• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Can we safely sell all things related to Mog Cakes?

Your guess is as good as anyone's. Given that JP has never repeated an event, it is **probably** a safe assumption that the leftover mats can be sold. If the event ever does come back for some reason, it's not like the non-flour mats were hard to farm anyways.

have you tried it yourself?

I did a full run through (and wasted jumbos leveling a random spare Edgar -.-) with an Edgar and even equipping Black Cowl, Ice Brand, and Ifrit, Hyper Wrists...the damage just isn't there.

So i went into earth shrine to practice and it seems very tricky to pull off

Even then the element chain isnt being carried on all the hits. I think you need several casters and space out the casts but it all happens so fast that i have no clue how much damage he really does on the chain strikes

Lyrian

Is this proven?

Reddit seems to believe so, and no one has dissproved it yet. Anecdotally, it worked for me as well on the few runs I tested it.

Reddit ProTip of the New Hour: Don't have high end gear or TMs? No problem! Bring three people (including friend) that can cast Blizzara (-ga is possible, but trickier). Equip your healer with the Ice Rod (Colosseum INT-D-4), and your tank with the Icebrand (Earth Key 24, Wolfsgang Exploration). Proceed to cast Blizzara x5 **manually**, clicking in rapid order from weakest caster to strongest caster [if possible] (you get 1/2 second to fire off the next spell to keep the chain going). Elemental Chain x5 ending with the strongest caster (usually the friend unit) will make short work of the Gigas and Ogre.

NomarTyme

Reddit seems to believe so, and no one has dissproved it yet. Anecdotally, it worked for me as well on the few runs I tested it.

Reddit ProTip of the New Hour: Don't have high end gear or TMs? No problem! Bring three people (including friend) that can cast Blizzara (-ga is possible, but trickier). Equip your healer with the Ice Rod (Colosseum INT-D-4), and your tank with the Icebrand (Earth Key 24, Wolfsgang Exploration). Proceed to cast Blizzara x5 **manually**, clicking in rapid order from weakest caster to strongest caster [if possible] (you get 1/2 second to fire off the next spell to keep the chain going). Elemental Chain x5 ending with the strongest caster (usually the friend unit) will make short work of the Gigas and Ogre.
I'll try this.

Celegus

I know for sure I sold at least a stack or two of lumber in the past, feels baaaad.

Was busy all day so I haven't got to mess with the event much yet.

Coppanuva

One is enough for me. I have enchancer. Excalibur on it's way. My only melee is Chizu and she can't even use sword.

Same. I have plenty of units who can use the sword (3/5 party members), but so much other good gear in tm that I only really want the 1. Man I swore I wasn't even going to farm this event. Oh well.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
One is enough for me. I have enchancer. Excalibur on it's way. My only melee is Chizu and she can't even use sword.

It could be beneficial to have more, since it is a fairly easy weapon with solid stats to get.

I dislike using the term, but it has a lot of potential later down when better Physical damagers come in since Sword is the most common weapon usage. Our issue is right now with Chizzy and CoD's very limited pool.

c-murph

man you people doing more than 1 sword are insane, all that goddamn lumber

I do daily runs through Earth Shrine Explor. so I had a couple lying around anyways. Current ore count at 130. Might do one more run when my stamina creeps back up to 16. Then I set it to farming mode.

scarlet

It could be beneficial to have more, since it is a fairly easy weapon with solid stats to get.

I dislike using the term, but it has a lot of potential later down when better Physical damagers come in since Sword is the most common weapon usage.

Easy? *throws lumber*

bonkeng

I dislike using the term, but it has a lot of potential later down when better Physical damagers come in since Sword is the most common weapon usage.

Yes it is beneficial to have more, there's no doubt about that.

But farming for the materials i think is too much. 480 lumbers just for 1 sword.

If you have the stomach for it, that's great. For me, I'd rather farm TM than lumbers forever.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yes it is beneficial to have more, there's no doubt about that.

But farming for the materials i think is too much. 480 lumbers just for 1 sword.

If you have the stomach for it, that's great. For me, I'd rather farm TM than lumbers forever.

Well, a TM is based upon luck, plus a lot more time and farming.

Xaio, Locke, Cecil, Miyuki, are all rare 3*. Kain is the only common.

Folstern

I think if I had realized that I need 480 lumbers and 360 copper ore, I might've skipped this event.
You realize you don't have to farm them during the event right?

Anyone else feel like they are speed running? Maybe it's just me because I've been watching some FF6 speed runs with tons of smoke bombs being used. Also I just got 5x Cavern Ore from one node. There goes my luck for pulls.

scarlet

To all Cecil player. What's your current LB level? I'm close to 3. I have no idea what's the ideal level for his LB before leveling him.

Malakhov

Banned
Been working outside on the patio all weekend, haven't had time to read anything or play the game. What's the lowdown on the new event? Takes an eternity to get the sword? Any tips? Thanks!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ok I just got smushed in the pro level of this event. What's up with these levels? -- seems like every single enemy is wearing lead I can't pierce.

Using:
5* lvl 59 Garland
5* lvl 54 Leo
5* lvl 70 Kuja
5* lvl 55 Fina
5* lvl 52 Terra

.. and I felt like I was fighting way way out of my league.

Folstern

To all Cecil player. What's your current LB level? I'm close to 3. I have no idea what's the ideal level for his LB before leveling him.
The 5* Cecil I have had since launch is 1/20. The 3* Cecil I have is 6/10. I would suggest maxing out his LB before awakening to 4*, if you really want the most out of him. Still awhile before his 6* comes out.

Valentus

doublehandedlmx7g.png

Yes, doublehanded down, and right to the vault waiting for Garland 6star.

To all people having problems with the pro cave: Use a healer with a LB that heals all the party. (Lenna or Roselia)

That is crucial because you will fill lb gauge pretty easy and that will help you to survive and attack normally, and save MP for the 3 bosses.

Another thing is that if you dont want to suffer, bring a OP friend. For preference, one with barrage and dualwield. That will help you (at this point of the game, theres almost everybody with an OP friend in their lists)

Iceman829

Been working outside on the patio all weekend, haven't had time to read anything or play the game. What's the lowdown on the new event? Takes an eternity to get the sword? Any tips? Thanks!

Unlike the mogcake event the only item you need to collect is 80 cavern ores from the PRO difficulty in order to craft the sword. Everything else you can collect at a later date, so if you are trying to just get the items you need only focus on the special event ore before the event ends.

As for battling in the event:
You can skip all battles while working your way through the collecting points by using escape
When fighting the giant amoeba avoid using magic and you can conserve having to use supplies to recoup hp/mp. I usually have someone use full break and then use a combination of barrage, regular attacks and some TMs. I'll cure right before the end of the battle and then roll into Boss #2 with fullish characters
The Hills Giga/Ogre people fight a few different ways depending on their characters. Magic teams use elemental chains to bring down the enemies quick, melee squads use abilities such as raging fist and light shell to deal damage to them. Cheer / Provoke and curing has been useful for me.
Bring a tent to use as well. I use one right after boss 2 and before 3 to go in fresh and to not worry about anything.

I'm sure there are better strategies out there than what I've been doing, but it has been working for me thus far and my clear times have improved so I'll stick with it.

75/80 ores. I think I might try for a second one especially considering it has a blinding effect that might be useful and I'm sure I will have additional sword users down the line. Right now I have my Enhancer on Golbez as no one else can equip it. I'll probably put this sword on the WoL I pulled today.

Malakhov

Banned
Unlike the mogcake event the only item you need to collect is 80 cavern ores from the PRO difficulty in order to craft the sword. Everything else you can collect at a later date, so if you are trying to just get the items you need only focus on the special event ore before the event ends.

As for battling in the event:
You can skip all battles while working your way through the collecting points by using escape
When fighting the giant amoeba avoid using magic and you can conserve having to use supplies to recoup hp/mp. I usually have someone use full break and then use a combination of barrage, regular attacks and some TMs. I'll cure right before the end of the battle and then roll into Boss #2 with fullish characters
The Hills Giga/Ogre people fight a few different ways depending on their characters. Magic teams use elemental chains to bring down the enemies quick, melee squads use abilities such as raging fist and light shell to deal damage to them. Cheer / Provoke and curing has been useful for me.
Bring a tent to use as well. I use one right after boss 2 and before 3 to go in fresh and to not worry about anything.

I'm sure there are better strategies out there than what I've been doing, but it has been working for me thus far and my clear times have improved so I'll stick with it.

75/80 ores. I think I might try for a second one especially considering it has a blinding effect that might be useful and I'm sure I will have additional sword users down the line. Right now I have my Enhancer on Golbez as no one else can equip it. I'll probably put this sword on the WoL I pulled today.
Thanks, will do it then.

Valentus

Garland already has double hand, they stack?

Yes. In JP a garland with 5 doublehanded equipped (1 innate 4 materias) can give garland 1000 atk.

Unfortunally in global you cant equip 2 same materias like Doublehanded or Blade Mastery, but if you have the ability innate, you can equip an extra materia of the same type.

So Garland in Global can equip 2 doublehanded.

Folstern

Any tips?
You'll want to farm the TM for Cecil, so having him in the party and clicking the monsters one by one means more crystals and more LBs during the farming. I was nearly getting him to use his LB every time I did a run so if you get him to 100% TM you'll have a ton of LB XP by that time. I also got a lot from farming stuff like Phantom Forest. The last event farming Dwarves' Forge got me a ton of LB experience too. Anywhere you use Auto (with Auto-Limit on) helps. The biggest factor is to keep Cecil at 3* though. Oh, and I did get all the LB pots from the Mogcake event. That was a good couple of levels there in XP.

Malakhov

Banned
Yes. In JP a garland with 5 doublehanded equipped (1 innate 4 materias) can give garland 1000 atk.

Unfortunally in global you cant equip 2 same materias like Doublehanded or Blade Mastery, but if you have the ability innate, you can equip an extra materia of the same type.

Nice, already doing doublehand in my tm farming. Will also equip him with barrage.

Halfway to level 2 because I got him to 5* before I knew this was a thing.

The 5* Cecil I have had since launch is 1/20. The 3* Cecil I have is 6/10. I would suggest maxing out his LB before awakening to 4*, if you really want the most out of him. Still awhile before his 6* comes out.

I'm in a similar position. I rerolled at soft launch for a Cecil and 5*'d him immediately to help carry my team. Then I learned about LB grinding. I pulled a second 3* Cecil during the Mog event and had him on my Coast/Forge exploration party the whole time. He's now at 2.5/10.

I plan to make the 5* -> 6* when the time comes, while continuing to slowly LB grind up my 3*. Both will be TM'd eventually, as well.

NomarTyme

Damn we got nerfed.

leehom

Is Lockes steal broken?

My Vaan steals at a near 100% rate, while Locke is worse than my other characters with the steal ability equipped.

All the units are 5* level 80.

Wtf, the Hill Gigas in the Pro exploration is so tough. His Magnitude 8 does massive damage. The difficulty spike jumped up a lot. How the hell are you supposed to beat him lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom