• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Rest in Peace, Chizuru master race.

BNYL92s.png

Lyrian

The calm before the storm... the calm before the lightning

Lightning banner is only for one week.

The dev stream outright confirmed Labyrinth (Enchanted Maze on Global) will be part of the next banner/event after Lightning.

So.... which is next after Lightning next week? (On JP Schedule, the sequence was Lightning --> FFT --> FF13 --> FF4).

So, the one-two punch of Lightning, followed by Ramza and Delita?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Lightning banner is only for one week.

The dev stream outright confirmed Labyrinth (Enchanted Maze on Global) will be part of the next banner/event after Lightning.

So.... which is next after Lightning next week? (On JP Schedule, the sequence was Lightning --> FFT --> FF13 --> FF4).

So, the one-two punch of Lightning, followed by Ramza and Delita?

I would absolutely love that order. I'm not interested in FFT banner nor FFXIII nor FFIV. Give me time to save for the FFBF banner.

Chizuwho?

Yes tomorrow will be another lumbersexual day.

GOD SAVE US ALL

Wait Charlotte is considered a good tank? lol wtf

Char is the best 5* tank in JPN still. I believe she is also the highest ranked 5* character too.

I really just want to get one or two Ryud's from this banner. I do love Charlotte's design too. So I'm really hoping this is basically a 2 character banner :p

Lyrian

Rest in Peace, Chizuru master race.

That's so theraputic after reading a shitton of comments from the Reddit Hivemind telling people today to not even bother going after the Killer Bow because "Artemios could never possibly match up with Chizuru, so why even bother going through the effort of this?".

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

That's so theraputic after reading a shitton of comments from the Reddit Hivemind telling people today to not even bother going after the Killer Bow because "Artemios could never possibly match up with Chizuru, so why even bother going through the effort of this?".

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Do we know how difficult this boss said to be?

Jeffrey

shit. accidentally sold my stack of 200 copper ores.

now i have the lumber but not the copper.

Are there any good streamers/youtube channels for global FFBE? I want to see some salt lightning summoning.

Kouriozan

Are there any good streamers/youtube channels for global FFBE? I want to see some salt lightning summoning.
Kongbakpao, maybe?
This dude spent a lot of money for Chizuru and only recently got her.

I don't doubt there will be a lot of video of people trying to get her.

I have 17,810 Cakes left and the following options of stuff to grab:

Rabbit's Foot: 15,000 cakes (1).
Mini Burst Pot: 10,000 cakes (10).
Metal Gigantuar: 100 cakes (100).
Holy Crystal: 150 cakes (10).
Elixir: 100 cakes (10).
Remedy: 30 cakes (10).
X-Potion: 20 cakes (10).
Turbo Ether: 20 cakes (10).
Tent: 5 cakes (10).
Ether: 5 cakes (10).
Hi-Potion: 5 cakes (10).

Should I ignore the foot / pots, buy everything else and sell the remaining cakes? If I do so, I'd likely end up expanding my unit slots by 100 to hold the Gigantaurs for future units (have 7.5k lapis and it costs 2k lapis for 100 unit slots).

Lyrian

Do we know how difficult this boss said to be?

Level: 65
Tribe: Dragon
230000 HP / 400 MP
Immune to all status
-50% Ice resist

-------------------------

Actions/turn:

Skill 1: Kick a unit out of the fight
Skill 2: 170% ST Physical
Skill 3: AoE 20% chance to Blind/Sleep/Confuse
Skill 4: Meteor- 110% AoE + 25% Ignore MDEF
Skill 5: Ultima - 250% AoE + 25% Ignore MDEF
Skill 6: Self (Charge)

------------------------
Start:

First Turn: Skill 3

After first turn (roll for chance at each sequence each turn in order, until one is rolled):

20% chance to use Skill 1

If Timer #1 >5 Turns:
20% chance to use Skill 2 or 100% chance to use Skill 4 (Either)
End Turn (Stops Timer)
If no timer/start Timer #1
End Turn

40% chance to use Skill 3

If Timer #2 >5 Turns:
End Turn (Stops Timer)
If no timer/start Timer #2
End Turn

40% chance to use Skill 4

End Turn

30% chance to use Skill 2

End Turn

100% Normal Attack

HP Threshold Attacks:

<50% HP

Attack (Twice)
Use Skill 6 (Once)
End Turn
Use Skill 5 on the next turn
End Turn
10% Chance to attack (If triggers, Skill 1/2/3/4 can't happen on that turn)
Next turn: Attack + Use Skill 6 (End Turn + Use Skill 5 on the next turn + End Turn)

<30% HP, Use Skill 1 (Once)

If Timer #1 >5 Turns:
End Turn (Stops Timer)
If no timer/start Timer #1
End Turn

--- Looks the big dangers here are taking too long resulting in RNG kicking out everyone from the fight and eating an Ultima under half life.

CCIE

Banned
I have at least half a dozen whales on my FL. They will all have Lightning as their share sometime in the next week. I doubt I will get her, simply because in all the rerolls that I did for Japan, I never rolled her

Not once. Haven't tried under the new rules, though

Azuran

Banned
Guys please don't hate me when I pull Lightning within 5 tries.

I'll make sure to share her as soon as I get her to 80 so everyone here can benefit from my luck.

chrono01

Guys please don't hate me when I pull Lightning within 5 tries.

I'll make sure to share her as soon as I get her to 80 so everyone here can benefit from my luck.
Five tries? Pfft, not impressed. Do it in one!

Whoever here pulls her, should take a ban
They should absolutely be banished from this OT. I say this, because I know I won't manage to get Lightning, so I'm safe from said banishment.

Malakhov

Banned
Lands of plenty is over tonight. Kind of regret not getting more than 80 cavern ores. The grind wasnt as terrible as it first looked.

chrono01

Lands of plenty is over tonight. Kind of regret not getting more than 80 cavern ores. The grind wasnt as terrible as it first looked.
I gathered enough for three swords, that should be enough. I'm nearing the end of getting enough components for my first one, just need to wait for the baking time. :/

If the guaranteed gold was a guaranteed 4* base character ( as it eventually will be), it'd probably be worth doing on a banner where you really want that particular 4* character (even then, there's no way in knowing if the gold crystal will be a 4* from that banner or an off-banner one). As it is now, that gold crystal could just be an awakened version of a banner's 3* character or even an evolved form of ANY 3* character in the game.

Regarding the 1/2 daily pulls and where they're grabbed from, it's always the currently-advertised banner, so right now it's from the Facebook campaign and, when Lightning arrives, it'll be from her banner. Granted, it's possible to pull character from off-banner as well, but then that applies to the 10+1 pulls anyway (as you know, if you do a 10+1, you're not going to only receive characters from that banner, unless you're extremely lucky).

Hmm, you've convinced me it's not worth doing the 10 +1 at all right now. A shame because it's fun blasting so many characters out at once and for some reason I feel like I'd have a better chance that way haha Probably from a Japan vid I watched once.

So why are you guys calling it 1/2 daily pulls? Surely you can use it as many times as you want in a day? Thanks for confirming it'll be off the Lightning banner.

chrono01

Hmm, you've convinced me it's not worth doing the 10 +1 at all right now. A shame because it's fun blasting so many characters out at once and for some reason I feel like I'd have a better chance that way haha Probably from a Japan vid I watched once.

So why are you guys calling it 1/2 daily pulls? Surely you can use it as many times as you want in a day? Thanks for confirming it'll be off the Lightning banner.
Sorry, I didn't mean to discourage you. If you really want to do a 10+1, feel free! I was just letting you know the risks and why it might be better to wait, if you want the best value for your Lapis. :)

Yes, you can only do one 1/2 price Lapis pull per day, otherwise no one would ever do the 500 Lapis summon. It resets at midnight (PT) each day. As mentioned the daily pull will be based off of whatever the current event banner is, and will never pull from the generic premium pool. You're not guaranteed to get a character from the advertised banner, of course, as off-banner characters are always a possibility, even if you pull directly with Lapis/Tickets. The 1/2 price Lapis helps, though.

CCIE

Banned
Glad I went back and got the ore for a second sword. I've been lumber jacking all day in ES and I almost have all the lumber for fine blades. So I should have all the mats for sword two by maintenance tomorrow night... Not too bad. The swords would look good on Lightning

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So I'd say 5 Luds will be enough.

What healers get dual cast? Refia?

5 means every cat can get one. You'll be PvP ready. :p

I think 2 is good, 3 is more than enough. Physical will get no use from it. So only your support, tank, healer, and mage can. And typically, you're running 2 or 3 of them. Same as Dual Wield really. Though, if the stats stack. I could see you wanting to rock it on some mages rather than another 30% if they put in some nice MAG heavy items.

I do dislike this banner only being 1 week. I feel like 2 weeks for entirely new banners would be better.

fester

Banned

Hm, I found the boss fights to be tedious and just gave up after 40 ores. Was annoyed to the point where I was about to just scrap the game and move on when lightning struck....

CCIE

Banned
Charlotte is expected to get a 6* from the scuttlebutt out there. However, the only 6-star tanks in the game are Snow, Cecil and WoL. I wouldn't mind Charlotte, she's got an awesome sprite.

I figure the game HAS to give me a tank this time, or it will have to give me Lightning or Ludmille instead. So for on banner pulls, I can live with any of those scenarios

CCIE

Banned
Seriously, Chilly? You should go for two, because why not. That's right, didn't you pull like five Terra's or something? Two still shouldn't take very long

CCIE

Banned
Shinto - I am gearing up for going after the item usage trophy, as well as the magic one. I figure take my TM team with Potions, Antidotes, Echo, and any other cheap items that I can just burn though. I have almost 1000 potions in my inventory from peerless chemist.

Then equip every character on the TM team with Cure ( I currently have more than 500 copies from chasing the ability trophy), and summon that every round as well for a bit, until out of MP. Rinse and repeat.

However, that will be really, really boring so I'm trying to psyche myself up to finish off those trophies, after the lumberjack grind for the second sword. Glad the next event will be one that doesn't include making something. I'll also be done with the forging and ability trophies soon enough as well.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Shinto - I am gearing up for going after the item usage trophy, as well as the magic one. I figure take my TM team with Potions, Antidotes, Echo, and any other cheap items that I can just burn though. I have almost 1000 potions in my inventory from peerless chemist.

Then equip every character on the TM team with Cure ( I currently have more than 500 copies from chasing the ability trophy), and summon that every round as well for a bit, until out of MP. Rinse and repeat.

However, that will be really, really boring so I'm trying to psyche myself up to finish off those trophies, after the lumberjack grind for the second sword. Glad the next event will be one that doesn't include making something. I'll also be done with the forging and ability trophies soon enough as well.

I don't particular think you need to go out of your way for it. I just got done with some testing.
1. You can have all the characters use an item at the same time. It all counts.
2. Your items will auto refill every round.

So all I'm doing is adding in a new script for my TM grind team.
1. Instead of Auto begin. It individually selections potion for each character, then auto for the reminder.

I could also get it to do repeat first, but less prompts means less chance for failure.

I'm just building it in to what I'm already doing, or better to say. What I made an automated macro to do for me, while I'm not playing.

If I finish up this semester well enough, I may try to make one that also will exit out of TM farming and go to Col every 3 hours.

So Trophy wise, the only ones I'm iffy about getting is Gold level, Esper and Col Wins/Attempts. Espers is just too annoying and the fastest anyone can get gold for those two will take 417 days without spending money.

So within the next 6 months, I should be above 60 Trophies.

Caim

Will probably do just one 5k lapis pull on Lightning.

Only banner I care about right now regardless of unit effectiveness is FFT.

Gotta get Ramza. T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom