• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
I don't have Nox so can't script any actions like that. However, hopefully the Mac version of Nox adds that capability soon enough

Lyrian

Shinto - I am gearing up for going after the item usage trophy, as well as the magic one. I figure take my TM team with Potions, Antidotes, Echo, and any other cheap items that I can just burn though. I have almost 1000 potions in my inventory from peerless chemist.

Then equip every character on the TM team with Cure ( I currently have more than 500 copies from chasing the ability trophy), and summon that every round as well for a bit, until out of MP. Rinse and repeat.

However, that will be really, really boring so I'm trying to psyche myself up to finish off those trophies, after the lumberjack grind for the second sword. Glad the next event will be one that doesn't include making something. I'll also be done with the forging and ability trophies soon enough as well.

I don't particular think you need to go out of your way for it. I just got done with some testing.
1. You can have all the characters use an item at the same time. It all counts.
2. Your items will auto refill every round.

So all I'm doing is adding in a new script for my TM grind team.
1. Instead of Auto begin. It individually selections potion for each character, then auto for the reminder.

I could also get it to do repeat first, but less prompts means less chance for failure.

I'm just building it in to what I'm already doing, or better to say. What I made an automated macro to do for me, while I'm not playing.

If I finish up this semester well enough, I may try to make one that also will exit out of TM farming and go to Col every 3 hours.

So Trophy wise, the only ones I'm iffy about getting is Gold level, Esper and Col Wins/Attempts. Espers is just too annoying and the fastest anyone can get gold for those two will take 417 days without spending money.

So within the next 6 months, I should be above 60 Trophies.

I used to do the potion method for increasing the item used counter, but then I read a better method on Reddit a few days ago that works **so** much better and faster.

Instead of telling all your units to use a potion each round do this:

-- In a town (Mitra for example), purchase a full stack of Potions, Antidotes, Eye Drops, Smelling Salts, and Echo Herbs.

-- Take all of them into a exploration.

-- In the first encounter of the exploration, have each unit use one of each type of consumable. Tell the friend unit to defend.

-- Press Repeat each round until all the items are consumed and auto attacks the mobs.

-- Clear exploration as usual.

*** Adds 60-90 seconds to an ES run, and adds +50 to the item counter each run.

I've already added ~1500 to my item counter tonight alone in ES farming lumber. This is an ideal opportunity to do both the item trophy and lumber at the same time. Starting to get close enough to the item trophy, that I might just gun it tomorrow and get it out of the way once and for all.

tuffymon

I don't have Nox so can't script any actions like that. However, hopefully the Mac version of Nox adds that capability soon enough

Would bluestacks work on mac? Googling it says it does, I combine it with macro recorder and it works just fine. (I'm not on Mac, but Nox wouldn't work for me)

CCIE

Banned
Bluestacks works on Mac, but the performance is crap. I use Andy, which runs like it does on the phone - no slowdown. However, I haven't used macro recorder. I simply use the built in Automator, but it doesn't record swipes, only clicks as far as I can tell

CCIE

Banned
Damn, I just looked up Lightning's attack values, and she has a 188 base attack! That just decimates anything in Global right now.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I guess TMs matter whenever PVP goes live, but still. Has anyone done the math on how much time, energy, and battles it takes to get one unit to 100?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I used to do the potion method for increasing the item used counter, but then I read a better method on Reddit a few days ago that works **so** much better and faster.

Instead of telling all your units to use a potion each round do this:

-- In a town (Mitra for example), purchase a full stack of Potions, Antidotes, Eye Drops, Smelling Salts, and Echo Herbs.

-- Take all of them into a exploration.

-- In the first encounter of the exploration, have each unit use one of each type of consumable. Tell the friend unit to defend.

-- Press Repeat each round until all the items are consumed and auto attacks the mobs.

-- Clear exploration as usual.

*** Adds 60-90 seconds to an ES run, and adds +50 to the item counter each run.

I've already added ~1500 to my item counter tonight alone in ES farming lumber. This is an ideal opportunity to do both the item trophy and lumber at the same time. Starting to get close enough to the item trophy, that I might just gun it tomorrow and get it out of the way once and for all.

But my way involves no input nor do I have to actively be playing. It takes no additional energy, time, etc.

CCIE

Banned
I'm pretty close on my first set of TM's - the lowest unit has 73% currently. Gungnir is at 92% combined between my Kain's.

Please be aware that is for Lightning in 6* form - in 5* form she has a measly 146 base attack... she get 30% attack bonus as a 5*. She also has the LONGEST attack animation I've seen yet.

scarlet

The last 2 nights andy and automator had been perfect.

I found a "perfect" formula for my setup. No more ends up in exploration lol.

But I do it manually when I was free at work.

CCIE

Banned
Scarlet - glad to see that Andy and Automator worked for you. I personally love it - makes things really easy, and I've never had it crash on my yet (crosses fingers). I also do it manually during the day, unless I don't want to be bothered.

I will get back to TMR farming after the lumber grind...

I need Cecil now... Have all these LB pots and no unit to spend them on

tuffymon

I've never ended up in exploration, but If you have an internet hiccup... I don't have a way to hit the retry entering the dungeon >.>; so I lose out until I get back home.

Sorry, I didn't mean to discourage you. If you really want to do a 10+1, feel free! I was just letting you know the risks and why it might be better to wait, if you want the best value for your Lapis. :)

Yes, you can only do one 1/2 price Lapis pull per day, otherwise no one would ever do the 500 Lapis summon. It resets at midnight (PT) each day. As mentioned the daily pull will be based off of whatever the current event banner is, and will never pull from the generic premium pool. You're not guaranteed to get a character from the advertised banner, of course, as off-banner characters are always a possibility, even if you pull directly with Lapis/Tickets. The 1/2 price Lapis helps, though.
Haha no worries, friend! Discouragement is what I want if it's not the smartest strategy. I guess I'll milk the dailies the whole week and then do the 500 pulls with the rest of the lapis plus tickets. Or I could save enough for the daily discounts all week and do a 10 +1 hmmm I'll likely see what kind of pulls others on here are getting between the two strategies ;p
I cant decide if I want more than 1 Ultima? I mean is it really necessary?

All you need to figure out is how many black mages you'll have in at a time. If you'll keep ExDeath and Kefka in always, 2 but if you're going to kick Kefka to the curb when ExDeath hits 6*, just one is fine. Actually, two for you no matter what because Emperor ;p Unless you'd kick ExDeath out and only roll with Emperor for magic.

scarlet

Scarlet - glad to see that Andy and Automator worked for you. I personally love it - makes things really easy, and I've never had it crash on my yet (crosses fingers). I also do it manually during the day, unless I don't want to be bothered.

I will get back to TMR farming after the lumber grind...

I need Cecil now... Have all these LB pots and no unit to spend them on

You will get Cecil, just like me.
I bought those pots before I got him, cuz I believe I'd get him eventually.

I have 17,810 Cakes left and the following options of stuff to grab:

Rabbit's Foot: 15,000 cakes (1).
Mini Burst Pot: 10,000 cakes (10).
Metal Gigantuar: 100 cakes (100).
Holy Crystal: 150 cakes (10).
Elixir: 100 cakes (10).
Remedy: 30 cakes (10).
X-Potion: 20 cakes (10).
Turbo Ether: 20 cakes (10).
Tent: 5 cakes (10).
Ether: 5 cakes (10).
Hi-Potion: 5 cakes (10).

Should I ignore the foot / pots, buy everything else and sell the remaining cakes? If I do so, I'd likely end up expanding my unit slots by 100 to hold the Gigantaurs for future units (have 7.5k lapis and it costs 2k lapis for 100 unit slots).

Welp, I did the thing! I'm now at 175/200 unit slots with 100 Gigantaurs. O__O

Rixa

Edit: For your interest, a 6* Exdeath does 371.612 (743.224 with W-Magic) Meteor damage (4 MAG+30), and 327.995 (655.990 with W-Magic) Ultima Damage (3 MAG+30 and Ultima)

Edit2: For the Lolz, a Kefka with 3 MAG+30 and dual weild (rod of gravity and Ice rod (417 MAG (!!!!)) does 364.749 (729.498 for second time) of hyperdrive damage.
Yeah I can always slap Ultima to Kefka if I want / need to use +2 mages :)
Cost efficient and it gives you that bit of excitement in a morning.
Even if it's for a brief second till you get <insert shitty base 3* unit here>
This, so much this. You dont get bored so fast cause you can pull cheaply. Even if you are out of Lapis, with just doing dailies you get one pull every 5 days.
when lightning comes to global, her 6star form can get a max ATK of 683 with current equip and TMs.

...I might do some pulls (50?) and record it for dissapoinpalooza.
2x Excalibur + some shit? Gl for those pulls :D
Let's put a bet

1. How many of us will uninstall this game?

2. How many of us will convert to whale and still doesn't get her?
Not me, doing daily pulls and last day using all my 7-8 tix. I have a feeling that I pull my first Rainbow Crystal and its Medius (dupe). +200 pulls done and 0 RC.

When I originally started playing this game, I had the intention of re-rolling once Lightning hit. However, since then I've obtained so many useful characters (as well as a few limited-timed ones), so there's no way I'll re-roll now. Once your account hits a certain point (I call it "The Point of No Reroll"), it doesn't really matter how bad your pulls get, there's too much invested in that account to start over.

As for whaling, not going that route either.
I remember, glad that you have great units and I dont need to add you again to friend list ;)
I know you are joking....but oddly enough it is kind of true. I mean the game really has to be tuned difficulty wise were TM's aren't needed. Having said that......imma farm TM's fam.
Heh. Same here, started 2nd round of TM manual farming.

Yeah really bummed that the functionality still isnt there!
Real people do it manually.

I guess TMs matter whenever PVP goes live, but still. Has anyone done the math on how much time, energy, and battles it takes to get one unit to 100?

Consensus seems to be 9000 - 14000 runs in Earth Shrine.
For me to get 5 TM from 0% to 100% took 40-46 days and roughly 2.1% - 2.2% TM per day. All by doing it phone & manually, no macroing. TMs I did:
* 4x 30% MAG (4 Shantottos)
* 1x Excalibur (1 Cecil)

Malakhov

Banned
Is that when we can expect Lightning to land?

What's the rate for getting a rainbow crystal, anyway? I've only ever gotten one, and it was Terra.
1% i believe, add to the fact that it doesn't mean it will be lightning. She's gonna be real hard to get. I changed my mind and will keep my lapis and tickets and only do daily pulls.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Will do one daily tomorrow and spend 1 ticket as well.

Hope this will be enough to secure Lightning even if I don't like her that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom