• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant get over how great the sprite work is in this game

I hope someone rips them all someday for future use in fan games down the line lol

Pejo

Ok, waited til Celes was out to pull some units, was going to keep going until I got an upgrade for a DPS character, and I got: Rydia, Anzelm, Rydia, Maria, Shantotto, Kain, Russel, Anzelm, Shadow, and Russel.

Fuck.

creid

Will they really launch before we hit the last pre-registration milestone though? Or will they just pretend that we hit it one they're ready to launch?

Kouriozan

Will they really launch before we hit the last pre-registration milestone though? Or will they just pretend that we hit it one they're ready to launch?

My guess is that in the Brave Exvius E3 presentation, they'll say something like "don't forget to pre-register, the game is launching soon, etc", and then near the 20th of June it officially launch.
Don't forget the trailer says it'll release this summer.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Had a bit time so i thought why not give Europa another shot, now that i have leveled up my Squad. Beat her on my first try.

Pretty straightforward, no use of any Gimmicks. Garland/CoD as damage dealers and Power/Armorbreak every couple rounds. Cecil/Maria as healing squad. Edger as...well he was kinda useless, Cecil probably would have been better but he was the only unit i had Leather Shield on - so thats something.
screenshot_2016-06-094lj1i.png

Cecil was the frigging MVP - having Sentinel was such a gamechanger compared to the last time i got destroyed. He saved the other units a bunch of times from getting bodied. Cant wait for his 6* version, for him to be even more OP.

Guess no need for me to pull Mizell or Kuja anymore (for now).

PS. I hope there isnt something special you can steal from Europa - because i wont beat the stagy anytime soon bringing along a shitty 3* Thief.

Razmos

The update today made the game a lot faster for me, and I got the daily login bonus instantly upon loading the game, as opposed to having to wait for ages

Euphor!a

Banned
So this is something interesting. The friend point cap is 100,000. However you can get over that cap at the moment by using friend summons. The catch is that you have to turn off friend points from your gift request because when you claim it resets it back to 100k. Since FP summons are pretty useless at this stage it could be a good time to stock up especially with the event going on.

Oh wow, since when could you get metal cactaurs and money turtles from friend pulls? I just noticed it now since I was wondering how many FP I had and looked at the summon portal.

Oh wow, since when could you get metal cactaurs and money turtles from friend pulls? I just noticed it now since I was wondering how many FP I had and looked at the summon portal.

It's part of the Friend Point event this week. I think it goes until Friday or Saturday and the Gil Turtle vortex event is this weekend.

I did one 10 pull that was nothing but Cactaurs and turtles. I felt kind of mixed about that one as I don't need gil and my party has enough unused jumbo Cactaurs.

If E3 launch happens, let's hope we hit the 5,500,000 milestone first. Need those summon tickets!

I think it's a guarantee that we'll get the 10 tickets. It would look bad for the game if we don't, so I think we'll get them weather they actually hit the goal or not.

The Google Play page for the game changed from "Not available in your country" to Coming Soon for me today, or at least very recently. I really hope it's next week.

Vex_

Banned
SO I had the WEIRDEST nightmare:

I was doing a daily Awakening vortex run and left my party on AUTO as usual, right? Then I looked away (because ya, my party is so strong) and then I looked back, and my whole party was wiped out! WTF?

I woke up and was sweating. That's how you know Ive been grinding too much.

cw_sasuke

I was doing a daily Awakening vortex run and left my party on AUTO as usual, right? Then I looked away (because ya, my party is so strong) and then I looked back, and my whole party was wiped out! WTF?

Ok this is just too funny... lol.

chrono01

I think it's a guarantee that we'll get the 10 tickets. It would look bad for the game if we don't, so I think we'll get them weather they actually hit the goal or not.

The Google Play page for the game changed from "Not available in your country" to Coming Soon for me today, or at least very recently. I really hope it's next week.
Here's hoping!

Rixa

Ok this is just too funny... lol.
Hehee :D Funny indeed. You know youre played too much(?) when you start to think:
"I could loan friend Cod and beam hole to that wall"...
Here's hoping!
Yes we will get it :).

Visceir

Got to S-5 boss and beat it in first go. With 2 cura characters and full break it just wasn't able to deal enough damage to take down any of my characters, gg.

Jeffrey

hope the game launches relatively soon. Bummed that i can' progress further in colosseum because i lack a good healer that won't die in 1 hit.

Heng

Man that boss in S3 was pretty tough, although I was able to kill him on my first attempt. I ran with Lassus (probably should have given him an ice ring in hind sight), Shanatto, Maria, Garland, and a thief. I kept power break up which helped keep Maria alive for half the battle until I realized it was only a temporary debuff.

It's getting harder to carry my thief through Colosseum, and Maria's heal isn't keeping up with the damage they're putting out... Are there better healers in the game? From a few posts here, Krile is one of them but are there others? I have the 3 star healer from friend pulls but I don't want to invest XP into him without knowing if he's better than Maria or not.

Vex_

Banned
It's getting harder to carry my thief through Colosseum,

yup, had to drop my thief off at around A ranks (now in S ranks). Because fuck that stealing shit. Any turn wasted trying to steal could be used to deal extra damage, or cast buffs/debuffs. Plus all my 2 thief get one shot at max level... so... yea. They are no good.

now my green mage/healer (3*) is getting one shot no mater what now. You really sort of HAVE to have 4* or higher at a certain point.

SAFCDan

Neo Member
Man that boss in S3 was pretty tough, although I was able to kill him on my first attempt. I ran with Lassus (probably should have given him an ice ring in hind sight), Shanatto, Maria, Garland, and a thief. I kept power break up which helped keep Maria alive for half the battle until I realized it was only a temporary debuff.

It's getting harder to carry my thief through Colosseum, and Maria's heal isn't keeping up with the damage they're putting out... Are there better healers in the game? From a few posts here, Krile is one of them but are there others? I have the 3 star healer from friend pulls but I don't want to invest XP into him without knowing if he's better than Maria or not.

I've got Roselia, from what I've read she's a little better than Krile but we don't really have any top tier healers available to us yet

--

I probably overgrinded a bit and ended up awakening my entire party to 5* (Cecil/Bartz/Vaan/CoD/Roselia) - time to slow down and wait for release, Google Play Store in the UK has updated to "Coming Soon" and the price of Lapis in game is showing prices in actual £ (shame prices have gone up as per usual!) so imagine it'll be next week!

Rixa

healers in the game? From a few posts here, Krile is one of them but are there others? I have the 3 star healer from friend pulls but I don't want to invest XP into him without knowing if he's better than Maria or not.

Yes. Maria just go 5* version in JP and _if_ we follow JP timeline its about 6 months from now here :p But better option is to get Fina, she is Hero unit that we all get when 2nd island comes (prolly next week?).
Now that Maria is 5* her points in JP Altema unit rank list is 84, one more than Vaan. I did ask from JP players, they say that Fina is still better of those 2.

tl;dr Dont waste resources to fp healer, you get soon great healer for free.

Visceir

Yes. Maria just go 5* version in JP and _if_ we follow JP timeline its about 6 months from now here :p But better option is to get Fina, she is Hero unit that we all get when 2nd island comes (prolly next week?).
Now that Maria is 5* her points in JP Altema unit rank list is 84, one more than Vaan. I did ask from JP players, they say that Fina is still better of those 2.

tl;dr Dont waste resources to fp healer, you get soon great healer for free.

Vaan isn't a healer though and seems kinda weird to bring him up in this discussion. Following unit rankings without context seems like a rather bad idea in general.

Fina will provide some great party buffs but there might still be instances where you need more/higher heals. INT Colosseum should provide us with a Cura recipe and slapping on cura on some other characters in the party might be the easiest way to fix that problem.

Out of the 4* chars Krile is probably the best for heals as she gets dual cast and you can just cast two Curas per turn. From the 5* chars Roselia has the next tier party heals.

The next healers we'll get will probably be Renna/Garnet, with Renna being a superior Fina and Garnet being a superior Roselia.

Svafnir

I'm sticking with krile as she has dual cast and I love her. Do other characters get dual cast? It's amazing.

Also seems like official launch is gonna be next week.. At least that would make sense
Exciting.

Visceir

I'm sticking with krile as she has dual cast and I love her. Do other characters get dual cast? It's amazing.

Also seems like official launch is gonna be next week.. At least that would make sense
Exciting.

Can't think of any off the top of my head, most 6* mages get W-magic, which allows you to just dual-cast black magic.

There will be a character that has Dual Cast as their trust mastery though, if you got that you could slap Dual Cast on any character.

Rixa

Vaan isn't a healer though and seems kinda weird to bring him up in this discussion. Following unit rankings without context seems like a rather bad idea in general.
Just example how getting one star more can affect to JP Altema scores. Obviously they are different types of units, Iam only using Vaan and Maria is benched since I have Krile.

cw_sasuke

Does this game have strong farmable units like other f2p titles ? I never played BF or other Gumi titles so i dont know what to expect from the game down the line. Are there Raid-Bosses/Events where you can obtain useful units outside of the Story Characters ?

Aurizen

The milestone been at 93% for 2 days I hope we hit the points before Wednesday or when ever SE event is.. I was hoping for a 2% each day before Tuesday..

I logged into my old Japanese account today to see if I had any great characters now that I actually understand the game (I played just past Siren + did a bunch of draws w/ free Lapis). I didn't have anyone of particular note, however I saw something that I hope Global gets ASAP. The pedestals that the characters stand on are colored differently depending on star rank. Ex: 1* = Grey (same as in our current version), Blue = 3*, Gold = 4*, etc...

This would make selecting friend units far quicker to know what star rank they are at without inspecting the unit.

Dandte

can't stop pulling....help ;__________;

Cecil
Rydia
Krile
Rydia
Rydia
Cyan
Shadow
Kain
Galuf
Sabin
Terra
Luna
Bedile
Clyne

At Bedile and Luna have decent TM. Maybe i should consider rerolling with the tickets :-/

Heng

Cecil
Rydia
Krile
Rydia
Rydia
Cyan
Shadow
Kain
Galuf
Sabin
Terra
Luna
Bedile
Clyne

At Bedile and Luna have decent TM. Maybe i should consider rerolling with the tickets :-/
Why would you reroll? According to the tier list Rixa linked (http://altema.jp/ffbe/unit) Cecil is pretty high in the tier list. Krile also seems like a good unit too.

Rixa

Cecil
Krile
Rydia
Rydia
Kain
Terra

Why would you reroll? According to the tier list Rixa linked (http://altema.jp/ffbe/unit) Cecil is pretty high in the tier list. Krile also seems like a good unit too.

They say that Terra aint bad either & they say that she is waifu material.
Does this game have strong farmable units like other f2p titles ? I never played BF or other Gumi titles so i dont know what to expect from the game down the line. Are there Raid-Bosses/Events where you can obtain useful units outside of the Story Characters ?
In that Altema link there are "Hero units" that we get for free. Hero units dont have TM at all. Other than that there are FP units but I heard that they havent added anything new to JP FP unit, so we have same FP units already than in JP.

Good thing(?) is that atleast we get one pull per 10 days just doing dailies, then I heard thaat PVP should give 40 Lapis per day (if its not nerfed, dunno what Gumi will do). Then there are events and so on. Sad thing is that rates are bad (even in JP they are really bad). It might be better to pull soon when we get those free tix, cause they add more units to list and the more the less chances you have to get good unit.
Atleast Iam pulling soon after BE is released globally, not going to wait for "Rateup(tm)".

Cecil
Rydia
Krile
Rydia
Rydia
Cyan
Shadow
Kain
Galuf
Sabin
Terra
Luna
Bedile
Clyne

I wish you could trade units, I'd love to have Rydia (my favorite FFIV character). I know that's wishful thinking in a gacha game, though.

Razmos

Trying to beat the white dragon and the ridiculously low chance of status effects proccing is really annoying me. I have 2 characters using Blade Bash and 2 characters using Bio and I can go for 3 or 4 turns with none activating. And it seems to become harder to activate as it gets lower on health (and more deadly)

Trying to beat the white dragon and the ridiculously low chance of status effects proccing is really annoying me. I have 2 characters using Blade Bash and 2 characters using Bio and I can go for 3 or 4 turns with none activating. And it seems to become harder to activate as it gets lower on health (and more deadly)

I gave up on trying to beat it until I had a well oiled engine of destruction for a party. Is there any other character that can paralize aside from Rizer?

RalchAC

I haven't login in a few days. Plan to come back to the game as soon as the Global launch happens!

Still waiting for the announcement...

After beating S4 boss I now realize that I need a healer. The fights aren't so bad, it's just I rather be safe than sorry with my characters being at low health

Valentus

Finally!!!

I put it in my vaan at the moment. Now i dont know who TM next. i have 5 kains (gungnir) and 5 shantottos (MAG +30%)

... i think ill go for shantotto. The mag +30% can go to my exdeath when he get his 6 star form,

cw_sasuke

In that Altema link there are "Hero units" that we get for free. Hero units dont have TM at all. Other than that there are FP units but I heard that they havent added anything new to JP FP unit, so we have same FP units already than in JP.

Good thing(?) is that atleast we get one pull per 10 days just doing dailies, then I heard thaat PVP should give 40 Lapis per day (if its not nerfed, dunno what Gumi will do). Then there are events and so on. Sad thing is that rates are bad (even in JP they are really bad). It might be better to pull soon when we get those free tix, cause they add more units to list and the more the less chances you have to get good unit.
Atleast Iam pulling soon after BE is released globally, not going to wait for "Rateup(tm)".
Guess the game really doesnt have farmable units - interesting, so it all about Gacha outside of the couple Story Units we get. This also explains why no one wants to pull outside of rate-up events lol.

I also feel like some people will be disappointed after saving up everything for rate up events when the lackluster results come in.
Procing the same status effect for the 2nd time is nearly impossible...so the last party of the fight can be cruel if you dont have luck/stats/skill to back it up.
I haven't login in a few days. Plan to come back to the game as soon as the Global launch happens!

Still waiting for the announcement...
Yeah, we need new content...hope it happens during e3 and the next couple days.
Finally!!!
I put it in my vaan at the moment. Now i dont know who TM next. i have 5 kains (gungnir) and 5 shantottos (MAG +30%)

... i think ill go for shantotto. The mag +30% can go to my exdeath when he get his 6 star form,
Awesome - once if not the best Physical atk skill we have right now. But honestly i dont even wanna know how many stages you had to play to even get the single ones to +15%. I have been playing the game for weeks and my units have like may 2-3% lol.

Razmos

It just took 54 casts of Bio to proc poison for the first time, lol. 3 different mages all casting bio at the same time every turn. And then Paralyze didn't proc for that turn and I got wiped anyway. Goddamn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom