• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

I also feel like some people will be disappointed after saving up everything for rate up events when the lackluster results come in.

Yeah, we need new content...hope it happens during e3 and the next couple days.
Yesterday I followed discussion in B-E forums about reroll pulling in JP with 11 tickets (they have some event for starters now). Rates are awful, one player did over 10 rerolls and didnt get top tier pull at all :p.

Surely here we will get meltdowns about bad pulls :).
The items you get for beating a colosseum boss, are they a one time only thing?
I was stuck with Europa some days so I did Beginner C5 boss few times. Reward is Hi-Potion. First time clear items are one time only things.
So is there no event for this coming week like there have been for other weeks?
I think & hope next new event will be announced Wednesday on E3 where they have 30min show, hopefully its new content + global release.

Dandte

New Story Island in wednesday.

Dammit i can't defeat Europa.

Tried a

Cecil
Kain
Krile
Mizell barthundara
Bedile poison Blade Thudara Blade And sleep dagger

Team. But i got crushed.

Vex_

Banned
New Story Island in wednesday.
13450765_138499826569796_1123511930698274876_n.jpg

Rixa

Well they announced new event :D.
I think we will get "Early Bird" deal again (4.50€ for 1k Lapis + 2 tix) once game launches, going to grab it good value for little money.

PSA: There will be 7h maintenance before 2nd Island hits (15th) so be prepared to it.

Also worth noting is that, following the maintenance, the daily reset time will change from 4pm PST (5pm PDT / 8pm EDT) to Midnight PST (1am PDT / 4am EDT - just like FFRK).

Guess the game really doesnt have farmable units - interesting, so it all about Gacha outside of the couple Story Units we get. This also explains why no one wants to pull outside of rate-up events lol.

I also feel like some people will be disappointed after saving up everything for rate up events when the lackluster results come in.

The good thing is that the story units we get for free are pretty baller.

I was very happy to see new update info this morning. Can't wait to finally play some new content. Comes out on my birthday too. Thanks for the gift Square!

Shouta

Finally!!!

I put it in my vaan at the moment. Now i dont know who TM next. i have 5 kains (gungnir) and 5 shantottos (MAG +30%)

... i think ill go for shantotto. The mag +30% can go to my exdeath when he get his 6 star form,

Mag +30% is a great choice to go for next.

creid

Looks like new story island & maintenance coincides with this? Smells like release day to me.
In case anyone didn't see the Square Enix E3 schedule thread. There's a time for the Brave Exvius live stream.

Wednesday, June 15
3:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius: A Special Presentation from the Producers
Time is PDT.

Got to imagine we get the release date then. Hopefully it will release that day.

bonkeng

Finally! New content!

Too bored running Cat Exit every day.

And 2 new Summons, hopefully they're a challenge since most of us have maxed our parties.

Will we get a better spot for Rank grinding on Isle 2? I can't stand doing Cat Exit at 3 a pop as it takes way too long to empty energy.

Before the announcement, I was going to take a break from the game because I maxed all of my units, got stuck at S3 in the Coli and found Cat Exit grinding to be utterly boring and too time consuming (Same reason I haven't grinded my Espers as well). I was enjoying my post Ifrit time with the game far more when it was just a quick 2 ADV EXP / Materials Vortexs + 1 or 2 Coli fights every 90 min.

Rixa

Will we get a better spot for Rank grinding on Isle 2? I can't stand doing Cat Exit at 3 a pop as it takes way too long to empty energy.
They say 2nd Island has sofar best place to grind rank exp 55 / nrg. Dont know where it will be.

Cactuar event for weekend, I have 5 nrg potions unclaimed in messages, going to use them during weekend. I hope to pull something where I can spend those cactuars :p. Otherwise they will wait in inventory.

They say 2nd Island has sofar best place to grind rank exp 55 / nrg. Dont know where it will be.
Thanks for mentioning that while I was using this page to work these out I only just noticed the last revision date...November 2015. That mislead me into thinking the old catacombs are a lot better than they probably are :*(

Looking at a more up to date page doesn't find anything that offers that as rank EXP per NRG as you state but still quite significant improvements though honestly I don't actually know if any of the top 5 will be on the second Island.

Javaman

How do you sell the gill monsters that arw summoned? I've got a bunch in inventory. I disnt see them listed when I try to sell in stores.

Rixa

Thanks for mentioning that while I was using this page to work these out I only just noticed the last revision date...November 2015. That mislead me into thinking the old catacombs are a lot better than they probably are :*(

Looking at a more up to date page doesn't find anything that offers that as rank EXP per NRG as you state but still quite significant improvements though honestly I don't actually know if any of the top 5 will be on the second Island.

I did found the Reddit post.
And I thought it is best but then the user said its on 4th Island :(.

Rixa

Reddit has guide how to get "easy" 300k damage trophy. You get 500 Lapis from the trophy.

Heres how I did it with the help of topic creator:

Earth Shrine exploration
- Do so many fights that LBs are on. All max level units
First turn:
- Vaan uses "Focus"
- Lasswell uses "Store"
- Krile defends
- Medius defends
- Shantotto defends
- Friend Exdeath uses magic boost skill (target itself).

2nd Turn:
- Vaan uses LB
- Lasswell uses LB
- Krile double cast thundara
- Medius uses LB
- Shantotto uses thundaga
- Exdeath uses LB

I may have overkilled boss :p Exdeath did 261k, then another hit from some unit (dunno who) was 51k then there was gazillion +1k hits.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So instead of launching the game they added more goals?

...as long as we are getting new content i dont really care when they "launch" the game. Island 2 and possibility even more Pre-Reg Tickets sound good to me. Maybe they plan to expand the Beta countries from Sweden on iOS to a couple more...

15m points sounds a lot though...hmm.
When the picture is quoted and downsized, the golden ticket looks like a giant sombrero for the metal cactuar. :p
lol

GeekyDad

The battle system looks a lot like Covenant of the Plume as far as chaining attacks and overkills go. Looks almost like they lifted it straight out of that game, with the crystals releasing when chaining attacks and such.

I managed to do all the daily quests before the maintenance. The maintenance post did say after maintenance would be a new day for a new reset schedule.

The official site got pre-registering stretch goals, 15 millions points? Easy!

P8RjozO.jpg
Biggs and Wedge? I can get it from a theme point of view (running all 3 magitek characters with their oversized sprites obscuring other units) but it is a bit much going from 10 tickets then double the amount being 2 FP units and some lapis. Speaking of FP units I've got them all except for Shiki now.

I have to agree with one redditors thought on the matter though:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/4o6qy5/we_did_it_but/d4a0t5a said:
Sounds like a clever way to thwart day one rerollers. Well played....

Rixa

I have to agree with one redditors thought on the matter though:

Yup, I guess that we wont get 10 tix from 5.5m milestone before that register event is over.
Dunno if we get to 15m either and that 10m milestone reward is poor.

Edit: I did prereg again my email account (wtf?). Got email from
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius said:
You are now a part of the grand adventure that is FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS!
Your email address has been officially pre-registered, and may be used to log in to the official site.
You will be notified regarding important FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS updates, including the delivery of your in-game item bonuses at launch.
Thank you for your support, and see you in the world of Lapis!
-The FINAL FANTASY: BRAVE EXVIUS Global Team
Dunno if its just the words or do they deliver items only to prereg players.
Here is the link to prereg campaign.

Vex_

Banned
So you guys recommend we save those tickets or use em right away!! I havent used lapis since soft launch and am sitting on lapis + our free 10 ticket o3o.

blackflag

The battle system looks a lot like Covenant of the Plume as far as chaining attacks and overkills go. Looks almost like they lifted it straight out of that game, with the crystals releasing when chaining attacks and such.

yes this is based on Brave Frontier which is very similar to Valkyrie Profile

So you guys recommend we save those tickets or use em right away!! I havent used lapis since soft launch and am sitting on lapis + our free 10 ticket o3o.

Wait, you people are getting the preregistration rewards already? I didn't get anything yet.

Sounds like a clever way to thwart day one rerollers. Well played....

I don't get this either, aren't prereg rewards codes you enter in-game? What's preventing people from not entering their rewards until they've rerolled what they want?

I feel like I'm missing something obvious regarding both of them and I'm not going to like what it is... :/

Wait, you people are getting the preregistration rewards already? I didn't get anything yet.
No.
People are assuming we're getting it after maintenance.
I don't get this either, aren't prereg rewards codes you enter in-game? What's preventing people from not entering their rewards until they've rerolled what they want?

I feel like I'm missing something obvious regarding both of them and I'm not going to like what it is... :/
Because they want to reroll using the 10 free rolls.

If the reward gets tied to facebook though, rerollers won't be able to efficiently reroll unless they don't care about creating multiple facebook accounts.

Pejo

So has anybody managed to defeat Coliseum boss INT D-1, without Barthundra? It's basically a supercharged version of the first boss in the game. It spams that damn 10,000 Volts attack which instantly oneshots any of my casters, even after I took Siren off of them (for obvious reasons). Am I just stuck until I get a unit with Barthundra or craft it on the second island? I guess I could dip into my 4* units and get a Blade Bash unit and hope for proc.

Heng

So has anybody managed to defeat Coliseum boss INT D-1, without Barthundra? It's basically a supercharged version of the first boss in the game. It spams that damn 10,000 Volts attack which instantly oneshots any of my casters, even after I took Siren off of them (for obvious reasons). Am I just stuck until I get a unit with Barthundra or craft it on the second island? I guess I could dip into my 4* units and get a Blade Bash unit and hope for proc.
The trick is to use magic to kill him. Using physical attacks will cause him to use 10,000 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom