• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Two Splendors - no tank for me as you well know, but if I do pull Zidane, don't really have two swords to dual wield. Though if I were in charge of the game DW would be limited to small swords and daggers for a touch of realism and balancing

Syntsui

If you just started the current banner is fantastic - some of the best units in global

I see that I receive Lapis every time I login and complete some quests, considering I have until September 23 to get the pulls, how much Lapis can I realistic get without paying money?

Still no response from gumi on my missing lapis.

Really making me not even want to play let alone spend money on it (which I'm thinking not about ever again)

CCIE

Banned
Syntsul - you get lapis pretty quickly as you progress the game. Especially at the start. You should take advantage of the once a day 1/2 price pull (250) every day until the banner ends. Then it just comes down to preference.

Welcome to the game, and the group. It can be fun, it can be annoying, but the people here are always great

Azuran

Banned
I literally just started so let me ask the most important question, should I invest in this featured pull event that will expire in 3 days or should I neglect it and wait for better ones/invest only in rare summon?

You should be daily pulling on this every day at the very least. All of the units in this banner will carry you through the game and beyond and they're all future proof which means they'll be useful for a long time.

I just cleaned my friends list, add me 525.208.754.

I usually rotate my 316 ATK Chiz, 327 MAG Kefka, and 5.5k HP WoL, TM rewards still elude me.

BTW congrats to BonGAF. I just used your dual-wield Chiz, too bad she has such a limited weapon selection. I know you can use a magic key to get a Osafune katana which will give you a little extra ATK.

Syntsui

Nice, thanks guys. I will play the game now and study it a bit, it sure looks like the the best of the FF mobile games out there.

BTW my ID is: 986.570.045.

I still don't really know if there is any kind of benefit like using your units, but I hope some of you could add me. I'll catch up soon, these games really get me invested.

Do regular crysts ever receive a purpose? Or can you ever trade in a certain amount for a mega of its type?

Trying to clear my materials list but dont know what to sell off.

Ourobolus

Banned
Do regular crysts ever receive a purpose? Or can you ever trade in a certain amount for a mega of its type?

Trying to clear my materials list but dont know what to sell off.

Nah, you can't trade them. Still useful for some crafting, but not terribly. I just keep a stack of 99 and sell the rest.

CCIE

Banned
I think I'm just going to farm the ore for a second sword after thinking about it. Not too terribly difficult with a stacked team, and I'm near a level up anyway so I could be almost done with it in just a few hours. I am COMPLETELY out of wood though from the first sword. Have copper in spades ...

The lumber grind wasn't too bad to be honest. ES Exploration was pretty mindless. However, I won't be doing that endlessly either. The only thing that stops me is knowing the next event will be along soon, and these swords will be replaced with bigger and better things - nature of the game.

Is anyone else thinking about two swords? I don't have Zidane, and am considering it

I'm going to get the Cavern ore for a second one but I won't go out of my way to make it...better stuff will be here sooner than later I would imagine and it isn't like we need top end gear at the moment.

Valentus

if the new banner tomorrow is indeed the brave frontier batch.... Everyone try to get a Tilith with all your might or wallet.

all the BF units are trash right now, but Tilith 6star just makes all the trials trivial. Her elemental resistance buff is just another level of mitigation in this game.

So, get a fucking tilith.

Iceman829

Is anyone else thinking about two swords? I don't have Zidane, and am considering it

I have enough ore for 3 swords. After the initial shock of the battle I found it easy enough to get through with some friend units. I got all the ore I needed in 2 days so if I ever need it I have it. I currently can't craft any swords because the genius I am decided to toss a few Hero Rings into the oven since I just recently unlocked the recipe during the mogcake event.

First sword - WoL
(I'm sorry)
Second Sword - Leo I guess is the best bet
Third sword - If I get any useful sword wielders and it's still a useful sword at that time.

I still also have the Enhancer put on a Golbez as well

I have a bunch of units that need to be leveled and upgraded so I'm not in much of a rush.

I usually rotate my 316 ATK Chiz, 327 MAG Kefka, and 5.5k HP WoL, TM rewards still elude me.

BTW congrats to BonGAF. I just used your dual-wield Chiz, too bad she has such a limited weapon selection. I know you can use a magic key to get a Osafune katana which will give you a little extra ATK.

Nice, thanks guys. I will play the game now and study it a bit, it sure looks like the the best of the FF mobile games out there.

I still don't really know if there is any kind of benefit like using your units, but I hope some of you could add me. I'll catch up soon, these games really get me invested.
Sent a request to both of you. I'm go by SpyGAF on FFBE

CCIE

Banned
Thinking about running the Pro with my meat shield Vaan, Lenna, ExDeath, Kefka, Tellah, and a friend mage as well. Should simply decimate it. Four Blizzaga make short work of everything...

if the new banner tomorrow is indeed the brave frontier batch.... Everyone try to get a Tilith with all your might or wallet.

all the BF units are trash right now, but Tilith 6star just makes all the trials trivial. Her elemental resistance buff is just another level of mitigation in this game.

Goodluck getting her without spending a shit ton.

NomarTyme

Also the TM for Karl is pretty damn good.

Lyrian

I think I'm just going to farm the ore for a second sword after thinking about it. Not too terribly difficult with a stacked team, and I'm near a level up anyway so I could be almost done with it in just a few hours. I am COMPLETELY out of wood though from the first sword. Have copper in spades ...

The lumber grind wasn't too bad to be honest. ES Exploration was pretty mindless. However, I won't be doing that endlessly either. The only thing that stops me is knowing the next event will be along soon, and these swords will be replaced with bigger and better things - nature of the game.

I'm going for a second sword on a casual basis. At the very least, for daily lapis, you have to run 2 explorations. If I run ES exploration for that, then eventually I'll casually just trip over the needed lumber and copper for another sword.

Lyrian

Thinking about running the Pro with my meat shield Vaan, Lenna, ExDeath, Kefka, Tellah, and a friend mage as well. Should simply decimate it. Four Blizzaga make short work of everything...

I ran Blizzara x2 chaining into Blizzaga x2 and nuked things.

Blizzaga x 4 should just destroy the dungeon completely.

I'm going for a second sword on a casual basis. At the very least, for daily lapis, you have to run 2 explorations. If I run ES exploration for that, then eventually I'll casually just trip over the needed lumber and copper for another sword.

These count as vortex not explores.

Lyrian

Welcome aboard! Cleaned out some space and send invites to both of you.

Lyrian

I beat the game!

The Mog King has surrendered. After billions of mogcakes, he can finally eat no more!

ZUCIwdG.png

CCIE

Banned
So with four mages the stupid amoeba is a little hairy. Not too bad.. Have run it three times with this setup and never lost anyone, but it was a little close once or twice. Hill gigas, and Ogre are simply a joke though.

Rixa - your ExDeath is what mine aspires to be

Lyrian - I am STILL baking...

Lyrian

So with four mages the stupid amoeba is a little hairy. Not too bad.. Have run it three times with this setup and never lost anyone, but it was a little close once or twice. Hill gigas, and Ogre are simply a joke though.

Rixa - your ExDeath is what mine aspires to be

Lyrian - I am STILL baking...

I just put my last batch of mogcakes in the oven just now. I guess I can sell them for gil?

Maybe I don't understand what you mean by ES. Do you not mean the difficulty?

ES = Earth Shrine. The most energy effective away to complete the 2 explorations needed for the daily lapis reward is via running the Earth Shrine, which is the cheapest exploration there is.

CCIE

Banned
Chilly - the ONLY reason that Grandeur and a few others are still on my FL is because their units are awesome. Still 29 days without logging on, but a Gungnir wielding Vaan with Barrage is worth holding on to...
I am SO ready for a Cecil to fall into my lap. All those LB pots because I have nothing else left to buy of value...

I'm back after a few days ban with a Gungnir and 95% TM avg on my peeps.

I'll try and post my shit when it gets all the way there, then it's lumberjacking for me

Lyrian

Welcome back to the Asylum, Crimson!

Grab your Cavern Ores from Land of Plenty PRO, if you haven't done so already. Lumberjacking isn't too bad, as Earth Shrine runs go by really quickly.

bonkeng

Is she? Man, makes me glad I pulled her last banner (rainbow crystal). I don't have a use for her though (Lenna), but maybe she'll get a nice 6* awakening eventually.

I think Garnet has a decent chance of getting a 6*, since she's a 4* base.

I thought Garland was the hardest to pull in global?

Any guesses to the new banner?!

Garland is hardest to pull out of all yhe 3*. But Garnet is harder, being a 4*. And during her banner, her rate was even lower than it actually is because of the diluted pool, and Lani having 90% draw rate.

Next banner should be announced later, hopefully.

Thanks. Was thinking of getting the Osafune, but my Miyuki is already at 85% TM, it should be done before September ends.

CCIE

Banned
Anyone who still isn't on my FL, Meat Shield Vaan is at your service - will have Gungnir in just a few days, but all the HP of a tank. In a couple weeks will move back to Chizuru as Blade Mastery and DH become mine. Though I am interested to see what the stats will be on Garland with Enhancer and DH stacked. Needs a six star form so I can put Barrage on him, and I will probably make him my main share at that time

730 560 162

Lyrian

Anyone who still isn't on my FL, Meat Shield Vaan is at your service - will have Gungnir in just a few days, but all the HP of a tank. In a couple weeks will move back to Chizuru as Blade Mastery and DH become mine. Though I am interested to see what the stats will be on Garland with Enhancer and DH stacked. Needs a six star form so I can put Barrage on him, and I will probably make him my main share at that time

730 560 162

Umm.... apparently, somehow you were not on my friends list?

Sent an invite your way.

Lyrian

Last lumber acquired for the first sword. Now, just the waiting game for the Superior Blades and Splendor Sword to go.

A funny thing happened while running ES. Messing around with one of my TM teams, collecting lumber, and saw this:

zMyEYKp.png

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

I was maxed out with Rydia before. Or so I thought?

Hrmmm.... Is there a hidden damage potency buff built in to Rydia's Haste limit break that is **not** listed on the wiki? I hit LB level 11 with her last night. Her new damage cap is around 60k-ish more damage than her previous max.

Most intriguing! If that is true, than perhaps she can hit the mythical million damage mark **before** reaching her 5* form. Wouldn't that be hilarious?

More so than ever, I really want a Garnet now.

CCIE

Banned
Lyrian - your request didn't come through... what is your ID?
Never Mind - it just did. You and SpyGAF. I'm having a hard time adding new GAFers because everyone on my FL with a few minor exceptions has been great about daily gifting. Hard to drop them.

chrono01

Lyrian - your request didn't come through... what is your ID?
Never Mind - it just did. You and SpyGAF. I'm having a hard time adding new GAFers because everyone on my FL with a few minor exceptions has been great about daily gifting. Hard to drop them.
Just remove all of those jerks who have tanks. That'll show them!

...Wait, that would just leave me and you. ;_;

CCIE

Banned
I know... everyone with a tank on my FL has WoL. It's like a little dagger to the heart every time I open up my FL.

Malakhov

Banned
What do you guys use for Exdeath's helm and armor? Can't find anything that fits him with +mag. At least I have the shield from last event...

c-murph

Sitting at 361 Cavern Ores. Probably do the last three - four runs tomorrow morning to get me to 400. Then I'm done. Probably never used them all but just in case I want to, I do have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom