• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

_woLf

Wtf, the Hill Gigas in the Pro exploration is so tough. His Magnitude 8 does massive damage. The difficulty spike jumped up a lot. How the hell are you supposed to beat him lol?

This. I got to the purple blob boss and wrecked it. One step afterwards ran into the brick wall aka Hill Gigas. Proceeded to wipe my entire party.

This. I got to the purple blob boss and wrecked it. One step afterwards ran into the brick wall aka Hill Gigas. Proceeded to wipe my entire party.
Same thing happen to me. Destroyed the Amoeba boss. My party gets decimated by the Hill Gigas a few steps later.

bonkeng

To all Cecil player. What's your current LB level? I'm close to 3. I have no idea what's the ideal level for his LB before leveling him.

I'm midway thru 12 now.

Fastest is exploration with Entrust. It's much more tedious but I did it while farming for mogcakes. You can LB every encounter if you have enough Entrust units.

Easy method but takes longer is Earth Shrine Exit. You can do it by macro as well. Just make sure to single target each monsters before clicking auto. By the time you reach Belmodar, LB gauge should be full. This is what I did while TM farming.

Ran the Pro version all day and have enough for two of the top swords. Now, to farm lumber all week long I guess. Best place to do it?

Also, here was my method to easily farming the stage (with top tier chars of course)

CoD (the Man eater skill works on both hill gigas and ogre)
WoL (provoke the ogre, Full break everything every turn)
Lenna (Curaja and Cheer)
Kefka (Escape all enemies. Hyperdrive and Blizzaga)
Tella (Raise just in case. Blizzaga)
friends Kefka (just like my own)

These are the skills and strats I used every run so I could turn off my brain and do it quickly and easily.
Run from every fight with the Kefka escape skill.
Ameoba boss, CoD barrage, WoL full break, Lenna Cheer then whatever, Kefkas Hyperdrive, Tella Recall.
Use ethers and Turbo ethers if needed.
Hill Gigas, CoD barrage, Wol Full break(very important so Mag 8 doesnt hit to hard), Lenna Curaja, 3 magic users chain Blizzaga.
Use Tent.
Ogre, CoD barrage, WoL first turn Provoke then Full Break the rest of the fight, Lenna Cure WoL, 3 magic users chain Blizzaga.

Did this every run without fail

chrono01

They seem to really have the encounter rate cranked for the Pro difficulty of the event map. At least I have Kefka and his Escape to save me.

hitmon

For anybody who uses Nox, have you had issues connecting? I had a secondary account on Nox, but it looks like it won't connect anymore. Is there a way around it?

Rixa

Hello. Iam back :) Anything major happened during last 5 days?
Logged daily from hotel, forgot to log other games tho :D. But havent really played (cause no time).

chrono01

Hello. Iam back :) Anything major happened during last 5 days?
Logged daily from hotel, forgot to log other games tho :D. But havent really played (cause no time).
Welcome back!

Not really. Many of us finished baking our Mogcakes and are now grinding Ore in the Lands of Plenty and/or Lumber. The grind never ends!

I'm still without a tank, but that's okay. I can power through the current content, I just hope I get one soon...

CCIE

Banned
I am still baking cakes... and forging fine blades. After cactuars end tonight I will start to farm the lumber and go back to the TMR grind. Is it better to do LoP BG or Earth Shrine for the lumber?

Also, Edgar chains well with the right timing, but I'd just bring a fourth Mage instead.

Rixa

Welcome back!

Not really. Many of us finished baking our Mogcakes and are now grinding Ore in the Lands of Plenty and/or Lumber. The grind never ends!

I'm still without a tank, but that's okay. I can power through the current content, I just hope I get one soon...

Its seems there is new difficulty version in LotP. Is there new weapon too, I mean I have Superior Blade, is there new /better version?

chrono01

Its seems there is new difficulty version in LotP. Is there new weapon too, I mean I have Superior Blade, is there new /better version?
Yeah.

If you beat Lands of Plenty on Pro difficulty, you obtain the recipe for "Shinign Splendor". It requires 3 "Superior Blade" to craft (as well as a few other ingredients), and gives you ATK +72 and DEF +8, as well as chance to Blind on-hit. You need the Cavern Ore that drops on the Pro map, but it's relatively common so no worries there. It's difficult, but nothing too unmanageable, assuming you have a hallway decent team with a nice healer. Just read the tips posted earlier, and you should be okay. Here's everything you should know.

https://exviuswiki.com/Lands_of_Plenty

Have fun!

scarlet

I am still baking cakes... and forging fine blades. After cactuars end tonight I will start to farm the lumber and go back to the TMR grind. Is it better to do LoP BG or Earth Shrine for the lumber?

Also, Edgar chains well with the right timing, but I'd just bring a fourth Mage instead.

LoP BGN is way much better than ES

I got at least 5 from 1 run in BGN. In ES 0!

Malakhov

Banned
Just ran the pro version for the first time. Had no problem with the bosses besides the fights are ridiculously long for nothing. At least I got 14 cavern ores in one run...

Rixa

Ok, got 17 ores in first run. Kefkas escape is handy time saver. Whats the fastest way to nuke Ogre (after Hill Gigas)? Magic Firaga / Hyperdrive combos?

linkent

Ok, got 17 ores in first run. Kefkas escape is handy time saver. Whats the fastest way to nuke Ogre (after Hill Gigas)? Magic Firaga / Hyperdrive combos?
Damn 17... My last run only get me 7 of it.
Finally got 84 after that.. Will probably get 160 of it.

After few runs, for sure chaining blizzaga methhod(posted previous few post) is the fastest.
Running Artemios, golbez, kefka, lena(ice rod), exdeath. With kefka friend.
The 2 ogres down in 3/4 rounds with blizzaga x4+ blizzara.

Malakhov

Banned
I see some of you pulling double, triple and quadruple CoDs. I just need one on my second account and I can't for the life of me pull her. 9 pulls so far on this banner and got no one featured on the banner yet...

Xion86

Damn I just decided to try the 250 pull hoping for a Chiz and got a Warrior of Light (gold)...already have him so kinda feel bad :( but I think I'll replace him with Garland and just have two on my team? Hmm

Malakhov

Banned
Also a tip for people having trouble with the bosses in the event, if you have two tanks it works pretty well. I bring Leo with my WoL and between the two they're taking pretty much all the hits.

Rixa

Also a tip for people having trouble with the bosses in the event, if you have two tanks it works pretty well. I bring Leo with my WoL and between the two they're taking pretty much all the hits.

So glad I have WoL, he's a game changer in that event.
PRO is doable without single tank in party. I could add Cecil there but nah, going with this party and using escape in most of fights just collecting enough LB to get them full before bosses. As added bonus got SQ from this:

Screenshot_20160919-113225.png

And managed to pull my 11th Fran. She has now 50% TM :p.

Malakhov

Banned
PRO is doable without single tank in party. I could add Cecil there but nah, going with this party and using escape in most of fights just collecting enough LB to get them full before bosses. As added bonus got SQ from this:

Don't know without a tank but when my WoL is getting hit, its in the 50s. Don't have to heal at all besides the magnitude 8 and destruction and even then, it hits barely for 1000 damage or in the 400/500s with the golem wall used. I also dont have to use my lbs.

Don't see the point of stepping aside my tanks but to each its own ;)

scarlet

Reverse Kefka and Vaan slot. Big unit supposed to be in slot 1 and 4. Almost can't see your Lenna x)

Holy hell. Started lumber farming. F this. This is just like the event where I have the crap to make a few %15 HP things but the light mega crysts are to rare to come by. This lumber so screwed up. Please tell me there is a better way to acquire it in the Japanese version at least. Something to wait for?

This is just like tm farming. I really really wish I could spend my lump sum of energy for a certain amount instead of waste hours of my life repeating the same process. This is the type of grinding I can't deal with. The lumber runs of earth shrine cost 3 nrg each, which takes entirely too long to burn through. Seriously maybe it's because it's late, I'm tired, but it's making me want to quit the game for something this stupid.

Rixa

Don't know without a tank but when my WoL is getting hit, its in the 50s. Don't have to heal at all besides the magnitude 8 and destruction and even then, it hits barely for 1000 damage or in the 400/500s with the golem wall used. I also dont have to use my lbs.

Don't see the point of stepping aside my tanks but to each its own ;)
Yup, you are right that tank would help a lot. My pic + comment was aimed to those poor souls that dont have tank but have Kefka (escape). Bosses are doable without tank but much harder that way.

Reverse Kefka and Vaan slot. Big unit supposed to be in slot 1 and 4. Almost can't see your Lenna x)
Been lazy to swap slots, noticed the same thing when I looked pic :D. Need to fix this.

CCIE

Banned
Think I'm going to run advanced or intermediate for lumber farming. Don't have the time to run beginner over, and over, and over...

Dusky

Increased the limit on my flist if anyone wants to add me.

I usually leave a Chizu as leader but switched to WoL for the purpose of the current event.

Pulled a Cyan today, 2 in a row now...going for that 3rd.

scarlet

^^ What is that Mogcake milestone? We get 1 tix or something else?

For baking 5/6 billion mogcakes IIRC. Someone on Thursday posted it but I don't remembering whom posted it.

1 tix and something else.

Edit: it was Lyrian

Apparently, we just did hit the final milestone in the last hour.

For 5 BILLION mogcakes before the server downtime in 2 hours:

100 Lapis
50 Energy Potion
1 "set"?? of megacites
5 metal cactaurs

1 Summon Ticket

Perhaps sent to inbox when the servers come back up, I think?

Ourobolus

Banned
This banner has been good for me so far. Some trash here and there, but I've pulled CoD, Chiz, and Kefka. Only missing Lenna now.

This is from like five ticket pulls and a few half-price pulls.

Ugh.
I truly think the game is just trolling me now. I don't have any tickets, but did the daily pull each day this weekend. So, including today, I got:

Kain
Shadow (which makes it my 20th iteration of the bastard)
Clyde (which has gotta be in the double digits now as well)

So for those keeping track (which is only me), for a grand total of 8 pulls since Friday, I have received:

3 Shadows
3 Anzelms
Kain
Clyde

That's.... not good. All I want is... well... pretty much anyone on the banner this time around. Seriously, any of them would be great.

Ah well... so it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom