• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuran

Banned
I'm really glad the newest Shin Megami Tensei IV came out this week. That fact that I had to spent over $70 on that game (along with Dragon Quest 7 last week) prevented me from putting down money for Lightning and going all out.

The best form of self control is reminding yourself you don't want to be poor.

Valus

Anyone get to the end of the content yet and finish the Earth Key collection yet? (I'm still about 6-8 hours of energy away from this).

Reddit seems to be claiming that the Earth Key collection reward was double nerfed. Even though the game graphically shows the player the Thief Bracer being handed to them, the prize is apparently not the bracer, but the Holy Lance with nerfed stats from JP.

Sucks royally, if true.

I can confirm. I couldn't figure out where I got that holy lance, but now it makes sense. It did say I got a thief bracer but now that I'm looking for it, I don't actually have it. The holy lance is 60 atk no element.

And yes, there's a lot of FFVI love in this story patch.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Lid learns Focus ? Thats pretty awesome for someone without Vaan. Guess i have no excuse not to invest more in my mages down the line.
Do you have Celes?

Sadly no...but i can beat the stage with my units, this was more about people without access to Full Break and/or Celes xD

Skii

I just started playing this game seriously and I need some help. How do I tell which units have the potential to become 5 stars (i.e the better units)? I can't really tell what are the banner units that I have because some come as 3/4 stars. I've had the game since day one but only log in to pull. Now I'm actually going to play story so want to know which units I have are worth using.

I can post a screenshot of my units if that would help.

tuffymon

I just started playing this game seriously and I need some help. How do I tell which units have the potential to become 5 stars (i.e the better units)? I can't really tell what are the banner units that I have because some come as 3/4 stars. I've had the game since day one but only log in to pull. Now I'm actually going to play story so want to know which units I have are worth using.

You can happily post a screen shot of said units, and other notables and people will gladly give you an opinion.

I highly suggest taking a look at https://exviuswiki.com/Main_Page it's very useful.

Valentus

You can looks at the units currently in global here:

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_List

There you will see the base rarity and the max rarity of each unit.

You can post a SS of your units to tell you which ones are worth of invest time.

Lyrian

Unit power rankings --> Here

Scroll down towards the bottom of the page for premium units that max out at 4*.

EDIT: Beaten by the more nimble Valentus, heh.

Vashetti

Banned
Current party

MbNytJs.png

Units

Should I swap anyone out?

tuffymon

You may want charlotte in at some point to tank hard content, otherwise you have a strong team already with several notables and good tm units hiding in there as well.

units
kefka
tellah
charlotte

tm
hayate
shantotto
ludmille
kain

NomarTyme

That boss at the end of
Galebreak

That classic FF nostalgia right in the feels.... followed by lots of anger. Especially right after Brachiosaurus yesterday.

Was all good though, as it dropped a shiny Sacred Crystal. :)
Dude is tough. Brought my b team and got smashed towards the end of the fight. 4 max out 5 stars wasn't enough. Brought my a team whoop his ass.

wilstreak

20 pull and not even 1 single decent unit.
the best unit that i got is Miyuki and that is because of her TM.

wonder if it time to part with the game. rather spend money on World of FF than this nonsense.

Skii

You can happily post a screen shot of said units, and other notables and people will gladly give you an opinion.

I highly suggest taking a look at https://exviuswiki.com/Main_Page it's very useful.

You can looks at the units currently in global here:

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_List

There you will see the base rarity and the max rarity of each unit.

You can post a SS of your units to tell you which ones are worth of invest time.

Unit power rankings --> Here

Scroll down towards the bottom of the page for premium units that max out at 4*.

EDIT: Beaten by the more nimble Valentus, heh.

Ah okay thanks for the list guys. Here's my current units so let me know what would be my best team and what units to work on.

I think I want to get enough lapis for 5k so I can do a multi and hopefully get Lightning. Maybe that's a bad idea, I dunno lol.

Lyrian

What's the purpose of this?

So that you don't accidentally sell or fuse a good unit into a crappy one. That's quite painful to endure. Also, support will not give you back your unit if you accidentally fused it into another one.

Lock **everything** that you cannot afford to lose, especially anything that can reach at least 5* in rarity.

tuffymon

There's absolutely no reason to keep around Friend Point units like Skaha and Ollie once they reach 100% TM, right?

So that you don't accidentally sell / fuse them away.

Once you've obtained the tm from them, either fuse into someone else for xp, or sell for some boosted money.

Locking stuff is a great tip~

Ah okay thanks for the list guys. Here's my current units so let me know what would be my best team and what units to work on.

I think I want to get enough lapis for 5k so I can do a multi and hopefully get Lightning. Maybe that's a bad idea, I dunno lol.

You have some great units. Future 6*s: Bartz, Firion, Kefka, Lenna (has she been officially revealed yet?).

Once you get them leveled / ranked up, I'd suggest changing your team to the four I mentioned + Charlotte (she's a better thank than Leo).

Edit: I missed Artemios there. I'd use him over Firion for now, due to Barrage. Firion will get beastly when his 6* is released, but Artemios would be the better current option for DPS vs 5* Firion.

Lyrian

I'm not quite the best team builder out there, but I see a rather decent physical team.

Charlotte or Leo
Bartz
Artemios
Kefka
Lenna

A tank, two barragers, and Lenna for Cheer and Curaja.

That's pretty well rounded for a physical based team at this point in the game's life.

Noting the post above me, you have quite a bunch to work with for the future beyond these five. Nice draws there.

tuffymon

I'd lock some extra stuff as well, but your main team isn't bad. Ideally you'd want to exchange Roselia for Lenna when you have her leveled up. Also Leo for Charlotte. Lastly, swapping Fran for Artemois. Notables I noticed were

Firion (great unit, can use almost anything)
Tellah
Charlotte (better tank)
Leo

Tm
Lenna (since you had 3)
Luna
Freya
Leo (since you had 2)
Kefka (since you had 2)

Looking at the ranks, I disagree that Garnet is better than Lenna. The esper stuff isn't useful and Cheer is better than Raise. I guess I can see Raise being nice with dualcast though because you could rez and then heal that unit in one turn and maybe that's why she's ranked higher? I don't feel compelled to swap WoL for Charlette at this point either but maybe it will be a bigger deal down the road.

My hilarious inability to get a physical attacker continues and unless I get lucky with one of the half price dailies, guess I'm moving on to saving for Orlandu. At least he's better anyway ;p The big silver lining is I went from not really having TMs worth a damn to having all the best ones now. My future physical attacker will be a beast! As will my mages with dual cast.

Speaking of which, can someone link me some instructions on setting up Nox for TM farming?

What's the purpose of this?

If you lock a unit it won't show up when you're in the "Sell Unit" screen so no chance of accidentally selling them.

Aurizen

cheer up. Refia, Luneth and Orlandu are better units than lightning. Just save lapis for the FFIII batch. All 4 units are really good. Refia and Luneth are Top Tier units.

Really? Any of them can equip a katana? I wanna get rid of my Lasswell with someone who can make use of a Muramasa.

tuffymon

Really? Any of them can equip a katana? I wanna get rid of my Lasswell with someone who can make use of a Muramasa.

Sweet, what gives a Muramasa in the game yet? We do however have a Masamune >.>;

While not Lightning... Cyan, Firion, Chizuru, Garland, Hayate, Wol, and Fencer can all make use of it, if you have any of them.

Azuran

Banned
20 pull and not even 1 single decent unit.
the best unit that i got is Miyuki and that is because of her TM.

wonder if it time to part with the game. rather spend money on World of FF than this nonsense.

Seriously the gatcha system in this game is fucking garbage right now. I know you're never going to win against the system, but the RNG when trying to get good units is absolutely brutal because of the way it categorizes units. Garbage like Rakshasa and Gilbert shouldn't be allowed to pop up in rainbow crystals. Hell, they shouldn't even be allowed to have a high rank like that.

Skii

You have some great units. Future 6*s: Bartz, Firion, Kefka, Lenna (has she been officially revealed yet?).

Once you get them leveled / ranked up, I'd suggest changing your team to the four I mentioned + Charlotte (she's a better thank than Leo).

Edit: I missed Artemios there. I'd use him over Firion for now, due to Barrage. Firion will get beastly when his 6* is released, but Artemios would be the better current option for DPS vs 5* Firion.

I'm not quite the best team builder out there, but I see a rather decent physical team.

Charlotte or Leo
Bartz
Artemios
Kefka
Lenna

A tank, two barragers, and Lenna for Cheer and Curaja.

That's pretty well rounded for a physical based team at this point in the game's life.

Noting the post above me, you have quite a bunch to work with for the future beyond these five. Nice draws there.

I'd lock some extra stuff as well, but your main team isn't bad. Ideally you'd want to exchange Roselia for Lenna when you have her leveled up. Also Leo for Charlotte. Lastly, swapping Fran for Artemois. Notables I noticed were

Firion (great unit, can use almost anything)
Tellah
Charlotte (better tank)
Leo

Tm
Lenna (since you had 3)
Luna
Freya
Leo (since you had 2)
Kefka (since you had 2)

Awesome thanks for the help!

Would you recommend me feeding dupes to increase trust or is there something more you can do with them?

tuffymon

Seriously the gatcha system in this game is fucking garbage right now. I know you're never going to win against the system, but the RNG when trying to get good units is absolutely brutal because of the way it categorizes units. Garbage like Rakshasa and Gilbert shouldn't be allowed to pop up in rainbow crystals. Hell, they shouldn't even be allowed to have a high rank like that.

Ya know, after playing games like Monster Hunter with the bs groupings that determined drops... I've wondered how Gacha games do it, like do some people just get cursed Id's? Is there just a giant list labeled 1-10000 (or whatever), with each spot having a name and the next purchase just yanks it etc >.>;

Awesome thanks for the help!

Would you recommend me feeding dupes to increase trust or is there something more you can do with them?

This all depends on how motivated you are on obtaining Tm's. You could lets say, have an earth shrine party that has 3 lennas that merge into 1 (as really why would you need more than 1?), while you might want both of your kefkas ribbons.

tuffymon

Very good units, a lot of good stuff all over~

I like the physical side more so than the magical side, so my preferences would change Tellah to Cod, but I understand if he's sorta a backup healer/nuker/raise user.

I'd recommend more locks, and disposing of quite a few lesser units as well.

Notable wise I saw
Garland
Charlotte
Wol x 2
Bartz x 4
Exdeath
Kuja
Kefka
Roselia

Tm
Leo
Hayate
Amarant
Zidane
Bartz

Skii

This all depends on how motivated you are on obtaining Tm's. You could lets say, have an earth shrine party that has 3 lennas that merge into 1 (as really why would you need more than 1?), while you might want both of your kefkas ribbons.

I don't understand what any of this means lol.

tuffymon

It takes apx 10000 battles to get 1 unit from 0.0 to 100 to gain whatever trust reward a unit has.

Now running 3 Lennas at once you could have them each be at 30% each (+5% for feeding a dupe), and feed them to the superior Lenna and gain 100% that way. Reducing time extensively for that 1 staff reward. OR you could go from 0 > 100 on just one unit if you really want multiples such as Kefkas ribbon.

orion434

Yesterday I did my 1/2 price pull and got Lud, with seeing all the players with Lightning I said "what the hell" and did an 11-pull. Got 2x Charlotte and Lightning!!! Banner is done... but I have barely any Lapis, but I still have 11 Rare tickets I've been stockpiling.

My ID is 055,589,632 my lightning is only lv 47 though.

chrono01

How i wish.

I've put more effort on my main. But my alt is stealing all the luck.
This is one of the reasons why I'd never run an alt. I know the same thing would happen and I'd feel horrible, haha.

I hope your main sees some of that alt luck soon!

Got trolled by a rainbow crystal this morning, turned out to be Cecil.

Still pretty happy with it as it's the first Cecil i've pulled!
This is a time when a troll rainbow crystal isn't really a troll rainbow crystal. Cecil is amazing. Congrats!

I know, it wasn't a Lightning, but still an amazing pull.

Grats, now you really are rocking \o/. Ps keep the Penelo, her tm will be important later on :D.
Thanks man.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it. My collection feels a bit more complete, with a couple of tanks and a full breaker (finally). I know I was originally pulling for Lightning and, despite not getting her, things ended up pretty well. I'm content.

I might have missed it, but did you do any pulls on this banner yet?

Today's half price pull: Ludmille.

Dualcast in 2 pulls?

I'm okay with this.
\o/!

Thanks again guys, rng is rng, we can only do so much!!

And Rixa I would happily throw all these god damn Zidanes!

^^^

Lyrian god damnit!!
I hope you get that Ludmille soon (on your 1/2 price daily). She seems common to everyone but you, it seems. :/

I failed and succumbed to temptation. It was all worth it.

Did an 11 pull...got Lightning!

Pretty chuffed.

Congrats to everyone else who got great pulls. To those who didn't don't fear, your time is coming.
Congrats on the Lightning. :)

I guess I'm in the minority since I only do the daily pull, even though I have 30+ tickets and 10K lapis saved up. It helps when you are not after a specific unit, all I really hope for everyday is someone I don't have already, but my luck has been pretty bad since I started playing 2 months ago, I lack most of the popular units people talk about here. Another thing that helps is to keep a tight control of your unit slots. I'm at 64/65, since I'm more of a collector I keep one of each of the characters I've maxed out, even if they are only 3* (the only standard unit I lack is Sarah).

I do think about doing the 10+1 at times, but that would require me to spend an additional 200 lapis to expand my slots, which then kind of kill the temptation for me.
Yeah, I keep one of every character too (including the Friend Point summon ones). Space can be an issue, but I'm making do. If I need to increase it further, I will.

Nice to see someone resisting the temptation to spend all of their Lapis (or a good portion of it, anyway). Hang in there and keep doing those daily pulls!

Add me:120 759 149 -- everyone has GAF in their message, right?
Indeed, I have a GAF mention in my message. It's useful, since it lets you know who is/isn't from GAF, especially since some have differing names than what you see here.

Anyway, I'll add you shortly!

Thinking it over a bit, I have decided to remove it from my phone and laptop, but I will keep it on my Desktop.

I'm going to treat it like a normal game now, rather than a mobile game, which is where I feel like my issues have been coming from. I still enjoy it, but I've definitely made it too big of a habit, rather than a piece of entertainment to slowly consume. By having the ability to take it anywhere, has made me spend too much time on it.
Sounds like the right decision.

Glad to see you won't be leaving the game entirely. Don't be a stranger!

Oh my God, I pulled Lightning on my daily pull. That's about 15 pulls in total. My team is ridiculous now.
That luck. Congrats!

Finally got a lightning after 44pulls ,so many charlottes and ludmilles ;-|
\o/!

Figured I'd ask. I have a bunch of units to level, what should I for most?

My current main party (once I get them maxed):

Other units:
That's...an incredible list of characters. You could literally do anything.

Full physical team?

Chizuru
CoD
Bartz
Garland
Lenna (Full Cheer)

Full magical team?

Exdeath
Kefka
Tellah
Golbez
Terra

Balanced team?

Chizuru
CoD
Warrior of Light
Kefka
Lenna

Really, you have so many choices. Can't go wrong with any of them, haha. Nice collection!

Yesterday I did my 1/2 price pull and got Lud, with seeing all the players with Lightning I said "what the hell" and did an 11-pull. Got 2x Charlotte and Lightning!!! Banner is done... but I have barely any Lapis, but I still have 11 Rare tickets I've been stockpiling.

My ID is 055,589,632 my lightning is only lv 47 though.
And another Lightning joins GAF. Congrats man!

I'll add you in a bit.

tariniel

I still need a lot of Lumber for that Shining Splendor, but should I be using my energy on the new story content first? Is there any reason I should rush it vs just doing whatever I feel like?

For example maybe the 6* upgrade materials need to have it done? I have no idea.

chrono01

I still need a lot of Lumber for that Shining Splendor, but should I be using my energy on the new story content first? Is there any reason I should it vs just doing whatever I feel like?

For example maybe the 6* upgrade materials need to have it done? I have no idea.
I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure 6* evolution materials will receive their own Vortex daily, probably mixed in with the current Awakening one with a new "Pro" level. Someone, correct me if I'm wrong!

Anyway, I'd say do what you'd like. There's really no reason to power through story mode, as the content right now in-game is pretty lax. If you want to farm a bit more lumber to get your first Shining Splendor in the oven, go right ahead! The rest of the story content, and Esper unlocks, will be there when you're ready for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom