• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

I'm 4% from Ultima myself!

Do we know where diablos stacks up compared to Shiva or Ramuh?

Just going for Ultima and not sure I use the unit that uses it. When I get Ultima, Exdeath might be 6* and well I rather keep 4x30% MAG than 3x30% MAG + Ultima. Oh well, I still do one ultima.

J0dy77

After pulling my sixth Kefka and nothing else from the banner with the daily, I rage pulled a couple more summon tickets and finally got Chizura. Finally! That was painful.

forgrim

I just started tm farming for the first tike using earth shrine manually and uh...most tedious thing in the world, im going to need to learn how to macro.

Whoever developed this system needs to get punched in the head. Falcon punched.

Just going for Ultima and not sure I use the unit that uses it. When I get Ultima, Exdeath might be 6* and well I rather keep 4x30% MAG than 3x30% MAG + Ultima. Oh well, I still do one ultima.

Its true there are other abilities or spells, like Starfall, that work a bit better, I'll likely be sticking Ultima on Ex-Death as opposed to Kefka.

Bork

Neo Member
Lightning is approaching! and I am ready!

I've got one summon ticket left after my last WoL splurge.. it's being caressed and cared for ready to work its magic!

You know I'd be super hyped for a Garnet; got one in my friends list that I've been dragging around explorations and I reckon she's a really smart unit. Most of all really enjoy summoning for once, and it happens a truckload with her in your team :) If she has an Esuna TM I reckon she'd be the perfect healer.

Valentus

Assuming only 5 star units

Exdeath with 4 MAG+30 : 363 MAG
Exdeath with 3 MAG+30 and Ultima: 330 MAG

Kefka with 3 MAG+30 and Ultima: 391 MAG
Kefka with 2 MAG+30 and Ultima (slot 4 empty for dualcast) : 357MAG

(data using the best MAG bonus equip available and Ramuh with all MAG bonuses)

Magic damage formula is:

(Unit MAG2 / Enemy SPR) * (1 - Elemental Resistance) * Skill Modifier * Level Correction

Skill Modifier: % of magic damage of skill
Level correction: 10 + (unit lvl/10) = 10 + (80/10) = 18
*Lets assume that enemy has 100 SPR
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So first Exdeath with 4 MAG+30 cast a meteor:

Meteor: 250% neutral magic damage, ignore 25% of SPR

Meteor Damage = 300.433

Now, Exdeath with 3 MAG+30 and Ultima

Ultima: 280% neutral magic damage, ignore 25% SPR

Ultima Damage = 278.087

Now, Kefka with 3 MAG+30 and Ultima:

Ultima Damage = 390.396

Now, Kefka with 2 MAG+30 and Ultima:

Ultima Damage = 325.453*2 (for DualCast) = 650.906

So yeah. A 5* Kefka with 2 MAG+30 and Dualcast is theorically more powefull than a Exdeath 5*, even with ultima equipped.

Edit: For your interest, a 6* Exdeath does 371.612 (743.224 with W-Magic) Meteor damage (4 MAG+30), and 327.995 (655.990 with W-Magic) Ultima Damage (3 MAG+30 and Ultima)

Edit2: For the Lolz, a Kefka with 3 MAG+30 and dual weild (rod of gravity and Ice rod (417 MAG (!!!!)) does 364.749 (729.498 for second time) of hyperdrive damage.

_woLf

I have over 100 summon tickets saved up for Lightning. If I don't pull her then I think I may just have to uninstall out of rage

Haha yes! Just a couple days after I said bring on Dirnado 2 and a new banner it cometh! finally a banner I feel compelled to pull from too :D I'm relieved we're getting the good Lightning banner too, didn't think we would and they'd pull crap where she's with a million other FFXIII characters. As I said before, any banner with just three units that has two you're interested in is worth the pulls. I went for WoL because I'd be quite pleased with Lenna and now I'll go for Lightning because Ludmith or whatever her name is has a TM that's an amazing consolation prize. All the better that it's her TM that's great because if you get a bunch of dupes chasing Lightning, that's a good thing!

I will throw everything I have collected up at this banner and regret nothing not only because there's a good consolation prize, but because outside of certain TMs, I'm only interested in beastly physical attackers since that's all my team is missing. So when I hit zero going for Lightning, I'll be able to build back up no problem as I won't be interested again until Orlandu or Tidus hit. I'm totally going to get Lightning though because I've never once received a rainbow crystal. Coincidence? I think not! ;p

Lyrian

Code:
【FFBE】FF BRAVE EXVIUS UPDATES! #1 【Global】
Around 10 minute video of updates in Global BE

tl;dr:
Lighting Batch, Chamber of Crystals and Enchanted Maze

Wow, that video was so FORCED. That was painful to watch, even by my low standards. Both people looked so unnaturally out of their respective elements in the video.

Was that filmed in someone's cubicle?

---------
Kind of surprised that there is no event announcement as of yet for this coming week. Surely, they are not going to give us a whole week with nothing but the handful of explorations and rainforest slaying to do?

c-murph

I have over 100 summon tickets saved up for Lightning. If I don't pull her then I think I may just have to uninstall out of rage

Youtube that shit. It'll be epic.

Also, just hit 402 Cavern Ore and 201 Mega Watercrysts. I think I'm done with this event.

Lyrian

Haha yes! Just a couple days after I said bring on Dirnado 2 and a new banner it cometh! finally a banner I feel compelled to pull from too :D I'm relieved we're getting the good Lightning banner too, didn't think we would and they'd pull crap where she's with a million other FFXIII characters. As I said before, any banner with just three units that has two you're interested in is worth the pulls. I went for WoL because I'd be quite pleased with Lenna and now I'll go for Lightning because Ludmith or whatever her name is has a TM that's an amazing consolation prize. All the better that it's her TM that's great because if you get a bunch of dupes chasing Lightning, that's a good thing!

If standard rates hold, than we are looking at 0.5 to 1% for Lightning, which makes the other two units 14 to 14.5% draws and **very** common on the banner.

Charlottes and Ludmiles are going to make Vivi and Lani look rare in comparison.

chrono01

So is there anything else to do in this game after the dwarf fortress? I just wanna finish the story.
You're in luck! New story content releases this weekend (along with Lightning), so you'll have new stuff to work through soon.

If standard rates hold, than we are looking at 0.5 to 1% for Lightning, which makes the other two units 14 to 14.5% draws and **very** common on the banner.

Charlottes and Ludmiles are going to make Vivi and Lani look rare in comparison.
I am okay with this.

Oh snap, are you going to do them all on the first day? I'd like to let you pull first before I start haha

The difference being that it will be money getting a lot of Ludmile. Get that double cast on my Kefka with the quickness! Also, for me, it's worth blowing it all chasing unicorns because there's only the few characters I have any interest in until FFVIII hits and they will all be unicorns ;p Nothing else to save up for!

chrono01

Also, for me, it's worth blowing it all chasing unicorns because there's only the few characters I have any interest in until FFVIII hits and they will all be unicorns ;p Nothing else to save up for!
While this is true, remember that the crystal change will come into effect eventually, which will make receiving a 5* base character out of a rainbow crystal a guarantee. It won't increase the chance of a rainbow crystal spawning, but if it does, at least it won't give you a 5* version of a 3*/4* character. It's why I'm trying to restrain myself on pulls as much as I can, until they implement it.

Regardless, best of luck to everyone going in on Lightning! I look forward to reading your pulls (and hopefully, success). I'm still going back-and-forth in my head, as to whether I should just stick to 1/2 price daily draws or do one 10+ 1 summon and THEN daily draws, but I haven't decided yet. I'll probably go with the former, so I can continue to 1/2 price daily pulls beyond this banner, without needing to open my wallet.

While this is true, remember that the crystal change will come into effect eventually, which will make receiving a 5* base character out of a rainbow crystal a guarantee. It won't increase the chance of a rainbow crystal spawning, but if it does, at least it won't give you a 5* version of a 3*/4* character. It's why I'm trying to restrain myself on pulls as much as I can, until they implement it.

Regardless, best of luck to everyone going in on Lightning! I look forward to reading your pulls (and hopefully, success). I'm still going back-and-forth in my head, as to whether I should just stick to 1/2 price daily draws or do one 10+ 1 summon and THEN daily draws, but I haven't decided yet. I'll probably go with the former, so I can continue to 1/2 price daily pulls beyond this banner, without needing to open my wallet.

I know, I wish I had the luxury of waiting for that but this banner obviously won't be running when it does and the next time she comes around, it will be with a lot more than two other units which will lower the chances of getting her. This is the best shot and has a great consolation prize so now is the time. I'll take advantage of that crystal change for Orlandu and Tidus if it's out by then.

I'm really torn on trying out the 1/2 price versus the 10+1 myself. I feel like the latter is more likely to get what you want but the other gives you a lot more tries.... I'm hoping Wolf does his/her pulls first and we can see the results before making a decision haha

Is there a reason you guys do 1/2 once a day? Is it less disappointing that way? Or is there some pulling affect that has you doing it that way instead of a bunch in a row? I'm guessing the former.

Zafir

Is there a reason you guys do 1/2 once a day? Is it less disappointing that way? Or is there some pulling affect that has you doing it that way instead of a bunch in a row? I'm guessing the former.

Cost efficient and it gives you that bit of excitement in a morning.

Even if it's for a brief second till you get <insert shitty base 3* unit here>

tariniel

I was going to dump my remaining 15 tickets on the FB banner for a chance at CoD but maybe I just hold onto them for the Lightning banner. I don't have any expectation of getting Lightning but the other two units would be nice.

Valentus

when lightning comes to global, her 6star form can get a max ATK of 683 with current equip and TMs.

...I might do some pulls (50?) and record it for dissapoinpalooza.

You know, thinking about it. How many dual casts do we really need?

One for Kefka yes, standard 6* Terra, healers...given what they did to Kefka I can't imagine Kuja will have dual cast..

Maybe four or five?

chrono01

I know, I wish I had the luxury of waiting for that but this banner obviously won't be running when it does and the next time she comes around, it will be with a lot more than two other units which will lower the chances of getting her. This is the best shot and has a great consolation prize so now is the time. I'll take advantage of that crystal change for Orlandu and Tidus if it's out by then.

I'm really torn on trying out the 1/2 price versus the 10+1 myself. I feel like the latter is more likely to get what you want but the other gives you a lot more tries.... I'm hoping Wolf does his/her pulls first and we can see the results before making a decision haha

The only chance increase the 10+1 gives you is the guaranteed gold crystal (being the +1), which (right now) can give you an awakened 3* character (Shadow, anyone?). The daily pulls, on the other hand, save you a lot of Lapis over time. If you look at it over the spread of a year, if you did JUST daily pulls, and no standard ones, you will have effectively received double of what you normally would have, had you stuck purely with the 10+1. I say "effectively", because this isn't taking into account the +1 pulls, but you're more-or-less at a gain of 2x.

Personally, two out of the three rainbow crystals I've received so far have been from daily draws. I know I won't be as lucky with Lightning, but in general the daily pulls have given me quite a few useful units. Not just that, as I mentioned before, if you don't get anything good, it's less depressing when you know you only spent 250 Lapis on it, and not 500.

The Japanese version is supposedly receiving daily rainbow draws eventually, although I'm not sure what that means (not much information was given on it at TGS). Whether this means a second daily pull you can do, with increased chances of a rainbow crystal, no one knows.

CCIE

Banned
I have a good shot, because we all know that I'm not pulling Charlotte (tank). And DW, DC are the same thing, and I haven't gotten one Zidane yet. So if I manage to actually pull on banner chances are good Lightning will be mine

c-murph

I have a good shot, because we all know that I'm not pulling Charlotte (tank). And DW, DC are the same thing, and I haven't gotten one Zidane yet. So if I manage to actually pull on banner chances are good Lightning will be mine

Fencer was my Lightning. I don't even want Lightning. Ramza on the other hand... Dollars will be spent.

The only chance increase the 10+1 gives you is the guaranteed gold crystal (being the +1), which (right now) can give you an awakened 3* character (Shadow, anyone?). The daily pulls, on the other hand, save you a lot of Lapis over time. If you look at it over the spread of a year, if you did JUST daily pulls, and no standard ones, you will have effectively received double of what you normally would have, had you stuck purely with the 10+1. I say "effectively", because this isn't taking into account the +1 pulls, but you're more-or-less at a gain of 2x.

Personally, two out of the three rainbow crystals I've received so far have been from daily draws. I know I won't be as lucky with Lightning, but in general the daily pulls have given me quite a few useful units. Not just that, as I mentioned before, if you don't get anything good, it's less depressing when you know you only spent 250 Lapis on it, and not 500.

The Japanese version is supposedly receiving daily rainbow draws eventually, although I'm not sure what that means (not much information was given on it at TGS). Whether this means a second daily pull you can do, with increased chances of a rainbow crystal, no one knows.

Well I can see why you'd favor the half over over a long stretch of time, the 10 plus only makes sense for a particular banner you really want a unit from. I guess my question is what are my odds with a 10+1 pull versus spamming the half off until I run out of lapis? Does the guaranteed gold outweigh the more attempts? Also, what all does the half off pull apply to? Just the current banner? Or every unit?

You'll get her just because you get every physical damage dealer worth a damn in this game ;p As far as failing to get drops go, I've been to physical dmg dealers as you've been to tanks. Fortunately we both still have great teams but I understand your thirst for a tank, just with another type of unit.

This morning a storm rolled through my area and I was awoken by bright flashes of lightning. Since I was up I decided to boot up the game and do some daily stuff and I saw that Lightning will be on the next banner. That can only mean that I will wake up in the middle of the night every night in a jealous rage of those here that pull her :p

Seriously though, I'll probably do one 11 pull and use a few tickets on the first day and will just do the daily 250 pull for the rest of the banner duration. Not going to spend everything I've got to chase her. Good luck to those that are going in hard to get her.

chrono01

Well I can see why you'd favor the half over over a long stretch of time, the 10 plus only makes sense for a particular banner you really want a unit from. I guess my question is what are my odds with a 10+1 pull versus spamming the half off until I run out of lapis? Does the guaranteed gold outweigh the more attempts? Also, what all does the half off pull apply to? Just the current banner? Or every unit?
If the guaranteed gold was a guaranteed 4* base character ( as it eventually will be), it'd probably be worth doing on a banner where you really want that particular 4* character (even then, there's no way in knowing if the gold crystal will be a 4* from that banner or an off-banner one). As it is now, that gold crystal could just be an awakened version of a banner's 3* character or even an evolved form of ANY 3* character in the game.

Regarding the 1/2 daily pulls and where they're grabbed from, it's always the currently-advertised banner, so right now it's from the Facebook campaign and, when Lightning arrives, it'll be from her banner. Granted, it's possible to pull character from off-banner as well, but then that applies to the 10+1 pulls anyway (as you know, if you do a 10+1, you're not going to only receive characters from that banner, unless you're extremely lucky).

we are the faces that run this place mate.

Jy3KOuy.gif

Folstern

Going to delete them from my FL.
Hahaha.

This sums up how I'll feel when I use all my lapis and tickets:
My hands
Don't wanna start again
My hands
No they don't wanna understand
My hands
They just shake and try to break
whatever peace I may find

So much salt will be spilled.

Zafir

I'll use what I have to try get Lightning. Not that hopeful though considering I've not seen a single rainbow crystal as of yet.

Im limiting my whaling allowance to what i would pay for an MMO sub

Which im currently not subscribed to any

So ill spend 10 bucks a month or so if i feel the urge to chase something

Ive went 3 months without spending a dime so i dropped 20 open more slots since im starting to fill shit up lately

chrono01

Let's put a bet

1. How many of us will uninstall this game?

2. How many of us will convert to whale and still doesn't get her?

Therearedozensofus.gif
When I originally started playing this game, I had the intention of re-rolling once Lightning hit. However, since then I've obtained so many useful characters (as well as a few limited-timed ones), so there's no way I'll re-roll now. Once your account hits a certain point (I call it "The Point of No Reroll"), it doesn't really matter how bad your pulls get, there's too much invested in that account to start over.

As for whaling, not going that route either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom