• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Everyone Smoke Bombing to escape from battles in PRO?

Nope, tanking them like a champ. Easy enough to do to chain a spell or two together or cast an esper to wipe those annoying 6 packs of bats.

I'm really glad this is a short event. I'd like to get enough ore for 2 swords before it ends, which seems pretty easy to do.

It seems that gathering the ore isn't the bottleneck of the combine, but rather lumber of all things. I'll probably farm the ore for 2 swords over the next few days as something to do, but gathering all that lumber is going to take until the year 2,394 to complete :/

Folstern

Kefka with Escape. I know he's not the only one to have the ability, but he's probably the most useful one with it.
If you have been diligent with your FP unit summon fusing I think a lot of people would probably have an Escape TM ability from Paul by now too. So you can slap that on a useful unit.

Folstern

Someone tell me the secret to pulling a tank, and I will share the secret of pulling DPS units. I have more than I can use - at least one of all of them except for Artemios
I have two WoLs, two Cecils and three Leos but only have CoD for DPS. Let's trade luck for the next month.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Two more runs threw should do it. Also gives me something to keep crafting for Forge which is nice. Only should take 6 maybe 7 runs through, making it nice. Done for today, so I'll do another two tomorrow and just go back to TM farming.

if anyone wants to help a brotha out with some strong units it would be appreciated, I had to let some go as I assume they've been kidnapped.

323 695 090

Help make my friends list great again

bonkeng

Just deleted 10+ friends that hasnt log in for 30+days
add me pls if you havent.
Cecil,Exdeath,Locke lead.

if anyone wants to help a brotha out with some strong units it would be appreciated, I had to let some go as I assume they've been kidnapped.

323 695 090

Help make my friends list great again

Added.

Got a Chizuru and Cecil today :')

Gratz. Those are great units.

c-murph

Where are you guys farming lumber?

I'm just running Earth Shine Exo over and over. Not sure if that's the most efficient way of doing it.

Finally got my first 82 pieces after several runs. Decided I'm definitely going for three Swords now. Got my team all set and they can smash through with no effort now. Filled my item bag of ethers and smoke bombs that make the trip a quick run.

Where are you guys farming lumber?

I was just about to ask the same thing. Just farmed my 160 cavern ore and now I'm on my quest for lumber. I've tried a few BGN Lands of Plenty runs and I seem to usually get around 8 lumber per run which seems pretty good. Any other places out there that I should try?

Valentus

Well at least my third batch of TM is getting closer to an end (finally)

tm7gtogb.png

I should get Doublehanded tonight and the second dual wield and the third (and final) excalibur in 3 days aprox.

Then i will farming the black cowl and then i should start boosting my paladins farming aegis shield and maximilians.

Hmmm.

Not sure about the Edgar strat, it does chain of course but his damage output is so low that I don't see why replacing him with another mage isn't a better option.

15x Cavern Ore on my first Pro completion.

I'm doing fine with my party and I have 0 TM at moment.

twDW8qr.jpg

I always bring another friend barrage with 300 atk +, Tellah, Vaan and Lennah LB allow me to run in auto, If I have a Kefka escape would be great, but my pulls are very Shadow.

First boss:
1º turn
Lennah > Cheer
Vaan > Full break
Chiz 1# > Barrage
Chiz 2# > Barrage
Cecil > Normal atk
Tellah > Normal atk

2º turn
Auto and kill

Second boss:
Same thing basically, but Vaan need Full break more than one time, because some times def break doesn't work, Tellah can help with deprotect. LB of Tellah and Vaan deal a very good dmg too.

~Tent~

Third boss:
Same strategy of second boss with the break thing and using some eye drops if needed.

10~15 minutes / run

This worked perfectly for me. I had the exact same team, except subbing Kefka for Tellah. I was lucky to get a whale Chizuru w/ Dual Wield, Blade Mastery, ATK+10% and Sakurafubuki x2 for 515 ATK and an 8 Hit Barrage. I OTKO'd the first boss, as a result.

I saved an Esper charge to use Golem at the start of the 3rd boss, as well.

c-murph

I should get Doublehanded tonight and the second dual wield and the third (and final) excalibur in 3 days aprox.

Then i will farming the black cowl and then i should start boosting my paladins farming aegis shield and maximilians.

Ah man, so jelly. I just started my macros last night. Barely scratch at my characters. Maybe 2% at most.

JOIN THE BLACK COWL CLUB

Oh I didn't realise you needed that many. Yeahhh, I'm not bothering with this event

I believe for this event you only need to focus on the Cave Ore. Everything outside of that can be found in Earth Shrine - Exploration and Broadswords purchased at Port Lodin.

Iceman829

For 15 energy? Are you mad?! Is the return rate of lumber per run worth the energy cost?

You can farm lumber anytime you want. As long as you get the ore you can craft the swords down the line. I got a bunch of copper ore and lumber that I needed just running the earth shrine exploration over and over. It's quick and you can do it whenever you want. I'm sure some of the other explorations might have some better drop rates, but most of the time I play the game I can't really focus on it.

Kourio thanks for sharing your WoL with me. Out of all the runs I've completed the easiest one has been with your WoL. All the other runs have been sweaty.

Valentus

You can farm lumber anytime you want. As long as you get the ore you can craft the swords down the line. I got a bunch of copper ore and lumber that I needed just running the earth shrine exploration over and over. It's quick and you can do it whenever you want. I'm sure some of the other explorations might have some better drop rates, but most of the time I play the game I can't really focus on it.

Kourio thanks for sharing your WoL with me. Out of all the runs I've completed the easiest one has been with your WoL. All the other runs have been sweaty.

Thats a really good point. Just farm the ores required and let them stay there in your stash until you got all the wood at some point (2 years lol)

Lyrian

Got my first batch of 80 ores, after a dreaded run that yielded only 4 ores (ugh). Back to Cactuars for the rest of the night.

ProTip of the Hour: The first Amoeba boss won't osmose your party if you don't cast spells on it (think Intangir and Meteor). Limit breaks don't seem to trigger the osmose either.

Lyrian

Thats a really good point. Just farm the ores required and let them stay there in your stash until you got all the wood at some point (2 years lol)

That's pretty much my strategy towards this event. Got my 80 ores, so I am "done" with the exploration in the worst case scenario.

Going to lazy farm another 80 over the next 3 days and kinda of let them sit there until I naturally regen the lumber through other activites in a couple of lifetimes or so.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Got my first batch of 80 ores, after a dreaded run that yielded only 4 ores (ugh). Back to Cactuars for the rest of the night.

ProTip of the Hour: The first Amoeba boss won't osmose your party if you don't cast spells on it (think Intangir and Meteor). Limit breaks don't seem to trigger the osmose either.

Wait, what?!

assuming you get 8 per run, and you need 480 if you made all the materials

480 / 8 = 60 runs

60 runs per 15 energy = 900 energy

yeah...
I just got 5 from a BGN run (which I accidentally picked instead of PRO). If that's the average for BGN, then that's ~1 lumber per NRG. Not too bad at all.

creid

Interesting, will give it a try. edit: I used no attack magic but still got Osmosed. However he didn't do it until a turn or two after I cast Cura & Curaga.

If I get 16 or more ores on my next run then I'm done! So I'll probably get 15 -_-

Iceman829

I get less and less cavern ore each run. Everyone seems to average in the teens like 12-14 and I got 12, 10, 8, 6. This is ridiculous. My first superior blade is almost finished crafting though, so there's something to for me to be happy about

c-murph

I get less and less cavern ore each run. Everyone seems to average in the teens like 12-14 and I got 12, 10, 8, 6. This is ridiculous. My first superior blade is almost finished crafting though, so there's something to for me to be happy about

Nah, man. Its just RNG. Mine are consistently above 10+.

Can we safely sell all things related to Mog Cakes?

Probably. Even if it came back everything would probably just overflow again... Besides flour that is.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Going to be picking up an additional Mil Gil soon, just going to sell the cakes and all additional supplies.

Can we say, 5 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom