• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalasta

Ever since the half price daily started a month ago, I have had 3 weeks of repeats. My bad streak finally broke last week with 6 straight days of new stuff (Fencer, CoD, Exdeath, Lenna, Cerius, Rakshasa). Now I'm back to repeats again (Kefka, Miyuki, Anzelm). I wonder how long my dry spell will last this time.

On another note, completely miscalculated how much flour I need to finish the event by 2 whole days. Ran out last night, would've still needed 3600 (I was only crafting with 2 slots).

Rixa

Yeah, although today was my last ticket (there will be one more with the tomorrow's daily login reward).

So, in the future, that's not happening anymore unless another wave or two of tickets are given out. New Mog King event when?
Yup, I got 6 tix for future and some Lapis (+3k). Not sure when I use those tickets, I migh do some impulse pulling when something nice hits. Obviously not getting them :p

BGN Land of Plenty is still the best for lumber?
I did mine in ES Explo, its so easy & fast, can be done with watching telly.

Valus

Finally completed the gold crafting trophies! That grind sucked bad. One day I'll catch up to Lyrian's trophy count.

Sitting on 17k lapis and 40 tickets now.

CCIE

Banned
Damn Valus, that is incredible. 40 tickets and 17000 lapis. I might have been there if I hadn't blown it chasing WoL the first time. Will not repeat that mistake again. You should just do nothing but daily pulls on banners you like. Spend a few tickets every now and then.

You have a stacked team if I recall

Ristlager

How do you guys get so much lapis? I have played this game everyday for 2 months now, and after the early days I have not had over 1000 lapis, it seems like you are drawing 11 all the time. I am just scraping by with the half price draws now. Are you paying real cash or are there some tricks I don't know?

How do you guys get so much lapis? I have played this game everyday for 2 months now, and after the early days I have not had over 1000 lapis, it seems like you are drawing 11 all the time. I am just scraping by with the half price draws now. Are you paying real cash or are there some tricks I don't know?

I actually did just pay for 1000 lapis. It's my first time paying for lapis. All I did was just progress through content, leveling up, and do trophies for lapis. I usually only use lapis in short burst if I need a certain unit and know when to stop so that I have lapis left over.

Azuran

Banned

It's easy to save up on lapis if you don't pull often. You get 1500 a month by doing all the daily quests plus there's free lapis for log in, completing trophies or finishing story or events that come more often than not. Plus there's also the fact they have been giving out 100 lapis every day for the past month or so so everyone is kinda swimming in free lapis atm.

Oh yeah, and real money too of course.

Valus

Thanks CCIE. My team isn't as stacked as a lot of players here. I don't have WoL, Cecil, Chiz, Exdeath, Kefka, Tellah, and other powerhouses. But I've cleared everything so far with relative ease so I'm sitting on a good spot for now.

I'm a F2P player, I just don't pull that often. I will pull more when units I want come out or if I fall too far behind the power creep.

Valonquar

Forgot to swap out my team and went into PRO with my TM group ... Zidane, Chiz, Garland, Cecil, Hayate, and Chiz friend. Managed to clear but it was not pretty on the last fight.

Zidane is up to 92.2% on TM...sooooooon. I almost want them to release a shit event next so I can go back to grinding TM for a week or so.

Still no Miyuki, but I have all the Krile, Sabin, and Vivi units I've never wanted.

Celegus

TM team finally passed the 50% mark, this sure does take a long time! Got a CoD on the half price summon today, though I already had one of her. Not sure how feasible equipping a second one will be. Still looking for WoL Kefka or Chiz.

tariniel

Finally got my 160 Cavern ore. Pretty sure that's where I'm stopping as I don't think I have the patience to ever farm all the ore/lumber to make 3 swords.

So I guess it's time to explore earth shrine for a while? Maybe I should put together a TM for it? I have no idea which TMs to prioritize though.

My first TM team:
Shantotto (MAG 30%)
Cecil (Excalibur)
Locke (Rising Sun)
Miyuki (Sakurafubuki)
Luna (Barrage)

But I also have a lot of others with decent TMs: Celes, Kefka, Lenna, Kain, Terra, Leo. Would you prioritize differently? I have Miyuki and Locke in my TM team but I don't have Chiz or CoD to really make use of those weapons. Not sure if they're worth doing anyway.

chrono01

update:
4 1/2 price pulls + 8 tickets more brought me:
My first Rainbow! It was a Blue crystal first -> then gold :O -> Then Rainbow :D! -> Freya!? D:
Anzelm
Shadow
Xiao
2 Fran
2 Krile
Luna
3 Lanis

=(

Seeing that I still need any of the featured units I decided to do a 11 pull, this is what i got.

UYJRtMt.png

:D!!!!!!!
Holy hell, that's an amazing pull. Nice to see it all worked out for you in the end. Congrats!

Damn, 3 CoD, 2 Kefka, and a WoL. But the real catch is Garnet. She's the hardest to pull in Global.
Is she? Man, makes me glad I pulled her last banner (rainbow crystal). I don't have a use for her though (Lenna), but maybe she'll get a nice 6* awakening eventually.

What is the trick to the bosses on the PRO dungeon? Should I even bother if I don't have max level characters? Is there a bunch of quick upgrades I should be able to get? I am caught up on story content.

chrono01

I honestly believe Lightning is the next banner. People will have burned through their Lapis reserves, thanks to the Facebook banner. It's time.

BTW, I was thinking this morning as to who'll be the first 5* base healer. It has to be Aerith.

I honestly believe Lightning is the next banner. People will have burned through their Lapis reserves, thanks to the Facebook banner. It's time.

BTW, I was thinking this morning as to who'll be the first 5* base healer. It has to be Aerith.

Refia is already a 5* Base healer isn't she? >.>

And FUCK lightining!

chrono01

Refia is already a 5* Base healer isn't she? >.>

And FUCK lightining!
Oh, is she? I always thought she was a 4* base. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong!

You hate Lightning so much, I know you're going to get her on a random 1/2 Lapis daily pull, just 'cause. It's going to irritate me, since I genuinely want her. :(

Oh, is she? I always thought she was a 4* base. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong!

You hate Lightning so much, I know you're going to get her on a random 1/2 Lapis daily pull, just 'cause. It's going to irritate me, since I genuinely want her. :(

I'll send you my luck!!

And is she 4* base!? my god you're right! Gotta be Yuma before Arieth though.

Edit: GOD DAMNIT VALUS

chrono01

Refia is 4* base. That said, I would be surprised if Aerith is out before Yuna, who should be a 5* base healer.
I'm honestly surprised Wakka and Rikku are releasing before Yuna. They said they're working on FF7 and FF8 right now, but you're right. Yuna will probably be the first 5* base healer.

I'll send you my luck!!

And is she 4* base!? my god you're right! Gotta be Yuma before Arieth though.

Edit: GOD DAMNIT VALUS
Thanks for the luck, I'll need it. We'll ALL need it, the Lightning banner is going to destroy the emotional state of many.

Honestly, I'm planning on doing a ten-pull on her banner (never did one yet), but nothing beyond that. I don't expect to get her, but I feel like I should at least try. If we don't get the Lightning-only banner, we'll get the one with the other FFXIII characters, right? Might be nice, I could get a tank with Snow. I know he's not the best, but he's a tank regardless.

Bork

Neo Member
Theres a lot of excitement around Lightning; and she seems to rank high everywhere I have looked.

Now I can't read Japanese, so don't really know the ins and outs of their rankings, but what makes Lightning really that much better than all other units? Is it because she has innate dual wield that bumps her up? Or is it base 5* which just means higher overall stats? Do they rank by potential (i.e. what you could achieve with TMs) or just by base stats?

I guess my question is; can we achieve a Lightning-esque unit from a plebby base 3/4* unit + some sweet TMs (Dual Wield etc.) and not have to all fall like lemmings off the lapis + tickets cliff that will be the Lighning banner!?

Finally; anybody got any English links to sweet Lightning builds so I can see what all the fuss is about?

CCIE

Banned
Well, the sword is baking for the next two days... debating running the pro dungeon for more ore. I may eventually get Zidane, and two swords would be handy. However, I would think they will be pretty common down the line before I even get a Zidane pull at this point.

Thoughts?

Valus

Theres a lot of excitement around Lightning; and she seems to rank high everywhere I have looked.

Now I can't read Japanese, so don't really know the ins and outs of their rankings, but what makes Lightning really that much better than all other units? Is it because she has innate dual wield that bumps her up? Or is it base 5* which just means higher overall stats? Do they rank by potential (i.e. what you could achieve with TMs) or just by base stats?

I guess my question is; can we achieve a Lightning-esque unit from a plebby base 3/4* unit + some sweet TMs (Dual Wield etc.) and not have to all fall like lemmings off the lapis + tickets cliff that will be the Lighning banner!?

Finally; anybody got any English links to sweet Lightning builds so I can see what all the fuss is about?

I don't remember everything about her but outside of innate DW she also gets like single target and AoE attacks for each major element that are not hybrid damage, and since she can DW all her skills activate twice per round. So she hits like a truck and can exploit most common elemental weaknesses.

No other physical DPS will be able to mimic her when she releases, even decked out with TMs.

Folstern

Ah okay. I'm glad you checked. The last thing you want to find out after chopping the entire rain forest down is to have the wrong amount of the event material
That would be terrible. A phone throwing moment.

Releases with Lightning.

Good news is, Lightning comes with 2 base3*, each very solid.
If Gumi actually goes with that banner (unlikely given their unadulterated greed) then I would be very pleased.

Kouriozan

My current TM party :

4fJVFbFl.jpg

Finally started to do some progress without event that need a 24/7 grind x)
I wish I had a Cecil or a second Zidane though.

Syntsui

I literally just started so let me ask the most important question, should I invest in this featured pull event that will expire in 3 days or should I neglect it and wait for better ones/invest only in rare summon?

Is anyone else thinking about two swords? I don't have Zidane, and am considering it

Two swords in general or two of the Splendor Swords or whatever? I'm sticking these on each of my tanks for the defense boost and potential blind. I think there are far better swords to dual wield however lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom