• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ourobolus

Banned
I am never going to finish The Hungers Game quest. I think I've run Deserted Highroad SW about 30 times at this point and only run into 1.

Skii

Wait till a Cactuar vortex event which comes out roughly every 3-4 weeks.

Either way, even the hard exp one is doable if you use some of our higher power friend characters. Barrage makes short work of it.

Ah okay, does it come during the end of the month?

My friends are all weak so I can't really do much. I wish I didn't use my cactuar on garbage units :(

Valentus

Ah okay, does it come during the end of the month?

My friends are all weak so I can't really do much. I wish I didn't use my cactuar on garbage units :(

you can wait for the friend summon special event. There you can summon cactuars too.

I have 999 friend summons waiting. I cant even get more friend points because the game tolds me that i will be wasted because i reached the max lmao.

Good show!!

I've decided.

If I don't get a Lud by Wednesday, I'm going to destroy the planet.

I think thats fair.

hUSPiMD.jpg

Skii

you can wait for the friend summon special event. There you can summon cactuars too.

I have 999 friend summons waiting. I cant even get more friend points because the game tolds me that i will be wasted because i reached the max lmao.

Ah okay I'll save up. I really dislike it when gacha games make character XP hard to get. It's just extra grinding for no reason.

ExVicis

So I've finished the Colosseum and the story. No idea now what to prioritize or do in-game. I guess I could slowly grind out TMs but I haven't figured out the NOX thing. I could continue farming for Hero Rings or rank ups. So there's all that buts no specific thing sticks out for me to work towards.

I guess I could finish up farming lumber for the second Shining Splendor but that just sounds boring and I still need 140-some left.

fester

Banned
15000 lapis burning a hole in my pocket. Trying to hold out and get lucky with the daily pull, but getting impatient. The 20 tickets I had I saved up landed me several units of Ludmille and Charlotte which was helpful (didn't have a tank previously), but no Lightning.

Skii

Realistically, how much Lapis are we supposed to get from story/ranking up? I'm surprised by how little we get compared to other gacha games. 100 lapis is basically 1/50 of a multi and we get that after 3-4 missions. That's really slow lol. I guess the 100 from rank up helps but I feel like you'll be lucky to get 3 multis from the story whilst I've seen other gacha games give up to 10 multis from story premium currency.

I'm probably missing something lol.

Vashetti

Banned
Realistically, how much Lapis are we supposed to get from story/ranking up? I'm surprised by how little we get compared to other gacha games. 100 lapis is basically 1/50 of a multi and we get that after 3-4 missions. That's really slow lol. I guess the 100 from rank up helps but I feel like you'll be lucky to get 3 multis from the story whilst I've seen other gacha games give up to 10 multis from story premium currency.

The paltry 50 lapis from completing all six daily quests is a joke too.

Syntsui

I'm bothered by this too, in the beginning we were showered by lapis, but the new content requires a ridiculous amount of energy to even play the game, it will be REALLY hard to get a decent amount of lapis for pulls.

Kouriozan

We need the missions ASAP!
We should get those before Bartz and Exdeath get their 6* awakening upgrade, at the same time as battle arena (PvP)

Iceman829

Daily 1/2 pull was Locke! It's my first one so I'm happy. I'll add him to the list of characters I need to level next week. I'm just cruising by on auto pilot doing chamber of crystals to take a break from the grind for the weekend. I'm also using the time to play forza horizon 3 and having fun

Kouriozan

What are exaclty the rewards of missions and the battle arena?

Missions give you lapis most of the time, like this :

H004zJT.jpg

It's little objectives like don't use items/finish the boss with a limit/etc..
Every stages will get those so get ready to redo the whole story once this update hits Global.

PvP arena's reward are listed here : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/arena#wiki_rewards
Include stat pots and trust moogles.

Rixa

We dont know how Gumi handles these, but in JP:
- PVP gives some Lapis.
- Missions are tasks in story quests.

If I remember right its 3 missions per story quests netting total of 100 Lapis per story q.
For example: "Dont use magic", "Use ice spells only", "0 Deaths" and so on.

Edit: Slow :p

Valentus

The paltry 50 lapis from completing all six daily quests is a joke too.

In JPBE, the mission system was implemented. Basically each stage (all of them, from the very beginning) have 4 missions you must achieve.

each mission gives you 40, 20, 20, 20 lapis, for a total of 100 lapis for each stage.

The missions are like "complete stage without dying" "use blizzard in this stage" "complete stage without limit breaks" "defeat boss with a limit break" and something like that.

So when the mission system arrives, there will be plenty of lapis to grind.

Arena system is just like that. PVP that give you a ranking and each week depending of the ranking you get rewards like tickets, lapis, trust moogles, etc.

Syntsui

So, these missions will give a limited amount of lapis and we will have the same problem we have right in due time. This game pales even to Mobius when it comes to giving us currency :(

Kouriozan

So, these missions will give a limited amount of lapis and we will have the same problem we have right in due time. This game pales even to Mobius when it comes to giving us currency :(

Well the first island alone give 3800 lapis with the missions. That's actually a lot.
EDIT : the second island is about 6500 lapis. Combine that with the first and that's 2x 11 pull already.

Valentus

The game has given you more than 20000 lapis and like 30 summoning tickets in its first 4 months. Not counting level up and map clears.

The problem is not the currency. The problem is bad RNG and not know how to spend lapis wisely.

Syntsui

Well the first island alone give 3800 lapis with the missions. That's actually a lot.
EDIT : the second island is about 6500 lapis. Combine that with the first and that's 2x 11 pull already.

Which is nice, but not reliable in the long run. But I'm sure they will keep updating the game with new means to get lapis, so that's fine I guess. Still, this game in general is not currency friendly as most gacha games put there.

The game has given you more than 20000 lapis and like 30 summoning tickets in its first 4 months. Not counting level up and map clears.

The problem is not the currency. The problem is bad RNG and not know how to spend lapis wisely.

This is not even my first week playing so I didn't know this, it is actually fair tbh. I'm not concerned anymore, thanks.

Which is nice, but not reliable in the long run. But I'm sure they will keep updating the game with new means to get lapis, so that's fine I guess. Still, this game in general is not currency friendly as most gacha games put there.

This is not even my first week playing so I didn't know this, it is actually fair tbh. I'm not concerned anymore, thanks.

Where in the blazes do you go after reaching the Village of Ambel!??

Kouriozan

Decided to finally start working on item whiz trophy and I'm already at 1200 uses/10000, but wow it's really costly.
are rainbow doors always 1%ish?

Is it still that low in japan?

Yes for the normal rate, and if I understand it correctly, it's 5% when you use a super rare 4* tickets.

mbUqHeY.png

VamFlSB.png

Valentus

are rainbow doors always 1%ish?

Is it still that low in japan?

That brave frontier memories XD

the rate of yellow crystals is 1,5%
rate of rainbow crystals are 0,5%

In this rate up i assume lightning was higher because there were no base 4star units in the batch.

But in the FFXIII banner (lightning - Snow - Vanille - Sazh - hope) Snow and Vanille are base 4star, so i expect lightning drop rate be like 0,5% - 0,3%

Edit: right now in JP:

FFX banner:

Tidus: 0,5%
Riku : 4,75%
Wakka: 20%

Rixa

I just noticed that BE is almost only mobile game I play.

Really bored to PAD (been playing over 400 days). Stopped Granblue Fantasy (too much grind that forces you to use computer). Stopped Brave Frontier EU, cause latest update corrupted my phones wlan all the time and didnt download full :D.

My pad playing is nowadays, I try some dungeon and I die and I close pad and try something else tomorrow. i.e. so bored to game that I dont bother to even check from padx what I should use in xxx dungeon. Either I clear "random" dungeon (5% of time) or I die (95% of time). I know most of the problem is in me (boredom), but I would say that there is something wrong in game if you need to use 3rd party webpage to check what you need to do in every non trivial fight, if you dont check your chances to die are close to 100%.

In BE Iam ok with grind cause I can take phone with me to every place in home country and just use mobile network as much as I like. And the grind I do helps me get awesome items, unlike in GBF where grind is totally rng dependant (also GBF UI is straight from arse).

Well that just leaves more time to grind in BE :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom