• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

I just don't think I can the new trial with my current team. He's stopped doing Snort on the 2nd turn every time, but I just get wiped by Ultima because I don't have anyone who can cast Shell.

Edit; Scratch that, Vaan has Focus. Keep forgetting SPR seems to be the same thing as Shell in this.
All three will likely get 6* but you never know, they may toss in a Beatrix or Eiko for shits and giggles.

I'd like a Beatrix.

Valentus

I feel like Zidane, Garnet and Kuja all have priority before him.

Yeah, but lets not forget Alim in the past, with Brave Frontier, did a poll asking the players, what units you want to give a Omni Evolution (the maximun evolution in Brave Frontier) and 3 of the most voted units get indeed a omni evolution.

Alim can do the same in the future, and i can assure you that Amarant can be in the top 3 choices.

Zafir

Did the trial boss. Really close, one more turn and I'd have lost. Only had two people left due to Snort taking 3, and there was going to be an Ultima coming which I couldn't survive through as Vaan was the one of the Snorted and I can only survive it with Full Break + Focus up.

Vaan MVP.

Rixa

Took me around 30mins to read all the posts in this thread from last night to this point :D

Oh, with all of the Lightning pulls, I forgot to post mine.

1/2 daily - Rainbow Crystal - Hayate :/

Tickets x5

Cyan x3
Bedile
Galuf
Ludmille

Then, after seeing all of these amazing posts, I figured I'd do a single 10+1. I know I said I wouldn't, but eh...

- 4* Kain (dupe)
- 5* Warrior of Light (WHAT!?)
- 3* Maria (dupe)
- 3* Ludmille (#2, one more would be nice...)
- 3* Rydia
- 3* Ludmille (there it is, no more need for Ludmille!)
- 3* Rydia
- 3* Locke (new)
- 3* Cecil (new)
- 3* Charlotte (new)

- 3* Penelo (new)
Grats, now you really are rocking \o/. Ps keep the Penelo, her tm will be important later on :D.
Yeah I was seriously considering taking a considerable break after today but, I think I'm over my disappointment lol

0fOXjjk.png

Hrmm... can't stack Earrings on Global?
Wut? Hopefully you can :/
CCIE you go straight to fucking hell!!

I pulled another god damn Zidane, I just want one Lud ; ;

How many fucking Dual Wields do I need!?!!
Out of 8 pulls in this banner I have got 4 Charlottes, I could give you 3 and you give me 1 Zidane (dont have one) ok? :D
Man that new Trial Boss isnt easy...cant even imagine beating without Full Breal - better get Rain 6* fast for the Global peeps who still dont have a Full Break unit.
Do you have Celes?
Sorry I missed this from before! This is a perfect summary. Many thanks!!

I'm just starting to level up Charlotte in earnest. Is there any reason for me to keep my max level Amarant st this point other than collection reasons? Because fusing him would net serious exp.
Yeah, but lets not forget Alim in the past, with Brave Frontier, did a poll asking the players, what units you want to give a Omni Evolution (the maximun evolution in Brave Frontier) and 3 of the most voted units get indeed a omni evolution.

Alim can do the same in the future, and i can assure you that Amarant can be in the top 3 choices.

1. Getting unit xp in this game is piss easy.
2. Getting unit that can go to 5* aint so easy.
-> Amarant _might_ get 6* later on.

Would be very stupid to feed maxed Amarant just for exp.

What's the consensus on getting an earring to replace a Hero Ring on an ExDeath right now?
I will slap one to Exdeath as I get to shop. Doing story only 3 battles per day (for daily quests).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. Did we ever find out who that interview thing went for (sorry I can't remember his username)?

2. Daily Pull: 2nd Charlotte!

3. There's no wrong way to play a game! Always believed you have to approach any artwork the way it brings you the most joy. If that means multiple accounts, automating, re-rolling, etc., then have yourself a time. For me I find a lot of joy not doing any of those things, not because I judge those or am afraid the game would take over my life, but because I can really milk this game (and many games) as long as possible.

4. Current status: Working a mix of:
-- finishing new story content
-- leveling my new bests (Charlotte, Kefka, Ludmille, CoD)
-- maxing my previous bests / 5*s (Garland, Leo, Kuja, Fina, Terra)
-- pulling one daily and nothing else!

I think after that I'll get to dedicated esper leveling and TM farming.

5. Sorry about your luck yesterday, Chilly!

Lyrian

Yeah, Player's Choice evolutions are definitely a thing. Uncommon, mind you, but they should start happening later in FFBE's life.

bonkeng

Is there a list of best possible equipment set ups for the various classes? DPS / Tank / Healer / Support / Mage?

Dps: Dual Wield, Excalibur, Sakurafubuke, Black Cowl, Black Belt Gi, Hero Ring x 2, Blade Mastery, atk Materia.

Mage: highest mag equipment available. Dual Cast, Mag +30% materia.

Tank: Def and HP gears.

Support: maybe same as tank.

Healer: highest spr gear + def gear. Dual Cast. Spr materia.

Lyrian

1. Did we ever find out who that interview thing went for (sorry I can't remember his username)?

That would be me.

Short answer: I don't know yet. Longer answer: I think I did well overall, and feel fairly confident in my prospects.

This year, the vetting process got thrown a curveball. Different for this year, the first round of weeding candidates this year is done through unique websites for each job. So, the primary objective here was to plan a route to hit all the desirable targets, present the needed elevator pitch, and hopefully win access to the information needed to get past the first round flash interviews.

Unlike FFBE (lol), I proudly min-maxed that event. Hit all of the "rainbow crystal" tier positions, plus a fair number of the "gold crystal" positions before I felt "full" and called it day. Still had half an hour on my clock to boot.

So, while waiting on energy today, I'll be filling out formal petitions for each of the positions I won access to yesterday. This.... is going to take me awhile. Better stop slacking then, as the deadline to fill out all the petitions on the websites is Monday.

Most there said that Second Round interviews for the roles in question should start in about two weeks or so.

Lyrian

Thanks again guys, rng is rng, we can only do so much!!

And Rixa I would happily throw all these god damn Zidanes!

^^^

Lyrian god damnit!!

Trade you for a Zidane?

Where and how to get those earrings? Need one for exdeath.

Fat Chocobo in the last town (Kolts Town) in the newly released content. Costs 50 Star Quartz per Earrings, but no long-term limit on how many you can purchase. May not be stackable on the same unit, however (in the future; I doubt most have 100 quartz - I didn't).

It feels odd having Garland equip Excalibur...I need his 6* already go damnit!

Good to hear Lyrian, I keep telling myself I gave you all of my good luck for my pulls >.> I did a séance for you.

Lyrian

Anyone get to the end of the content yet and finish the Earth Key collection yet? (I'm still about 6-8 hours of energy away from this).

Reddit seems to be claiming that the Earth Key collection reward was double nerfed. Even though the game graphically shows the player the Thief Bracer being handed to them, the prize is apparently not the bracer, but the Holy Lance with nerfed stats from JP.

Sucks royally, if true.

Dusky

I failed and succumbed to temptation. It was all worth it.

Did an 11 pull...got Lightning!

Pretty chuffed.

Congrats to everyone else who got great pulls. To those who didn't don't fear, your time is coming.

c-murph

Anyone get to the end of the content yet and finish the Earth Key collection yet? (I'm still about 6-8 hours of energy away from this).

Reddit seems to be claiming that the Earth Key collection reward was double nerfed. Even though the game graphically shows the player the Thief Bracer being handed to them, the prize is apparently not the bracer, but the Holy Lance with nerfed stats from JP.

Sucks royally, if true.

Well, on the plus side they really haven't screw us over too badly on anything. So, maybe we'll get the bracer elsewhere.

Zalasta

So has anyone here resisted the temptation and managed to stick to their "one-daily-per-say" rule for the Lightning banner? If so, you're a stronger person than I!

I guess I'm in the minority since I only do the daily pull, even though I have 30+ tickets and 10K lapis saved up. It helps when you are not after a specific unit, all I really hope for everyday is someone I don't have already, but my luck has been pretty bad since I started playing 2 months ago, I lack most of the popular units people talk about here. Another thing that helps is to keep a tight control of your unit slots. I'm at 64/65, since I'm more of a collector I keep one of each of the characters I've maxed out, even if they are only 3* (the only standard unit I lack is Sarah).

I do think about doing the 10+1 at times, but that would require me to spend an additional 200 lapis to expand my slots, which then kind of kill the temptation for me.

Razmos

Fuck that hurts. Right in the damn heart. All this needed was a Penelo and it would literally be rock bottom.

The only saving graces are the fact that it's an extra 5% for my Shantotto's (I already have 5) and I finally have Firion.

Kouriozan

Cheers man! I feel like that's all my luck used for the year...
Late congrats!
Also, Valentus told me that after I got WoL and a second Chizuru
good pull, congrats, but karma is a bitch, so prepare those 80 pulls for light/orlandu/luneth xD

I even said this
Yeah, I'm considering skipping Lightning now x)

But you just gotta keep faith in your luck!
To be honest, I wasn't even going for Lightning, just wanted at least 2 Ludmille.
Yesterday I got Anzelm or something with daily and said to myself "oh well let's just do a single 11 pull" and got my 2 Ludmille and Lightning, I still can't believe it!

Lyrian

Fuck that hurts. Right in the damn heart. All this needed was a Penelo and it would literally be rock bottom.

Holy..... wtf?

Fran and Sabin and Krille and Cyan and Anzlem and Vivi and Lani....

My god, I'm so sorry about your extraordinary unfortunate luck on that 11 pull :/

Valentus

Late congrats!
Also, Valentus told me that after I got WoL and a second Chizuru

I even said this

But you just gotta keep faith in your luck!
To be honest, I wasn't even going for Lightning, just wanted at least 2 Ludmille.
Yesterday I got Anzelm or something with daily and said to myself "oh well let's just do a single 11 pull" and got my 2 Ludmille and Lightning, I still can't believe it!

Considering how people made 80 pulls for lightning and nothing, we all are very lucky to have her. I hope i can keep this up until luneth/refia/orlandu, because lightning drop is 1,5%, but thats because there was no 4star base units in the poll.

When the FFIII appears, Refia, a base 4star unit will be there and she will have the 1,5% drop rate, and im afraid that luneth will have the nasty 0,5%

Zafir

I think I did literally use all my luck when I got my Chizuru when she was first put in way back when. No Base 4 or above since then lol.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thinking it over a bit, I have decided to remove it from my phone and laptop, but I will keep it on my Desktop.

I'm going to treat it like a normal game now, rather than a mobile game, which is where I feel like my issues have been coming from. I still enjoy it, but I've definitely made it too big of a habit, rather than a piece of entertainment to slowly consume. By having the ability to take it anywhere, has made me spend too much time on it.

Thinking it over a bit, I have decided to remove it from my phone and laptop, but I will keep it on my Desktop.

I'm going to treat it like a normal game now, rather than a mobile game, which is where I feel like my issues have been coming from. I still enjoy it, but I've definitely made it too big of a habit, rather than a piece of entertainment to slowly consume. By having the ability to take it anywhere, has made me spend too much time on it.

Well don't you abandon us completely, we like you here! Good to know you were able to identify it as a too frequent habit as opposed to an obsession!

Has there been any talk of some sort of guild/raid/multiplayer mode of any type coming to this game at any point?

PVP!

Razmos

Holy..... wtf?

Fran and Sabin and Krille and Cyan and Anzlem and Vivi and Lani....

My god, I'm so sorry about your extraordinary unfortunate luck on that 11 pull :/
I paid for it too :p
I got a bonus from work so I thought why the hell not

That's why not, haha

CCIE

Banned
Chilly - I would kill for a Zidane ( just one ) , or a freaking tank. You will pull your Ludmile. I can't get the bitch to leave me alone

Lyrian

That boss at the end of
Galebreak

That classic FF nostalgia right in the feels.... followed by lots of anger. Especially right after Brachiosaurus yesterday.

Was all good though, as it dropped a shiny Sacred Crystal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom