• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Sorry, I only have one Edgar. I would love to see the results with two Edgars, A meat shield, two mages, and healer. About to try the Pro again for the last time, and I expect to completely annihilate it now that I have the timing down. May not even need a tent this time...

Lyrian

Like I said, it is all timing... once I figured it out, Edgar was hitting for 5K per chainsaw hit. Wiped out almost half of the ogre's HP in one round. Before I figured it out, almost died against the amoeba. If his chainsaw hits first, all the ice damage is small.

Going to try it again in a minute... because, why not? Should be the last run because I already have 73 cavern ore

It is highly annoying that repeating a chaining sequence of the exact same ability/spell usually won't generate a chain. So, you have to manually connect the chains to ensure that they work every turn. Bleh.

Starting to wonder if I should just go back to farming cactuars for the remainder of the day, just to have something left to do in this event for tomorrow (in terms of farming ore).

I read on exviuswiki that the bosses have a chance to resist each of the 4 debuffs in Full Break, and in my testing this is true. Sometimes the attack debuff would stick, sometimes it wouldn't.

It's possible, but at least anecdotally, it always seems that the attack debuff is the one that gets resisted and not the others. Could just be bad luck.

Dawg

One of my friends has a Chizuru with 500 attack and double attack. So barrage hits 8x, made the pro dungeon easier.

CCIE

Banned
Rob,

I haven't finished maxing Krile yet, and no on Vivi because he isn't getting a 5* form. I only maxed Edgar after watching the videos on YouTube. Need to recover energy faster

CCIE

Banned
Lyrian,

It is because the Chainsaw hits first on auto... then all of the spells hit for crap damage - lots, but crap damage. If blizzaga hits first, then the chain continues with the original damage (almost 5K from what I can read really fast). It's interesting to observe.

I'll run again to verify I didn't just get lucky

Lyrian,

It is because the Chainsaw hits first on auto... then all of the spells hit for crap damage - lots, but crap damage. If blizzaga hits first, then the chain continues with the original damage (almost 5K from what I can read really fast). It's interesting to observe.

I'll run again to verify I didn't just get lucky

This is so exciting

ANd who is turning out their brains and not micromanaging these fights anyways?

I know I have to

Kitoro

Trying to debate if I want to start burning through Lapis today before the cactuar vortex goes away so that I can finally max out my four 5* units, which has been my goal before I press forth with the story and harder content.

Problem is I only have a 32 energy cap, and 100 lapis only buys me two more runs. Are there better ways to go about leveling my units quickly that doesn't have me waiting 3 weeks just to power level over one weekend?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Well yeah I beat it first try too but people on GAF aren't exactly average players. Most people here have fairly top teams and still struggled - I had to use some elixirs and phoenix downs which I didn't want to do. What hope do other people have?

I mean I'd say it's tougher than any other content so far that I've experienced and you have to run it multiple times. :x

So i played the stage twice now - its not really difficult the bosses just take a bit longer to kill but thats all. Sure most Gaffers have Top Tier teams and been playing for months - but this event has multiple stages so new players arent supposed to farm that final sword anyway.

Then again im running with 2xChiz/Garland/Kefka/Lenna and max lvl friends. I can see it being frustrating if you dont have every team spot filled with a Top Tier unit.

Valus

I've got Krile and Edgar maxed, as well as CoD and Celes. With that set up I can run 4 Thundara chains with chainsaw or something. How does it work?

ReaperXL7

I haven't been playing for awhile, I took a slight break to let the content build a bit. Can anyone let me know if my team is still somewhat relevant

I have

5* Exdeath
5* Terra
5* Firion
4* Chizuru
4* Fina

I'd like to get Cecil but I haven't had any luck on that end. I've also been trying to save up these mog cakes but I'm not sure what's worth spending them on.

I've got Krile and Edgar maxed, as well as CoD and Celes. With that set up I can run 4 Thundara chains with chainsaw or something. How does it work?

Blizzara chains would work better

Put icebrand on Edgar. Pop the spells and then time the chainsaw to chain with them

Should put up big numbers

CCIE

Banned
Three turns to kill the hill gigas and ogre using this method. Probably the same as a four mage chain. However, the game gives cavern ore galore if you use a 4* like Edgar.

Got all my ore, back to farming cactuars

Three turns to kill the hill gigas and ogre using this method. Probably the same as a four mage chain. However, the game gives cavern ore galore if you use a 4* like Edgar.

3 turns eh

I wonder how the damage could be pushed up higher

Still a 3 turn kill is pretty great. I was pushing ten turns or more with my other team

Lyrian

Trying to debate if I want to start burning through Lapis today before the cactuar vortex goes away so that I can finally max out my four 5* units, which has been my goal before I press forth with the story and harder content.

Problem is I only have a 32 energy cap, and 100 lapis only buys me two more runs. Are there better ways to go about leveling my units quickly that doesn't have me waiting 3 weeks just to power level over one weekend?

Burning lapis for 32 energy kinda sucks. That said, the only other real option is soloing (+ overpowered friend unit) ADV XP vortex or using that same overpowered unit to solo Maranda Beach in Dirnado. (Vortex is safer/faster, but considerably less time and energy efficient).

I haven't been playing for awhile, I took a slight break to let the content build a bit. Can anyone let me know if my team is still somewhat relevant

I have

5* Exdeath
5* Terra
5* Firion
4* Chizuru
4* Fina

I'd like to get Cecil but I haven't had any luck on that end. I've also been trying to save up these mog cakes but I'm not sure what's worth spending them on.

Mostly relevant still. Pull for Lenna on the current banner, as she is a pure upgrade from Lenna and is needed for tougher content that is rolling out.

CCIE

Banned
The important part is using a max 4* netted me 17, 19, and 19 cavern ore on my three runs with him. When using my max team was more like an average of 12

Lyrian

3 turns eh

I wonder how the damage could be pushed up higher

Still a 3 turn kill is pretty great. I was pushing ten turns or more with my other team

You run into diminishing return problems. No matter how much damage is churned out, the mob's extreme defense ratings are going to severely limit the rate at which damage increases to them. You are probably not going to get much faster than that.

Lyrian

The important part is using a max 4* netted me 17, 19, and 19 cavern ore on my three runs with him. When using my max team was more like an average of 12

Lucky, then?

I'm bringing my 4* maxed Rydia on the team, and my hauls so far have been 12, 13, 13.

CCIE

Banned
Could just be RNG.. All I know is I'm done with Pro, and back to farming cactuars. Then its wood and copper farming. Almost have one Superior blade made - last set of Fine's in the oven.
Also, Vaan makes a pretty great pseudo-tank. Great meat shield for Pro-level

Hmm interesting stuff, need to read up about using Edgar, never crossed my mind. I'll probably go back a few pages!

I cant be glued to the game today but ill be trying to push my edgar to the max for science

Shame i dont have two of them and dual weild

Ittl be cool tonsee just how far element chaining can go

I waould love to throw in dual casting units into the mix as well

CCIE

Banned
I'm going to have to make up some TMR farming tomorrow, but hoping to max CoD#2 today... almost have Gugnir, which would be great for my Vaan pseudo-tank. 85% between two Kains should be just a few more days. Also, need to gather lumber for making the sword

Which level produces the best amount of lumber from the event?

Damnit! Everyone removed their Locke's and I need him for farming cactuars

SeanTSC

New stuff is mostly easy with my 5* 80 WoL/Xiao/Garnet/Tellah and 55 CoD team. Really wishing my CoD, Cecil, and Lenna were maxed out though (only just pulled them). I think it'd be faster/better with Cecil and Lenna replacing Garnet and Tellah.

c-murph

So how many blades is every one trying to get with this event. I ran through it three times and have 31 Cavern Ores. I think I'm going to try and get like 80 a day and aim for three... Unless it only lets you get one.

Iceman829

I'm going to try running the Pro mission again after reading how some of you have been tackling it. I'm hoping I can finish it easier this time after squeaking by last time. I think I might bring a WoL friend as I don't have a tank with Provoke and might just bring an additional damage character since my Leo wasn't too effective the first time.

Daily pull - Cyan

Then I decided since I really want some of the banner units to do an 11 pull - 4* WoL, 4* Celes, 3* CoD, 3* Kefka and then the usual mix of mediocre to trash pulls

CCIE

Banned
Only one sword for me, because I have yet to pull a Zidane. There will be additional swords as the game moves forward
Iceman - congrats on your 11 pull !!!! - yet another WoL that doesn't end up on my team...

Folstern

Team of WoL, Vaan, Kefka, CoD and Lenna and didn't have any problems on PRO. Spamming Full Break did the trick nicely. Can't resist them all! Happy I can finish my two blades off quickly and return to my almost completed Barrage.

Iceman829

Only one sword for me, because I have yet to pull a Zidane. There will be additional swords as the game moves forward
Iceman - congrats on your 11 pull !!!! - yet another WoL that doesn't end up on my team...

Thanks, I was really hoping for a WoL and/or Leanna. Finally having a Full Break character will make things easier down the line. Hopefully you can get lucky as well. I'm saving the rest of my resources to try for Lightning down the line.

Now I need to try and get 66 more ores. I screwed up with using a 5k WoL friend by forgetting to use a tent after the first boss. I have to pay better attention this time.

Who is the sword best to put on?

Eidjinn

This event is annoying, damm...
Last boss takes a lot of time... too much time.

Half pull of the day... CoD. MY FOURTH!!!! I truly need other units!!!

Seriously, I don't have any other melee unit! no Firion, no Bartz...

CCIE

Banned
Locke definitely affect gigantaur drops... or at least he does in my game. I always end up with more when I use him

c-murph

Locke definitely affect gigantaur drops... or at least he does in my game. I always end up with more when I use him

Damnit! Everyone removed their Locke's and I need him for farming cactuars

Yeah, my bad. Been running the Event without Locke because he's not much of a Fighter. He'll be back some day.

Not sure how Locke effects anything. I was certain he'd help with drop rates for Sacred Crystals in Vortex at one point... From what I hear now on here and reddit is that he influences enemies to drop the rarer tier items they hold. Not sure if that holds true in the vortex. Originally, I thought it was said that Locke just increased the frequency treasure trests drops. Once I get all my Locke's to Lv.80 I'll have to do a few runs.

I'd like to think he has some sort of influence on the Cactuars spawning to though. But I don't know if there's any official word posted anywhere or if any one has done some significant testing to say otherwise.

Lyrian

What's your secret?

What does a guy have to do to draw a CoD around here?

CCIE

Banned
I have found that I get more cactuars one of two ways - use a high ranking friend such as L60 or above, or use a L40+ Locke. That usually works to my advantage every time when farming cactuars. I usually end up with two giants, or a giant and two normal...

As for farming SC, either I take Locke or no-one. That's how I end up with the most.

scarlet

At least you have 4 CoD...

My only melee is Chizu. That's it. It keeps haunting me that I have ton of mages but only 1 melee

CCIE

Banned
Someone tell me the secret to pulling a tank, and I will share the secret of pulling DPS units. I have more than I can use - at least one of all of them except for Artemios

Pejo

Kefka on the 1/2 price daily pull today. So now the only thing I don't have on that banner is WoL, surprise surprise.

Anyways, the event threw me for a bit of a loop at first since I entered Pro level with my TM team, and a WoL friend. I ended up getting through it, but I had to use all 7 ethers I had on me, and was down to 0 MP on several units. Honestly, that was the most challenge I had in this game since the Frost Dragon.

Put my "A" team in the next time and had no problem other than a few Full Break resists from the giants.

I'm really glad this is a short event. I'd like to get enough ore for 2 swords before it ends, which seems pretty easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom