• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

tariniel

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure 6* evolution materials will receive their own Vortex daily, probably mixed in with the current Awakening one with a new "Pro" level. Someone, correct me if I'm wrong!

Anyway, I'd say do what you'd like. There's really no reason to power through story mode, as the content right now in-game is pretty lax. If you want to farm a bit more lumber to get your first Shining Splendor in the oven, go right ahead! The rest of the story content, and Esper unlocks, will be there when you're ready for them.

Thanks! I'm a bit paranoid since when they released the last story I kind of ignored it at first then panicked to unlock Forge for that mogcake vent.

chrono01

Thanks! I'm a bit paranoid since when they released the last story I kind of ignored it at first then panicked to unlock Forge for that mogcake vent.
Yeah, we shouldn't be receiving any ingredient-farming events for the next while, so you should be safe (the upcoming one is a Vortex-based one, IIRC).

urgh... this is bad.

all these lightning friends just make me want my own lol.

hmmm... do i want a ps4pro... or lightning.
Go with the PS4 Pro, so you can enjoy playing "FFXIII Ultimate Edition Redux HD", gazing upon the Goddess herself, in even higher clarity!

After several tries, I just don't think I can manage the Brachiosaur. I tried with Lenna/Celes, WoL, Exdeath, Kefka, and Tellah -- and got nowhere. All 5*, level 80. I thought I could Focus/Full Break/Blizzaga the guy with Celes on Cura duty, but no luck.

My lack of Barrage and any decent physical attacker is showing, and my computer isn't powerful enough to TM grind.

Lyrian

After several tries, I just don't think I can manage the Brachiosaur. I tried with Lenna/Celes, WoL, Exdeath, Kefka, and Tellah -- and got nowhere. All 5*, level 80. I thought I could Focus/Full Break/Blizzaga the guy with Celes on Cura duty, but no luck.

My lack of Barrage and any decent physical attacker is showing, and my computer isn't powerful enough to TM grind.

There's an **awful** lot of stupid RNG luck needed to win that fight without TMs.

When I beat it yesterday, I had a worse team that what you put together to beat it. You just have to hope that the game doesn't roll Snort for a long enough time that you can do considerable damage to it before losing key party members.

When I beat it, I used Lenna for exclusively Curaja duty, with Tellah performing backup heals after a Ultima.

Also, with that many mages, are you also Imperil'ing the boss? That will stack on top of Full Break and will yield 20% more damage per Blizzaga EACH in the elemental chain. Order in the elemental chain is important too. Cast in weakest to strongest order of MAG.

If you didn't already know, Celes's Sealing Blade will defeat Ultima, giving you essentially a free turn if used correctly.

Other than that, as I said above, the fight is a stupid amount of luck even if the perfect team is assembled. Generally. you will need to make it far enough to get to it start casting Ultima before losing anyone to Snort to have a realistic chance of beating it.

I guess that's the tradeoff for being a zero energy fight.

Ourobolus

Banned
Very good units, a lot of good stuff all over~

I like the physical side more so than the magical side, so my preferences would change Tellah to Cod, but I understand if he's sorta a backup healer/nuker/raise user.

I'd recommend more locks, and disposing of quite a few lesser units as well.

Notable wise I saw
Garland
Charlotte
Wol x 2
Bartz x 4
Exdeath
Kuja
Kefka
Roselia

Tm
Leo
Hayate
Amarant
Zidane
Bartz
A lot of the lesser ones are basically since I get so many I may as well grab a few TMs

There's an **awful** lot of stupid RNG luck needed to win that fight without TMs.

When I beat it yesterday, I had a worse team that what you put together to beat it. You just have to hope that the game doesn't roll Snort for a long enough time that you can do considerable damage to it before losing key party members.

When I beat it, I used Lenna for exclusively Curaja duty, with Tellah performing backup heals after a Ultima.

Also, with that many mages, are you also Imperil'ing the boss? That will stack on top of Full Break and will yield 20% more damage per Blizzaga EACH in the elemental chain. Order in the elemental chain is important too. Cast in weakest to strongest order of MAG.

If you didn't already know, Celes's Sealing Blade will defeat Ultima, giving you essentially a free turn if used correctly.

Other than that, as I said above, the fight is a stupid amount of luck even if the perfect team is assembled. Generally. you will need to make it far enough to get to it start casting Ultima before losing anyone to Snort to have a realistic chance of beating it.

I guess that's the tradeoff for being a zero energy fight.

Thank you! Done, and it was trivial this time -- RNG didn't Snort until he was 75% dead.

I was using Sealing Blade incorrectly. I thought it canceled out the next enemy magic attack. And I wasn't using Imperil, either -- I guess I need to be in FFRK mode where I'm thinking about stacking. I also think the game's not too forgiving when it comes to elemental chaining.

As far as items, I just used 1 Turbo Ether and 3 Smelling Salts.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Well don't you abandon us completely, we like you here! Good to know you were able to identify it as a too frequent habit as opposed to an obsession!

PVP!

That actually means a lot to me. I have trouble making friends.

16-crying-shuichi.jpg

In my 3am fit last night, I did decide to burn all my Lapis(12.5k), so I will repurchase it one day to set myself up back where I was, but I will not purchase after that. I let my emotions get the better of me.

Valentus

Have you followed Brachiossaur attack pattern?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/missions/trial/1-3

For the easy read:

100% HP threshold:

- Brachiossaur will use dissaster in turn 1, and then you need to start counting turns.
- After that until turn five, Bracchiosaur attacks can be the following:

Normal attack and end turn.
20% chance to do snort (there i suggest you just restart the battle) and end turn.
40% chance to do Disaster and end turn.
40% chance to do Meteor and end turn.
30% chance to do Spin and end turn.

In turn five, Bracchiosaur has 100% chance to do meteor and 20% chance to do Spin in the same turn.

After turn five, when Bracchiosaur does disaster or snort, you should start counting turns again (if Bracchiosaur does any other attack, you dont need to count turns)

50% Threshold:

- When you damage 50% or more to brachiossaur, it will use "charging power" skill. And the next turn he will do ultima (celes runic can absorb ultima (i assume meteor too, if you want to do it in turn 5)
- Theres a little chance that brachiossaur will attack normally. If that happens, next turn will do charging power, and ultima the turn after that.

-After bracchiosaur does ultima, you can follow the attack pattern from before (if the turn bracchiosaur does "charging power" or ultima coincides with the turn 5 of meteor, it wont cast meteor, but after the ultima, it will do meteor)

30% HP Threshold:

- When you hit the 30% hp mark or less, Bracchiosaur will do snort with 100% chance, and end turn.
- After that you must follow the same attack pattern from before. (the turn five meteor applies to snort too)

If you follow this steps, you might defeat it.

If you dont have full break, what i recommend:

- Warrior of Light for full break
- Exdeath for imperil (very usefull here) and blizzaga
- Lid for the focus (if you have a Vaan then a Vaan)
- Kefka for blizzaga and imperil (and elemental chain)
- Lenna with headband and black choker equipped (this is very important!, that way lenna wont be confused or sleep and she will be active all the battle for healing or esuna)

I just tried with WoL (Golem), Kefka (Ramuh), Chizuru (Ifrit), Lenna (Shiva) and ExDeath (Siren) and i did it without any TM equip or materia. Just normal equip and just being careful of not doing anything wrong with turns.

Lyrian

That actually means a lot to me. I have trouble making friends.

Hey, someone has to pick on me besides Chilly and CCIE. They can't have all the fun, you know.

Who else is going to poke fun at me and my old-school manual macroing ways? :)~

You'll get your lapis back soon enough. This game is quite generous with giving that out more so than in other gachas.

Lyrian

Thank you! Done, and it was trivial this time -- RNG didn't Snort until he was 75% dead.

I was using Sealing Blade incorrectly. I thought it canceled out the next enemy magic attack. And I wasn't using Imperil, either -- I guess I need to be in FFRK mode where I'm thinking about stacking. I also think the game's not too forgiving when it comes to elemental chaining.

As far as items, I just used 1 Turbo Ether and 3 Smelling Salts.

Grats on the win!

Item use sounds about right. I think I used a couple turbo ethers and eye drops on my winning run.

leehom

Turned in all the Earth Keys and I can't find the Thief Bracers in my inventory??

NM, found out they changed it to Holy Lance

Jeffrey

lol i boot up ff13 for the first time today.

my god does this game start off real bad.

the voice acting... is wrong. as in, it clearly wasn't written or directed by humans. Something about it is just 'off'.

Also no party control? what.

my f2p mobile games have more depth than this.

wonder if it gets better.

also so many terms and shit that they just dump on ya.

Zafir

the voice acting... is wrong. as in, it clearly wasn't written or directed by humans. Something about it is just 'off'.

Well, you get more battle options by chapter 3 or 4 i think, 1-2hours in.

The tutorials are spread out over 10 odd hours, it keeps adding new stuff in as you go through. That said, the bosses do pose a bit of a challenge even early on despite that fact. So I don't really call it a tutorial like many do.

You don't get a full party until somewhere around chapter 7 though, which means up until that point, you can't choose who is in your party because well, they aren't there. Which is an issue for a lot of people.

Honestly I think the battle system is pretty good, but I think I'm kind of in the minority on that.

Worst FF
game
of last gen.

orion434

I've read that I should not Awaken 3* Cecil, something about leveling hIs LB easier? Is it like that for all 3* units? Can anyone explain it easily?

Zafir

I've read that I should not Awaken 3* Cecil, something about leveling hIs LB easier? Is it like that for all 3* units? Can anyone explain it easily?

So to level up a LB you have to use it a certain amount of times as you probably know. If you awaken that unit, the amount required goes up pretty drastically for each unit.

That said, 4* and 5* do unlock more ranks of LB. So ideally you'd want to level up at the lowest possible opportunity. Ie do 1-10 at 3*, 10-15 at 4* and then the final 15-20 at 5*.

There isn't that many heroes where it's worth grinding LB's though. Cecil it is, besides that maybe Exdeath though that isn't paramount.

bonkeng

It gets a bit better when you reach Gran Pulse. That's where I started enjoying the game.

orion434

So to level up a LB you have to use it a certain amount of times as you probably know. If you awaken that unit, the amount required goes up pretty drastically for each unit.

That said, 4* and 5* do unlock more ranks of LB. So ideally you'd want to level up at the lowest possible opportunity. Ie do 1-10 at 3*, 10-15 at 4* and then the final 15-20 at 5*.

There isn't that many heroes where it's worth grinding LB's though. Cecil it is, besides that maybe Exdeath though that isn't paramount.

Ah, thanks it makes much more sense now.

linkent

If you follow this steps, you might defeat it.

If you dont have full break, what i recommend:

- Warrior of Light for full break
- Exdeath for imperil (very usefull here) and blizzaga
- Lid for the focus (if you have a Vaan then a Vaan)
- Kefka for blizzaga and imperil (and elemental chain)
- Lenna with headband and black choker equipped (this is very important!, that way lenna wont be confused or sleep and she will be active all the battle for healing or esuna)
dooooood.

honestly i got him to 30%
without fullbreak, i couldnt do the last bit of damage as my units are exhausted and snort got my healer.

c-murph

Hmmm

Does anyone know why Terra's LB is tied to physical attack and not MAG lol

It's based on how hard she can throw those green bananas when she goes into ape mode.

I'll set this guy as my lead:

I hope he's helpful to you guys.

Good job. Makes me want my TMs to finish already... *sigh* Such a long way to go still.

Is that how the LB work? Do LBs levels carry over to the next awakening * level or do they start back at Lv.1 again with each awakening? Also, Can you combine LB exp from two characters that are the same like TMs %?

Brachiossaur wrecked me. I tried to heal as best I can with Terra and Cecil, and even with double Barrage from Bartz and Chizuru and Armor Break from Vaan, it wasn't enough. It was down to like 1/4 health.

Lyrian

Done and done with Dirnado. All 83 quests in the book, and all earth and gale keys available collected.

That was fun. Story bosses were actually halfway challenging for a non-TM's team. Looking forward to next weekend's (FFT?) new content.

Time to go dissect Diabolos (after a short mental sanity reset, of course).

Done and done with Dirnado. All 83 quests in the book, and all earth and gale keys available collected.

That was fun. Story bosses were actually halfway challenging for a non-TM's team. Looking forward to next weekend's (FFT?) new content.

Time to go dissect Diabolos (after a short mental sanity reset, of course).

Good show!!

I've decided.

If I don't get a Lud by Wednesday, I'm going to destroy the planet.

I think thats fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom