• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

Half her words are yadda yadda yadda yadda, nonde nonde nonde nonde

That's like my level of bad luck. 33 pulls and she got 0 banner characters and 2 Leo's I think.

You should watch Kungpao, his luck is just as horrible.

Nah, she got Tidus and Lightning in few pulls. She's lucky.

Lyrian

17 ore run, and I'm done with Pro for good.

As a bonus, this happened.

srbnjhT.png

Send more LB pots, STAT!

1250 to next level.. /whimper

ExVicis

So I farmed all the Cavern Ores I need for one sword. Just need to get some more lumber and copper.

I read some posts saying people are farming two and I I'm not sure I can join you guys on that. I was barely able to finish the last run of Pro is just did. That place is awful and I have no idea how you guys can stand to run it more times or how you can manage to clear it so many of those times. Those bosses are just too much.

CCIE

Banned
Need just 100 more lumber to finish off ingredients for the sword. Almost all fine blades made. Now three superiors means I should probably be ready to craft the sword tomorrow night or the following day

Eidjinn

So I farmed all the Cavern Ores I need for one sword. Just need to get some more lumber and copper.

I read some posts saying people are farming two and I I'm not sure I can join you guys on that. I was barely able to finish the last run of Pro is just did. That place is awful and I have no idea how you guys can stand to run it more times or how you can manage to clear it so many of those times. Those bosses are just too much.

Funnily enough, someone from Gaf said that the first run or two are the most difficult, and then it "becomes easier".
I guess that's entirely true: I had to use a 100 lapis to revive in my first try, but then something clicks and everything starts becoming easier and easier.

A tank, full breaker and a healer are a must and someone with Cheer helps a ton. After that, fill the team anyway you want with some high level units.

I could not auto the pro level, mas overall, it was just time consuming, but not that difficult.

ExVicis

Funnily enough, someone from Gaf said that the first run or two are the most difficult, and then it "becomes easier".
I guess that's entirely true: I had to use a 100 lapis to revive in my first try, but then something clicks and everything starts becoming easier and easier.
I've already done it 7 times at least and I don't agree with that at all. If anything it's actually somehow gotten harder than the first time I did it.

Malakhov

Banned
Is earth shrine or bgn event vortex the best for ore and lumber runs? I completed my cavern ores this morning. Still hesitating about farming this...

Celegus

Is it worth it to get two barrage TMs or should I combine my Lunas? I'm not sure who else would use it other than Garland at 6*.

scarlet

Is earth shrine or bgn event vortex the best for ore and lumber runs? I completed my cavern ores this morning. Still hesitating about farming this...

If you're making 1 sword it isn't that bad. I have 17/18 fine blade now. And I grind casually. Still need around 80 lumbers for superior blade and I'm done.

Is it worth it to get two barrage TMs or should I combine my Lunas? I'm not sure who else would use it other than Garland at 6*.
I have Chizuru and CoD for native Barragers and am going for two TMs. I'm going to use one for Firion and the other for either Vaan or Cecil.

Jeffrey

im grinding adv for event place. getting around 10+ each run. its a quick way to burn energy, and i have so much in stock in my inventory anyways.

tuffymon

A tank, full breaker and a healer are a must and someone with Cheer helps a ton. After that, fill the team anyway you want with some high level units.

I could not auto the pro level, mas overall, it was just time consuming, but not that difficult.

While I can agree with the first run being harder than becomes easier, I don't agree with full break a must. Someone with high hp/voke does great, but I'm getting by without cheer and just 1 cura.

CCIE

Banned
Should I continue the daily pulls? Or should I save up and try and go all in on Cecil? I have every unit off this banner except for WoL (because he is a tank), and I've gone from having no CoD to three in just a few days... I actually have two maxed for PvP play down the road (cactuars), because I'm going full on nuke until the game deigns to give me a damned tank. CoD should rule PvP because of +75% against humans at 6*. My PvP team will probably be Chiz, CoDx2, Garland w/Barrage (also +% against humans), and ExDeath. Who needs a healer for now.. Maybe bring an OP friend unit if allowed.

Besides, Vaan with Provoke makes a pretty decent tank substitute for now.

Grinding Lumber SUCKS... ES exploration is pretty mindless though. Will be glad when its over so I can go back to TMR farming - run a script, and I don't have to do much of anything except monitor it from time to time

The new material needs to come out if for no other reason than to alleviate boredom

scarlet

Done with lumber and fine blade. Just need to craft superior blade.

I take my words back, it's not that bad. Kinda tempted to do 2nd sword, but don't have the NRG.

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
Welcome to this little happy community. Stay away from chilly.

You got a very good unit. basically in this banner (players choice) is everything you need to get a competitive team. The 5 units of the banner are a must have. So try to keep pulling.

Thanks for the welcome Valentus. Yeah, I plan to keep pulling until I get a decent line up. Do these player's choice summons happen multiple times a year?

Rixa

Thanks for the welcome Valentus. Yeah, I plan to keep pulling until I get a decent line up. Do these player's choice summons happen multiple times a year?

FFBE global beta started mid May, roughly 4 months ago, global release was ~2 months ago. This is first time we have players choice banner. so we dont know how often these will happen, my guess is 1-2 times per year, or this can be only time.

Keep pulling and after event banner has gone, use Lapis you get to to Material slots (so that you have 70-80 slots, you start with 50). Maybe buy some friend & unit slots too.

Welcome to community, where we dont know if devs plan to keep this game alive over 12 months.

Malakhov

Banned
Here's a tip I just found out on reddit, there's a silver chest in maranda's coast with a mag +10% recipe in it. Takes 5 minutes to create and requires common items such as ice crysts, farplane souls and one alcryst. Made a bunch of them for my mages until I finish my mag +30% tm.

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
FFBE global beta started mid May, roughly 4 months ago, global release was ~2 months ago. This is first time we have players choice banner. so we dont know how often these will happen, my guess is 1-2 times per year, or this can be only time.

Keep pulling and after event banner has gone, use Lapis you get to to Material slots (so that you have 70-80 slots, you start with 50). Maybe buy some friend & unit slots too.

Welcome to community, where we dont know if devs plan to keep this game alive over 12 months.

Thanks for all the tips. Hopefully this game is around longer than 12 months. I tried that other FF record keeper game on mobile and felt like it was missing something. So far I like what I see with this game. Oh and the soundtrack is stellar.

Rixa

Yes! \o/ \o/ \o/

I pulled yet another Fran. My Fran is now at 55% TM.
The heck, my next most common units are Edgar & Bedile at 35% (Shadow is "only" 20%).

Iam the Fran magnet.

tuffymon

Congrats, you three!

I got my second Lenna, so :/.

I'm not going to do anymore pulls, going to save for a better chance at a tank.

Sorry to hear that, I made my own tank... well >.>;; one that does well enough for now. Firion with Golem, muscle bracer, and 2 10% hp trusts... bless his heart he tries

CCIE

Banned
Chrono,

We must be psychically linked... I also pulled second Lenna - good for TMR. And I also am done pulling this banner - need a tank

Wierd, huh?

chrono01

Sorry to hear that, I made my own tank... well >.>;; one that does well enough for now. Firion with Golem, muscle bracer, and 2 10% hp trusts... bless his heart he tries
No worries man, glad to see you got your CoD. Excellent unit!

Are we sure Cyan isn't a part of the banner? 3 times on daily pull in a row now ...
:(

Chrono,

We must be psychically linked... I also pulled second Lenna - good for TMR. And I also am done pulling this banner - need a tank

Wierd, huh?
This is so weird it's scary.

Maybe we'll break our shared curse at the same time (hopefully soon)? Let us hope!

CCIE

Banned
Well, I have three Kefkas, three CoD, and two Lenna's. One Chorizo. WoL is a pipe dream, so no more reason to pull. Excited about second Lenna to speed up TMR grind, greatly I might add. My second Kain has made all the difference in Batch #1. Gugnir will be mine soon, and then Lenna's will replace the Kains

Rixa

When I needed 5 wood and counted "Maybe I get them in 2 runs at ES Explo".
Well yeah what a surprise it took 3 runs 3/1/4. Anyways my 3rd Superior Blade is now being craft. In 6h Shining Splendor goes to oven.

Kouriozan

Wow, that was fast. Grats on the sweet sword.

Gratz.

I've been busy, and also a bit lazy. So I kind of got enough cavern ore for one sword and then just left it. I'll get lumber and copper at some point.

Insane, that was some fast work. Congrats!

I'm working on the ore for my third, and then it's time to grind some lumber.

It varies. The most I've received is something like 16, but once I received 6 (similar to you). I hope your luck turns around soon.

150k? Wow

And félicitations!
Thanks, I admit I bought a second forging slot for this.
2 days craft time though :x

Pulled a Maria from the daily

My luck hasnt been amazing

Gonna farm the heck out of the sword mats today. Probably still going for two depending on how well everything goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom