• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Lyrian - your request didn't come through... what is your ID?
Never Mind - it just did. You and SpyGAF. I'm having a hard time adding new GAFers because everyone on my FL with a few minor exceptions has been great about daily gifting. Hard to drop them.

Just buy more slots!

I'm maxed

I'm constantly maxed on friends as well, and only quite rarely get the ability to open a few slots.

I know... everyone with a tank on my FL has WoL. It's like a little dagger to the heart every time I open up my FL.

I only just changed off my Artemios literally maybe 2 days ago because all of Reddit said that no one wanted friend leaders that weren't either full break units or Kefka/Exdeath.

Bah, screw Reddit. I put Artemios back up to stand out in the sea of Chizurus, WoL, Kefka, and Exdeath.

tuffymon

Sitting at 361 Cavern Ores. Probably do the last three - four runs tomorrow morning to get me to 400. Then I'm done. Probably never used them all but just in case I want to, I do have them.

I'm impressed with the dedication to farm the ores, but at least down the road you'll have the the option to complete them or not.

Malakhov

Banned
I'm constantly maxed on friends as well, and only quite rarely get the ability to open a few slots.

I only just changed off my Artemios literally maybe 2 days ago because all of Reddit said that no one wanted friend leaders that weren't either full break units or Kefka/Exdeath.

Bah, screw Reddit. I put Artemios back up to stand out in the sea of Chizurus, WoL, Kefka, and Exdeath.

Screw them indeed, I use your Artemios often for farming, I like his quick attacks. No freaking long animation.

CCIE

Banned
I would take one of Cecil or WoL - I'm not picky ;) In fact I recently picked up a bunch of LB pots that would work great with Cecil.

Malakhov

Banned
I would take one of Cecil or WoL - I'm not picky ;) In fact I recently picked up a bunch of LB pots that would work great with Cecil.

Leo is not bad at all if you have Vaan already. I actually prefer Leo to my WoL unless I need a full break. Leo has great ATK and DEF, WoL's ATK is horrible.

Lyrian

Screw them indeed, I use your Artemios often for farming, I like his quick attacks. No freaking long animation.

His trial bow needs to be announced already, so his ATK doesn't look so pathetically low compared to everyone else.... like in 3 hours or so with a news release on the next banner. We are long due already for the next trial to show up.

Malakhov

Banned
His trial bow needs to be announced already, so his ATK doesn't look so pathetically low compared to everyone else.... like in 3 hours or so with a news release on the next banner. We are long due already for the next trial to show up.
Let's hope so. Anything but a farming event please!

Folstern

Screenshot_20160920-221326_zpsv7wfpc60.png

Barrage get!

I now have my 299 ATK Vaan with Full Break and Barrage as my leader. And Steal I suppose. Multi-purpose. i hope that I can get Dual-Wield done in the next couple of weeks if the farming events aren't too bad.

tuffymon

I would take Leo or Amarant as well... like I said, not really picky

I don't get the want for either of these two... I thought it was Cecil/WoL or bust? >.>;

amarant reminds me too much of a ffxi monk... high hp, but the defense of a wet noodle.

CCIE

Banned
Tuffy - I think you are relatively new to the thread, so I will give you some history. I had the same attitude - WoL or Cecil no matter what. When the first WoL banner came around, I spent close to 30K lapis ( spent around $100, plus everything I had saved ), and two dozen tickets or so as well trying to pull him

Didn't happen. I have since worked back from NOTHING to the state my account is in today, and am more or less now an F2P player. I still haven't drawn a tank, which is funny because I have almost every attacking unit in the game, some in duplicate. But Zidane, Locke, a few others, and ANY tank have eluded me so far.

So no, not really too picky. Would prefer Cecil or WoL, of course.

tuffymon

I can understand that view, and sorry for that unfortunate luck on those draws. Hopefully, you'll have better luck on a different banner. However, from my POV I have both of them (x2), and yet I'd STILL rather my Firion with provoke, 2x 10% hp trust and muscle belt over either...

(to be a little fair, I've had a huge influx of good stuff in the last 2(ish) weeks, I can only level so much at a time).

I kinda feel bad if I listed what I had T.T (f2p as well)

CCIE

Banned
Don't feel bad... it's kind of a running joke around here that I cannot pull a tank. I've modified my Vaan into a pseudo-tank in the meantime. Also, I love Firion. I'm waiting for the bow that Artemios is supposed to use, and I intend to equip it on him.

Also, Firion will be an absolute monster at 6* with attacking passives to virtually everything in the game. He, Garland, and my multiple CoD's are all sitting on the sidelines waiting for 6* status.

tuffymon

I wish everyone had at least an angle they can work from to be successful. I've had gacha games where I had/have the absolute most terrible luck ever... FFBE has been pretty kind at this point for me. I've yet to pull a rainbow... weird how luck works like that...

Rixa

BTW congrats to BonGAF. I just used your dual-wield Chiz, too bad she has such a limited weapon selection. I know you can use a magic key to get a Osafune katana which will give you a little extra ATK.

Just slap few Excaliburs and sword problem is fixed. Screw the Katana mastery, you dont need it ;)

Screenshot_20160822-104112.png

Sadly its not my Chorizo
I beat the game!
The Mog King has surrendered. After billions of mogcakes, he can finally eat no more!
Grats :p I got also what I want, not all but that wasnt the plan.
Nice, thanks guys. I will play the game now and study it a bit, it sure looks like the the best of the FF mobile games out there.

BTW my ID is: 986.570.045.

I still don't really know if there is any kind of benefit like using your units, but I hope some of you could add me. I'll catch up soon, these games really get me invested.
Yes. I tossed friend request to you. Just Firaga your way to Victory :p (See below)
Too many gaffers on my list that are inactive!
Are we friends (see below)?
Rixa - your ExDeath is what mine aspires to be
Thanks :). Waiting the 6* day and the event to get the materials, kinda want to see what DC + Meteor does instead one Firaga :p

D:
I knew that feel too. Watching all those WOLs and Cecils was just to heartbreaking
Are we friends (see above)?
Just remove all of those jerks who have tanks. That'll show them!
...Wait, that would just leave me and you. ;_;
Erm... (See above)
BAH WoL peasants!!
Cecil is what you should be envying!!
Cecil is my Day 1 homeboy! :D
Cecil is love Cecil is life #Cecilfanclub2life
I got 2 Cecils 4*&5*
Whaaaaaaaaaat?

I was maxed out with Rydia before. Or so I thought?
More so than ever, I really want a Garnet now.
Did you summon Esper (and what Esper you use)? Great damage anyways. What benefits will Garnet + Rydia combo give? I have maxed Rydia (waiting for the 5*) but no Garnet.

Sorry to hear that, I knew their times were coming up soon, luckily I used 18/19 of them on the cactaur dunes this past weekend.

I started using them now but will be keeping an eye on it for now. I really wish they would let you keep the bottles instead of being used automatically.
And Rixa, we are friends. Your Exdeath and Kefka have been really helpful

Rixa

I hope Firion gets another attack besides bladeblitz, I ain't got time for no TMs.

I have 3 Lunas, someday I might make Barrage for Firion (cause he already has Excalibur)

I started using them now but will be keeping an eye on it for now. I really wish they would let you keep the bottles instead of being used automatically.
And Rixa, we are friends. Your Exdeath and Kefka have been really helpful

Good. Going to keep Exdeath there rather than Kefka. No big differences in damage but Exdeath has better variety of spells + inbuild osmose.

Also I started new round of manual TM grind. Doing when I feel good, so definitely not getting them in 40 days :D.
At the moment party is (TM%):

- Kefka 6.5%
- Terra 0.3%
- Vaan 26.8%
- Lenna 2.5%
- Chizuru 10.1%

Only time will show how long it takes and do I swap party members. I guess that party is ok for doing new Island and harder content so no need for swapping party. Only unit that is not max leveled is Terra but she is also 5*.

robotuw

Just thought of something. Can you use DW to equip two shields? I imagine two aegis shields on a Cecil would basically make him invincible.

Bork

Neo Member
To celebrate completing the grind and getting my Shining Splendor in the oven I splurged out and doubled my friend list size! guessing those friend cheevos need a bit of a helping hand..

ID is 310,752,313 and usually have 474 ATK Chiz on share :D

All GAFfers welcome to watch her barrage stuff down and get daily gifts on me

chrono01

Erm... (See above)
Indeed, we're friends alright. I love your Shantotto TMR-farmed casters, they're quite potent! d(^_^)v

I just cleaned my friends list, add me 525.208.754.

I usually rotate my 316 ATK Chiz, 327 MAG Kefka, and 5.5k HP WoL, TM rewards still elude me.

BTW congrats to BonGAF. I just used your dual-wield Chiz, too bad she has such a limited weapon selection. I know you can use a magic key to get a Osafune katana which will give you a little extra ATK.

Nice, thanks guys. I will play the game now and study it a bit, it sure looks like the the best of the FF mobile games out there.

BTW my ID is: 986.570.045.

I still don't really know if there is any kind of benefit like using your units, but I hope some of you could add me. I'll catch up soon, these games really get me invested.

To celebrate completing the grind and getting my Shining Splendor in the oven I splurged out and doubled my friend list size! guessing those friend cheevos need a bit of a helping hand..

ID is 310,752,313 and usually have 474 ATK Chiz on share :D

All GAFfers welcome to watch her barrage stuff down and get daily gifts on me
Also, requests sent to you three!

Malakhov

Banned
How long does it take you on average to get a full tm? Feels like an eternity, my first squad are all at about 25% and I did it for maybe 8 to 10 hours daily the last two weeks.

chrono01

How long does it take you on average to get a full tm? Feels like an eternity, my first squad are all at about 25% and I did it for maybe 8 to 10 hours daily the last two weeks.
We need a more consistent way of leveling TM and LB. I know that it shouldn't be something that you can get in a week (it should be a long-time goal you set for yourself), but as it is in-game, it's a massive grind. Even if they were to release dungeons, which cost something like 50 NRG to run for a guaranteed 1% increase on the TM, would be appreciated. At least I wouldn't need to sit there for hours, grinding out Earth Shrine in the hopes that I might get an increase.

I know, later on, we'll get more Trust Moogles and all that, but that's still a ways off and they're still relatively rare (from what I've seen). I just feel at such a disadvantage of not being able to run the game through Nox on my PC. Everyone getting their TM's and all that, while I'm here, chipping away at that wall with a wooden spoon. :(

Malakhov

Banned
We need a more consistent way of leveling TM and LB. I know that it shouldn't be something that you can get in a week (it should be a long-time goal you set for yourself), but as it is in-game, it's a massive grind. Even if they were to release dungeons, which cost something like 50 NRG to run for a guaranteed 1% increase on the TM, would be appreciated. At least I wouldn't need to sit there for hours, grinding out Earth Shrine in the hopes that I might get an increase.

I know, later on, we'll get more Trust Moogles and all that, but that's still a ways off and they're still relatively rare (from what I've seen). I just feel at such a disadvantage of not being able to run the game through Nox on my PC. Everyone getting their TM's and all that, while I'm here, chipping away at that wall with a wooden spoon. :(

If I couldnt use nox then I wouldnt do it. The system in place to level up the TMs and LBs are ridiculous. I know it shouldnt be easy to do it, but come on, that's just insane right now.

Rixa

Last time I did it manually and doing it again, tho not so intensively. I got roughly 2.1 - 2.2% TM per day, didnt wake during sleep so lost around 30-40 nrg per night.

0% -> 100% 1st time: 40-45 days (depending unit).
0% -> 100% 2nd time: ? Much more time :p

. At least I wouldn't need to sit there for hours, grinding out Earth Shrine in the hopes that I might get an increase :(

Curious, what is your TM team?

chrono01

Curious, what is your TM team?
Fencer, Lenna, Kefka, Luna, and Chizuru.

I know I could toss one of them out, and stick another Lenna in there (or another Kefka), to speed those two up a bit, but I want to keep a second Kefka for a second Ribbon, and I don't know who I'd replace a second Lenna with. I really want Fencer's TM, the same goes for Luna (want to stick Barrage on Fencer ASAP).

The trust mastery system may as well not even exist for me. I dont earth shrine grind and I dont pull by the truck load to combine units. Units I've been using for months have at most 20%. Eventually when these units are replaced by other more powerful ones (I hopefully get in future pulls), I'll never use them enough to gain the TMs. Its feels like a waste. I hope enough trust moogles come around to at least get 4 or 5 TM rewards I really want.

Rixa

Fencer, Lenna, Kefka, Luna, and Chizuru.

I know I could toss one of them out, and stick another Lenna in there (or another Kefka), to speed those two up a bit, but I want to keep a second Kefka for a second Ribbon, and I don't know who I'd replace a second Lenna with. I really want Fencer's TM, the same goes for Luna (want to stick Barrage on Fencer ASAP).

Yeah. I think I swap Vaan to something else (maybe Luna). Looked stats of Maximillian and the DEF isnt so high. I rather grab that Barrage :p

chrono01

The trust mastery system may as well not even exist for me. I dont earth shrine grind and I dont pull by the truck load to combine units. Units I've been using for months have at most 20%. Eventually when these units are replaced by other more powerful ones (I hopefully get in future pulls), I'll never use them enough to gain the TMs. Its feels like a waste. I hope enough trust moogles come around to at least get 4 or 5 TM rewards I really want.
It's an insane grind, that's for sure. :(

Yeah. I think I swap Vaan to something else (maybe Luna). Looked stats of Maximillian and the DEF isnt so high. I rather grab that Barrage :p
Yeah, Barrage looks to be valuable in so many situations.

I'm still upset that I fused a second Luna early on, to level her TM by 5%. I was young and naïve, I knew not what I did. :/

tuffymon

Better than me, I had like 5 Luna's in the first few days... and sold them before I realized what barrage did... I haven't gotten another Luna since.

Rixa

It's an insane grind, that's for sure. :(
Yeah, Barrage looks to be valuable in so many situations.

I'm still upset that I fused a second Luna early on, to level her TM by 5%. I was young and naïve, I knew not what I did. :/

Better than me, I had like 5 Luna's in the first few days... and sold them before I realized what barrage did... I haven't gotten another Luna since.
Ouch.

I got my first Luna after 2 months of playing. Now I have 3, but not sure if I will combine them later or not. I got so used to grind from 0% -> 100%, so using more slots to one TM sounds akward :D.

tuffymon

Ya, I recall I thought all friend point summons were useless >.>; My surprise when I realized she wasnt... (I thought she was a friend point summon, not a ticket/lapis)

With units I have multiple of, I don't know if I can bring myself to smash most units to make them faster... Like my two Locke's... I want both weapons >.>; but my 5 Shantotto's I'd be more willing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom