• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

I need a full premium 100% TMR team already :/

Sacred Crystals are raining like candy from trust rewards all over the place in the new content.

Ourobolus

Banned
I need a full premium 100% TMR team already :/

Sacred Crystals are raining like candy from trust rewards all over the place in the new content.
Yeah I've gotten quite a few like that, it surprised me.

Also the rank XP for the Wicked Peak floors is pretty good. 11 NRG for like 498 XP, which is a better rate than the 2* esper battles.

Kettch

I decided to do some rerolls today while watching baseball, in order to get rid of my summon itch and save myself from wasting money.

You get 11 pulls immediately at the moment. I did 20 rerolls, for a total of 220 pulls.

Picked up 1 Lightning on the 4th reroll, only other decent unit with it was a Firion, so not even close to what it would need to get me to start over. Two other rainbow pulls in total, a Garnet and a Miyuki.

Other notable unit totals:

Warrior of Light: 1
Chizuru: 1
Exdeath: 0
Cecil: 0
Vaan: 2
Cloud of Darkness: 0
Bartz: 1
Kefka: 1
Zidane: 1

Flambe

Well poop, maxed Lightning but didn't realize dual wield was 6* >.< not that I have two worthy weapons yet anyway.

The bad thing about this is I'm cannibalizing poor Fencer's equipment

So I saw a few pages back that the general consensus is that Charlotte is the best 5 star tank at the moment. Can someone explain why? I'm leveling her up and not seeing what makes her so much better than my Amarant, but I'm probably just missing the obvious.

And when people draw a better unit, do you tend to keep the old one or fuse them into the new, "better" unit? What would be a reason to keep the old one outside of collection purposes?

chrono01

Well, primary account has the first real TMR - Gungnir. Secondary account at Fulan pass, and I don't even need to pull dailies from it because I'm running Vaan, Charlotte, Lightning, Shantotto, and Garnet. Pulled Ludmille and Celes as well with the initial pulls. Wierd starting at the bottom rung of the ladder though. Need to get rank up quickly so that I don't have to babysit my secondary account. Daily pulls and tickets from both accounts probably from now on.
You'll rank up quickly enough, you seem determined. It'll be interesting in seeing how each account ends up. Please tell me you managed a tank on your second account, your poor luck in that department couldn't possibly have migrated its way over there too...

I'm pondering about whether I should make a secondary account. i do want to at least go through the story without skipping all the dialogue...
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted, but there's no way I could manage both accounts. I'd probably be able, if I didn't already play more gatcha games, but as it is, one account is enough. Just have to hope for the best. >_<

Syntsui

So I finally gathered enough materials for an 5* awakening. Should I prioritize CoD or Lenna? I only have enough for one of them (fuck the drop rate of holy crystal)

linkent

Suddenly hating my account.
What is the point of all these farming if i could not win a fight?
Requiring certain character(fullbreak/celes) to beat a boss is really stupid design. :(

I used full-break but I didn't optimize my party at all for the fight. I bet you could just use an optimized team with cheer and the right debuffs, do you have magic break on Shiva?

Celegus

Can't do Dino yet, I didn't even knock off a quarter of its health. Got Cyan today and somehow my wife got Chizuru... she started playing a month or two after me and already has 3 base 4* units compared to my 0. She's definitely the lucky one between us!

I did finally get a Kefka yesterday though, bye Golbez!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I don't see why anyone would want to run a second account or restart after a certain point. You'll eventually make progress to the point where it will take months to recover and splitting between two seems like too much effort.

Like with all RNG, you're going to win some and lose some regardless.

I'm sure at a point in time, all of us will eventually get one 5* unit.

chrono01

From what I've heard, Japan will be receiving a daily rainbow crystal summon. Not sure what that entails, but maybe it's something to make it a little easier to obtain one?

But yeah, as much as I want Lightning, one account is enough and there's now ay I'm starting over. Congrats to those that managed to get her, though!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
From what I've heard, Japan will be receiving a daily rainbow crystal summon. Not sure what that entails, but maybe it's something to make it a little easier to obtain one?

Just because its happening there, does not mean it will happen here. If I recall, they did get in trouble due to legal issues, we don't have those here.

got that stupid dino down to 40% but got rocked once it started hammering physical attacks on the mages.

if only i had a full breaker......

i don't know if I should bring up Charlotte or Exdeath to add another blizzaga

scarlet

I don't see why anyone would want to run a second account or restart after a certain point. You'll eventually make progress to the point where it will take months to recover and splitting between two seems like too much effort.

Like with all RNG, you're going to win some and lose some regardless.

All those grinding for mogcakes, espers and lumbers.

I don't even know if I'd play this game in the next few months.
I was so into hearthstone, even spent money to buy adventure cards, now I don't even play it anymore.

tuffymon

All those grinding for mogcakes, espers and lumbers.

I was so into hearthstone, even spent money to buy adventure cards, now I don't even play it anymore.

You'll play what you enjoy, whether its a full fledged game, or a simple phone game. I personally do all my daily runs right at the start of the reset, than I run for tm's while playing ps4. I can keep an eye in case things go wrong, and I play more ps4 win/win~

Without a tank or full break, how are people beating the latest trial?

Even with duel wield and some other good shit, that was a tough fight. That RNG was not playing around

Lyrian

Without a tank or full break, how are people beating the latest trial?

Even with duel wield and some other good shit, that was a tough fight. That RNG was not playing around

That fight is a total crapshoot. It's a damage race with a clock that is completely random on how long you have to kill it before you lose.

can you even tank ultima without some break + guard?

Mages can with just defend. Non-casters either need a SPR buff (Focus) or a lot of HP (2500+) to survive an Ultima with only a defend. Needless to say, double healing is pretty much mandatory after facetanking an Ultima.

scarlet

Yeah I was seriously considering taking a considerable break after today but, I think I'm over my disappointment lol

You can still do daily pull Chilly, take a break if you really need it.

You'll play what you enjoy, whether its a full fledged game, or a simple phone game. I personally do all my daily runs right at the start of the reset, than I run for tm's while playing ps4. I can keep an eye in case things go wrong, and I play more ps4 win/win~

Long rant

The problem is I got bored too easily with everything. My hearthstone playing record is 3 months. And FFBE is going on 4 months and I had few burns out with the events and the thoughts of this game would take years to be"finished" already bored me.

I don't even play console anymore cuz I got bored. I bought FF VI, Tactics, Fire Emblem and never finished it :\

Lyrian

0fOXjjk.png

Hrmm... can't stack Earrings on Global?

Lyrian

Long rant

To be honest, FFBE is more of a single player MMO-style game with gacha trappings. As such, there's never really going to be an end to the game until the servers get turned off. There will always be a need to continually build stronger and stronger teams as the content in the game continues to be increase in difficulty forever and ever.

For example in PAD, good damage when the game launched was measured in thousands of damage. Nearly four years later, "ok" damage is now measured in millions of damage per unit per turn, with end-game dungeons requiring tens of millions of damage per turn to beat bosses.

So, part of the game is continually building new teams to get stronger and stronger and discovering new techniques to exploit. Otherwise, a player is going to definitely get bored with this style of game.

Falk

that puzzling face

Honestly, the best way to view all this is temporary entertainment. The whole concert vs CD analogy.

Because as invested as you are, once the servers go offline, it's al kapoof anyway.

tuffymon

The problem is I got bored too easily with everything. My hearthstone playing record is 3 months. And FFBE is going on 4 months and I had few burns out with the events and the thoughts of this game would take years to be"finished" already bored me.

I don't even play console anymore cuz I got bored. I bought FF VI, Tactics, Fire Emblem and never finished it :\

I wouldn't say I get bored, but I do like several games/genres that sometimes if I don't beat fast enough I get a backlog and well >.>;; we know how it is getting back to them. For me 6/tactics came soooooo long ago in a time when I was too young to get more than like 2 games a year~ So, I easily obliterated them, fire emblem is a bit trickier cause I don't know which you're talking about, awakening? fates? before that? /shrug

Falk

that puzzling face
I think the biggest draw of gacha games are the communities that crop up around them just due to their temporary, event-driven nature. You -need- to be playing at ______ or you miss out, which basically then compels you to do things ranging from fun to 'let's farm 80 hearts of darkness because why not'.

I mean, I doubt a vast majority of the playerbase would be playing the game if they were the only person doing it, even if gacha rates guaranteed you the units you want. Sure, you'd be able to content tourist everything, but you'd still get limited by the trickle of content vs. a regular game framework.

The pull really is different.

Valentus

So I saw a few pages back that the general consensus is that Charlotte is the best 5 star tank at the moment. Can someone explain why? I'm leveling her up and not seeing what makes her so much better than my Amarant, but I'm probably just missing the obvious.

And when people draw a better unit, do you tend to keep the old one or fuse them into the new, "better" unit? What would be a reason to keep the old one outside of collection purposes?

i explained posts before, but looks like nobody reads me lol, so ill try again with a more in depht explanation:

1.- Base stats (the 2 stats that you should care in a tank is HP, DEF, SPR)

Charlotte: 2720, 104, 104
Warrior of Light: 2713, 95, 96
Cecil: 2800, 109, 98
Amarant: 2760, 100, 80

Cecil and charlotte has almost the same stats, with marginally advantage for cecil in HP and Def.

2.- Equip (a tank needs good armor and shield and weapons that can give and advantage in defensive strategy)

Charlotte: dagger, sword, staff, mace, rod, heavy armor, heavy shield
Warrior of Light: dagger, sword, heavy sword, staff, mace, heavy armor, heavy shield
Cecil: dagger, sword, great sword, heavy armor, heavy shield
Amarant: cant equip swords, cant equip heavy armor, cant equip heavy shields

All 3 knights are equal in equipment. Amarant if far behind because he cant equip good DEF/SPR equip.

3.- Defensive skills (a good tank needs to give survivability to your team)

Charlotte: Royal Guard (50% chance cover an ally), Shellga (+40% SPR to party), Defense (+50% def to caster for 1 turn), Auto-Regen
Warrior of Light: Sentinel (30% chance to cover an ally)
Cecil: Sentinel (30% chance to cover an ally), cura
Amarant: Draw Attack (+50% chance of being targetted), Revive.

Here is where charlotte really shines and makes a difference. First her cover ability has a 50% chance to trigger, while Cecil and WoL are only 30%. Amarant has Draw Attack, but in AoE attacks that cant save an ally of death.

Second, Shellga. +40% SPR to party gives a big boost to magic defense, and plus gives a boost to your healers to cure better. The only 2 units right now in global that can give +40% SPR to party are Charlotte and Vaan (with focus).
(P.S: Im not counting LB, because in boss fights, limit breaks are very rare, and charlotte can activate shellga at free will)

Third: Sinergy of skills. All of charlotte skills have a very good sinergy. First turn Shellga, and then for 3 turns you can cast Defense and wait for Royal Guard to activate (i have to test this to verify). With Charlotte ability to equip staffs, you can equip her with a cura staff to cast cura to party, and with shellga, Charlotte can cure better. And finally, she has auto regen, so he can recover HP a bit every turn.

Charlotte as a defensive unit, is the best you can have right now in global, until Cecil gets his 6star evolution. But if you dont have a Vaan, a party with Charlotte and WoL can convive very well, using charlotte as the Tank, and WoL for the Full Break.

scarlet

To be honest, FFBE is more of a single player MMO-style game with gacha trappings. As such, there's never really going to be an end to the game until the servers get turned off. There will always be a need to continually build stronger and stronger teams as the content in the game continues to be increase in difficulty forever and ever.

For example in PAD, good damage when the game launched was measured in thousands of damage. Nearly four years later, "ok" damage is now measured in millions of damage per unit per turn, with end-game dungeons requiring tens of millions of damage per turn to beat bosses.

So, part of the game is continually building new teams to get stronger and stronger and discovering new techniques to exploit. Otherwise, a player is going to definitely get bored with this style of game.

I was more like "Can't this game release the new content sooner. I've been doing this same stuff for weeks."

Honestly, the best way to view all this is temporary entertainment. The whole concert vs CD analogy.

Because as invested as you are, once the servers go offline, it's al kapoof anyway.

I played hearthstone and exvius as a distraction from my problems :(

I wouldn't say I get bored, but I do like several games/genres that sometimes if I don't beat fast enough I get a backlog and well >.>;; we know how it is getting back to them. For me 6/tactics came soooooo long ago in a time when I was too young to get more than like 2 games a year~ So, I easily obliterated them, fire emblem is a bit trickier cause I don't know which you're talking about, awakening? fates? before that? /shrug

I loved Awakening so much and was so excited for Fates/Conquest. Decided to go with conquest. Couldn't even finished it, got so bored.

I have this habit of playing game, got so excited and invested and once they're close to end, I got bored and didn't finish it :/

chrono01

I was just thinking, it's funny how the Lightning banner changed people. Prior to the banner, myself included, was fully adamant about doing one single daily pull per day, and then using my tickets at the end of the banner, depending on how things were. Despite this, as soon as I was able to log in, I did my daily pull, blew through all of my tickets, and then a 10+1 summon in addition. I regret nothing, since I received a few units I was desperately after (Warrior of Light, Cecil, Charlotte, multiple Ludmille, and Locke), but it's humorous how my intent not to beyond my daily pull was demolished the second Lightning became possible, haha.

I even thought about maybe purchasing the 10k Lapis bundle, since people were having so much luck, but when I looked at the $100 price, as well as having memories of Chain Chronicle and it abruptly shutting down, my want immediately subsided. When I first started this game I made a vow not to go beyond what I could earn for free in the game (Lapis/Tickets-wise), while giving myself the opportunity to purchase Lapis if cheap/valuable bundles came around. $100+ definitely wasn't cheap, so I couldn't validate its worth to me.

Of course, I'm not saying Brave Exvius will suffer the same fate as Chain Chronicle (it seems to be doing very well, and with Square Enix behind, the game should have a very long and healthy future). I was merely relating the feeling of having all of my hard work (and money) essentially thrown away, when Gumi closed the servers for CC. I'll never forget the sense of regret I felt, knowing that my money was wasted, even more saddening when I had so little time with the new characters I had just earned. If Brave Exvius ever closes its doors (let's face it, nothing lasts forever, but it likely be a LONG time). the worst I'll have to worry about is the time spent. As I said, I'll spend money (as I did the Beginner's Bundle when it was offered), but not to the extent it will likely cost me to pull Lightning. I will never chase that specific unit, as that's a deep, dark hole that I'm really not interested in crawling into. Nope! I'm sticking to my belief, despite how difficult it is right now. >_<

So has anyone here resisted the temptation and managed to stick to their "one-daily-per-say" rule for the Lightning banner? If so, you're a stronger person than I!

Lyrian

I was more like "Can't this game release the new content sooner. I've been doing this same stuff for weeks."

You have to keep in mind that most of us here on GAF are power gamers in some form or another. The game is balanced with a casual audience in mind. The average player does not clear content anywhere near as fast as we do.

Will most of us have all the new content cleared by the end of this weekend? Probably. Will the average person? Not likely.

Even so, there is going to very likely be new content released this coming Friday with probably the FFT event and Enchanted Maze/Labyrinth being released.

Stuff can only come out so fast without blowing everyone else in the dust.

Lyrian

So has anyone here resisted the temptation and managed to stick to their "one-daily-per-say" rule for the Lightning banner? If so, you're a stronger person than I!

So far, I've only thrown a half price pull at this. Got a troll gold this morning.

Just looking for one of Ludmille and Charlotte by the end of the banner. Knowing me, I'll have can't-pull-CoD luck on this banner as well.

Can't predict the future, but FFBE probably has a lifeline behind it with SquareEnix that most gachas don't have that should give the game some legs. As you note though, nothing is forever, and someday it will all be over for the game. Until then, just enjoy the ride, celebrate the unexpected wins, and endure the inevitable salty tears from bad RNG runs at the gacha.

CCIE

Banned
Well, I'm starting the second island on account two... And the reason I kept the account was because of Lightning and Charlotte. Ludmille, Vaan, Celes, and Garnett were just a bonus. Shantotto is the only Mage at this time, though I expect that to change. My primary is still my main (have to pull Charlotte), but the secondary has a LOT of promise. And already more than 3K lapis saved up. Still, brutal starting over so unless this account is blessed it will remain secondary - for now.

Lightning is okay, but I think Fencer is a better unit at 5*

On account #1 Gungnir get!!!

chrono01

Until then, just enjoy the ride, celebrate the unexpected wins, and endure the inevitable salty tears from bad RNG runs at the gacha.
This is so accurate, haha. The right mindset to take towards the game too.

Well, I'm starting the second island on account two... And the reason I kept the account was because of Lightning and Charlotte. Ludmille, Vaan, Celes, and Garnett were just a bonus. Shantotto is the only Mage at this time, though I expect that to change. My primary is still my main (have to pull Charlotte), but the secondary has a LOT of promise. And already more than 3K lapis saved up. Still, brutal starting over so unless this account is blessed it will remain secondary - for now.

I'm relieved to see your no-tank curse didn't spread to your alternate. Also, you got Gungnir already? HOW!?

Good luck to you, on pulling Charlotte (or Cecil/WoL/Leo/Amarant/etc.) on your main!

Lyrian

Grats on the TM!

Lyrian

Who in the universe thought that the design of the
airship factory
exploration was a good idea?

The zone is a pain to traverse, the encounter rate is abysmally low, and
the Guardian wants to make me pull my hair out of my head (even when fighting it legitimately)
. Cleared the exploration for chests and quests once and never coming back here ever.

tuffymon

I was just thinking, it's funny how the Lightning banner changed people. Prior to the banner, myself included, was fully adamant about doing one single daily pull per day, and then using my tickets at the end of the banner, depending on how things were. Despite this, as soon as I was able to log in, I did my daily pull, blew through all of my tickets, and then a 10+1 summon in addition. I regret nothing, since I received a few units I was desperately after (Warrior of Light, Cecil, Charlotte, multiple Ludmille, and Locke), but it's humorous how my intent not to beyond my daily pull was demolished the second Lightning became possible, haha.

I even thought about maybe purchasing the 10k Lapis bundle, since people were having so much luck, but when I looked at the $100 price, as well as having memories of Chain Chronicle and it abruptly shutting down, my want immediately subsided. When I first started this game I made a vow not to go beyond what I could earn for free in the game (Lapis/Tickets-wise), while giving myself the opportunity to purchase Lapis if cheap/valuable bundles came around. $100+ definitely wasn't cheap, so I couldn't validate its worth to me.

Of course, I'm not saying Brave Exvius will suffer the same fate as Chain Chronicle (it seems to be doing very well, and with Square Enix behind, the game should have a very long and healthy future). I was merely relating the feeling of having all of my hard work (and money) essentially thrown away, when Gumi closed the servers for CC. I'll never forget the sense of regret I felt, knowing that my money was wasted, even more saddening when I had so little time with the new characters I had just earned. If Brave Exvius ever closes its doors (let's face it, nothing lasts forever, but it likely be a LONG time). the worst I'll have to worry about is the time spent. As I said, I'll spend money (as I did the Beginner's Bundle when it was offered), but not to the extent it will likely cost me to pull Lightning. I will never chase that specific unit, as that's a deep, dark hole that I'm really not interested in crawling into. Nope! I'm sticking to my belief, despite how difficult it is right now. >_<

tldr... just kidding :p Seeing all the luck made me swing for the fences, and glad I did. Secondly, you cut me deep bringing up CC, I thought that game had a lot of promise and it just poof vanished one day T.T. Seeing how far ahead the JP server was, I didn't imagine it going down... not like that anyways~

bonkeng

In other news, Rikku seems OP.

Both Altema and Famitsu ranked her higher and equal to Lightning, respectively.

Not a bad banner, Tidus, Rikku, Wakka.

chrono01

tldr... just kidding :p Seeing all the luck made me swing for the fences, and glad I did. Secondly, you cut me deep bringing up CC, I thought that game had a lot of promise and it just poof vanished one day T.T. Seeing how far ahead the JP server was, I didn't imagine it going down... not like that anyways~
It might sound like salt, but I really am happy to see so many here manage to get Lightning. I was afraid this place would be filled with despair, but thankfully, it's lacking in that department.

Sorry for bringing up CC, it's a sore subject for myself as well. Lots of history with that game, so having it suddenly shut down was, needless to say, depressing. It was doing so well too! Version 2 had just launched, along with new areas to explore and characters classes. :(

bonkeng

It might sound like salt, but I really am happy to see so many here manage to get Lightning. I was afraid this place would be filled with despair, but thankfully, it's lacking in that department.

Sorry for bringing up CC, it's a sore subject for myself as well. Lots of history with that game, so having it suddenly shut down was, needless to say, depressing. It was doing so well too! Version 2 had just launched, along with new areas to explore and characters classes. :(

CC :(

I spent a few hundred on that game, only to be shut down 3 months later. That game traumatised me. That's why I'm not spending money on ffbe yet, until maybe Orlandu.

Lyrian

Junkyard
is a nice, simple, and easy (except for the bosses) exploration. Bring an ice nuke for Grenades. No status ailments from anything at all until the bosses.

10687 gil /69400 unit xp/557 rank xp (39.8 per energy). Drops Black Megacites for Diabolos and Ice Megacrysts for Hero Rings.

Nice.

Will be visiting that exploration more often in the future. Zzz time for Lyrian.

desverger

Looks like the notable silver chests on the new content are:

Spirit Slayer - Junkyard
Tiger Mask Recipe - Wind Shrine

Nothing else really strikes me as necessary. I still have 9 keys left from those summer bundles, so those two seem like good buys.

Mages can with just defend. Non-casters either need a SPR buff (Focus) or a lot of HP (2500+) to survive an Ultima with only a defend. Needless to say, double healing is pretty much mandatory after facetanking an Ultima.
I used magic break through Shivas 2* (I think?) and defend and all my units survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom