• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I GOT HER!!! I got Lightning!!! Now to hide the bank statement from my wife :) All 3 units from the banner pulled. $200 spent. Total spent on this game $250. I'm ok with that.

Flambe

Woooooooooooo got Lightning on my third 11 pull after using probably 20-odd single tickets too. Saw a rainbow crystal and didnt want to get my hopes up but hot damn there she was!

Fuckload of Charlottes and Luds but not much else special but I'll deal lol. Wish I had Gigantaurs =s

I might. But I really have zero interest in botting TMs. If a game's forcing me to do that to remain competitive, I'm just going to spend my time with games that respect user's time a little more.

That being said, a futureproof roster is more likely to eventually get TM the legit way (in say, a year or so lolol) so yeah.

I'm not botting tms either, but my new TM team is 2 Zidanes and 3 Ludmilles. Eventually I'll get those tms.... I guess? I totally get it though, because yeah man, the trust mastery system in place is a joke. I've complained about it before but I totally despise it. Makes me feel like they shouldn't even be taken into consideration because they take so long to acquire. Without botting that is.

_woLf

LOL at people saying Lightning isn't extremely mindfuckingly rare

the amount of people on here getting her after how much I tried is heartbreaking

Falk

that puzzling face
If there's 50 people actively posting in this OT, the droprate is 1.5, and there's 2 10-pulls on average, 15 people are going to post that they got lightning.

Doesn't mean the rate is absurdly high (although anything above 1% -is- rather generous by gacha standards, and especially so for BE given its recent history)

_woLf

Close enough. That's a nice rate to make her a rare treat but not at all impossible to receive if you're willing to go all in and open your wallet if need be.

seems pretty impossible to me! the nature of RNG makes percentiles like that way lower than they appear.

Azuran

Banned
Current reported rate is 1,5%, we'll see how it goes in a few days.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...acha_megathread_lightning_ludmille_charlotte/

Close enough. That's a nice rate to make her a rare treat but not at all impossible to receive if you're willing to go all in and open your wallet if need be.

Using reddit to estimate pull rate doesn't work because the people who didn't get anything are obviously not going to bother reporting their pulls while the people that do get her will head to that thread ASAP and brag especially in the first 2 hours of all things.

The reporting bias is so real.

RedZaraki

Banned
Just closing my ears and eyes until Orlandu drops.

I actually ended up doing three 11 pulls today plus my daily. No Lightning.

BUT. I got 5 Ludmilles, 2 Charlottes, and the Cecil and Garland I was looking for. Plus a couple spares of units I already had.

So now, I'm done. Until Orlandu. In fact, I'm not even going to be doing daily pulls. I want all that Lapis to go towards Orlandu.

My goal is 100 pulls between Lapis and Tickets just for Orlandu. That's my goal.

I WILL have my Dual Wield with 2 Excaliburs Orlandu with an Exceed Ring. That is my only mission. All the other units fall by the wayside. It's a long term project.

Kouriozan

Using reddit to estimate pull rate doesn't work because the people who didn't get anything are obviously not going to bothere reporting their pulls while the people that do get her will head to that thread ASAP and brag.
Yep, that's why it's better to wait a few days for real rates if one want to buy some lapis.

c-murph

I WILL have my Dual Wield with 2 Excaliburs Orlandu with an Exceed Ring. That is my only mission. All the other units fall by the wayside. It's a long term project.

I want that on my Fencer. But with two Exceed rings! Gunna go hard on the next banner with Cecil. Mwa hahahahaha aha aha.

I refuse to understand biases. Everything reddit reports is truth.

CCIE

Banned
I'm going to try rolling an alt account for Lightning and a tank. Nothing else to do but TMR anyway on my now primary one.

Wish me luck!!!!

c-murph

I'm going to try rolling an alt account for Lightning and a tank. Nothing else to do but TMR anyway on my now primary one.

Wish me luck!!!!

Don't do it. Then you'll have to invest twice the amount of time to the game. Also, Add me when you get her plz. lul.

Falk

that puzzling face
Forgot to mention, I also got the other two in the same 10pull.

I guess I got a B-tier tank!

I refuse to understand biases. Everything reddit reports is truth.

From experience the FFRK polls have hovered around being 1.5-2x the actual rates for the trophy items on a banner due to bias. If that holds here, the rate would be somewhere between 0.75% to 1%. Take that with a large grain of salt, however, since the models (and communities) around RK and BE are significantly different.

Haven't put enough time trawling through reddit data on previous BE banners to see how those stack up.

Using reddit to estimate pull rate doesn't work because the people who didn't get anything are obviously not going to bother reporting their pulls while the people that do get her will head to that thread ASAP and brag especially in the first 2 hours of all things.

This. Absolutely.

Rixa

Trial wasnt easy, cleared it first try tho. At first turn bastard confused Lenna & Vaan, later knocked Cecil away. Full Break helps to eat those Meteors & Ultima. In the end I killed it with Blizzara since I was out of mana for Blizzaga :p.

Screenshot_20160923-193913.png
Screenshot_20160923-194118.png

Screenshot_20160923-194148.png
Screenshot_20160923-194225.png

Kouriozan

Trial wasnt easy, cleared it first try tho. At first turn bastard confused Lenna & Vaan, later knocked Cecil away. Full Break helps to eat those Meteors & Ultima. In the end I killed it with Blizzara since I was out of mana for Blizzaga :p.
Nice, Vaan is amazing for this fight with Full Break + Focus for Utlima.

Vashetti

Banned
Yeah

Rerolling is just a fancy word for creating a brand new account over and over again until you get the units you want.

Damn, I can't commit to that.

I need to get over the disappointment of not pulling Lightning immediately. I may even drop some money on the game for the first time to get some lapis, we'll see.

_woLf

Can anyone top wolf's 93 pulls no Lightning?

I had 34 no Lightning myself.

Not to mention 93 pulls and no 5 stars whatsoever. That's what blows my mind so much.

I still can't redeem my letters that have lapis in them. I'm tempted to email support and beg for another 11 roll as compensation for this madness. :p

c-murph

I only did two pulls today. Daily - Char and Ticket - Lud. I'll continue to do dailies for the duration of the banner. With these odds Lightnings bound to strike eventually.

Suddenly a random at rank 33 bahahahah

Whoa, I don't have a Falk.

RedZaraki

Banned
Not to mention 93 pulls and no 5 stars whatsoever. That's what blows my mind so much.

I still can't redeem my letters that have lapis in them. I'm tempted to email support and beg for another 11 roll as compensation for this madness. :p

csorrentini on Reddit did:

12 pulls of 11 and 30 single pulls = 162 pulls no Lightning. That's the record I've seen so far.

desverger

Celes can use Sealing Blade to negate Ultima

Assuming you can eat a Meteor is should be doable

Thanks for this tip. I used Celes to eat the Ultima, made the fight super easy.

You can also use her to build up some Blizzara/ga chains for your other mage.

She can also get Snorted away. So many uses for her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom