• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Okay, I still love my primary account... Killer Bow get. Working on Diablos now, and hopefully pull Charlotte in the next hour
How sad is it that Lenna gets the killer bow for now

Kouriozan

FFBE is rank 20 in top grossing in US app store atm.

the thirst for lightning is here.
Gumi : mission complete!
Just looked at the French app store ranking, and it's XIIIth top grossing, hmm...

V0AN8IRl.jpg

Okay, I still love my primary account... Killer Bow get. Working on Diablos now, and hopefully pull Charlotte in the next hour
Sincerely hope you'll get her!

CCIE

Banned
Anyone else think Lightning is a little overhyped? Her attacks are okay, certainly no better than Chizuru. But she is pretty damn cool

Anyone else think Lightning is a little overhyped? Her attacks are okay, certainly no better than Chizuru. But she is pretty damn cool

Yeah, seeing her in motion really doesn't help. Then again I wasn't very hyped about her from the videos either. Now Orlandu was the one that went from me being "who the hell is that" to " I will spend everything to get him" after seeing him in videos.

chrono01

I've been reading up on Tilith, she seems...pretty damn important. It's kind of scary, since she's a limited-time character. I'm worried I won't be able to pull her, especially since she's a 4* base. :(

Kouriozan

Lightning does lack a strong skill, at least she'll get exclusive abilities in the FF 13 event (ATK/MAG +10%, DEF/SPR +10% and a stronger Thundaga that reduce thunder resist by 50%.)
Her skill enhancements that JP recently got sounds good, too, like Crushing Blow +1 is stronger than barrage, and +2 reduce thunder resist by 75%.
I've been reading up on Tilith, she seems...pretty damn important. It's kind of scary, since she's a limited-time character. I'm worried I won't be able to pull her, especially since she's a 4* base. :(
I guess the good news is that she'll come back for her 6* upgrade, I'm just going to do dailies at first and see what to do the last day.

Zafir

Daily pull, another Ludmille

Probably.

I just wanted her as one of the few BE characters I care about getting. It's not even a power level thing, really, that's just a nice benefit.

I unlike many people never really played Tactics(it didn't come out in Europe on PS is the reason why), so I have no investment in any of those characters, thus I'm not even bothered. Honestly, the same can be said for a lot of the early FF characters, I have gone back and played quite a few of them, but I'd say my interest in them is far lower than what would have been if I'd have played them when I was a kid.

TLDR Europe sucks.

CCIE

Banned
This primary account is fucking cursed!!!! Daily draw, another Ludmille. Spend a ticket - a third Ludmille. What the hell do I have to do to draw a tank on this freaking account?!?!!!

Another daily pull, another Edgar, truly the gods are smiling on me. Edgar will become the 1st 7 star unit, it is known.

oh and fuck Clyne.

scarlet

This primary account is fucking cursed!!!! Daily draw, another Ludmille. Spend a ticket - a third Ludmille. What the hell do I have to do to draw a tank on this freaking account?!?!!!

And somehow I'm tank magnet

Just pulled another Charlotte. Now I have 6 charlotte. 5 of them are 4*, 2 Cecil and 1 WoL.

I just want a physical attacker.

chrono01

I just pulled another Ludmille myself. She seems really common. :/

CCIE

Banned
Charlotte is supposed to be an easy pull... on my second account she came right up. I'm going to end up having to abandon my primary account at this rate. This borders on ridiculous now.

Zafir

Charlotte is supposed to be an easy pull... on my second account she came right up. I'm going to end up having to abandon my primary account at this rate. This borders on ridiculous now.

I think you'll get one eventually.

I went tankless for months and months as well, then I got about 4 in a row, and have gotten quite a few Charlottes.

chrono01

It does seem a bit surprising. Personally, I've only pulled one of her so far, so she hasn't been extremely abundant on my end either. Granted, I've only done one 10+1 pull, two dailies, and five tickets...

I really hope you get her soon. Your main account deserves a tank already, damn it!

UrSuLeTzU

I pulled a Fran and Anzelm from this banner, I had a chain of 25 daily trash pulls and I ain't even mad since I one shotted Brachi going in blind, heh. Since I already have a pretty OP selection of characters from being F2P I just decided to enjoy the game for what it is and take any great characters I pull from now on as gravy. Having said that, the only other irl friend who plays this game and got Lightning after 3 ticket pulls can go burn in hell with the rest of the day one half draw lucky bastards who sold their soul to the devil :D

bonkeng

Main Daily: Galuf

Alt Daily: WoL

By now I'm not surprised. Alt always gets the good stuff. Have every 6* capable except Lightning.

Ourobolus

Banned
Not pulling Lightning or anything other than Charlotte from my first day (and a few tix), but other than that I've pulled an Exdeath and a Garland (today!), and I don't have either, so yay.

chrono01

I pulled a Fran and Anzelm from this banner, I had a chain of 25 daily trash pulls and I ain't even mad since I one shotted Brachi going in blind, heh. Since I already have a pretty OP selection of characters from being F2P I just decided to enjoy the game for what it is and take any great characters I pull from now on as gravy. Having said that, the only other irl friend who plays this game and got Lightning after 3 ticket pulls can go burn in hell with the rest of the day one half draw lucky bastards who sold their soul to the devil :D
Haha, congrats on clearing Brachi. Sounds like you have a solid team now, so it's all good.

I agree, we all want more of the OP characters, but it's best to take things in stride. All will come with time (maybe).

By now I'm not surprised. Alt always gets the good stuff. Have every 6* capable except Lightning.
Transfer your alt luck to your main, now!

Not pulling Lightning or anything other than Charlotte from my first day (and a few tix), but other than that I've pulled an Exdeath and a Garland (today!), and I don't have either, so yay.
Congrats x2 to you!

tuffymon

At what point does the alt become the main? :p

Waiting for this last energy to level up (at 2 xp...), so i can burn some and zzz... I wish the best on pulls!

side note of curiousity...
(I'd love to know the avg pulls a day on the server vs lightnings release...)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
While I'm enjoying the game, I think I'm going to quit soon or start to play it more casually. I really do feel like I've been spending too much time play this and it's become a bit more of an obsession.

tuffymon

How i wish.

I've put more effort on my main. But my alt is stealing all the luck.

Depends on whichever gets the 5* base first. Might be Lightning, might be Orlandu. Not that I'm expecting to get a 5* soon. Haven't even seen a single Rainbow yet.

Means I'm still playing both daily lol.

I can understand that, my first ever rainbow happened yesterday. It's bound to happen eventually, I wish you the best whenever that day comes~

chrono01

While I'm enjoying the game, I think I'm going to quit soon or start to play it more casually. I really do feel like I've been spending too much time play this and it's become a bit more of an obsession.
Anyone who knows me knows I play too many of this style of game, haha. It really can become an addiction, and a massive time-sink, if you let it.

The beauty of this game, is that you can play casually and still get a lot out of it. Outside of grinding for EVERY single item available during an event, it doesn't take an especially long time (at least so far) to get the true exclusive items, and aside from events (and the odd story release), the other quests can be done at your leisure. Just don't go hardcore into TM grinding or anything like that, let it all come naturally.

Ultimately, it's up to you. I'd hate to see you, or anyone else here, quit the game, but if you feel it's what's best for you, that's all you can really do. These are games after all.

As for poor RNG on random pulls...can't really do much there except hope for the best, prepare for the worst. The crystal change should (eventually) help things, but it'll be a while until then. :/

I'm a little sad I didn't get lightning majority of players probably feel the same way as me. But most of us have worked hard to obtain future proof units. Don't be discouraged about this banner. RNG is RNG every two weeks or so from now on there will be a new top tier 6* character banner. You will eventually get one and others won't because it's RNG.

TLDR: You most likely are future proof, focus on that and you will still have fun with the game. The RNG gods will eventually gift you some good stuff.

bonkeng

I'm a little sad I didn't get lightning majority of players probably feel the same way as me. But most of us have worked hard to obtain future proof units. Don't be discouraged about this banner. RNG is RNG every two weeks or so from now on there will be a new top tier 6* character banner. You will eventually get one and others won't because it's RNG.

TLDR: You most likely are future proof, focus on that and you will still have fun with the game. The RNG gods will eventually gift you some good stuff.

This baffles me as well.

Ay reddit, one player pulled 5* Chizu and WoL in succession. He's planning to quit because no Lightning.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

chrono01

This is how I'm trying to feel. I really wanted Lightning, but it's either keep pouring money into the game to continue the pulls (which I won't do), re-roll and give up everything I've put in so far (which I also won't do), or let things be and look towards the future.

That being said, not having Lightning is like having an itch that you can't scratch. It's been nagging at me all day, haha.

New characters will always be released. Trying to go for each one as they become available and, if you fail, re-roll and start all over again, nothing would ever get done. It all becomes pointless. If you have a handful of 6*-capable characters, that's all you really need.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Reading the last couple pages was fun - first off grats to everyone who got Lightning or at least some pulls that satisfied them.

I pulled 6 times yesterday and got Charlotte, Ludmile, Miyuki and Shantotto si im happy with the pulls.

There really is no need to get depressed out not getting L - most of us here have at least like 5 units that will get 6* versions sooner or later. We are still very early in this games meta - there will be plenty of OP units in the future and sooner or later you will get lucky.

If you guys seriously want a banner to pull on go for the Refia or Tillith Banner.

Refia banner is better because Luneth is also on that banner. But I would definitely at least do daily pulls on both.

Top tier healers become super important later on. This game likes to throw amazing DPS at you a lot more than other things.

Otherwise I would keep daily pulling on this lightning banner for dual cast TM. Once you get 2 you should be ok.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Anyone who knows me knows I play too many of this style of game, haha. It really can become an addiction, and a massive time-sink, if you let it.

The beauty of this game, is that you can play casually and still get a lot out of it. Outside of grinding for EVERY single item available during an event, it doesn't take an especially long time (at least so far) to get the true exclusive items, and aside from events (and the odd story release), the other quests can be done at your leisure. Just don't go hardcore into TM grinding or anything like that, let it all come naturally.

Ultimately, it's up to you. I'd hate to see you, or anyone else here, quit the game, but if you feel it's what's best for you, that's all you can really do. These are games after all.

As for poor RNG on random pulls...can't really do much there except hope for the best, prepare for the worst. The crystal change should (eventually) help things, but it'll be a while until then. :/

Ignoring personal time commitments and realizing it is distracting me during class, has adjusted my sleeping patterns(I've been waking up for daily pulls...), and all around has become more of a chore. I'd rather squash it too since I do feel like it has begun to affect my desire at other bits. Part of the reason why I stay away from gambling is, I know my addictive habits.

But referring to the game itself.

The more I sink into the game, the more I'm left with a sort of fast food feeling. It is in the end a fairly shallow pond that goes far out. It's become more of a habit, rather than an enjoyment. There is no skill level, as much as it is based on proper step up, planning, and luck(both with status effects and unit pulling).

Now, I have no problem is that. I've played EvE Online and other titles, which are heavily similar. But in the end, the only real pay off here has been getting a lucky draw. I beat the Brach, but it felt empty. I know it will catch up, but I don't particularly care to stick around for a pointless grind. If I want to point a finger, I feel much of it comes from being so far behind the JPN release of content. The roadmap is already there and it's very unattractive to follow it, rather than discover it. Nor does the battle system really allow for some depth. It consists of solely chaining attacks properly.

For me, it's never been about RNG as much as the general lack of content.

I got 80days of play from it, didn't spend a cent. I'm happy.

chrono01

Ignoring personal time commitments and realizing it is distracting me during class, has adjusted my sleeping patterns(I've been waking up for daily pulls...), and all around has become more of a chore. I'd rather squash it too since I do feel like it has begun to affect my desire at other bits. Part of the reason why I stay away from gambling is, I know my addictive habits.

But referring to the game itself.

The more I sink into the game, the more I'm left with a sort of fast food feeling. It is in the end a fairly shallow pond that goes far out. It's become more of a habit, rather than an enjoyment. There is no skill level, as much as it is based on proper step up, planning, and luck(both with status effects and unit pulling).

Now, I have no problem is that. I've played EvE Online and other titles, which are heavily similar. But in the end, the only real pay off here has been getting a lucky draw. I beat the Brach, but it felt empty. I know it will catch up, but I don't particularly care to stick around for a pointless grind. If I want to point a finger, I feel much of it comes from being so far behind the JPN release of content. The roadmap is already there and it's very unattractive to follow it, rather than discover it. Nor does the battle system really allow for some depth. It consists of solely chaining attacks properly.

For me, it's never been about RNG as much as the general lack of content.

I got 80days of play from it, didn't spend a cent. I'm happy.
Fair enough! It sounds like you have your reasons, and legit ones at that.

At the very least, maybe keep the game around and log in daily for the free items? You never know when more of your free-time might become available, and you could (potentially) have a lot of saved up Lapis waiting for you if you decide to return. That's assuming you don't plan on a cold break to sever all ties (and addiction) to it.

Charlotte as a defensive unit, is the best you can have right now in global, until Cecil gets his 6star evolution. But if you dont have a Vaan, a party with Charlotte and WoL can convive very well, using charlotte as the Tank, and WoL for the Full Break.

Sorry I missed this from before! This is a perfect summary. Many thanks!!

I'm just starting to level up Charlotte in earnest. Is there any reason for me to keep my max level Amarant st this point other than collection reasons? Because fusing him would net serious exp.

Zafir

The whole reason I'm not bothering with alt accounts is I don't want gacha games to take over my life. I play a few, but I still want to enjoy other games and I don't want it to affect the rest of my life.

I have a bit of an obsessive personality. Fortunately I'm also pretty lazy so if anything gets too tiring, that cancels out the obsession. :p Feel for anyone who doesn't have that though.

I go through periods where I'm literally just logging in for the daily/daily pull/gifts. Prior to the mog event, I think I stopped actively playing for a good number of weeks, and just logged in daily.

This is how I'm trying to feel. I really wanted Lightning, but it's either keep pouring money into the game to continue the pulls (which I won't do), re-roll and give up everything I've put in so far (which I also won't do), or let things be and look towards the future.

That being said, not having Lightning is like having an itch that you can't scratch. It's been nagging at me all day, haha.

New characters will always be released. Trying to go for each one as they become available and, if you fail, re-roll and start all over again, nothing would ever get done. It all becomes pointless. If you have a handful of 6*-capable characters, that's all you really need.

I think I've gotten over it.

Was disappointed I didn't get Lightning yesterday. I think that was compounded by the fact it was a day where literally everything else also went wrong.

Now I'm just kind of, eh, whatever.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man that new Trial Boss isnt easy...cant even imagine beating without Full Breal - better get Rain 6* fast for the Global peeps who still dont have a Full Break unit.

Dusky

Got trolled by a rainbow crystal this morning, turned out to be Cecil.

Still pretty happy with it as it's the first Cecil i've pulled!

CCIE you go straight to fucking hell!!

I pulled another god damn Zidane, I just want one Lud ; ;

How many fucking Dual Wields do I need!?!!

Also I maxed out my slots for friends so those who don't have me, add away! 325,101,195

Zafir

Man that new Trial Boss isnt easy...cant even imagine beating without Full Breal - better get Rain 6* fast for the Global peeps who still dont have a Full Break unit.

Yeah I just tried it with Full Break and got rekt because Vaan got kicked away. Two meteors in a row, lol.

Do you even get people back from that Snort? You can get really unlucky if it takes a key member out...

Yeah I just tried it with Full Break and got rekt. Two meteors in a row, lol.

Do you even get people back from that Snort? You can get really unlucky if it takes a key member out...

I had to keep retrying until he stopped snorting prior to getting him to half health. They never came back for the duration of the battle and towards the end he snorted out a second person. Thankfully I was close to killing him when that second person was snorted away.

Zafir

I had to keep retrying until he stopped snorting prior to getting him to half health. They never came back for the duration of the battle and towards the end he snorted out a second person. Thankfully I was close to killing him when that second person was snorted away.

Yeah, I just got him to half health then he took a second person.

If he keeps doing that I just don't know what you do to win unless you've got a TM level team or something.

Even worse you don't get items back that you used in the fight like you would in a normal FF game. :(

Valentus

Watching Kongbakpao's pull videos is kinda entertaining, this guy is really unlucky x)

Theres no more bad luck than the guy that did 190 summons and didnt get a lightning.

Sorry I missed this from before! This is a perfect summary. Many thanks!!

I'm just starting to level up Charlotte in earnest. Is there any reason for me to keep my max level Amarant st this point other than collection reasons? Because fusing him would net serious exp.

I dont know what your units are, but in general you should keep your amarant because we never know when a unit gets an upgrade. The FFIX event can even give Amarant a 6star upgrade in JP, who knows.

Zafir

I dont know what your units are, but in general you should keep your amarant because we never know when a unit gets an upgrade. The FFIX event can even give Amarant a 6star upgrade in JP, who knows.

I feel like Zidane, Garnet and Kuja all have priority before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom