• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Looks like I'm done grinding lumbers, I should get my Shining Splendor late tonight/tomorrow.
I'm really not looking forward to yet another exploration/crafting event, just give me the regular currency ones JP got >.<

scarlet

Looks like I'm done grinding lumbers, I should get my Shining Splendor late tonight/tomorrow.
I'm really not looking forward to yet another exploration/crafting event, just give me the regular currency ones JP got >.<

Where did you get lumbers? I'm stuck at the BGN vortex.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So far for this banner. I'm 1 out of 9 with my one being Leanna. Everything else was junk, not even a Totto or Kain.

So guess who is getting Lightning on their first half price pull guys! Not this bitch right here.

Zafir

So far for this banner. I'm 1 out of 9 with my one being Leanna. Everything else was junk, not even a Totto or Kain.

So guess who is getting Lightning on their first half price pull guys! Not this bitch right here.

I'd like to say I'm saving up for getting Lightning considering I've never gotten a single rainbow crystal in however many pulls.

Like hell that's happening though.

Coppanuva

I'm like... 0/8. I did pull a Cecil and a (second) Firion though. Cecil was nice, looking forward to having him as a third tank option (with my Leo and WoL), but Firion... eh. He takes too many TMs to be great, and his TMR is meh for my team.

Lyrian

Got my daily Bedile.

So far on this banner, I'm at 8 Trash units. Q_Q

Same here. Add yet another Kain and a Krille to the trash pile today. Still can't pull a CoD, if my life depended on it.

For baking 5/6 billion mogcakes IIRC. Someone on Thursday posted it but I don't remembering whom posted it.

1 tix and something else.

Edit: it was Lyrian

^^ What is that Mogcake milestone? We get 1 tix or something else?

Edit: Thanks for the info.

There are a couple sets of rewards that have been announced, their contest periods ended, and have not been delivered by Gumi yet.

Off the top of my head:

-- The mogcake server total quantity set of rewards:
-- The Facebook Connect to Collect promotion to reward linking to Facebook.

I keep thinking there is one more, but there might only be two promotions outstanding right now.

CCIE

Banned
I'm STILL baking mogcakes... Agree with Kourizan. Running ES over and over and over for wood. Same mats as grinding TMR so using my TMR team to do so. Two birds with one stone, and I know exactly which mats I need so don't have to sell as often.

Win, Win. Two fine blades every few hours this way... currently up to 10 so far

Whizkid7

Same here. Add yet another Kain and a Krille to the trash pile today. Still can't pull a CoD, if my life depended on it.

Want one of mine? I've gotten three off this banner alone. Only good pull I've gotten, and I'd rather have taken anything else at this point...

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, after my third CoD, I have given up on this banner. Might pull the last day in the hopes of WoL, but probably not. Will save up, and spend wisely with my 5500 lapis and 12 tickets.

When do we find out about the next banner?

Iceman829

Yeah, after my third CoD, I have given up on this banner. Might pull the last day in the hopes of WoL, but probably not. Will save up, and spend wisely with my 5500 lapis and 12 tickets.

I feel like we usually get a notice the day before detailing the next banner or events when they are changing

Lyrian

I'm STILL baking mogcakes... Agree with Kourizan. Running ES over and over and over for wood. Same mats as grinding TMR so using my TMR team to do so. Two birds with one stone, and I know exactly which mats I need so don't have to sell as often.

Win, Win. Two fine blades every few hours this way... currently up to 10 so far

Still baking cakes here as well. Might have enough flour to make it to the last day (Wed) before running out.

Banners are usually announced on Tuesdays, but that has been slipping a bit lately. With the current banner being a Player's Choice, the announcement may be late this week.

The only real possibilities for the banner at this point are Brave Frontier Collab (Tillith) or the Lightning Banner. That's literally all they have left, as this banner is pretty much a stall tactic for Gumi.

creid

I realize that, but it's going to take me like 80+ runs through Earth Shrine exploration.
I've gotta take this back a bit, I didn't realize how short ES exp is. Quite easy to do while watching something else. That said, I'm getting fewer mats than expected, so it's probably more like 120+ runs x.x

Pbae

I tried the pro level of the event dungeon and holy canoli was I not prepared.

Everything was going pretty decent until I fought a boss Amoeba.

One step later I had to fight a Hill Gigas (with Mana Drain?).

One step after that I needed to fight an Ogre that was a damage sponge. That one wiped me since I had no mana at all.

Need to revise my plan of attack but I'm actually very happy to be challenged. AWWW YISSS.

Coppanuva

Still baking cakes here as well. Might have enough flour to make it to the last day (Wed) before running out.

Banners are usually announced on Tuesdays, but that has been slipping a bit lately. With the current banner being a Player's Choice, the announcement may be late this week.

The only real possibilities for the banner at this point are Brave Frontier Collab (Tillith) or the Lightning Banner. That's literally all they have left, as this banner is pretty much a stall tactic for Gumi.

There's also FFT right (please be FFT)? Or the possibility of starting 6*s (prior to Lightning's release) and doing a Cecil rate up one.

Takuan

Yellow Crystal!
kttcoliooh

.. Anzelm
kttcoliscusthov

Chinner

Banned
This banner has been really terrible for me. truly pissed on my parade. Everybody else I know has had decent pulls.

Pretty much wanted every character, apart from Lenna who I already have. What happens next? I pull 4 Lenna.

Don't have much lapris left now. I'm happy they I'm f2p anyway because at least I haven't lost money to the gacha machine.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just looked into how many Lumber and Copper materials I would need and how often I would have to run ES for it... lol.

Grind in this game is just ridiculous. And we are still kinda early in the meta hope it doesn't get much worse. Feels like you have to invest hours for every little event/achievement in this game.

Is there a way to farm Lumber/Copper via standard Story quests? Doubt I'll be able to run hours of exploration quests for the new sword.

Just looked into how many Lumber and Copper materials I would need and how often I would have to run ES for it... lol.

Grind in this game is just ridiculous. And we are still kinda early in the meta hope it doesn't get much worse. Feels like you have to invest hours for every little event/achievement in this game.

Is there a way to farm Lumber/Copper via standard Story quests? Doubt I'll be able to run hours of exploration quests for the new sword.

Back when Superior blade first came out i grinded for lumber at the dalkyna cavern. Not sure how efficient that was.

Lumber is kind of a bitch ingredient. Its really stupid they put the requirements so high above its drop rate

Got one blade in the oven today. It helped that I made a Superior Blade a few months ago and had a decent stack of lumber before the event started, so that definitely helped speed things up. Farmed enough Cavern Ore for two swords, but will probably hold off on the second since starting that lumber grind from 0 sure isn't inviting. Overall, I think this event was pretty good.

Awesome event

Gate material is what hurts it.

Should have had lumber drop at higher volumes in the other vortexes or something

Like in the double digits

Now that the FB banner is finally out, looking forward to hearing what's next. I hit that point a couple weeks ago that CCIE said she might a while back where I just log in briefly each day to send gifts to my friends, receive mine, and receive the daily log-in reward. Bring on Dirnado 2 and new worthwhile units! At least new story content will assure I keep coming back to this game more actively periodically and I know when I finally get a new unit I plan to make part of my main team, I'll be back into the level/grind thing for them but for now, not much incentive to play besides the daily reward/gifts.

Kitoro

My team right now consists of:

Chizuru
Amarant
Terra
Tellah
Lenna

I just pulled a Cloud of Darkness. Would it be wise to level her up and replace Amarant, or is my team pretty solid as-is?

Thanks!

Chinner

Banned
My team right now consists of:

Chizuru
Amarant
Terra
Tellah
Lenna

I just pulled a Cloud of Darkness. Would it be wise to level her up and replace Amarant, or is my team pretty solid as-is?

Thanks!
I'd probably swap terra with COD. COD will give you dps with barrage.

Rixa

For me this is nice event. I had 1 Superior Blade made when the event was here last time and got ~130 wood in reserve. Already grinded Cavern Ores and now for the last wood. Tomorrow I make last 2 Fine Blades needed and run ES Explo for 29 wood and then its time to do last Superior Blade and start to make that better sword :p

I dont need more than one of those swords. Not sure if I need that at all but getting everything done as materials in 1 day feels good.

creid

Noted! But is Amarant even useful right now? He's pretty weak, and I've heard there's no content yet that actually requires a tank.
Tanks may not be required yet, but I found mine to be pretty helpful during the 3rd boss of this current event.

GG-Duo

I'm not sure, but I think Amoeba will still take your mana if your weapon has a magic property. Anyone know if this is true?

Jeffrey

my god is farming exploration nodes fucking terrible.

you need like nearly 500 lumbers to craft this sword too.

If all events are gonna be grinding explorations, then im quitting.

don't have time for this bullshit.

NomarTyme

my god is farming exploration nodes fucking terrible.

you need like nearly 500 lumbers to craft this sword too.

If all events are gonna be grinding explorations, then im quitting.

don't have time for this bullshit.
Just take it easy. You don't need the sword right now.

c-murph

Got a second Kefka with my half daily pull today! Yay, potential 2nd Ribbon some day!

Bartz yesterday, Kefka today, Chizuru tomorrow!

Yellow Crystal!
kttcoliooh

.. Anzelm
kttcoliscusthov

Wanna trade for the Yellow Crystal Penelo I got today?! Ugh lol, so disappointing. Thanks to whoever posted the tip about Blizzara/ice rod/icebrand chaining for PRO. I was unable to beat it without continuing (no full break and only Leo as a tank, no TM's so far) until I tried that method. I really need a good tank and a barrage user :\. Gonna have to do some farming tonight!

Lyrian

There's also FFT right (please be FFT)? Or the possibility of starting 6*s (prior to Lightning's release) and doing a Cecil rate up one.

At the last developer interview, the devs kind of all-but-confirmed that Lightning was going first, as she did on JP with a "very soon" comment (this was before the FB banner landed).

Cecil will surely be pushed back to the FF4 banner, instead of getting a personal rate-up at this point because of pushing units out so fast. FFT and FF4 should come relatively quickly once Lightning is out of the way. The ordering of the events is anyone's guess though.

The only real question left is whether BF Collab will occur on Global or not. We should know by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest when the next banner is revealed.

It only took me 12 runs to get 162 Cavern Ore. Nice and quick event.

The other mats will take quite some time to gather.

162 of 80/160: Cavern Ore
164 of 80/160: Iron Ore
146 of 80/160: Silver Ore
133 of 50/100: Mythril Ore
88 of 360/720: Copper Ore
87 of 480/960: Lumber
180 of 90/180: Broadswords

The thing that gets me is that I tossed 2 stacks of Lumber and 2 stacks of Copper Ore during the Mogcake grind. >_<

When does this fucking event end?

Also, these boss battles are fun! Seeing two tanks protect each other and literally TANK the damage is a taste of horrible things to come >.>

bryt

When did JP get the change where yellow/rainbow crystals would only give base 4/5* units?

I hope that happens some time in global.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom