy anyone with a less powerful team lol.

I'm going to setc my shared character to Vaan in case anyone neds break.
Yeah, Fencer's Manastrike works too (30%). Super useful.

Reminder that I still have 7 open slots, still running my 5k HP WoL : 464,761,570
Not sure how we weren't already friends. Added!

Azuran

Banned
TODAY IS THE GREATEST DAY IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD

DOIGRUZ.jpg

wilstreak

Gumi need to release 6* upgrade soon.

running : Chizuru, WoL, Exdeath, Kefka, Lenna
this is the first time i met an enemy that resist Full Break, need to do FB 3 times on Ogre before it works.

scarlet

Got 16 cavern ores in my 7th run. Now I have 81 and enough to craft 1. I guess I'm done with the event. But still gonna use the BGN vortex for lumber and other ores.

Iceman829

I just barely beat my first pro run. I used Kefka to avoid all the battles and used a tent after boss #1. After the second boss I needed to use a bunch of motions and ethers to restore hp/mp. I'm not sure what to do next run. I guess I need to find a stronger ally or something. 14 cavern ores in 1 run though

CCIE

Banned
Okay, it isn't so bad with a mage team. Kefka to run, Tellah in case someone dies, another mage to chain attacks, and a tank/Vaaan for Provoke (Full Break), and a Healer with Curaja. Then bring along a strong friend (mage if possible)

Four mage chain attack takes them all down pretty quickly. Only thing mildly hairy is the amoeba, but you can usually take him out before he osmoses all MP.

Tent. Rinse and repeat. Bring along a few ethers to refill between boss two and three. I've already got 54 ores, so 2-3 more runs, then I will run advanced to stock up on wood and copper to build the sword. I think I only need one sword, because Zidane has eluded me to date

But first, I think I might go back to cactuars to finish leveling CoD #2 up...

Anyone tried to use Chainsaw with three mages yet? That might kill them even quicker

Yeah first run was just awful. Probably won't be able to complete this event because I have one max 80 character Kuja and the rest are not max. Team I ran was 5 star fencer 5 star wol 5 star Kuja 4 star Terra and 4 star celes with a chizuru max friend. Did nothing. Kuja is my only strong mage if u would even call him strong as he only has thundaga.

Edit: damn autocorrect

Lyrian

Okay, it isn't so bad with a mage team. Kefka to run, Tellah in case someone dies, another mage to chain attacks, and a tank/Vaaan for Provoke (Full Break), and a Healer with Curaja. Then bring along a strong friend (mage if possible)

Four mage chain attack takes them all down pretty quickly. Only thing mildly hairy is the amoeba, but you can usually take him out before he osmoses all MP.

Tent. Rinse and repeat. Bring along a few ethers to refill between boss two and three. I've already got 54 ores, so 2-3 more runs, then I will run advanced to stock up on wood and copper to build the sword. I think I only need one sword, because Zidane has eluded me to date

But first, I think I might go back to cactuars to finish leveling CoD #2 up...

Anyone tried to use Chainsaw with three mages yet? That might kill them even quicker

Just did my first pro run, cold turkey, and barely lived to tell the tale.

Thoughts, adding to CCIE's post:

-- Bring that tent! You are going to need it for the 3 boss chain!

-- Casters > Melee: Like Ainsel in the last exploration event, the trash mobs and the bosses have stupid high physical defense. Elemental Chains are more effective than whaling on mobs with 300 or 400 ATK units.

-- Be Conservant: You only get 1 tent, and you need to make it past the first boss to position yourself for the last 2 bosses correctly. Then, it is an endurance match. Chain -ara spells, not -aga spells. If you really fell the need to burn -aga spells, bring Turbo Ethers on top of the tent.

-- Beware: The bosses on pro are **partially** immune to Full Break. Specifically, the attack debuff.

-- You don't need a tank, but you need someone with tank-like HP + Golem for taunting. The ogre **will** one-shot 5* maxed out squishies. Keep taunt up on your best tanky physical unit. Stack +HP abilities and Muscle Belts if needed. Aim for 3500, if not 4000 HP.

-- Bring a rezzer for safety purposes. As CCIE notes, Tellah does wonders for "Frost Dragon-like" moments.

Lyrian

Yeah first run was just awful. Probably won't be able to complete this event because I have one max 80 character Kuja and the rest are not max. Team I ran was 5 star fencer 5 star wol 5 star Kuja 4 star Terra and 4 star celes with a child max friend. Did nothing. Kuja is my only strong mage if u would even call him strong as he only has thundaga.

Give Kuja the fire rod. WoL should already have Golem equipped for taunt. Pair with a high MAG friend Kefka. Triple elemental chain Fira for the win. (Assuming you have a healer unit?)

If there is no Curaja healer on the team, find a friend Lenna instead. I completed my first run with just chaining Blizzara between two cast units. Slower, but still relatively doable.

Give Kuja the fire rod. WoL should already have Golem equipped for taunt. Pair with a high MAG friend Kefka. Triple elemental chain Fira for the win. (Assuming you have a healer unit?)

If there is no Curaja healer on the team, find a friend Lenna instead. I completed my first run with just chaining Blizzara between two cast units. Slower, but still relatively doable.

Ok will do. Thanks.

CCIE

Banned
When I get some more energy, I'm going to run it with Vaan (Provoke meat shield), Kefka, Tellah, Lenna, and Edgar with Ice sword. Bring along strong mage friend

If I understand it correctly, Edgar with Ice sword using Chainsaw, and three Mages using Blizzaga should annihilate the bosses with massive Elemental chains even quicker than four mages would... Nice experiment

When I get some more energy, I'm going to run it with Vaan (Provoke meat shield), Kefka, Tellah, Lenna, and Edgar with Ice sword. Bring along strong mage friend

If I understand it correctly, Edgar with Ice sword using Chainsaw, and three Mages using Blizzaga should annihilate the bosses with massive Elemental chains

Omg please try this! I would love to see the results!

So i pretty much have the event down

I cant drip the bosses super fast but my team can just outlast them

So mostly im trying to figure out how to down them more efficiently

4 star Lani with my Daily UGGHh

At least i got a banner unit this cycle as opposed to the Fencer banner

Lyrian

If I understand it correctly, Edgar with Ice sword using Chainsaw, and three Mages using Blizzaga should annihilate the bosses with massive Elemental chains even quicker than four mages would... Nice experiment

Omg please try this! I would love to see the results!

In concept, that sounds.... right? That's a pretty good idea, actually!

In concept, that sounds.... right? That's a pretty good idea, actually!

You would have to time it properly. I am curios how far the element chain damge could be pushed..

Do 2 casters one edgar and a healer. Maybe have friend unit be another caster

CoD comes in super handy here with having blizzaga and barrage. Since you still need to down the ameoba

Lyrian

Nothing like the boss taking out your healer first turn in one.

That's why I brought Tellah on my run. Lost Artemios and Rydia (lol at not being fully awake yet and bringing her) at different points during the boss sequence. Would have wiped otherwise.

CCIE

Banned
So it works, but not on auto... you have to manually activate the blizzaga on the mages, wait for the first one to hit, the hit chainsaw... took me awhile to figure out the timing but once I did, I was able to wax the ogre with very little issue. But seriously cool

Probably easier to just chain four mages together...

Damn, it gave me 19 cavern ore with that setup!

Zafir

Put the protect ring on your healer. Shining bracer i think?

Also Leo/Amarant go a long way here
I have neither levelled up because Id prioritised other characters. Even Cecil is only 4 stars due to leveling LB.

I'll see if I have a protect ring, I always keep forgetting what I've got.
That's why I brought Tellah on my run. Lost Artemios and Rydia (lol at not being fully awake yet and bringing her) at different points during the boss sequence. Would have wiped otherwise.
Never leveled him up because I had Kefka.xD

But yeah I ended up wiping with the boss at about 3% health or something silly.

Valentus

im the only one that didnt have problems to beat this dungeon with only barrage - full break and focus?

But yeah, the lack of wood farming pushes me off to this. Stop the insane grinding event gumi ffs!!!

desverger

So things happened today :p

I realized the reason I was struggling with this event was that I didn't have a strong mage, and I was trying to run it with a full physical team. Not only do the bosses have a strong physical defense, it's a tough job to stick a debuff into them.

So I did the most sensible thing ever and started pulling. First pull, Kefka! Second, Rydia.. Third: CoD! I guess I spent about 10 pulls total to this banner. 7 thrash pulls, but Chiz, Kefka and CoD is not a bad showing at all.

This also sealed the deal on what I wanted to buy with Mogcakes. Since I had only 52k, I bought the mace for CoD and +15% hp. The rest I spent on Gigantuars, and combined with the ones I've been farming over the weekend, I had enough to get Kefka straight to 80.

Now I'm ready to farm this event properly :p

If there's a lesson in this story, it's probably "always stock up on Gigantuars".

I also realized I haven't posted my ID to this thread yet. Feel free to add me up - I have a few slots free. I run a WoL as my lead currently. The ID is 764,276,625.

Xion86

Just had a first try at the new event, just about got through Pro on my first go. Was doing so many random encounters, didn't realise what the end bosses would be like haha, but got through it, had Locke in my team too. Hmm this seems like a lot of explore grinding which I might struggle with doing whilst I'm at work in the week :(. I'll give it a go through.

CCIE

Banned
Like I said, it is all timing... once I figured it out, Edgar was hitting for 5K per chainsaw hit. Wiped out almost half of the ogre's HP in one round. Before I figured it out, almost died against the amoeba. If his chainsaw hits first, all the ice damage is small.

Going to try it again in a minute... because, why not? Should be the last run because I already have 73 cavern ore

Zafir

im the only one that didnt have problems to beat this dungeon with only barrage - full break and focus?

But yeah, the lack of wood farming pushes me off to this. Stop the insane grinding event gumi ffs!!!
I'm beating it with full break and cheer. Well when I'm not getting unlucky with the bs. :p

So it works, but not on auto... you have to manually activate the blizzaga on the mages, wait for the first one to hit, the hit chainsaw... took me awhile to figure out the timing but once I did, I was able to wax the ogre with very little issue. But seriously cool

Probably easier to just chain four mages together...

Damn, it gave me 19 cavern ore with that setup!

How many rounds!?

More details and video if you can snag one!

Totally want to try this

Also what about double casting with Krile or Vivi along with chainsaw hits????

du7y

I'm doing fine with my party and I have 0 TM at moment.

twDW8qr.jpg

I always bring another friend barrage with 300 atk +, Tellah, Vaan and Lennah LB allow me to run in auto, If I have a Kefka escape would be great, but my pulls are very Shadow.

First boss:
1º turn
Lennah > Cheer
Vaan > Full break
Chiz 1# > Barrage
Chiz 2# > Barrage
Cecil > Normal atk
Tellah > Normal atk

2º turn
Auto and kill

Second boss:
Same thing basically, but Vaan need Full break more than one time, because some times def break doesn't work, Tellah can help with deprotect. LB of Tellah and Vaan deal a very good dmg too.

~Tent~

Third boss:
Same strategy of second boss with the break thing and using some eye drops if needed.

10~15 minutes / run

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Like I said, it is all timing... once I figured it out, Edgar was hitting for 5K per chainsaw hit. Wiped out almost half of the ogre's HP in one round. Before I figured it out, almost died against the amoeba. If his chainsaw hits first, all the ice damage is small.

Going to try it again in a minute... because, why not? Should be the last run because I already have 73 cavern ore

Dat my Boi. He keeps bringing it. >_<

creid

-- Beware: The bosses on pro are **partially** immune to Full Break. Specifically, the attack debuff.
I read on exviuswiki that the bosses have a chance to resist each of the 4 debuffs in Full Break, and in my testing this is true. Sometimes the attack debuff would stick, sometimes it wouldn't.

After 4 runs I have 44 cavern ores

These bosses aren't hard anymore after my 2nd run.

My team: WoL, 2 Exdeaths, Lenna, Chizu

1st boss

Cheer, Full break, Thundaga 2x, barrage.

2nd boss

1st turn Cheer, full break, Raging fist, firaga 2x

2nd turn until finish provoke, raging fist/light shell, cura/curaja/cheer, firaga 2x

3rd boss

1st turn cheer, provoke, raging fist/light shell, firaga 2x

2nd turn until finish cura/curaja/cheer, raging fist/light shell, firaga 2x and attack/provoke after 3 turns.
This worked pretty well for me, but it takes a while. My Chizu & friend WoL could do about 3-4k per turn together, my Exdeath and Kefka could do 4-6k per turn together. Only got 11 ores on my first run, not looking forward to doing more :/

Mostly auto battling, including bosses. Every so often I will stop auto so I can cure with Lenna.

Team is:

Vaan (Enhancer, Stellar Shield, Mythril Helmet, Force Armor, Hero's Ring, Hyper Wrist)
CoD (Lunar Pestle, Green Beret, Black Belt Gi, Hero's Ring x2)
Kefka (Fire Rod, Mage Hat, Black Robe, Hero's Ring x2)
Lenna (Wizard Staff, Mystery Veil, White Robe, Angel Ring & Muscle Belt)
Amarant (Poison Knuckle, Green Beret, Mirage Vest, Muscle Belt x2)

Then I bring a high damage dealing friend.

No items used yet. 4 runs in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom